* * * - - 3 votes

New engine

• Please log in to reply
1377 replies to this topic

#1351 gruntguru

gruntguru

• 5,264 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:30

I wonder if this principle could be applied to mechanical systems? Perhaps instead of climbing vertically up a cliff we could build a gently sloping ramp and raise our mass to the top using a much smaller (lateral) force?

Advertisement

#1352 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:50

I wonder if this principle could be applied to mechanical systems? Perhaps instead of climbing vertically up a cliff we could build a gently sloping ramp and raise our mass to the top using a much smaller (lateral) force?

Yes, it kest theoretical justification for such of my projects. Surely Venturi nozzle tp jrst curled wing .. and has the same aerodynamic drag on profits .

redbaron%20spoon.jpg

dedal%20feliks.jpg

Here, instead of a generator, it can be assumed propeller ..

Andrew :smoking:  :smoking:

#1353 Greg Locock

Greg Locock

• 4,507 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 22:29

Show that drawing to Paul MacReady and he'd die laughing. 

#1354 desmo

desmo
  • Tech Forum Host

• 12,975 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 00:50

Paul B. MacCready, Jr. (September 29, 1925 - August 28, 2007) We'd have to resurrect him first.  :lol:

#1355 RogerGraham

RogerGraham

• 106 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:35

Surely you don't even need a propeller?  Just give the plane a little push, and the magic venturi will get it going faster and faster...

#1356 Greg Locock

Greg Locock

• 4,507 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:27

...or wait for a merest waft of a headwind and the thing will go faster so the thrust will get greater and so it'll go faster and so on and so forth and  then it'll reach the speed of sound and then, well who knows what will happen in this new universe? Meanwhile back in our universe the irate pilot will jump out, tear the wretched drag causing device off, and start pedalling.

#1357 gruntguru

gruntguru

• 5,264 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:17

:)

#1358 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,462 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:22

Yes, it kest theoretical justification for such of my projects. Surely Venturi nozzle tp jrst curled wing .. and has the same aerodynamic drag on profits .

redbaron%20spoon.jpg

What's the cavity for in the airfoil?  A magic bullet to prevent stall on this contraction?  :confused:   :lol:

http://ltces.dem.ist...pers/11.3_4.pdf

http://colonius.calt...olonius2011.pdf

Edit - It's a blown slot? 

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 26 May 2014 - 08:23.

#1359 Wuzak

Wuzak

• 3,489 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:34

What's the cavity for in the airfoil?  A magic bullet to prevent stall on this contraction?  :confused:   :lol:

http://ltces.dem.ist...pers/11.3_4.pdf

http://colonius.calt...olonius2011.pdf

Edit - It's a blown slot? 

It's a vaccum generator, used to power wind turbines. Allegedly.

Advertisement

#1360 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 16:59

Thanks Desmo of reminding us of the man who he liked the various interesting things to do .. 

http://en.wikipedia....i/AeroVironment

Wuzak you're right .... :wave:

This V8 Fireworks do not read my posts carefully and do not know that the inside of the wings is ... nothing ..

Well it looks like jeszce wing in cross-section, ie Naca Felix. and this is the name of the family that founded and requires determine what gaps, gfzie placed on which profiles also those bumps to the network, probably can be hundreds of types ..

airfoil2.jpg

Here .. I will do my prototype which acts from the top of the second wing multiplied by quantity and quantity received vacuum ..

Of course, you should quite carefully chosen angles of attack these wings and the distance between them ....

Then the pair of wings are fastened to the treadmill, instead of oxen to the appropriate spin speed and expected energy .... :lol:

kierat2.JPG

#1361 gruntguru

gruntguru

• 5,264 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 22:58

My money is on the oxen.

#1362 Siddley

Siddley

• 174 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:28

Floating airliners ? give me a break. The hydrodynamic loads on the engine pods will probably tear the airframe to pieces when it's ditched.
Airliners do not have a good track record of landing in the sea, despite a couple of incidents where a skilled crew put them down in a river.

When a Beau goes in,
Into the drink,
It makes you think,
Because, you see, they always sink
But nobody says "Poor lad"
Or goes about looking sad
Because, you see, it's war,
It's the unalterable law.

Although it's perfectly certain
The pilot's gone for a Burton
And the observer too
It's nothing to do with you
And if they both should go
To a land where falls no rain nor hail nor driven snow —
Here, there, or anywhere,
Do you suppose they care?

You shouldn't cry
Or say a prayer or sigh.
In the cold sea, in the dark
It isn't a lark
But it isn't Original Sin —
It's just a Beau going in.

#1363 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:22

Posted Today, 04:22
gruntguru, on 27 May 2014 - 00:58, said:
My money is on the oxen.. /quote

Oxen can become sick and will die. Besides then you must have 3 pairs of these oxen after 8 hours of work .. You know how much they eat ?  Not unless you are very rich .. :rolleyes:

can be several such pairs of wings with several compartments assemble and put on the ends of the pipes that supersede the broken windmill propeller .. There, at the end of the speed will be about 1 Mach .. Now you are at the disposal of the entire lift (lift) or how to get from the calculation of the efficiency of the above , about 7% of it you'll already have excess energy for 24 hours...

of course, each chamber will give others a vacuum, and therefore they must propel the various dimensions of the turbine, but connected on one axis ..

then are the chances of get sick of the high efficiency ..

The most important thing .. You know that the oxen have yet to clean up? .. :lol:

several%20chambers.jpg

5-1332-5-mw-bard-near-shore-wind-turbine

Andrew  :smoking:  :smoking:

Edited by Feliks, 31 May 2014 - 09:16.

#1364 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 13:57

No, if anyone can stop the "Physics" from the next disaster? . I do not have the strength to tell you how you should do it ... with 2-meter tunnel adjacent to one another and having a hole at the top, through which a whole this stuff will affect them, and can be removed .. This method of freezing is crazy dangerous because it can destabilize the ground beneath the reactors .. Every physicist should know that water freezes into ice, its volume increases by 10% .. why iceberg floats .. ai thanks on the road doing spring breakthroughs .. and here such a "breakthrough" they want to do the reactors, which may lead them, the 40-meter deep freeze, to improve the soil by 10%, which is 4 meters .. what happens to them, it is not difficult to foresee * as it has imagination, and not just academic titles ... If someone does not know what it is ice here, please : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water .. Besides, this water accumulates on the ice must continue to have some outlet, because it is not a "black hole" ... Help!

http://www.bbc.com/n...d-asia-23940214

Andrew  :mad:

Edited by Feliks, 09 June 2014 - 14:03.

#1365 gruntguru

gruntguru

• 5,264 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 22:36

Groundwater typically occupies less than 30% of the volume - the other 70%+ being soil/rock. The total expansion on freezing will be less than 3% - less than 1% along each orthogonal axis.

#1366 imaginesix

imaginesix

• 5,559 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:08

After following this thread for nearly a decade,all I have learned is that Solidworks needs to be much, much harder to use.

#1367 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:27

Groundwater typically occupies less than 30% of the volume - the other 70%+ being soil/rock. The total expansion on freezing will be less than 3% - less than 1% along each orthogonal axis.

Thanks for the information gruntguru .. but here we are dealing, not with the usual groundwater, about which you write .. speaking of "dam" made of ice, which is to keep the rest of the underground river, which is 100% water .. It will be It accumulate at the ice dam and creates an underground lake, which will gradually freezing, teeth get established tightness. and then this accumulated water, 100% water is frozen as a result of the dam of neighboring ice .. In the case of ordinary groundwater that do not are working as a dam for flowing water, but remain alone, is probably just as you write. But unfortunately, flowing water all the time and stopped by an ice dam, the freeze are 100% water. Besides, this way, do NOT give any chance to extract from the ground corrium, which certainly is leaking from damaged reactors into the ground, but directly into the reactors .. and can be already much deeper than those established 40 meters. That is why I am apprehensive, however,

Andrew  :wave:

#1368 gruntguru

gruntguru

• 5,264 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:00

I doubt the underground river is 100% water i.e. water flowing through a cave. They are usually just groundwater moving through porous rock formations.

#1369 Kelpiecross

Kelpiecross

• 872 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:45

I thought the ice-wall idea was a good one - and it would probably work.

Reminds me of a technique that plumbers use - freezing a pipe with liquid nitrogen each side of an area of the pipe that needs repairs or alterations etc. so they don't need to shut the water off at the mains.

#1370 RogerGraham

RogerGraham

• 106 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 13:11

Getting completely off-topic, but...

Here in Hong Kong, they dig a lot of tunnels, and there were some articles recently on causes for delays on some of the big'uns.  Turns out that sometimes they're digging through quite wet ground, and they need to install a hojillion pipes to freeze the ground before they can safely dig out the tunnels.  Maybe not news for some readers of this thread, but it fascinated me!  It's one of things that at first you think "Sounds like it'll work, but surely there's an easier way?", but apparently it's the easiest way.

#1371 Siddley

Siddley

• 174 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 13:36

After following this thread for nearly a decade,all I have learned is that Solidworks needs to be much, much harder to use.

If I had a euro for every time I have seen people posting pictures of bright ideas they designed with Solidworks, but couldn't actually be manufactured ( short of using 5 axis mills, wire edms, special machines that can drill left handed square holes round corners etc etc ) -  and if it could be manufactured wouldn't work as designed anyway - I'd have........quite a lot of euro's

I use pencil and paper now :-

1) It's cheaper than even a pirate copy of Solidworks ( counting the two days it'll take to install it, the instructions always being in some unknown cyrillic language )

2) Well made technical drawing sets are cool, like slide rules
3) Has multiple levels of undo ( called a rubber, or eraser for our American friends )

4) Comes with Finite Element Analysis ( " that element looks strong enough, I'm finished here " )

5) Advanced rendering options ( you can colour it in if you like )

#1372 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 15:01

Underground sarcophagus must be the first in Fukushima...

fuku.jpg

Andrew :smoking:

Here, as the tunneling doing in the world, quickly and as cheaply ...

herenkneft.jpg

:smoking:  :smoking:

Getting completely off-topic, but...

Here in Hong Kong, they dig a lot of tunnels, and there were some articles recently on causes for delays on some of the big'uns.  Turns out that sometimes they're digging through quite wet ground, and they need to install a hojillion pipes to freeze the ground before they can safely dig out the tunnels.  Maybe not news for some readers of this thread, but it fascinated me!  It's one of things that at first you think "Sounds like it'll work, but surely there's an easier way?", but apparently it's the easiest way.

So this is a good idea to do tunnels, where several meters around is to freeze the ground, and not to rescue the extensive failure of nuclear power ... Also comparing methods domestic plumbers to repair the damaged pipe is not well to save a nuclear power plant. . Especially because I see that these comparisons, defend this method of freezing, show that many do not distinguish between the situations in which these methods are used, which raises my even greater concerns about the effects that can be ..

Andrew :smoking:

#1373 gruntguru

gruntguru

• 5,264 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 23:20

Its probably a case of "if they could think of a better way - they would do it".

#1374 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:39

Well, the couple is also reasonable and imagination of people .. I do not feel so lonely .. :rolleyes:

http://enenews.com/j...#comment-531509

#1375 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 17:40

Gdybym miał euro za każdym razem widziałem ludzi opublikowania zdjęcia z błyskotliwych pomysłów one zaprojektowane z SolidWorks, ale nie może być rzeczywiście wyprodukowanej (krótki przy użyciu 5 osi EDMS młyny drutu, specjalne maszyny, które może wiercić otwory kwadratowe leworęcznych okrągły narożniki itp itd) - i jeśli to może być wykonane nie przebiega tak, jak w każdym razie - Musiałbym ........ sporo euro używam ołówka i papieru obecnie: -

1) Jest to tańsze niż nawet kopii pirackiego oprogramowania SolidWorks (licząc dwóch dni zajmie to, aby go zainstalować, instrukcje zawsze jest w jakimś nieznanym języku cyrylicy)

2) Dobrze wykonane zestawy do rysunku technicznego są fajne, jak suwaki
3) ma wiele poziomów cofania (zwane gumy lub gumki dla naszych amerykańskich przyjaciół)

4) Pochodzi z Metody Elementów Skończonych ("ten element wygląda na tyle silny, że skończyłem tutaj")

5) Zaawansowane opcje renderowania (można pokolorować go, jeśli chcesz)

1505175.jpg

https://www.plm.auto...nt-download.cfm

http://www.solidedge...ree-2d-download

#1376 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 21:15

Here are many pictures of these in one movie ..

#1377 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:17

Here historical figure .. then only the best solution was graph paper .. Figure was every day for 1 month used, when did this lathe crankshaft. The crankshaft has five supports and four crank, 90 degrees .. starting weight of the material (iron containing 5% cobalt) was 80 kg (160 lb) is the world's first practical crankshaft timing ..

1b.jpg

Edited by Feliks, 21 August 2014 - 10:18.

#1378 Feliks

Feliks

• 639 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 22:51

And here's how it looks in the original .. It is not enough to come up with a way to the engine ... still need to know how to realize ... only together give a true effect ..

[img] wal6.jpg

Andrew :wave:

Edited by Feliks, 22 August 2014 - 22:55.