Photo

Reutemann in Ferrari Wednesday at Fiorano

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jorism

jorism

• 179 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 19:04

:clap: Wonderful news, I just read that Carlos Reutemann drove in the Ferrari F 2004 today:

There was a surprise test today at the Fiorano track. Getting behind the wheel of an F2004 was a driver who had not been seen in Formula 1 for quite some time: Carlos Reutemann.

The Argentine driver arrived in Maranello yesterday, renewing acquaintance with the Ferrari team that had seen him race as a front runner in the second half of the Seventies. Reutemann was a works driver from the end of the 1976 season to 1978, winning a Constructors’ title in 1977 and five Grands Prix.

He was met by Managing Director Jean Todt and visited both the Gestione Sportiva and the Gestione Industriale, as well as having a telephone conversation with President Montezemolo, who is currently on business in China.

It was his chat with the sporting director from his days as a Ferrari driver that led to the idea of a test in the car that won this year’s Drivers’ and Constructors’ titles. And so, this morning, Reutemann came to Fiorano where mechanics and engineers waited to put him through a really special test drive. On his feet, the same shoes he wore in his racing days and even his helmet bore his old yellow and blue colours. “Lole” did several runs, completing a total of seventeen laps.

“It was an unforgettable experience,” said Reutemann after the drive. “I would like to thank Ferrari for having organised this test even though it was a holiday. It was really exciting and I enjoyed myself very much! The car is impressive, especially in terms of the power from the engine. It is completely different to the car that I drove back in my day. Watching on television, Formula 1 today can look easy, but having tried it myself I can guarantee you that is not the case!”

Maybe someone can post here some high quality photos from today?

Advertisement

#2 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:37

Viva la Patria carajo!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

esto salio en carburando hoy
http://www.carburand...sp?idNota=11577

#3 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:40

Carlos, sos el mas grande de todos for ever!!

Posted Image

#4 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:59

Sorry Bira.

#5 bira

bira

• 13,359 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:03

No worries, I fixed it for you :kiss:

#6 bournenville

bournenville

• 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:07

Linda sorpresa,nice surprise!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
Anybody knows laptimes? :cool:
I am VERY happy to see this piece of news.
CARLOS GHYS WHERE ARE YOU!have you seen this? :wave:
By the way say hello to your brother!!

Ignacio

#7 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:16

Originally posted by bournenville
Linda sorpresa,nice surprise!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
Anybody knows laptimes? :cool:
I am VERY happy to see this piece of news.
CARLOS GHYS WHERE ARE YOU!have you seen this? :wave:
By the way say hello to your brother!!

Ignacio

My name is Enrique, and I Tell you: Carlos Reutemann IS THE BEST., IS THE MAN..!

Posted Image

#8 lukywill

lukywill

• 6,660 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:18

=:-]

and he is smiling!

#9 Mickey

Mickey

• 2,870 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:54

Today's La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Reutemann's best lap on the F2004 was 1'27"32, while his personal best was 1'09"341 set on the 312T2 in 1977. They explained that he went really easy yesterday, and the only time he tried to push a bit he went off the track.

It also says that Ferrari's "F1 restoration department" was asked whether they still had Reutemann's seatbelts and whether they could be bolted on the F2004. It doesn't say whether they were used during the test.

Finally it's reported that Carlos got to Fiorano on a Seat Altea, and was the only one allowed inside the track with a car that doesn't come from Gruppo Fiat, as the latest instructions dictate!