Photo

Lap Charts, Web pages and Autocourse

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gilles2735

gilles2735

• 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:51

I wa just wondering if anyone can tell me where I can gain access to full lap charts from Grand Prix as far back as possible, I was hoping there may be a website that would make it relatively easy, but I have not yet come across one. I have several copies of Autocourse ranging from 1965 to 1987 but I need as many full season sequence of not only lap charts but also qualifying times and fastest laps. I am working on a project so if anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sean

Advertisement

#2 bira

bira

• 13,348 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:19

FORIX would be your best starting point. To the best of my knowledge, it has the most GPs covered on the Internet as far as the data you're looking for, and probably all the data you need as far back as the beginning of the 1970s.

Also, Atlas F1 has full race laptimes and lapcharts from the past 10 years.

#3 gilles2735

gilles2735

• 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:31

Thanks for that, my father used to keep all the old Autosports we bought and I have some of those still, any idea whether any of the older copies of Autocourse are available, I have not seen them in Australia, they were readily available in New Zealand but for some reason, not on this side of the Tasman.

#4 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 10,825 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:47

You can get old volumes of Autocourse; ebay has them occasionally, but you may have to re-mortgage your house in order to be able to afford them.

#5 Dave Wright

Dave Wright

• 267 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:03

If you just mean lap chart (i.e. positions throughout the race) and not race lap-times these are more widely available. The Great Encyclopedia of Formula 1 by P Menard for example has lap charts for all championship races from 1950, and at a reasonable price.