Photo

Where is the T35B #4944 ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC

• 118 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:02

I will like to know if somebody has news of Bugatti Type 35 B #4944 of Adrien Maeght which had been stolen in Nice in 1983 during the construction of the Musée De L'Automobiliste of Mougins . With you it found or not bus in its book Antoine Raffaëlli precise that to date it was not found but since the publication of its book, has to you one news of this Type 35 B?

Vive La Marque

Best regards

Advertisement

#2 brescia_I

brescia_I

• 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 19:12

Sorry.. as far as I know..
the car has not yet re-appeared !

maybe we have to look the spares of some replica....

lol...

#3 dbw

dbw

• 993 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:13

the " chassis number", in this case 4944, should only appear on the small brass plate on the footwell cover and on the upper crankcase leg...the engine no. is also on the leg ,gambox and blower drive case....unless maeght made a comprehensive account of the front axle no.,the rear axle no.,the gearbox no.,and the frame no. on the rear x-member [none of which are related to the chassis no.] as the factory recorded only the engine no. and corresponding "chassis no."..i use "..." because the 4 digit 4944 was actually the deliverey no. assigned as cars were sold,regardless of engine no.]

so aside from a small plate and a lower crankcase i figure that at least six cars could have been built and authenticated with a full history by now...who knows ? maybe more!! :wave: