Photo

Tyrrell Videos

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 delaner

delaner

• 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 00:20

Just noticed that the team tyrrell page has posted a couple of in-car videos from the year. Pity, only a couple, it seems they want us to keep coming back to see more.

For now it's Monaco and Brno in 001 and Goodwood in 006.

http://www.TeamTyrrell.com/downloads/

The note at the bottom says that they'll be posting Monza next month...

Advertisement

#2 philippe7

philippe7

• 2,849 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:33

Hey Ryan ! Nice to see you around again.

Just downloaded the "medium" version and enjoyed them , but I think they deserve the "high" quality, I'll get down to that later

Great to see in car videos where the driver actually takes his right hand off the wheel to change gears ! :D

When is your 2005 schedule going to be made public ?

.....and by the way .......why don't you say "we" instead of "they" when you mention Classic Team Tyrrell ? ;)

#3 delaner

delaner

• 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 17:15

AWWW you blew my cover! :wave:

I was trying to not make it seem like an advertisement. Of course, I'm not sure why I'm trying to not make it seem like an advertisement, it's not like we're making money by posting them. :)

But anyway, my video maker program automatically makes three video quality levels, and I've posted them just as they came off the player. If you look, the "high"s are often multiple megabites, I figure about as long as anyone would want to wait. If you think it'd be better, I'll see about an "ultra-high" custom setting. :up:

If it was the lap of Monaco, perhaps the oil in the camera window on the right is what made it seem like lower quality? That part was ugly, but that was a COOL lap, passing the BRM and catching the Italian guy's P34?!

No, JD has to take his hands off the wheel to shift, as you observe. But he certainly thrashes that poor wheel around, doesn't he! Somehow, against all of the laws of physics, it seems to work...  ;)

We'll have photos up on the site from the FIA Gala soon, mehopes... :cool:

#4 philippe7

philippe7

• 2,849 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 17:28

Originally posted by delaner
No, JD has to take his hands off the wheel to shift, as you observe. But he certainly thrashes that poor wheel around, doesn't he

There was certainly no offence or even irony intended in my observation, it was purely meant to stress the difference between "then" and "now" , since today the F1 drivers hardly ever take their hands off the wheel since the gears are finger controlled .

So that's oil on the lense in the Monaco video is it ? Hardly surprising, following a BRM ;) .......I was actually impressed by the Goodwood video, didn't realise this hill was so long / fast .

#5 delaner

delaner

• 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 17:45

No offense taken, but if I have a chance to jibe my father for his arm throwing, I'll take it!

#6 delaner

delaner

• 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 17:59

free Tyrrell t-shirt for whomever can name all of the cars and drivers of the cars JD passes/catches up to in this video. If you're British, I'll be oveer soon enough to give it to you if we can meet up at a race meet... If you're american, I can probably drop it in the mail to you...

hint: there are four... :p