Photo

Monza - Which of these two is best??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Linus27

Linus27

• 4,895 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 22:12

Looks like I am now going to Monza for the GP. What is the best place to sit, grandstand 8 which is the first chicane or at the entry to Parabolica????

Many thanks for the help

Advertisement

#2 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,045 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 22:54

Ascari can be cool as you see them coming out from under the over pass.

Sorry.
Jp

#3 modena

modena

• 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:58

The first Chicane. If you buy seats there you can still move around the track for the practice sessions but most of the racing happens there.

Went to monza in 98 - there is nothing else like it . . . .

#4 Pinchevsky Moshe

Pinchevsky Moshe

• 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:04

I sat at the first chicane in 94 and saw the famous start accident, but I can tell you that when I go back to Monza, I will sit either at the entry to the Parabolica or at the Ascari Chicane. As a rule I prefer sitting near fast corners because only there you can really see and feel what is so special about these cars.

If you go for the Parabolica (and I think it's the best place) make sure you are at the last grandstand (the one with the roof). A friend of mine sat just 50 - 70 meters before it and could not see the corner or the entry to it. The cars barely break for Parabolica these days so you need to be really close to the corner to see the special stuff. I actually think that the Parabolica today is one of the best corners in the world. Ascari is very good as far as chicanes go because it is more of a tight esses than a true chicane, but I would go for the Parabolica.

#5 SpanishTears2005

SpanishTears2005

• 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:52

:clap: First Chicane is always the best place to sit. GO FERRARI IN ITALY!!! :clap:

:smoking:***Im not mad,Im just clinically insane **** :smoking: