Photo

Nurburgring

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deep

deep

• 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 23:02

Perhaps I will be able to go to Germany for the first time and in this connection I'd like to know is it still possible to get to Nurburgring (old 20 km version) to drive there few laps with own car? I've read that they let have to do it, could anyone explain me something about it? If you have experience please share how was it like? Thanks.

Advertisement

#2 gerhard

gerhard

• 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 23:15

Yes, you can still drive the famous Nurburgring Nordschleife. It is the greatest!
Drive yourself or be driven with the Ring Taxi by a race driver in a race prepared M5 or Viper.

Check on their website (http://www.nuerburgring.de/) when the track is open, as it is often reserved by Clubs and by car companies.

#3 Pinchevsky Moshe

Pinchevsky Moshe

• 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:06

The BIG question is will the track be open on Monday or Tuesday after the GP...

#4 racing_lines

racing_lines

• 89 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 15:57

To all of the above questions... other than on the actual days of the weekend when the grand prix track is in use, the answer is yes you can get onto the Nordschleiffe... (this is because you cut through the old pits to get onto the old track...)

Hold onto your nuts! It is awesome... ooh and a small tip. When you're tackling the short sweeping section leading into Carroussel (the big one not the mini one) you'll see one tree just peeking out above all the rest... aim for it and keep your foot down. You'll be able to straight line the esses and it will pull you perfectly into the camber of the carroussell... then let the car do the rest and emerge with the final square of concrete directly between your front wheels.

:stoned: there are few things on earth more exhilarating than nailing that corner... you will love it!