Atlas Allrounders 2005 schedule and rules/ Melbourne guesses
Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:30
The provisional Calendar of events to guess in 2005 is..
1. Mar 6th Melbourne (Aus) - Formula One World Championship
2. Mar 19th Sebring (USA) - American Le Mans Series (bonus points for class winners)
3. Apr 10th Long Beach (USA) - Champ Car World Series
4. Apr 23rd Imola (Ita) - GP2
5. May 8th Pau (Fra) - Formula 3 Euroseries
6. May 22nd Monaco (MC) - Formula One World Championship
7. May 29th Indianapolis 500 (USA) - Indy Racing League
8. Jun 5th Valencia (Esp) - World Series by Renault
9. Jun 18/19 Le Mans (Fra) - Le Mans 24hrs (bonus points for class winners)
10. Jun 25th Assen (NL) - MotoGP - 250 -125 (yes all three ;))
11. Jul 10th Monza (Ita) - Le Mans Endurance Series (bonus points for class winners)
12. Jul 17th Norisring (D) - Deutschen Tourenwagen Masters - (DTM)
13. Jul 30-31st Spa Francorchamps (Bel) - FIA GT Championship (Spa 24hrs) (bonus points for class winners)
14. Aug 7th Indianapolis (USA) - NASCAR (Brickyard 400)
15. Aug 27th Mid Ohio (USA) - Grand Am - EMCO Gears Classic apparently (bonus points for class winners)
16. Sep 4th Assen (NL) World Superbike Championship - race 2 result.
17. Sep 16th-18th Wales (GB) - World Rally Championship (RallyGB)
18. Sep 25th Brands Hatch (GB) - A1GP
19. Oct 9th Bathurst (Aus) - Australian V8 Supercar Championship
and so we all finish completely lost and at the same time as the GP season, so i can beg mak to include this in the supercup....
20 Oct 16th Autopolis (J) - Japanese Super GT championship (heh it was nearly the tour of mull rally...)
Firstly scoring, this year it will be top 8 in each event not top 6 and the scoring shall follow the F1 style 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 as in 10 for getting a driver/rider spot on in the results order 8 for one away 6 for two away etc. The competitor you select has to finish in the top 8 in order for the points to count harsh if the guy you picked for 8th ends up ninth, but hey that happened to me 4 times in GtWRC last year...
On the Sportscars rounds you will be asked to pick the top 3 in each class these will be assessed on a 5-3-1 basis 5 for spot on 3 for 1 away etc. On the Rally GB you will be asked for the top 3 in F2 or the production cup I don't actually know which atm, sorry, with same scoring.
Secondly timing of entries, probably all the events will either start on Saturday or Sunday with practice or some such on Friday therefore a blanket Thursday midnight GMT deadline will be set - the exception may be the rally round there the deadline will be the start of the first stage. I am aware this deadline means you will know the grid at Indy and some practice times for LeMans etc but it seems best. Sorry but this year it is non flexable.
Thirdly results, Will be as they stand at midnight GMT on the evening of the race/rally. (unless its rain delayed obviously). Future protests and DQ's will not be taken into account. Mainly so I don't have to change the results a month after the whole competition has ended.
I will have the thread for each event up at least a week beforehand and it will be clearly titled with Atlas allrounders and the race name - guesses. Results for each event will be posted in the guesses thread by the monday night after the race, mainly to try and keep the number of threads down a bit on this forum. This is something I would suggest to other game runners too, a one thread per event per game or do what Marcel does and open the next round in a results thread for the prievious. (I can't do this as some of the races will be very tight on timing) With 19 GP's this year and probably 10-15 games by doing this we should be able to keep all the current games on page 1- more or less anyway.
OK so for Melbourne post your guesses for the top 8 in the opening GP below - preferably in the format
But I'll accept pretty much anything to be honest as long as I can tell the order.
Any comments on the above please post them below (with your guess ;))
Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:41
Thanks for running it once more, just my $ 0,02 worth.
Don't drop F3, the Pau Grand Prix is part of the Euro F3 series, and is a true racing classic, that was before the FIA made the Monaco support race a F3000 event, were really the F2 "worldchampionship".
Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:54
The Monaco support race is once more run by F3. So that is now once more the "World Championship", but as it is a support race to F1 you may not want to include it??
Posted 22 February 2005 - 18:40
Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:00