Photo

One of our members...?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ruairidh

Ruairidh

• 1,074 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 21:36

Saw this (I know I shouldn't admit to reading Ths Sun but..... :blush: )

Anyone we know?

http://www.thesun.co...5072862,00.html

Advertisement

#2 Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor

• 1,312 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 21:43

Yeah, it made the front page of the newspaper, believe it or not :eek:

#3 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 21:51

Bah! A Grand Prix in a car park! Who ever heard of anything so stupid?!?!

As if that's ever going to happen! :rotfl:

Hang on. . . . .

#4 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 22:15

Yerrrs. It was on the front page of the York Evening Press earlier this week. I'll see if anyone at work has a copy, I don't buy it myself.

Bloody Schufosi.;)

#5 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 22:40

I had the misfortune of hearing this looney interviewed on Radio 5 Live this evening.

He said he had spent years 'perfecting' his Formula 1 sound... sadly, the interviewer asked him to do it..... and it sounded just like a Formula 1 car.... from about 1954.

Is it me??????

#6 SpanishTears2005

SpanishTears2005

• 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:45

Originally posted by Ruairidh
Saw this (I know I shouldn't admit to reading Ths Sun but..... :blush: )

Anyone we know?

http://www.thesun.co...5072862,00.html

:rotfl: :rotfl: Thats the TIFOSI for you !! :rotfl: :rotfl:
:clap: And here I was thinking I was a mad Ferrari fan..but this gut obviously really takes the cake :rotfl: :rotfl:

:love: ** A Greater Love No Fan Have ** :love:

#7 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,120 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:56

Originally posted by Barry Boor
I had the misfortune of hearing this looney interviewed on Radio 5 Live this evening.

He said he had spent years 'perfecting' his Formula 1 sound... sadly, the interviewer asked him to do it..... and it sounded just like a Formula 1 car.... from about 1954.

Is it me??????

Barry I heard it too, sounds like someone farting I thought... I guess its our won fault for listening to this awful 'PC' radio station, TalkSport much better.

#8 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 16:20

TalkSport much better.

Would that I could get it stuck up here in the wilds..... :(

#9 Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor

• 1,312 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 17:12

Originally posted by Mallory Dan

Barry I heard it too, sounds like someone farting I thought... I guess its our won fault for listening to this awful 'PC' radio station, TalkSport much better.

The James Whale Show is the only thing worth listening to on that radio station - everything else is football football football :rolleyes: :mad:

#10 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 17:18

Originally posted by Paul Taylor

The James Whale Show is the only thing worth listening to on that radio station - everything else is football football football :rolleyes: :mad:

Is Mike Dickin still on there? He's very much a petrolhead, certainly used to race (I think Atlantics back in the 70s).

#11 SpanishTears2005

SpanishTears2005

• 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:58

:( Too True.......God I hate football. Give me a good car race anyday....they are much more enjoyable!!

#12 JohnS

JohnS

• 295 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 14:27

I guess its our won fault for listening to this awful 'PC' radio station, TalkSport much better.

What on earth is "PC" about Radio 5? I find it pretty entertaining.

As for Talk Sport, it's a real mixed bag. Some of the presenters are awful, like listening to an audio version of the Daily Mail, but on the other hand they did have excellent ball-by-ball coverage of the recent England cricket tour of South Africa.

John

#13 Eric McLoughlin

Eric McLoughlin

• 1,623 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 14:42

I happen to like Radio 5 as well!

I heard his F1 car impression too. It was quite correct that he was arrested - but the charge was wrong, it should have been for "Impersonating a Formula 1 Car - Badly".

#14 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 15:11

Add another :up: for 5 Live from me too. But then, as I said earlier, I don't have a lot of sporting options....

#15 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,120 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 13:28

Originally posted by petefenelon

Is Mike Dickin still on there? He's very much a petrolhead, certainly used to race (I think Atlantics back in the 70s).

Mike D seems to have disappeared recently, don't know why. I knew he was a racer many years ago, but can't remember him myself. Unless he was the chap who had an Elden mk10 FF in the late 70s. I recall he came from Old Colwyn, and used this quite aged car pretty well for a number of years. From memory he was 'Michael Dicken', so whether he was/is Mike D from TalkSport I'm not sure. Anyone else know ???

I like Talk for the same reasons I like TNF, which, to me at least, is commonsense entertaining chat on a variety of subjects, mainly but not exclusively sport related. I find 5 Live far too 'prissy' and too keen not to offend anyone I'm afraid, and too many wimmin presenters...

#16 Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor

• 1,312 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 17:33

Mike Dickin is a late night presenter now. I think he used to be on earlier in the day, but I never listened during the day, so I really don't know much about that.

Mike Mendoza, James Whale and Charlie Wolf are all good presenters as well, and do the late night chat shows, and I don't listen to any of the others, because they all talk about football.

#17 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,508 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 19:50

I like Talk for the same reasons I like TNF, which, to me at least, is commonsense entertaining chat on a variety of subjects, mainly but not exclusively sport related. I find 5 Live far too 'prissy' and too keen not to offend anyone I'm afraid, and too many wimmin presenters...

Does that mean we won't be listening to the Archers' Omnibus on Sunday?

#18 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 22:33

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#19 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,120 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 16:25

Originally posted by Roger Clark

Does that mean we won't be listening to the Archers' Omnibus on Sunday?

No we won't Roger, we'll have T/S, footy 'fone-ins I hope all the way down !! Is the Archers on 5Live ??

Advertisement

#20 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 17:11

My vote is for no radio! It kills the art of constipation!

We can talk about football ourselves and even, dare I say it, motor racing!!!!!

#21 Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor

• 1,312 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 14:52

Got some bad news guys. Mike Dickin was killed in a car crash near his home in Cornwall two days ago... :(

Originally posted by petefenelon

Mike D seems to have disappeared recently, don't know why. I knew he was a racer many years ago, but can't remember him myself. Unless he was the chap who had an Elden mk10 FF in the late 70s. I recall he came from Old Colwyn, and used this quite aged car pretty well for a number of years. From memory he was 'Michael Dicken', so whether he was/is Mike D from TalkSport I'm not sure. Anyone else know ???

#22 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,863 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 18:20

There was an obituary for Mike Dickin in today's "Independent".

http://news.independ...icle2134887.ece