Photo

USAC, CART and Champ Car history

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1 Herbert

Herbert

• 354 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 11:40

I#m looking for some information about Dale Coynes self-built ChampCar with which he competed in 1985. I'm also looking for some pictures of the car.

Advertisement

#2 Rainer Nyberg

Rainer Nyberg

• 1,768 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:26

I have never previously heard of any such car. The Dale Coyne website states that the DC-1 was ran during '86.

I know nothing more...
But maybe somebody can fill out the blanks.

#3 Herbert

Herbert

• 354 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:25

Sorry, my mistake!
I meant the 1986 car!!! I should be more carefull with what I'm writing.

#4 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 16:17

Something tells me it was based on the Lola t-800 he had been running previously. I beleive when he eventually ditched the chevy v8's he claimed they had become anchors for his boat!

#5 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 15:25

Sorry, just the statistics:

Apr 6, Phoenix: DNS, too slow
Apr 13, Long Beach: 23rd, fire, 5 of 95 laps
Jun 15, Portland: 21st, engine, 3 of 104 laps
Jun 29, Meadowlands: DNS, too slow
Jul 6, Cleveland: 12th, half shaft, 63 of 88 laps
Jul 20, Toronto: DNS, too slow
Aug 2, Michigan: DNS, too slow
Aug 17, Pocono: 26th, engine, 5 of 200 laps
Aug 31, Mid-Ohio: 23rd, rear wing, 18 of 84 laps
Sep 7, Montréal: 12th, flagged, 193 of 225 laps
Sep 28, Michigan: DNS, too slow
Oct 4, Road America: 17th, flagged, 42 of 50 laps
Oct 12, Laguna Seca: DNS, ?
Oct 19, Phoenix: DNS, too slow
Nov 9, Miami: 25th, withdrawn (handling), 14 of 112 laps

#6 theunions

theunions

• 638 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 17:00

Originally posted by fines
Sep 7, Montréal: 12th, flagged, 193 of 225 laps

You mean Sanair (St. Pie), right?

#7 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 17:15

Originally posted by theunions

You mean Sanair (St. Pie), right?

Yes. I was going by race names, so for Phoenix read Cashion, for Meadowlands East Rutherford, for Michigan Brooklyn, for Pocono Long Pond, for Mid-Ohio Lexington, for Road America Elkhart Lake, for Laguna Seca Monterey, and for Montréal Saint Pie indeed.

#8 theunions

theunions

• 638 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:35

I KNOW I have a shot of it in a magazine somewhere...but from memory it was a graphically bland yellow car with little or no sponsorship, some blue/red/possibly brown stripes and #19 in black serif numerals instead of Coyne's traditional Helvetica.

#9 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:01

And based on a t-800 Lola? If so we have the Art Merzario of CART !

#10 Rob G

Rob G

• 11,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 15:56

Originally posted by ghinzani
And based on a t-800 Lola? If so we have the Art Merzario of CART !

Except that Dale is three times Arturo's size. :lol:

#11 Herbert

Herbert

• 354 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 21:56

I just read in the CART-Yearbook of 1988 that a team called GF Racing tried to qualify with a March 85C for some races. It was managed by Calos Franca and the drivers were some guys called Giupponi Franca and Jose Carlos Romano. I've never heard of that team or the drivers. So what is the story behind it?

#12 Amazin

Amazin

• 80 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 13:01

They're Brazilians, I can't quite remember the story.

#13 Herbert

Herbert

• 354 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 14:21

Anyone who has more information? Which races did the team enter?

#14 Mischa Bijenhof

Mischa Bijenhof

• 306 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 15:26

"GF Racing is a partnership between Carlos Franca and Chris Berube. Carlos, originally from Brazil, is a Vehicle Concept Manager at General Motors who also runs a Formula Continental and Formula Atlantic with the SCCA. With a long history of motorsports involvement stretching back to the 1970s, he has raced everything from go-carts to Formula Atlantic cars. Carlos purchased the No. 50 car new from a Saturn retailer in 1994 and drove it as his streetcar prior to its conversion to a race car. Carlos and Chris will be sharing in the car's development. "

source: http://www.rockauto....wsletter/03.htm

no info on the drivers though...

#15 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,701 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 22:54

Had a look in the Phil Harms data at Motorsport.com but could not find any reference to this team in 1988, or its drivers at all. :confused:

#16 Pete Stanley

Pete Stanley

• 486 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:36

Herbert, have you tried TrackForum's Nostalgia forum? Someone over there might know.

#17 Pikachu Racing

Pikachu Racing

• 5,478 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 06:12

There are few CART drivers I have no idea on their past and what are they doing now at this moment. These drivers were from early 90s. Anyone help figure "where did he come from" and "where is he now" category?

Tony De Tommaso - qualified 92 Laguna Seca

Franco Scapini - qualified at 91 Surfer's Paradise

Nicola Marozzo - qualified 3 races out of 5 in 91 and 92

Brian Bonner - first time I heard him when he qualified Indy and wrecking during the race. He did race few times in the series.

Vinicio Salmi - qualified in 5 races. My memory of him spinning at Toronto in the no. 42 car.

Jay Hill - biggest "Who?" Appeared once at 92 Detroit in no. 28 Coke car. Other than the leaders of Tracy, Andretti, Rahal, he got probably got more airtime on TV for being slow. His Coke car appear on the screen in glimpses from lapping or going into the corner.

#18 David Hyland

David Hyland

• 289 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 06:31

According to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?, Brian Bonner is "Still racing, albeit sporadically, in stock & midget cars".

#19 e34fanatic

e34fanatic

• 182 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:20

How about Tero Palmroth from Finland? He`s last start was in Laguna Seca 1992. He qualified for four Indy500 races between 1989-1992. Otherwise he raced sporadically and did not achieve very much.

Advertisement

#20 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,701 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:05

Scapini was a perennial DNQer in late 1980s F3000, although I seem to remember him at the Birmingham Superprix starting way behind everyone else for some reason. He was officially named as the Life test driver, which sounds to me like money for nothing. Think he still does sports cars.

What did Hideshi Matsuda do other than Indy?

#21 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,118 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:30

Originally posted by ensign14
Scapini was a perennial DNQer in late 1980s F3000, although I seem to remember him at the Birmingham Superprix starting way behind everyone else for some reason. He was officially named as the Life test driver, which sounds to me like money for nothing. Think he still does sports cars.

What did Hideshi Matsuda do other than Indy?

Nico Marozzo shared the wonderful Jean-Pierre Frey's Lancia LC2 Group C1 car in 1988 on occasin. From memory he was even slower than JPF, so I guess he must have paid well for his ride...

#22 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,701 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 13:06

Frey also had a CART one-off for Euromotorsports which ended in tears and a case where Frey unsuccessfully sued Antonio 'Not Enzo' Ferrari - he had waited too long...

Looking at Frey's F3000 efforts, I get the feeling that I could have jogged around quicker. Maybe I am being unfair, I guess a team called Dollop cannot have been that brillo.

#23 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,118 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 13:14

Ensign, agreed re JPF, what the heck did "Dollop" mean, or translate from ?

Speaking of such do you remember Dominique Delestre, back marker for a while in 3000, then suddenly had 2 3rd places at the end of the 88 season, against a v good field. What 'tweaks' did he have on the car all of a sudden I wonder...

#24 Gert

Gert

• 209 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 13:54

May I add Hubert Stromberger, who raced at Elkhart Lake in 1995?
That was his only start.

I' had never heard of him before, and never heard again of him, afterwards.

#25 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 14:04

Ian Ashley did a (or a couple) of CART races towards the end of the 80s; I was surprised to see him at Miami in '87 (or '88) when I was there with Tommy. Rupert Keegan did a couple around that time too, IIRC.

And while on the subject, another of my buddies was entered by a total of four (might have been five, actually) CART teams during '84. Can anyone guess who that was?

Twinny

#26 2F-001

2F-001

• 4,237 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 14:34

A touch off-thread, but...
I always remember Delestre as more of a journeyman (however short a journey) than a perrenial backmarker but perhaps my memory is being selective.
Didn't he end up co-running a fairly successful team? I forget which one.

I gather he came from the town of Nancy, because the press (in the UK) regularly referred to him as "Nancy-boy DominiqueDalestre". Whether they were trying to 'out' some personal predelictions they had unearthed or it was just a silly joke, it seemed a bit cheap to me at the time.

My chief memory of seeing him race comes from Silverstone, a mid-eighties F3000 race (International Trophy meeting?) run in terribly wet conditions. We were sitting high up in the startline/exit of Woodcote stands, actually above most of the spray which obscured almost everything. I sat dumbstruck as he powered out of Woodcote, (keeping over to the left as a squabbling bunch came through lapping him on the inside), into a wall of spray from the preceding cars having just seconds before seen Thierry Tassin coasting slowly through on the racing line, evidently looking for a spot to pull off before his car came to a halt. Next, there was loads of fibreglass and a wheel or three flying high into the air. I believe both were injured.

I heard a report, later, that at the point of impact Tassin, anxious to bale out of his dead car as soon as poss was standing up on the seat, bending down to steer with one hand - still on the racing line - so that he could jump out as soon as the car was on the grass up towards the bridge.Although it must be pretty scary to be sitting in a dead car, on the track, but hidden in spray, it seems such a bizarre act for someone that experienced I am reluctant to relate this as anything other than hearsay.

I do recall that the race, having already been stopped in its opening laps and restarted as a two-parter, was stopped again and not restarted. It looked terrible but I don't either were too badly hurt.

#27 Jeremy Jackson

Jeremy Jackson

• 479 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 14:44

Yeah, that was the 1986 International Trophy - I was in that grandstand too, but a little bit lower down than you!

I actually left after that accident, as I pretty well assumed a fatal injury, and so I was convinced there wouldn't be a re-start...

I heard more or less the same thing, that Tassin was halfway out of the cockpit awaiting his opportunity to bale out. Seemed so unlikely that someone's of Tassin's experience would do something like that...

#28 Disco Stu

Disco Stu

• 196 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 15:07

Originally posted by Pikachu Racing
Jay Hill - biggest "Who?" Appeared once at 92 Detroit in no. 28 Coke car. Other than the leaders of Tracy, Andretti, Rahal, he got probably got more airtime on TV for being slow. His Coke car appear on the screen in glimpses from lapping or going into the corner.

I had the same question when I was there for practice, fortunately I got an answer! At the time I was racing a lot at Waterford Hills, near Detroit, and a lot of the workers for the Detroit Grand Prix were also Waterford workers. When I asked my dad aloud who the heck Jay Hill was, one of the workers I knew wandered over and gave me the details. Hill had gotten his start racing Sports 2000 cars at Waterford. From there he went on to the North American Pro Series, which was a low-level pro series for S2000 cars, where he won the championship one year. I don't believe he ran anything other than that. Not sure if they had the bigger Olds engines in the cars when he ran, but even if they did it's still a huge jump from that to a Champ Car. The Coke sponsorship came from the family, they owned a bottling plant. "Poor little rich kid" was the phrase the worker used to describe him. So he took that money, went to TEAMKAR, which was a really, really, really bad team, and got out there for his home race. Dog slow, but at least he was out there I guess.

Brian Bonner raced in IMSA Camel Lights, the step below the GTP cars. Pretty good driver, though not great. Wasn't in the same class as Parker Johnstone who dominated.

Don't know what Hideshi Matsuda ran before he came over, but I do remember that he came to Indy as an announcer or pit reporter for Japanese TV, then came back the next year as a driver.

#29 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 17:07

Originally posted by Twin Window
Ian Ashley did a (or a couple) of CART races towards the end of the 80s; I was surprised to see him at Miami in '87 (or '88) when I was there with Tommy. Rupert Keegan did a couple around that time too, IIRC.

And while on the subject, another of my buddies was entered by a total of four (might have been five, actually) CART teams during '84. Can anyone guess who that was?

Twinny

Kenny Acheson? if so tell us about the team with the new lola for indy that turned out to be an 81 eagle.

If not how about Michael Roe?

#30 theunions

theunions

• 638 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 17:07

I'm guessing this is a Brit who made no other CART appearances outside this season...Acheson (even though he only made one start at the Meadowlands)???

And is Frey still in prison?

#31 theunions

theunions

• 638 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 17:08

Roe didn't show up until the following year.

#32 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 17:09

Kenny Acheson? if so tell us about the team with the new lola for indy that turned out to be an 81 eagle.

Or Thackwell?

#33 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,430 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 17:09

Franco Scapini, Vinicio Salmi, Nicola Marozzo and Tony De Tommaso drove in Italian F. 3 Championship in the 80s, not good results... :rolleyes: perhaps Scapini and Salmi some 1 or 2 points...
Scapini and Salmi also in European F. 3 Championship.

De Tommaso drove absolutely in Italian F. 2000 Championship only (a sort of national F. 3 - B).

Scapini and Marozzo now are instructors in some school-of-driving. :confused:

I remember Nicola Marozzo from Calabria, driving in 1986 a Dallara for Forti-Corse team (great Team, do you remember the Forti F. 1? ;) ); before his adventure in America he drove also in some Italian rally.

I don't know any other news...
:)

#34 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 17:16

Originally posted by Mallory Dan
Ensign, agreed re JPF, what the heck did "Dollop" mean, or translate from ?

Speaking of such do you remember Dominique Delestre, back marker for a while in 3000, then suddenly had 2 3rd places at the end of the 88 season, against a v good field. What 'tweaks' did he have on the car all of a sudden I wonder...

Dollop were a construction firm I heard.

#35 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 18:34

Kenny Acheson?

I'm guessing this is a Brit who made no other CART appearances outside this season...Acheson

Correct, you two!

... if so, tell us about the team with the new lola for indy that turned out to be an 81 eagle.

I'd been on a whistle stop US tour, involving almost a state per day, for about three weeks ending up in Long Beach. It was a 'mates' visit really (but GPI had just started covering CART, so I could justify it!). Tommy was in the SVee race, and I offered KA to share my room when he arrived the next day. I picked him up at LAX, slung his stuff in the room and headed off for a meeting with Bill Hall on the Queen Mary. Amazingly, it was KA's first visit to the US!

Hall seemed an okay sort of bloke, and the meeting went well - or so we thought. KA was to get a new Lola for... actually, I forget now which race it was to be, but it was pre-Indy I'm fairly sure. That weekend we spent a fair bit of time lurking around the Haas pit so he could see as much as possible of Mario's example, and whenever the coast was clear I'd be sent over the wall (as my pass was better than his) to take shots of the inside of the cockpit in order for KA to accostomise himself with his forthcoming 'office'.

Aside from that, we had some riotous times off-track with Tommy, Willy T, Mike Rosen and others (Arie came out with us one night, I think). Willy T hadn't met Tommy before, and said to me in a quiet moment out of his earshot that he'd never been upstaged like that before! Oh, and on the Sunday I was in the loo in the hotel in the middle of the track when Willy T staggered in, covered in dirt and his treasured specially tailored Bud Racing jacket torn to bits. He'd just had a fight in the pit lane...! Racing-wise, it should have been with his big Trans Am rival Scott Pruett ("I'll hate that guy for as long as his asshole points downwards") but it wasn't; it was with some marshals!

Yikes, I get easily sidetracked...

Anyhow, the Lola wasn't ready for [whenever] and so I booked up to be at the Indy 500 with KA for the last ten days. Only when they arrived, they had - like Ghinza says - an '81 Eagle and not the promised Lola...

KA was so shocked, he told me that couldn't get angry straight away. The Eagle arrived with one mechanic, who was not only charged with the mechanical preparation the car but also with putting the number on it. Painted number. And in pink... So, KA flatly refused to sit in it never mind drive it; a couple of other blokes had a go but couldn't get it over 185ish. When I arrived for the last ten days, the car was sitting in a penned-off area where you could have your photo taken in it for a buck! Mind you, KA had to change his opinions of pink on racing cars come Meadowlands...

Emerson Fittipaldi quit the Pepe Romero's WIT team before the New York round, and KA got the drive - in their pink and purple March! Emerson had gone to team running a red March (I can't remember who they were now!) and then he moved on again (to Patrick was it?) and KA replaced him again with the red March chaps. Then, at Laguna (?) KA subbed in the Skoal Bandit car (for Fabi?) but shunted it in practice IMMSMC. The rest of the season was spent talking to all the other outfits resulting in him hooking up with VDS. He spent three months in a hotel room in Texas waiting for something to happen, but nothing did. Until they went bust, that is.

As for Hall Racing, IIRC the Lola did finally arrive and went straight to Sheirsons for Danny Sullivan.

Twinny :) :up:

#36 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 18:47

Thanks Twinny, this is why I love Atlas - that Eagle 81 has been botherin me for ages!! dont spose u recall if it had a chev or a dfx? Also anyone recall the other sould who tried it at Indy? Did Bill Hall go on to ruin, Im sorry run other cars?

Mike Rosen - he wasnt the rich kid who died of an overdose or something? One of the SVEE guys has a foundation set up by his mother for drug addicts or something, remember coming across the site by accident once.

#37 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 18:53

I think it was a Chev, but please don't go by me.

Mike had only just got out of some rehab place, and was staying in the penthouse of that hotel in the middle of the track. They had a party in the week before the race, and all Mike did was pester people to help him score some 'Charlie'... During that time, I discovered that Sheena Easton was sunbathing on the roof above us, so I was also pestering folk - for an intro!

Twinny :)

#38 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 18:57

Ian Ashley!!

We had lunch a number of years ago while he was working out of Teterboro airport in New Jersey.
We talked about the SCCA F440 cars, as we had both driven for the same entrant and had some of the same comments about the cars.

Those F440 cars drove me straight back to my beloved Vees!

......but frankly, I would have raced anything with wheels to have kept going!!

#39 fullcourseyellow

fullcourseyellow

• 835 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 19:39

Talking about obscure Italians... How about Guido Dacco? Who on earth is he?

I also seem to remember someone called Jeff Wood. Any news? :confused:

Advertisement

#40 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 19:57

I met Guido at the Meadowlands GP, he seemed like a nice guy, but i don't know anything about his past racing or what he might be doing now.

Jeff Wood, one of the original Formula Atlantic drivers and very tallented. He got into CART a little late in his carreer and really didn't have the backing to go very far!! Had the IRL been around then, he would have had a far easier time!

#41 theunions

theunions

• 638 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 20:00

Originally posted by fullcourseyellow
I also seem to remember someone called Jeff Wood. Any news? :confused:

From 1991 CART Media Guide: native of Wichita, KS; extensive F. Atlantic experience 1976-80 including 6 wins and 1977 rookie title, then champion in 1985 (Pacific); drove for Carl Haas in Can-Am in '81; ran Daytona 24 and Le Mans in '92.

Whatever happened to him?

Even better question - John Wood? Dabbled in CART in 1980 - is he the same John Wood who raced the NTW-sponsored IMSA prototypes later for Tom Milner?

#42 theunions

theunions

• 638 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 20:06

Emerson Fittipaldi quit the Pepe Romero's WIT team before the New York round, and KA got the drive - in their pink and purple March! Emerson had gone to team running a red March (I can't remember who they were now!) and then he moved on again (to Patrick was it?) and KA replaced him again with the red March chaps.

I don't recall anything about Emmo in a red March - the only car I'm aware of between the WIT and Patrick stints was the green #82 California Cooler H&R Racing March, and that was also just at the Meadowlands before Gary Bettenhausen returned to the cockpit at Michigan.

#43 biercemountain

biercemountain

• 1,014 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 20:28

Who the heck was Ardt Meyer(sp?)

He was a backmarker during the Zanardi/Target days.

He was constantly getting overtaken by just about everyone on the grid.

#44 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 21:09

I don't recall anything about Emmo in a red March - the only car I'm aware of between the WIT and Patrick stints was the green #82 California Cooler H&R Racing March, and that was also just at the Meadowlands before Gary Bettenhausen returned to the cockpit at Michigan.

Looks as though I meant green, and as soon as I read California Cooler it rang a bell! But you don't think he drove it? Hmm... Perhaps he went as stand-by fory Gary B? It's funny, but the joke at the time was that he was following Emerson through the field...

Twinny

#45 Jeremy Jackson

Jeremy Jackson

• 479 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 21:22

Originally posted by biercemountain
Who the heck was Ardt Meyer(sp?)

He was a backmarker during the Zanardi/Target days.

He was constantly getting overtaken by just about everyone on the grid.

Arnd Meier.

Can't tell you how he came to CART, but did a couple of years in 97/98. He went back to Germany, drove an Audi in Super Touring, and also had a one -off F3000 (DNQ, perhaps unsurprisingly) in 99.

#46 Rob Ryder

Rob Ryder

• 2,602 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 21:38

Originally posted by fullcourseyellow
Talking about obscure Italians... How about Guido Dacco? Who on earth is he?

Guido has been around for a long time, and raced anything and everything, admittedly with limited success....

1974 - 1979 F3 European & Italian Championships
1980 - 1984 F2 European & Japanese Championships
1986 - 1987 F3000
1987 - 1988 Indy Lights
1989 - 1992 CART Championship
1996 BPR GT Championship
1996 - 1999 Italian GT/Sportscar Championship

...as well as...

1982 World Sportscar Championship in a Lancia Beta Montecarlo
1983 World Sportscar Championship in an Alba AR2
1984 Le Mans in an Alba AR2
1987 - 1988 IMSA Lights Championship Alba AR6 & Tiga GT286

Obscure? :confused: :rolleyes:
Rob

#47 conjohn

conjohn

• 487 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 03:42

Looks as though I meant green, and as soon as I read California Cooler it rang a bell! But you don't think he drove it? Hmm... Perhaps he went as stand-by fory Gary B? It's funny, but the joke at the time was that he was following Emerson through the field...

Twinny

Phil Harms, at motorsport.com, has Ken Atchinson (!!) and Gary Bettenhausen not qualifying the #82 California Cooler March 84C Cosworth at the Provimi Veal 200 at Elkhart Lake, 1984.

#48 T54

T54

• 2,504 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:03

Boy, you people aren't too kind, eh? :| better not let you carry a crossbow when going to the races. You would have been great spectating in the Coliseum... a lion here, a Christian there...

T54 :rotfl:

#49 Pikachu Racing

Pikachu Racing

• 5,478 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:10

Here's few guys in the mid-90s

Fredrik Ekblom
Franck Freon
Carlos Guerrero - even Richie have nothing on him

#50 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:53

Originally posted by conjohn

Phil Harms, at motorsport.com, has Ken Atchinson (!!) and Gary Bettenhausen not qualifying the #82 California Cooler March 84C Cosworth at the Provimi Veal 200 at Elkhart Lake, 1984.

Thanks for that, conjohn - I was beginning to think I'd lost my marbles!

Twinny :) :up: