Posted 19 March 2005 - 22:04
I have some questions regarding buying tickets for the Monza GP, and would be grateful for the benfit of your collective experience.
1) I wish to buy tickets for a stand. On the basis of cost no object, what would be good suggestions of good locations. Beginning/middle/end of start finish straight, Ascari etc?
2) If buying direct from Monzanet, how long before race are tickets sent out (to be delivered to adderess in UK)
3) Availability of of accommodation nearby on race weekend. Easy to find places when there, or best to book in advance?
Any other thoughts or practical advice appreciated!
Posted 19 March 2005 - 22:35
2. Don't remember exactly when, about a couple of months if I recall. I'm in California.
3. We stayed in Milan. Milan is not the best city to stay in Italy. Doesn't compare to Rome or Venice at all. There are plenty of hotels there. I wouldn't go back though. North of the Track, I hear there are some cool places to stay. We visited a placed called Como (sp?), had some hotels there. Was really nice and scenic. And the trains take you right to Monza. I think Como is about an hour to Monza by train. Milan seemed to be around half an hour if I recall correctly.
Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:33
Would just like to thank you for your comprehensive and informative answers.
Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:13
Posted 25 March 2005 - 18:30
Yup they have two screens there, iirc, i'm pretty sure though.
There are some good GA viewing areas. Seemed like people were camped out at various places around the back side area of the track all weekend. Looked like a real good time. Lots of people watching from up in the trees. I thought that was cool.