Photo

Monza and Spa accomodation info

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:49

Hi, i'm going to these 2 races, where are the best places to stay for these races?? I hear that it's a fair way to travel to get to Spa, and that there's a few nice towns not far from Monza. has anybody been to these races?? If so, any info would be much appreciated!! :up:

Advertisement

#2 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:42

I'm in the same boat, haven't been there, I might use one of the grand prix tour packages, they have some info, you probabley might have seen it already, but

http://www.gptours.c...ace.php/id/5093
Staying in Aachen gives you the best of both worlds. You are relatively close to Spa for the Belgian Grand Prix, yet have the choice of many nice restaurants to visit in the evening, little side walk cafes to enjoy, oh and lots of great shopping. The food in this area rivals the best in Europe and the beer is some of the best in the world.

The Track transfers to Spa very useful.

The weekend of Spa falls close to my birthday, so go and see one of the best tracks in the world, and see MS around there, I'm hopeful to go there, wanted to go last year, but silverstone filled me up, now I can't get enough, this is addicting, also considernig the competition, this could be a memorable season to visit a few.

#3 chrisuofc

chrisuofc

• 163 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:08

I'm a student and I haven't been able to find a summer job, so I'm thinking of taking my giant student credit line and treating myself to a visit to Monza. I saw MS at the '01 USGP (Hakk won), but I'd really like to see him win a race before he retires. I'm thinking seeing him race in a Ferrari in Italy would be pretty sweet whether he won or not. My question is how much it would cost to get half decent accomodation (a room, a bed, private washroom) for the race weekend at a place with reasonable access to transportation, no more than one hour from the track. Any help would be appreciated. :)

#4 Wheels

Wheels

• 242 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 17:00

Milano is really close, less than 30 minutes by train. The train is free going to the race on Sunday and there is almost any price hotel or hostel you could want in Milano.