Photo

For Indyfans: Book on the Roadster era 52-66 out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 12,869 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:44

Twinny, relocate the message if necessary.

I have announced the works on several books that still have to be released. (ehum...)
Now I finally can metntion a book that is available.

"The Roadsters of Indianapolis... Glory days"

written by Bill Enoch and Greg Littleton.

This book contains pictures, made over the years by Bill Enoch (died 2002) during the Roadster years. the book features a pic of about 99% or more of every roadster ever entered at Indy. Each chassis being shown in all its incarnations over the years, a capsule with info about the car during that year is added as well as info about entrant, chief mechanic colors and performances. Littleton also throws in other, less known, obscure details about the cars and the events they participated in.

These are no IMS pictures but pics made by a genuine race fan (Enoch) who focussed on the cars and kept a record of them. No IMS pics, it has it setbacks on occcasion but on the other hand, it give a nice indication of how it was at the time at Indy.

Other that the Fox bibles and the Popely tome, which only have thumbnail or slightly larger picture size of the qualified cars, this is about the only book in existance with pictures of the majority of all roadsters ever at the Speedway, raced, and unraced,

I admit that I am buyest because of my own Indy interests but I felt this book being a very, very worthwile addition to the books that deal with this era and these cars since it doesn't focus on a constructor in particular.

Check out the site www.roadstersofindianapolis.com for more info.

Forgot to mention: there are only 500 copies made.
I hope this info is of help for any fellow member on this board.

Thanks,

Henri Greuter

Advertisement

#2 doc540

doc540

• 259 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 14:21

Thanks for the head's up, Henri. :up:

#3 theunions

theunions

• 638 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 23:53

1. There are a smattering of IMS photos in there, which are credited accordingly.

2. Greg may do a second printing if consumer demand warrants it.