Photo

Please sell me gp2 race videos. dvd preferred.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 squidbreath

squidbreath

• 370 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 16:34

I have posted a notice on craigslist in several countries that have gp2 televison coverage. I am asking for someone to record the race and mail me a copy. I will pay for the whole season. So far no one has responded offering to sell. Instead many people have responded offering to buy. I'm not tryiong to make a profit here. I just want to watch the races - even on a delayed basis. I will pass on the email info for the other potential buyers who have contacted me.

Scott Speed grew up racing at my local go kart track and I'd love to follow his progress.

email jeffreyameyer@yahoo.com.

Advertisement

#2 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 6,385 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 17:05

Originally posted by squidbreath
Scott Speed grew up racing at my local go kart track and I'd love to follow his progress.

email jeffreyameyer@yahoo.com.

Well I wouldn't bother with race two at Imola then - all you see of him is his car disappearing down the pit lane after the parade lap.

#3 squidbreath

squidbreath

• 370 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 17:22

Fine. But the other guys made a nice race of it (or so I hear).

#4 jb_128

jb_128

• 311 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 17:47

you could try this: http://www.f1racingworld.com/

I personally don't go there anymore because of their "FU if you aren't able to upload more than you download" policy.

Suprnova worked fine without any broadband elitist limitations. [/RANT]

#5 fasttrack

fasttrack

• 181 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 20:06

It would be really nice if someone (FIA itself, or Bernie) organized a online archive of old races... There is value in it, of course, but I beleive that an arrangement could possibly be done.

This leads to another thing that is the legal status of broadcast transmissions. IMHO (and IANAL), it is legal to store a copy of anything that is broadcast for your own use; and it seems to be just fair that you share it... after all, it was broadcast in the clear, isn't it? Of course, things are not that simple... but it does make some sense for me.

BTW, How does F1Racing works? Is it torrent-based? I couldn't find any details on the site, as the community seem to be closed for new users (invitation only, it says...).

#6 jb_128

jb_128

• 311 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 20:22

Oh, so they have restricted it even further. What a bunch of tossers. :down:
Yes it is torrent based. Don't know if they really have the GP2 races though.

#7 woftam

woftam

• 1,081 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 22:12

Originally posted by jb_128

They do for Imola :)

#8 Earthling

Earthling

• 3,595 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 22:14

I was surprized that my tv station for F1 was airing the race, and was able to record the 2nd race just befor the F1 GP.
commentary is in Arabic though.

#9 rfus

rfus

• 648 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 22:25

I got both races from there, pretty good stuff. I think the gp2 organisers just need to work out their production problems which really was pretty piss poor compared to the f1.

Oh and go Heikki :)

#10 bluetentacle

bluetentacle

• 525 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 23:09

you could try this: http://www.f1racingworld.com/

I personally don't go there anymore because of their "FU if you aren't able to upload more than you download" policy.

Suprnova worked fine without any broadband elitist limitations. [/RANT]

Well if you can't manage that you don't belong there.

Plenty of sites have now introduced minimum seeding requirements, simply to limit traffic. These sites aren't run by mega corporations with unlimited resources, you know.

Where's Suprnova now? Before they went under they started charging people for the service. Is that want you want?

#11 woftam

woftam

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:02

Originally posted by bluetentacle

Plenty of sites have now introduced minimum seeding requirements, simply to limit traffic. These sites aren't run by mega corporations with unlimited resources, you know.

Where's Suprnova now? Before they went under they started charging people for the service. Is that want you want?

Well said- I think it's an outstanding site. :clap:

#12 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 6,385 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:39

Originally posted by Earthling
commentary is in Arabic though.

You weren't missing much though, as the english commentators got no graphics and basically admitted they hadn't a clue what was going on :

#13 jb_128

jb_128

• 311 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 13:30

That's what I'm talking about. How many people are technically able to maintain such high seeding rates ATM? In this country (Germany) high speed internet means ADSL 1000 kbit/s down / 128 kbit/s up. You can't do any decent seeding with that upload speed and the crappy hardware you get from the ISP that keeps killing itself from too many connections.

But these are just technical limitations that will change in the future. f.ex. I now have ADSL 3000/384. This is much better for uploading.

My point is why get rid of people who cannot contribute a lot due to technical reasons? People who download torrents of old races may very well have loads of own VHS tapes to rip and share themselves as soon as they have the internet speed to do so. I have several complete seasons of F1 recorded from eurosport and also german F3 stuff. I would be sharing some races now if I hadn't already been judged unworthy in the past.

Plenty of sites have now introduced minimum seeding requirements, simply to limit traffic.

How does downloading and seeding cause less traffic than just downloading?

I don't rememberl suprnova dying because of traffic. I don't remember having to pay them anything either. But if traffic is a problem, then yes, I do think that charging a fee would be a better way to go than locking people out completely. I believe people that visit f1racingworld are racing enthusiasts that would be willing to pay for access to the site (I mean people even pay for crappy pr0n sites). They are not a bunch of wannabe l33t hax0rs who want to rip everybody off and steal as much bandwidth as they can get.

#14 Flash

Flash

• 1,168 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 15:07

If you have emule, you can find Imola race #1... just do a search for the link :)

#15 squidbreath

squidbreath

• 370 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 22:40

Thank-you for the suggestions folks. I have found a source.

#16 Leigh

Leigh

• 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 00:21

They are right in the firing line for getting Shut down by FOM for displaying A/V material, in order to try and keep a low profile (and to maintain server reliability) we have haulted straight-forward registration. People can still invited by other members if you know anyone. Get your facts right before you start accusing them of being tossers!

The reason for their ratio rules is so that people don't download files, and then bugger off. The original uploader can't keep seeding forever!

#17 jb_128

jb_128

• 311 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:13

Agree, keeping the FOM away is a valid reason for tightening up membership. Didn't think of that.

I still don't like upload ratio restrictions though for the reasons I stated above.