Photo

Any opinions on GS 11 Section 6 in Montreal?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Farzad

Farzad

• 52 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:17

I have an oppurtunity to buy seats in Section 6 of grandstand 11 in Montreal but I'm worried that there is absolutly no view of the pit straight from that section. I know from section 1 or 2 in that grandstand you can pretty well see all the action from the last chicane all the way through the Senna Curve but I'm not sure that section 6 is as good.

Has anyone sat there? Go any pictures of the view?

Advertisement

#2 Dino G

Dino G

• 523 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 17:14

I think you should be fine there. I would be more worried about the two trees that may be right in your view. They are the two tall ones right at the end of the sand trap leading to the first corner.

Honestly, there isn't much to see in the pits from that vantage point anyways. i beleive the only car you will see will maybe be the last pit box, which i think is Minardi. I have sat in Golds when the pit stops used to mean something, I actually sat there once when they had no speed limiters!

I think the best seats in the house are GS 10, then 11, 12, and 15. You can't go wrong with any of these.

#3 Farzad

Farzad

• 52 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 17:57

Originally posted by Dino G
I think you should be fine there. I would be more worried about the two trees that may be right in your view. They are the two tall ones right at the end of the sand trap leading to the first corner.

Honestly, there isn't much to see in the pits from that vantage point anyways. i beleive the only car you will see will maybe be the last pit box, which i think is Minardi. I have sat in Golds when the pit stops used to mean something, I actually sat there once when they had no speed limiters!

I think the best seats in the house are GS 10, then 11, 12, and 15. You can't go wrong with any of these.

Thanks. I wasn't so much worried about seeing the pit action as I was about seeing thy drag races down the pit straight into turn 1. Those tress might be a concern. I've sat in GS 10 and remember those tress well off to my right.

Thanks again.

ps I believe the last pit box is Ferrari in Montreal.

#4 Dino G

Dino G

• 523 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 19:00

Originally posted by Farzad

Thanks. I wasn't so much worried about seeing the pit action as I was about seeing thy drag races down the pit straight into turn 1. Those tress might be a concern. I've sat in GS 10 and remember those tress well off to my right.

Thanks again.

ps I believe the last pit box is Ferrari in Montreal.

You are right, as I was posting it came to me!

What I like about 11 is seeing the cars squirrel away after the Senna hairpin as they are WOT to the bends as they disappear...well nowadays there isn't as much driver input but it is neat that you can see the drivers sawing away.

#5 jonmar

jonmar

• 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 23:21

I have sat there and the trees do block your view. I was quite irritated.