Guess the Grid in the USA (Official)
Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:11
INSTRUCTIONS - IMPORTANT - READ FIRST!!!
ROUND 9 - GUESS THE GRID IN THE USA
Here are the Rules and Scoring system for Round 9:
1. List your guess of the top 10 qualifiers (ON THE GRID) at Indy. This year this will mean the qualifying order after the Saturday qualifying session - the FIA released grid adter saturday qualifying.
2. Please follow the below instructions for the way in which to post your guesses.
How to place your guesses:
When posting your guesses please post them in the following manner - put your user name and then your selections as follows (these are examples only)
gerry nassar msch/mont/barr/raik/fisi/butt/sato/trul/rsch/heid
Please do it in this way so that the scores can calculated quicker. Make sure that you use only the first FOUR LETTERS in the drivers SURNAME . For the Schumacher brothers - you can type them as MSCH and RSCH . To differentiate between Montoya and Monterio - use Mont for Montoya and TMon for Monterio.
3. Post your guesses anytime before FRIDAY First Practice(FFFP) . You can change your guesses as many time as you like as long as its done before Friday First practice. Any posts or changes made after FRIDAY first practice will be INVALID! Please get them in by Full Field Friday First Practice (FFTP) at the latest as it makes it easier to calculate the scores. Late entries made on the friday will have to receive approval from myself to be allowed in the game. So you will have to plead for mercy - though I may even accept bribes.;) Entries received after FRIDAY will not be accepted in any circumstance.
4. Scores will be calculated as follows:
* + 3 points for being spot on . (ie. Selecting Button in 4th and he actually qualifies 4th)
* + 2 points for being one position away from where the driver actually qualifies (ie. Selecting Coulthard in 3rd and he qualifies either 2nd or 4th)
* + 1 point for having a driver you selected qualifying anywhere in the top 10 (not spot on or one away) ie. Selecting Michael Schumacher 5th but he qualifies 9th
* + 5 points if you manage to correctly pick all positions in the top 10. (Note – no one has done this in the last 3 years)
AND JUST TO CLARIFY some confusion - for example if you pick Barrichello 10th and he qualifies 11th you get 2 points, ie 1 position away. The fact that he is out of the top 10 makes you lose no points because you picked him one away at 10th.
5. The grid the result will be calculated on is that which is announced by the FIA immediately after sunday qualifying. Therefore any subsequent penalties will not be taken into account.
6. If a driver you selected is replaced during qualifying – his replacement will be substituted in his place in your guesses unless you change it before Full Field Friday First Practice. (ie) If Montoya doent race - whoever replaces him will substituted for him in your guesses. Therefore, Wurz, Dela and Mont will be treated as the same person. You can however feel free to edit your guesses until just before the start of Friday 1st practice.
7. Results will be calculated soon after Qualifying is completed. Look out for a results thread to be posted by JForce. This thread will feature the round’s results, a championship table, commentary etc. The results thread can then be used as a results discussion thread by you all.
If you have any questions - PM me and I'll respond as soon as I can.
PLEASE NOTE: If a driver you choose unable to qualify and race for whatever reason - you can ammend your selections as long as it is before Friday First Practice. If you dont get a chance to ammend your guesses - then we will calculate your score based on whowever replaces him
Here are my (early) Guesses:
gerry nassar mont/raik/trul/alon/rsch/msch/fisi/butt/webb/barr
Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:20
Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:13
Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:04
Posted 13 June 2005 - 17:44
Posted 13 June 2005 - 18:12
Posted 13 June 2005 - 22:49
Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:51
sent via PM
Posted 14 June 2005 - 15:35
Posted 15 June 2005 - 19:10
Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:19
Posted 16 June 2005 - 17:02