Photo

Nico Rosberg

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
997 replies to this topic

#851 Zava

Zava

• 5,010 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:01

I think Nico will surprise many here next year. Button is not better/faster than him. Until now Lewis was faster because he have faster car, with equal car I am not sure this the case.

you would love if Nico finished ahead, wouldn't you? :p that would put Schumacher's second career in a better light.

Advertisement

#852 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 13:58

you would love if Nico finished ahead, wouldn't you? :p that would put Schumacher's second career in a better light.

Yes. This will give us something to compare. In his second career MS proved that he didn't lost much of his speed. Good cars should helped more ,but he didn't have this luck.

#853 steveninthematrix

steveninthematrix

• 329 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 19:32

"Not only this, but Schumacher has outraced team mate Nico Rosberg 75% of the time when both drivers have raced to the chequered flag."

and there you have it...'

#854 Zava

Zava

• 5,010 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 19:42

"Not only this, but Schumacher has outraced team mate Nico Rosberg 75% of the time when both drivers have raced to the chequered flag."

and there you have it...'

yeah, too bad that out of Schumi's 7 retirements, he was in front only in australia, and behind Rosberg in china, spain, monaco, canada, hungary, singapore when the DNF happened.

#855 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 19:57

You mean only Lewis fans there? Maybe there is 2-3 Nico fans.

You forget how many of us have been following Nico already for years:

Rosberg, Kovalainen, Piquet jr.: WDC material?

It was fascinating to follow Nico and Heikki throughout the years with this thread - Piquet jr. has excused himself already a while ago, Heikki became the first of the three to win a GP, Nico followed this year, and still I am of the opinion that Rosberg is WDC material. In the first third of 2012 I was even of the opinion that it could be Nico's year, like 1982 was his father's year, exactly 30 years ago, in a very similar colorful season with many GP winners.

Here is my first post:

With Rosberg having won the GP 2 season against a long dominant Kovalainen and Piquet jr. being triumphant in the first A 1 races, who do you think will be the first of those three to claim the WDC crown ?

In my humble opinion all the three have the potential, if not all three will eventually become World Champions of F1.

My guess was always that it would be Heikki first, but looking at the number of Poles and Fastest Laps that Nico gained this season as well as the fact that Heikki Kovalainen mostly won Saturday races (4) and only one Sunday race, one can not be so sure any more.

Your expert opinions, please.

And that was the first answer:

Aren't we getting a bit ahead of ourselves here?

Anyway, out of spite, I vote that none of them will ever be WDC.

Well, Nico might just get the injection of stimulus he needed with Lewis in the team. I am sure Mercedes F1 will be a more energetic place now - Michael did not really challenge Nico like Lewis will.....

#856 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:04

You mean only Lewis fans there? Maybe there is 2-3 Nico fans.

Actually its the Lewis antagonist who would make up most of the posting in the Lewis vs Nico thread.

So while Nico may have 2 - 3 legitiamte fans he wont be without well wishers from the following:

1 - Disgruntled McLaren fans
2 - Button fans
3 -Schumacher fans
4 - Alonso and Ferrari fans
5 - Outright Anti Lewis posters

#857 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:05

yeah, too bad that out of Schumi's 7 retirements, he was in front only in australia, and behind Rosberg in china, spain, monaco, canada, hungary, singapore when the DNF happened.

Lol ahead only in australia?

How con you even compare Monaco? Michael would easily won that race, michael got the pole remember, not Nico.

Spain? It was like not even a half of the race, the crash happened after first pitstops. Michael was behind him on the grid because of the strategical decision.

Hungary? Lol you're funny. We can count qualifying tho, but still not, as his last lap was ruined by Maldonado.

I can count where rosberg was faster:
- china qualy
- china race
- valencia qualy
- singapore race

Michael outqualified Nico this year as well, 8:2 for Michael. we can't count: bahrain(Michael's DRS failure), spain(michael didn't set time in Q3), canada(not released in time) and hungary(michael's last lap ruined by maldonado).

Michael done 3 mistakes: Spain, Hungary and Singapore.

#858 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:32

He is right, in Hungary Rosberg was much faster. Schumacher had clean air after his start mistake and tyre damage so it was comparable and Rosberg was much faster in that race. This year Schumacher is able to match Rosbergs Quali pace whereas in (dry) races Rosberg is the quicker man in most of the races. Even Monza where Rosberg suffered from a bad tyres set and suddenly drove much faster for the rest of the race.

Edited by rog, 29 September 2012 - 21:33.

#859 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,856 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:50

Actually its the Lewis antagonist who would make up most of the posting in the Lewis vs Nico thread.

So while Nico may have 2 - 3 legitiamte fans he wont be without well wishers from the following:

2 - Button fans
3 -Schumacher fans

Sounds like the whole world's against you! I can't speak for all of us McLaren/Button fans but I'll be avoiding the upcoming Hamilton vs Rosberg thread like the plague, as the current Hamilton vs Button one appears to be based in an alternate-reality universe.

Advertisement

#860 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 22:08

I am glad Lewis and Nico are teammates from next season, I wanted McLaren to sign him instead of Button. Just a shame they are teammates in the wrong team :(

#861 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:10

2 - Button fans
3 -Schumacher fans

I'm an outright Nico & Fernando fan, but you sound like the world is against/hating Lewis. :confused: :down:

#862 Lights

Lights

• 9,416 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:24

2 - Button fans
3 -Schumacher fans

Frankly after facing years of ridiculousness I suspect no Button fan will be bothered to even click on it.

To the apparent 2-3 Nico fans: good luck. You could also just stay away collaboratively, don't be surprised to see the scorecard on 20-0 at the end of it though (but that's ok, history isn't actually created on message boards).

#863 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:31

Frankly after facing years of ridiculousness I suspect no Button fan will be bothered to even click on it.

To the apparent 2-3 Nico fans: good luck. You could also just stay away collaboratively, don't be surprised to see the scorecard on 20-0 at the end of it though (but that's ok, history isn't actually created on message boards).

Thank God, otherwise both Kimi and Lewis would be 3 time champions by now, Vettel would still have had to win a race and Maldonado would probably still be in Formula Ford. :drunk:

On a more serious note, I have faith in Nico's abilities. I think he'll do just a fine job against Lewis, by the end of the season he might not nessecary have beaten him but he'll have kept him honest, at least.

#864 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,657 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:58

Rosberg Q&A with Bild (German)

#865 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,048 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:33

Rosberg Q&A with Bild (German)

That has to be one of the few interviews i've ever translated with google that actually made any sense! Nothing too surprising in that to be honest, except maybe Nico putting Tiger Balm in Lewis's underpants before a kart race!!

#866 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:45

Rosberg will not beat Hamilton 20-0 but he will out point the talented unfocused Hamilton. I suspect Hamilton's fans to have as much trouble accepting defeat at the hands of Rosberg as Schumacher's supporters are having dealing with similar facts.

#867 Daniel Lester

Daniel Lester

• 2,083 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:13

Nico is in the Heidfeld mould, steady, consistent, brings home good points in a reasonable car more often than not, doesn't have too many bad weekends, but not many great ones either. Probably a bit quicker than Heidfeld relative to the opposition. Hamilton when really on it touches some pretty high highs, but he does have weekends where it goes very wrong - over the distance of a season I reckon Hamilton will outpace and outscore Nico, but Nico will be more consistent. Hamilton will have to have a 2011 type season for Nico to outscore him. Perhaps the biggest unknown is whether Hamilton can keep his head together if the car is a midfielder

#868 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:33

Rosberg will not beat Hamilton 20-0 but he will out point the talented unfocused Hamilton. I suspect Hamilton's fans to have as much trouble accepting defeat at the hands of Rosberg as Schumacher's supporters are having dealing with similar facts.

While Rosberg will surprise some Hamilton fans, it seems clear that Hamilton will do the same to some of the Rosbergs one.

Had you watched any of this year's season you would know the words in bold haven't applied to him this year and that he is an altogether different beast.

#869 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:43

Where have you been this season? If Lewis has been anything he has been completely focused this season, amid poor strategy and pit stops at the start of the season and a very pubic contract negotiation. Nico will not beat Hamilton, of this I am very sure.

Edited by alframsey, 30 September 2012 - 11:43.

#870 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:51

Where have you been this season? If Lewis has been anything he has been completely focused this season, amid poor strategy and pit stops at the start of the season and a very pubic contract negotiation. Nico will not beat Hamilton, of this I am very sure.

Ignore him, he spends the majority of his time trying to "prove" great drivers aren't so great.

#871 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,936 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 13:04

2 - Button fans
3 -Schumacher fans

LOL

I'll certainly be following blondie with great interest next year. :lol:

#872 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 15:54

I'll be avoiding the upcoming Hamilton vs Rosberg thread like the plague, as the current Hamilton vs Button one appears to be based in an alternate-reality universe.

:lol:

That's why I don't attend the Button vs Hamilton thread anymore for quite a while....the Lewis fans live definitely in their own reality, even though Lewis has glimpses of brilliance.

#873 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 16:03

2 - Button fans
3 -Schumacher fans

Sounds like fun.

I follow Nico since 2005, on top of it I am Fernando and Ferrari fan and like Jenson as well. Furthermore Lewis has some great moments, when he is not in one of his usual self-created holes.

So this will be a nice thread in 2013 :p

#874 Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious

• 751 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 16:04

What's a pubic contract negotiation?

Has Lewis been frequenting hookers?

:evil:

#875 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 16:21

Has Lewis been frequenting hookers?

:evil:

Lol! Imagine the fall out if he had...

#876 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,644 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 16:42

Personal sponsorship was a major motivation behind the move to Merc.

My sources tell me that Lewis is considering a custom design "down there", with Philips Ladyshave in "pole position" for the contract.

Edited by sosidge, 30 September 2012 - 16:42.

#877 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 17:25

the Lewis fans live definitely in their own reality

They probably think the same about you. :)

#878 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 20:09

It's very hard to evaluate Nico.

Despite the win, he's had some rubbish weekends this year - not entirely his fault.

He currently looks like someone who is trying to achieve an even lower profile than Heidfeld. He scores regular points in the most anonymous way possible.

Given the other threads about 'Schumi's indecision' . . . one wonders if both drivers are in fact disenchanted with Mercedes? I don't even see Rosberg pulling out all the stops in qualifying as he used to.

There's no doubt he's a very intelligent guy. He wasn't phased or destabilised by Schumi . . . a man with a history of dirty politics. But you just get the feeling Nico does just enough and no more. It often seemed like this during his last year at Williams.

#879 apoka

apoka

• 3,518 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 20:35

There's no doubt he's a very intelligent guy. He wasn't phased or destabilised by Schumi . . . a man with a history of dirty politics. But you just get the feeling Nico does just enough and no more. It often seemed like this during his last year at Williams.

How do you know he could do more? Isn't it enough to perform well on track? Or is it really more important to have a "high profile" as F1 driver (exluding Hamilton)?

Advertisement

#880 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 21:19

LOL

I'll certainly be following blondie with great interest next year. :lol:

You sure you wont be too busy in the Button v Perez thread - especially if young Perez is showing Button how its done? ;)

#881 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 468 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:38

To the few Nico fans who were worried (and whose number seems to have already increased :D ), confirmation that Lewis doesn't have & never sought No. 1 status

Brawn admitted it was "pleasant" that Hamilton just wanted the same chances as the German driver when he joins next year.

"Lewis never asked for any priority at all, he just asked for equality," Brawn told AUTOSPORT.

"He was pleasant in that he had no desires to have any special treatment or any unique facilities. Lewis just expects to have an equal opportunity in the team, as we would like to do as well.

"The conversation was relatively short in that area and I was impressed that he was positive enough to take that view and not attempt to protect some sort of position which would have been quite difficult for the team to accept.

"We never got into a discussion because Lewis didn't raise it. And if he had raised it, we probably wouldn't have wanted to do it."

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/102991

#882 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:45

I'm surprised. There is no Nico Rosberg 2012 thread? This thread started since 2005 which is a long time ago.

#883 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 1,948 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:51

I'm surprised. There is no Nico Rosberg 2012 thread? This thread started since 2005 which is a long time ago.

Dont worry.2013 will be Britneys year.Expect his profile to be right up there! :D

#884 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:16

Dont worry.2013 will be Britneys year.Expect his profile to be right up there! :D

It is starting to look like it. Imagine the Kimi thread already has a 3rd part with more than 30 pages in just a year, while this one is still from 2005.

The Lewis Hamilton confirmed at Mercedes thread started Sept 28, 2012 has more pages than this thread. Unreal.

Edited by encircled, 01 October 2012 - 11:18.

#885 z2z

z2z

• 295 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:03

It is starting to look like it. Imagine the Kimi thread already has a 3rd part with more than 30 pages in just a year, while this one is still from 2005.

The Lewis Hamilton confirmed at Mercedes thread started Sept 28, 2012 has more pages than this thread. Unreal.

:lol: and you get strange result in google >> http://imageshack.us...999/snap16m.png :lol:

#886 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:16

:lol: and you get strange result in google >> http://imageshack.us...999/snap16m.png :lol:

:rotfl:

#887 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,936 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:24

You sure you wont be too busy in the Button v Perez thread - especially if young Perez is showing Button how its done?;)

Perez will be quick and the battle will be close, but I suspect Jenson should cover him off. I'm more interested in the challenge for the title, and Button v Hamilton on track in their respective teams.

Edited by Dalton007, 01 October 2012 - 13:12.

#888 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:12

Makes it easier to spot the fanboys and bandwagon jumpers. :rolleyes: I'm more interested in the team itself but I'm glad Mercedes finally has two drivers that I like.

#889 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:25

Good for you then. :)

Good luck to Nico for a challenging task ahead of him. I'm expecting a close fight between Nico and Lewis. :up:

#890 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 1,948 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:39

Good for you then. :)

Good luck to Nico for a challenging task ahead of him. I'm expecting a close fight between Nico and Lewis. :up:

What will be particularly of interest is Nico and Lewis grew up together, they are the same age,and there wasn't much perfomance wise between them in their junior years.

I for one will be watching Mercedes more than any other team next year! :love:

#891 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:47

I'm not really a fan of Nico but yes, the two of them growing up together, then went different paths and now are teammates again will show the results of the different paths they have taken up to now.

Really interesting pair, I think they are now the strongest pair for next year, with Vettel/Webber in second.

#892 Alexandros

Alexandros

• 1,119 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:02

Indeed... Nico+Lewis is the strongest lineup in the grid.

#893 baddog

baddog

• 23,439 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:13

I'm thinking Lewis is taking Nico for granted. If so I hope Nico shows him some dust for a while.

#894 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:14

I'm thinking Lewis is taking Nico for granted. If so I hope Nico shows him some dust for a while.

Really?

What makes you think that :)

#895 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:23

I recall how Rosberg staked up against Webber in 6 years ago when they were teammates at Williams. I see that Mark scored 7 points in 2006 against Nico's 4 when they drove together at Williams. Not a delusional difference, but Webber did end up coming out on top. However, 3 points must be noted:

1.) Rosberg was only 20 years old and in his rookie season.
2.) Williams in general was a crappy car.
3.) Cosworth was very unreliable.

Edited by Kingshark, 03 October 2012 - 03:24.

#896 Sith

Sith

• 1,306 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:29

Perez will be quick and the battle will be close, but I suspect Jenson should cover him off. I'm more interested in the challenge for the title, and Button v Hamilton on track in their respective teams.

Cover him off??? You have got to be kidding Dalton007!???

Perez will end Jenson's career @ Mclaren...

#897 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,610 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:36

Cover him off??? You have got to be kidding Dalton007!???

Perez will end Jenson's career @ Mclaren...

I doubt that, lol - but I share the sentiment. Checo is going to to blow the socks off of everyone over there... As for Nico, that is more of a wait and see prospect. He most definitely has the potential to challenge Lewis, and Lewis will push him by showing the possibilities (and visa versa) - so it is very possible they will go for it neck and neck. Just haven't seen that out of Nico much, so we'll see. I'm behind both Nico and his new teammate doing well over there. :up:

Edited by bourbon, 03 October 2012 - 05:40.

#898 Sith

Sith

• 1,306 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:51

I doubt that, lol - but I share the sentiment. Checo is going to to blow the socks off of everyone over there... As for Nico, that is more of a wait and see prospect. He most definitely has the potential to challenge Lewis, and Lewis will push him by showing the possibilities (and visa versa) - so it is very possible they will go for it neck and neck. Just haven't seen that out of Nico much, so we'll see. I'm behind both Nico and his new teammate doing well over there. :up:

Please re-post this after the 1st 3 races next year... Lewis will prob take pole in his 1st race.. (I am a Kimi fan...)

#899 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 18:44

Please re-post this after the 1st 3 races next year... Lewis will prob take pole in his 1st race.. (I am a Kimi fan...)

That's a very bold prediction you're making here, Vader. What makes you think that suddenly Mercedes will be a front-running team, considering how little rules are changing and will change in the near future? Teams will build the 2013 cars based of the 2012 machinery they have. Only in 2014 you can safely say the pecking order will go wild.

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Mercedes
5.) Renault

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Mercedes
5.) Renault

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Lotus
5.) Mercedes

Do you see the consistency, Darth?

Advertisement

#900 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 18:51

Would be fine if the years were not one and the same :)