Posted 03 October 2012 - 19:03

LEWIS HAMILTON can expect a hot reception from Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg

http://www.thesun.co...co-Rosberg.html

Advertisement

#902 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,211 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 19:21

That's a very bold prediction you're making here, Vader. What makes you think that suddenly Mercedes will be a front-running team, considering how little rules are changing and will change in the near future? Teams will build the 2013 cars based of the 2012 machinery they have. Only in 2014 you can safely say the pecking order will go wild.

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Mercedes
5.) Renault

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Mercedes
5.) Renault

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Lotus
5.) Mercedes

Do you see the consistency, Darth?

Everytime 2010 comes around the pecking order is the same?

#903 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 19:23

Uh, no.

Although I have noticed that this Nico Rosberg thread hasn't been so active since his victory in China, only because Lewis has become his teammate. Nice...

#904 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,211 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 19:37

Uh, no.

Although I have noticed that this Nico Rosberg thread hasn't been so active since his victory in China, only because Lewis has become his teammate. Nice...

Well I suspect his fan base is smaller than some of the other drivers, but more importantly he hasn't really done anything since worth talking about.

#905 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 19:41

Well I suspect his fan base is smaller than some of the other drivers, but more importantly he hasn't really done anything since worth talking about.

Don't worry. Now Nico is teammates with Lewis, this thread will be a lot more active, especially when/if he beats Lewis.

#906 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,211 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 19:57

Don't worry. Now Nico is teammates with Lewis, this thread will be a lot more active, especially when/if he beats Lewis.

If he does your welcome to the pollution it brings.

#907 P123

P123

• 8,087 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 20:06

If he does your welcome to the pollution it brings.

I suspect that Kingshark is referring to the sudden new found Rosberg fans it will bring..... I think we're seeing a few already. Of course they aren't Hamilton fans, so they must be superior.

#908 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 20:40

Imo Nico Rosbergo will beat Lewis on his first season. On qualy and on the race it will be very close between them, but... in terms of being more regular. That will depend if the car is well ballanced (a good car) then Nico maybe will beat him. If the car is not as good to drive then I´ll bet on Lewis. And I think Mercedes is going to be a "top car" in 2013.

Of course that´s a feeling, I admire both drivers and Mercedes they are lucky to have them. It will be an amazing battle!!!

Edited by Alarcon, 03 October 2012 - 20:42.

#909 Sith

Sith

• 1,306 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 22:30

That's a very bold prediction you're making here, Vader. What makes you think that suddenly Mercedes will be a front-running team, considering how little rules are changing and will change in the near future? Teams will build the 2013 cars based of the 2012 machinery they have. Only in 2014 you can safely say the pecking order will go wild.

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Mercedes
5.) Renault

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Mercedes
5.) Renault

2010:
1.) Red Bull
2.) Mclaren
3.) Ferrari
4.) Lotus
5.) Mercedes

Do you see the consistency, Darth?

I'll put it another way... Merc have had 3 podiums this year??? Ask yourself how many more Lewis would get if he was driving that car.. I don't know how many?? But it would be MORE....

I'm not saying Merc will be @ the front next year.. But Lewis will put that car higher up the grid than it should be..
Think Silverstone 10'... That car was a Dog.. Where was he on the grid.. & where was Jenson..;)

#910 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:30

I'll put it another way... Merc have had 3 podiums this year??? Ask yourself how many more Lewis would get if he was driving that car.. I don't know how many?? But it would be MORE....

I suggest to wait and see where Lewis puts it. There is as much ground to claim he'd score less podiums in MGP this year than the opposite.

#911 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:55

I'm not saying Merc will be @ the front next year.. But Lewis will put that car higher up the grid than it should be..
Think Silverstone 10'... That car was a Dog.. Where was he on the grid.. & where was Jenson.. ;)

Interesting you'd mention Silverstone 2010 actually. If the car was such a dog, then why did Jenson finish fourth? Also, Rosberg finished 3rd, ahead of Jenson with an inferior Mercedes, in which Schumi only finished 9th or 10th I believe. Just trying to bring the point across.

#912 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:37

LEWIS HAMILTON can expect a hot reception from Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg

http://www.thesun.co...co-Rosberg.html

I bet it will be interesting to read the british press, if Rosberg beats Lewis and Lewis has some bad luck with technical problems and tactical errors next year.

#913 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,811 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:40

I suggest to wait and see where Lewis puts it. There is as much ground to claim he'd score less podiums in MGP this year than the opposite.

Maybe but just as one example, China 2010, who knows where Rosberg would have been had he not the made the mistake that handed Jenson both the place and the win.

#914 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:58

I expect pretty much same results next year, just sub schumis name for hami.
ie: nico to be the quicker in qually and hami in races, but hami to have more incidents trying to get a bag of shit merc up the grid and his all out attacking style like schumi, while nico is happy to cruise round and only become feisty when near his teammate on track and in doing so collects more points and less penalties/

#915 Sith

Sith

• 1,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:39

Interesting you'd mention Silverstone 2010 actually. If the car was such a dog, then why did Jenson finish fourth? Also, Rosberg finished 3rd, ahead of Jenson with an inferior Mercedes, in which Schumi only finished 9th or 10th I believe. Just trying to bring the point across.

Sure Jenson finished 4th... But he he didn't even make Q3!!! Just kept complaining how bad the car was, yet Lewis was 3rd on the grid!!! Take Spain this year... Lewis put it on POLE!!! Again, Jenson couldn't even get into Q3... Please try to tell me that Nico is better than Jenson...

Proof will be in the Qualifying pudding in Melbourne next year!!!

#916 emby1999

emby1999

• 62 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:44

Rosberg is nothing special, expect Hamilton to dominate him, in races and qualifying.

#917 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:22

I can't see Rosberg and Hamilton making a driver combo. Rosberg is very obsessed with beating Schumacher and is always very defensive when it doesn't happen. With Hamilton been a modern day benchmark Rosberg will know that this is make or break for his career. If he starts to fall behind Hamilton then a gap of 1-2 tenths could turn into 5-6 as his confidence is eroded.

#918 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,211 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 14:31

I recall how Rosberg staked up against Webber in 6 years ago when they were teammates at Williams. I see that Mark scored 7 points in 2006 against Nico's 4 when they drove together at Williams. Not a delusional difference, but Webber did end up coming out on top. However, 3 points must be noted:

1.) Rosberg was only 20 years old and in his rookie season.
2.) Williams in general was a crappy car.
3.) Cosworth was very unreliable.

No it wasn't. There was only one engine failure.

#919 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,906 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 15:02

Rosberg on autosport:

"We managed that very well in go-karts already so I don't see any issue or concern there. We were team-mates for two years and we even shared hotel rooms. It went very well."

Um. :lol:

Advertisement

#920 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,411 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 15:11

Rosberg on autosport:

"We managed that very well in go-karts already so I don't see any issue or concern there. We were team-mates for two years and we even shared hotel rooms. It went very well."

Um. :lol:

What?

Have you a bumming fantasy or something?

#921 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 15:17

Rosberg - not bad for a number two driver. Hamilton will dominate him just like Vettel over Webber.

:wave:

#922 grebsor

grebsor

• 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 16:28

Rosberg - not bad for a number two driver. Hamilton will dominate him just like Vettel over Webber.

:wave:

they said the same when Schumi joined Rosberg at Mercedes in 2009.. :wave:

#923 grebsor

grebsor

• 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 16:35

No it wasn't. There was only one engine failure.

I would say 4, because other 3 engines were changed before the race.

#924 joshb

joshb

• 3,246 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 16:42

To add my £0.02, I think he'll give Hamilton a harder time in qualy than anyone since Alonso but I'd expect Hamilton to win over a season with a similar margin to what Vettel has over Webber

#925 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 16:43

I think first Mercedes need to produce a decent car for us to see anything, I personally don't rate Rosberg over Button either

#926 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 19:59

Sure Jenson finished 4th... But he he didn't even make Q3!!! Just kept complaining how bad the car was, yet Lewis was 3rd on the grid!!! Take Spain this year... Lewis put it on POLE!!! Again, Jenson couldn't even get into Q3... Please try to tell me that Nico is better than Jenson...

Proof will be in the Qualifying pudding in Melbourne next year!!!

Uh, I think your question has been answered. It's Button. His habit is to complain about how undrivable his car is, and frankly, Lewis dominating Jenson during his slump from Bahrain to Silverstone this season has been nothing special.

Most people here will be surprised on how well Rosberg goes against Hamilton, I'm not necessary saying Nico will beat Lewis, but rather that he'll give him a very hard time.

#927 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 21:21

I think Hamilton will appear to be faster than Rosberg at times but overall the pair will be about an even match, with Rosberg getting the job done more reliably but Hamilton getting more race wins. Really, Rosberg is the perfect teammate for Hamilton (in terms of being apolitical and easy for him to get along with) and the pair great for MGP.

#928 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 22:37

I think I'll wait for 2013 and enjoy the fight. :smoking:

#929 malibu

malibu

• 172 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 23:06

I consider Rosberg as a faster driver than Button. I personnaly rate him very high. The comparaison against one of the very best will be interesting

i just remember a few months ago, hamilton said in an interview that he considered there were 4 top drivers in F1 (him, alonso, vettel and....Rosberg)

Edited by malibu, 04 October 2012 - 23:15.

#930 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,419 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 23:14

I think Hamilton will appear to be faster than Rosberg at times but overall the pair will be about an even match, with Rosberg getting the job done more reliably but Hamilton getting more race wins. Really, Rosberg is the perfect teammate for Hamilton (in terms of being apolitical and easy for him to get along with) and the pair great for MGP.

yep :up:

#931 Wolf

Wolf

• 7,881 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 23:15

Judging from what I've seen so far, this thread will be populated with genuine Rosberg supporters (including myself, but they seem rather scarce), along with MS supporters (who will hope Nico beats Hamilton to show that MS was under appreciated in his comeback), plus those who dislike Hamilton all rooting for Nico to prove his worth against Hamilton... Certainly, there will be much more animosity than in Mercedes garage- I have a feeling those two will get along quite nicely, and will hopefully be pulling in the same direction- forward.

#932 bub

bub

• 2,000 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 23:49

I consider Rosberg as a faster driver than Button. I personnaly rate him very high. The comparaison against one of the very best will be interesting

i just remember a few months ago, hamilton said in an interview that he considered there were 4 top drivers in F1 (him, alonso, vettel and....Rosberg)

Totally agree with this. I think Nico is a better qualifier than Button, his race pace is as good and he doesn't seem to have as much set up issues as Button so overall slightly better driver. As for the top drivers; I would say the usual top 3. Nico and Kimi slightly behind those, then Button slightly behind them.

#933 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,811 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:06

Byron Young ‏@byronf1
I'm quite impressed to see Nico Rosberg wander into the packed press room and have a chat with one or two of the journos. #daniel #lion

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperf1
#F1 Bizarrely @nico_rosberg is wandering around the media centre, we usually only see drivers in here when they become commentators...

Hmmmm, an attempt by Nico to try and get some of the press on his side for next year?

#934 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,906 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 14:47

What?

Have you a bumming fantasy or something?

Just a bit of humour, Houston. :kiss:

#935 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,633 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 15:16

Hmmmm, an attempt by Nico to try and get some of the press on his side for next year?

I rate him very highly as driver, but the guy is lame, really. On the other hand, being MS's teammate could have been quite oppressive.

#936 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:37

It's amazing because usually he just lets someone else do his talking for him (posted by webteam)

#937 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,318 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:49

It's amazing because usually he just lets someone else do his talking for him (posted by webteam)

You're confusing me now, was this post posted by webteam? :lol:

#938 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,837 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:54

Nasty/fake/snake-like/political Nico?

#939 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,811 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:48

Nasty/fake/snake-like/political Nico?

Your words not mine,

Geez, Button fans :rolleyes: :)

Edited by Kvothe, 05 October 2012 - 19:48.

Advertisement

#940 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,837 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:53

Your words not mine,

Geez, Button fans :rolleyes: :)

Your implication not mine.

#941 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,811 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 20:01

Your implication not mine.

Your inference, I implied nothing just asked a question.

#942 apoka

apoka

• 3,487 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 21:16

Nico doesn't strike me as a guy doing political games.

#943 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,811 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 21:19

Nico doesn't strike me as a guy doing political games.

I didn't insinuate political, but with the media furore that tends to surround Hamilton it might be wise to get a few journos onside.

#944 emby1999

emby1999

• 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 23:30

I just went over the Q2 sessions of 2009 between Rosberg and his team mate Nakajima and averaged the gap.

Rosberg was on average only 0.296 faster. Considering Nakajima was a sub standard pay driver, that is very unimpressive, and is about the gap between Hamilton and Button, which puts things into perspective, and indicates he really is not that fast, and Hamilton will outpace him comfortably.

#945 F1Newbie

F1Newbie

• 773 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 23:38

I also think Rosberg is a better driver overall than Button. He looks pretty quick in qualify. It will be great to see those two race each other. I'm confident Lewis will win the battle at the end. He might struggle a bit at the start of the season though.

#946 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:37

I just went over the Q2 sessions of 2009 between Rosberg and his team mate Nakajima and averaged the gap.

Rosberg was on average only 0.296 faster. Considering Nakajima was a sub standard pay driver, that is very unimpressive, and is about the gap between Hamilton and Button, which puts things into perspective, and indicates he really is not that fast, and Hamilton will outpace him comfortably.

Err, obviously Rosberg will have grown as a driver since 2008-09. You also forgot to mention that in 09 he scored 35 points against Nakajima's null.

I still believe Nico will fare better against Lewis than most people suspect he will.

#947 emby1999

emby1999

• 62 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:40

Err, obviously Rosberg will have grown as a driver since 2008-09. You also forgot to mention that in 09 he scored 35 points against Nakajima's null.

I still believe Nico will fare better against Lewis than most people suspect he will.

Grown? Maybe, but faster? Don't think so, and it's speculation at best, I was just pointing out what we actually know, that he was only 0.3 faster over a lap than a poor pay driver who is no longer in the sport.

#948 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 26,407 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:36

Judging from what I've seen so far, this thread will be populated with genuine Rosberg supporters (including myself, but they seem rather scarce), along with MS supporters (who will hope Nico beats Hamilton to show that MS was under appreciated in his comeback), plus those who dislike Hamilton all rooting for Nico to prove his worth against Hamilton... Certainly, there will be much more animosity than in Mercedes garage- I have a feeling those two will get along quite nicely, and will hopefully be pulling in the same direction- forward.

Well i am a Webber supporter so here's my impartial 2c.

I was one of the minority in picking Rosberg to beat the Schu on his return, I just felt it was asking too much of michael. In saying that, despite what the scoreboard says, Michael has been way too close to Nico this year if Nico is to be regarded as a threat to someone like Hamilton. I think Lewis will have a similar margin to Nico as he has to Jenson this year.

#949 grebsor

grebsor

• 28 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:36

If you went only over Q2 sessions then you probably missed some races... because Nakajima didn't made through Q2 in 4 races and Nico in only 1. Your average gap is something smaller than it really was.

#950 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,518 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:39

Well i am a Webber supporter so here's my impartial 2c.

I was one of the minority in picking Rosberg to beat the Schu on his return, I just felt it was asking too much of michael. In saying that, despite what the scoreboard says, Michael has been way too close to Nico this year if Nico is to be regarded as a threat to someone like Hamilton. I think Lewis will have a similar margin to Nico as he has to Jenson this year.

Do you think Lewis will score many more WDC points than Nico? Will that be as close as it has been with Jenson?