Nico Rosberg

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
997 replies to this topic

#51 squidbreath

squidbreath

• 370 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 23:42

Originally posted by scheivlak

Think you need a geography lesson or two....

It is close to half way by the land route or by counting intermediary countries: from germany eastward along the coast we have poland (1), kaliningrad/russia (2), poland again (3) lithuania (4)
and southward from finalnd along the coast we have russia (1), estonia (2), latvia (3), and lithuania (4).

How is that for a geography lesson.

Advertisement

#52 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 10,810 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 23:49

Originally posted by squidbreath

It is close to half way by the land route or by counting intermediary countries: from germany eastward along the coast we have poland (1), kaliningrad/russia (2), poland again (3) lithuania (4)
and southward from finalnd along the coast we have russia (1), estonia (2), latvia (3), and lithuania (4).

How is that for a geography lesson.

Why follow the coast? I'll be sailing and have a nice day at Gotland.

#53 dnbn

dnbn

• 2,002 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 00:10

Originally posted by squidbreath
I think I'm downgrading Heiki a bit because some of his Saturday wins I put down to his strategy of pitting earliest. Rosberg and Carroll won by grabbing the race by the scruff of the neck.

Carroll had 3 wins. Two of them came on Sunday (sprint race) where he had the advantage of a great grid position due to reversed grid (other drivers, notably Pla, also grabbed races by the scruff under those circumstances) and one came on Saturday (main race), but then he finished less than a second ahead. Kovalainen had 6 wins, 4 of them on Saturday.

#54 squidbreath

squidbreath

• 370 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 00:31

Why follow the coast? I'll be sailing and have a nice day at Gotland.

I am afraid of water. Consequently my dating life is rather lacking. Women seem to prefer men who bathe.

#55 Slow_Hands

Slow_Hands

• 49 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 14:02

Originally posted by dnbn

Carroll had 3 wins. Two of them came on Sunday (sprint race) where he had the advantage of a great grid position due to reversed grid (other drivers, notably Pla, also grabbed races by the scruff under those circumstances) and one came on Saturday (main race), but then he finished less than a second ahead. Kovalainen had 6 wins, 4 of them on Saturday.

that would be doing adam an injustice. his san marino win on sunday he had to do some work to win. rosberg overcooked his brakes but judging by the fact adam beat premat by around 6 seconds im sure he would have got past nico anyway. in monaco he won by only a second as he had damage to his steering which troubled him in the closing stages and im sure his lap times would suffice to that. in belgium , ok he had pole but he held a 17 second lead over garcia when it was stopped and it surely would have been 20+ had it went the distance, even with a safety car imo...pla was never that quick when he had wore his sunday best. adam was lapping 2 seconds faster than anyone else, obviously because he had clean air but so did garcia considering how far carroll was ahead.... and when you look at the amount of points and good qualifying positions adam has lost due to either reliability or other drivers hitting him up the arse, it would be wrong to say that adam is a notch lower than rosberg and even kova. remember in the same team, adam whopped rosbergs behind in f3 at korea and driving year old scolarship cars in f3 he quite often beat the championship class runners on his way to a crushing championship win, this includes heikki.

adam carroll is criminally under rated in gp2. piquet aswell. i think its mostly down to the the teams they drive for. arden and esspecially ART are the 'notch' above. driver-wise its a much closer story IMO.

#56 Dudley

Dudley

• 9,245 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 18:16

Rosberg looked assured in testing today. Much more than his teammate.

#57 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,115 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 18:37

Maybe it's a shoot-out between them, who'll drive the last two, or even three G's P. I think Pizzonia will drive in Brazil whatever happens though.

....But there's always a chance that Heidfeld will make it back in time...

#58 John_T

John_T

• 119 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 20:03

Originally posted by race addicted
Maybe it's a shoot-out between them, who'll drive the last two, or even three G's P. I think Pizzonia will drive in Brazil whatever happens though.

....But there's always a chance that Heidfeld will make it back in time...

Maybe you're right.
Well Rosberg won battle #1. Both Nico and Antonio will test tomorrow.
Testing times from Silverstone - Day Two

1. ALONSO Renault 1m17.615s
2. LIUZZI Red Bull 1m17.665s
3. WURZ McLaren 1m17.673s
4. FISICHELLA Renault 1m18.018s
5. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m18.517s
6. ROSBERG Williams 1m18.614s
7. PIZZONIA Williams 1m18.693s
8. KLIEN Red Bull 1m18.727s
9. PANIS Toyota 1m19.051s
10. DE LA ROSA McLaren 1m22.962s
11. YAMAMOTO Jordan 1m23.502s

ps: Rosberg is linked to suzuka debut according to speculation in the Finnish and Italian press.
http://www.itv-f1.co...spx?PO_ID=34066

#59 sputnik

sputnik

• 461 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:25

Originally posted by metz
What do they play for world citizens?

Let The Eagle Soar, by John Ashcroft.

Advertisement

#60 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 19:58

This from another thread :

Posted Image

Nico racing under Finnish flag... interesting grid anyhow.

#61 De Weberis

De Weberis

• 836 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 20:49

May I remind you Nelson Piquet was born in Heidelberg, therefore he is German too.

#62 Jackman

Jackman

• 12,568 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 20:51

And his mum is Dutch so he is, and he lived in Monaco so he could be Monagasque, and he lives in Oxford now so...

#63 Eliteboy27

Eliteboy27

• 126 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 20:59

Oi that is my post you have hi-jacked. :wave:

There were more on the grid it is just that i have cut them off after Liuzzi's name for race 2, as the thread was about that.

The driver that was in that field that should/could be in F1 right now is Davide Fore, he is 3 times world champion in either Formula Super A or Formula A. Now that is special.

All that talent and nobody ever bothered to fund him to the top. It is really sickening to see idiots like Alex Yoong (For yoong replace as you see fit with Webber :rotfl: ) in F1 when there are drivers out there like Fore.

#64 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 10,810 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 21:13

Originally posted by Menace

There's an interesting profile on Nico at http://www.f1total.c.../05092009.shtml

Just a quote (translated) : "and at home we also speak German. We watch German television and I feel rather German than Finnish myself. I've never lived in Finland and hardly know the language. Neither do I see myself purely as a German, though. It's not like the Brazilians, who are always so patriotic. I don't have that, which might be a pity."

#65 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,055 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 21:51

Young person usually needs some identiny to identify. But Nico seems to race for himself only and its not that rare point of view, even Kimi said he races only for himself.

#66 fumes

fumes

• 358 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 22:06

This from another thread :

Posted Image

Nico is the next Sauro Cesetti! :)

#67 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:27

There's an interesting profile on Nico at http://www.f1total.c.../05092009.shtml

Just a quote (translated) : "and at home we also speak German. We watch German television and I feel rather German than Finnish myself. I've never lived in Finland and hardly know the language. Neither do I see myself purely as a German, though. It's not like the Brazilians, who are always so patriotic. I don't have that, which might be a pity."

But hasn't he publicly commented feeling that his driving skills he feels come from the Finnish racing heritage... I remember reading him say so anyways on AA. :p

#68 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,097 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:34

Originally posted by Jackman
Roughly 100% of people who don't live in Finland don't speak Finnish.

That's not true.

#69 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,901 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:49

He did say roughly..

#70 karlth

karlth

• 16,202 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:42

I think he feels Icelandic. Don't quote me on that but I think he should be considered Icelandic.

#71 De Weberis

De Weberis

• 836 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 16:12

But hasn't he publicly commented feeling that his driving skills he feels come from the Finnish racing heritage... I remember reading him say so anyways on AA. :p

Keijo Rosberg was born in Switzerland (when his Finish parents were travelling) and latter aquired the Finish nationality.

#72 BuonoCattoTifosi

BuonoCattoTifosi

• 41 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 16:17

Originally posted by De Weberis
Keijo Rosberg was born in Switzerland (when his Finish parents were travelling) and latter aquired the Finish nationality.

Actually his dad was working in Sweden and Keke got born in there (Sweden). Both of his parents were always Finns. Nico can be anything he wants. :)

#73 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 17:58

Originally posted by BuonoCattoTifosi

Nico can be anything he wants. :)

:up:

#74 POLAR

POLAR

• 1,106 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 18:04

Nico is the real deal. If he wants to become Brazilian, its ok by me!;)

#75 Slow_Hands

Slow_Hands

• 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 18:20

speaking of brazilians, wasnt piquet jr born in germany whilst sr was gearing up for the german grand prix or soemthing?

#76 bern@rd

bern@rd

• 604 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 18:41

I think it's pathetic how all the finnish fans are now trying to adopt Nico, now that he tastes a bit of success. The fact is Keke Rosberg got fed up with finnish jealousy and shit press, said adios, moved to germany with a german wife, didn't want to teach Nico finnish and didn't bother to take him to finland too often.

It is this same exact bullshit jealousy from the finnish people and the pess that is now having Kimi thinking of leaving finland forever and taking up Svitzerlands nationality. I don't blame him. :wave:

#77 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 19:00

Nico is half finn, what's so difficult about it?

Language aint dominant factor, think about some aboriginal people, who are adopted in young age and taken away somewhere, they cant speak native language but they damn sure consider themself as natives.
Like in the USA there are indias who dont know how to speak their language, but they are still indians.

#78 fillern

fillern

• 3,113 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 19:23

Nationality is overrated. Especially in Europe were everybody did it with everybody through history. And how about americans? Your average New Yorkan is 10% Irish, 12% African, 9% German, 4% Swedish, 14% English, 11% Puerto Rican, 1% Finnish, 14% Italian...

Aren't we all from an ancient african woman? :confused:

#79 SkorbiF1

SkorbiF1

• 1,208 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 20:12

Originally posted by bern@rd
taking up Svitzerlands nationality.

please give one single quote from Kimi where he is saying this?

The fact is Keke Rosberg got fed up with finnish jealousy and shit press

Isn't that a bit misleading.. Afterall, it's all completely bullshit!

Give me one single quote from Keke where he has said this?

Nico's mother is german and father is finnish. Nico has two passports: German and Finnish. He has raced under Finnish flag until GP2 and is now racing under German flag.
Nico is half-german and half-finnish, not so hard to get, is it?

2 small advices:

1) Don't post crap in this BB.
2) Don't post crap and tell it's facts in this BB!

Advertisement

#80 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,730 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 20:23

Nico is half finn, what's so difficult about it?

Language aint dominant factor, think about some aboriginal people, who are adopted in young age and taken away somewhere, they cant speak native language but they damn sure consider themself as natives.
Like in the USA there are indias who dont know how to speak their language, but they are still indians.

sure... gerish or finerman....;)

#81 SkorbiF1

SkorbiF1

• 1,208 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 20:25

Originally posted by speedmaster

sure... gerish or finerman....;)

I'd personally prefer finerman, or even better, fingerman ;)

#82 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,730 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:35

Originally posted by SkorbiF1

I'd personally prefer finerman, or even better, fingerman ;)

fingerman is what I've tried to write.... ;)

#83 Oho

Oho

• 7,254 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:26

Originally posted by SkorbiF1

please give one single quote from Kimi where he is saying this?

Isn't that a bit misleading.. Afterall, it's all completely bullshit!

Give me one single quote from Keke where he has said this?

Nico's mother is german and father is finnish. Nico has two passports: German and Finnish. He has raced under Finnish flag until GP2 and is now racing under German flag.
Nico is half-german and half-finnish, not so hard to get, is it?

2 small advices:

1) Don't post crap in this BB.
2) Don't post crap and tell it's facts in this BB!

Incidentally Nico might loose his Finnish citizenship in few years time if it is deemed he does not have sufficient connections to Finland. Right now he really has none, he has never lived in the country nor has close relatives living in Finland.

#84 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:04

I think it's pathetic how all the finnish fans are now trying to adopt Nico, now that he tastes a bit of success.

:confused: What a strange comment. Nico does not need to be "adopted" by Finnish or any other fans. Jeez! What the hell are you talking about with that? You mean that no Finn can ever be a Nico fan?

#85 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,876 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:16

Bernard, dont most people become fans of a driver when they see some sort of success from that driver? Many people became Michael Schumacher fans before his debut in Spa in 02 - while many others became fans after his first WDC for Ferrari in 00. Doesnt make them lesser fans. Same goes for any other driver.

So your comment is way out of line.

#86 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,901 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:34

I think you mean Spa '92.;)

#87 BuonoCattoTifosi

BuonoCattoTifosi

• 41 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:54

Originally posted by Chubby_Deuce
I think you mean Spa '92.;)

I think you mean Spa '91.;)

#88 TT6

TT6

• 3,551 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:46

Originally posted by Oho
Incidentally Nico might loose his Finnish citizenship in few years time if it is deemed he does not have sufficient connections to Finland. Right now he really has none, he has never lived in the country nor has close relatives living in Finland.

Actually, he's not in any threat to loose his citizenship if he doesn't want to loose it. Only thing he has to do is to send a written announcement where he says he wants to keep his citizenship (before he turns 22).

Kansalaisuuslaki 34 § 2 mom 3 a) kohta:

Riittävä yhteys katsotaan olevan, jos:..
3) henkilö on 18 vuotta täytettyään, mutta ennen 22 ikävuoden täyttämistä:
a) ilmoittanut kirjallisesti Suomen diplomaattiselle edustustolle tai lähetetyn virkamiehen johtamalle konsulaatille taikka maistraatille haluavansa säilyttää Suomen kansalaisuuden

#89 kismet

kismet

• 6,904 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:14

In defense of bern@rd, you'd have to be blind and deaf not to notice that Nico Rosberg gets way more exposure and feel-good "ain't he a nice, well-behaving, presentable boy" publicity in Finland than he would without his pedigree and Finnish citizenship (even if it's just a nominal thing for him). As a result, his Finnish fan base has for years heavily outnumbered that of a driver of similar racing merits but a different nationality.

#90 SkorbiF1

SkorbiF1

• 1,208 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:45

Originally posted by kismet
In defense of bern@rd, you'd have to be blind and deaf not to notice that Nico Rosberg gets way more exposure and feel-good "ain't he a nice, well-behaving, presentable boy" publicity in Finland than he would without his pedigree and Finnish citizenship (even if it's just a nominal thing for him). As a result, his Finnish fan base has for years heavily outnumbered that of a driver of similar racing merits but a different nationality.

"ain't he a nice, well-behaving, presentable boy" = Plain PR, he is very good at this but, even if he acted like a spoilt brat on tv, his fanbase in Finland would still outnumber that of a driver of similar racing merits, similar behavior but different nationality.
it outnumbers a driver with different nationality, that is because a) He is german-finnish (finnish being the key word). b) His father is a finnish WDC

#91 Oho

Oho

• 7,254 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:52

Originally posted by TT6

Actually, he's not in any threat to loose his citizenship if he doesn't want to loose it. Only thing he has to do is to send a written announcement where he says he wants to keep his citizenship (before he turns 22).

Kansalaisuuslaki 34 § 2 mom 3 a) kohta:

I guess it has recently changed then as I remember a few years back or so some more concrete connection such as military service was considered sufficient for male, it wasn't simply a matter of announcement.

#92 tidytracks

tidytracks

• 1,569 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 16:21

OK, regardless of nationality have you seen this

Race against Nico

Set a quick laptime - top three laptimes overall win assorted signed goodies from big moments in GP2 2005 for Nico - ie first race win gloves, rain visor spa, and something from hockenheim when he set the points record...

It's frustrating but addictive!

Nice idea, too :up:

#93 De Weberis

De Weberis

• 836 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 16:46

No matter what happens...

Don't loose your Sissu, Nico.

#94 Jackman

Jackman

• 12,568 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 16:49

Originally posted by tidytracks
Race against Nico

Damn you. Damn you to hell :D

#95 tidytracks

tidytracks

• 1,569 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 17:15

Originally posted by Jackman
Damn you. Damn you to hell :D

:lol: I tried to warn you :p

#96 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,055 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 21:50

Keke is no officially manager of Nico.

Keke: "for long time I considered that its not good if father takes care of his son's contracts"

But now Keke has decided to guide Nico properly into F1 level.

#97 bern@rd

bern@rd

• 604 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 15:53

Originally posted by gerry nassar
Bernard, dont most people become fans of a driver when they see some sort of success from that driver? Many people became Michael Schumacher fans before his debut in Spa in 02 - while many others became fans after his first WDC for Ferrari in 00. Doesnt make them lesser fans. Same goes for any other driver.

So your comment is way out of line.

I'm fine with that, I just find it annoying how people are trying to find the smallest evidence of how finnish he is and are then bickering here about it. Nationality doesn't mean anything, no driver is good because of his nationality, nor does he owe anything to it. Nico understands this.

And this happened to coincide with the rumours of Kimi planning to leave finland after the latest stories about him in the finnish "quality" press.

And at the time of his success there was the same kind of shit talk and jealousy around about keke that is now happening with Kimi in finland. And my views are not just foreign stereotypes, I have lived in finland for a number of years now. You just cannot understand how much shit Kimi takes from the press and some of the people here. You would think people would be proud of him but no... unfortunately finns are a pretty jealous bunch. Though there are exceptions, mostly in the younger generation.

#98 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 4,852 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 16:31

Originally posted by tidytracks
OK, regardless of nationality have you seen this

Race against Nico

Set a quick laptime - top three laptimes overall win assorted signed goodies from big moments in GP2 2005 for Nico - ie first race win gloves, rain visor spa, and something from hockenheim when he set the points record...

Nice idea, too :up:

What s your best time? :D

#99 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 16:34

You just cannot understand how much shit Kimi takes from the press and some of the people here. You would think people would be proud of him but no... unfortunately finns are a pretty jealous bunch. Though there are exceptions, mostly in the younger generation.

Well, I have to agree with you 100%! Finns in general are of the jealous type... especially when it comes to our celebrities... sports or otherwise. :down:

It's quite pathetic, but it is sooo obvious by all the "haters" in either the media, or the Finnish BB's that I have visited. :

Advertisement

#100 petri

petri

• 1,618 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 17:29

And my views are not just foreign stereotypes, I have lived in finland for a number of years now. You just cannot understand how much shit Kimi takes from the press and some of the people here. You would think people would be proud of him but no... unfortunately finns are a pretty jealous bunch.

Wow, man you've got a problem there.. You sound so bitter that I really feel sorry for you.