Photo

Nico Rosberg

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
997 replies to this topic

#151 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 17:22

Because Massa and Barrichello are from Brazil.

They are from America. Just like Nico is from Europe. Both continents, not countries. As we have discussed before, I have never understood why Europe is sometimes almost seen as country by folks from USA. After all, the difference between USA and Brazil is comparable to difference between Finland and Turkey, for example. In terms of culture, language, whatever.

And yes, I´m aware micra_10 was kidding.

Advertisement

#152 baddog

baddog

• 23,029 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 17:27

Originally posted by Spunout

They are from America. Just like Nico is from Europe. Both continents, not countries. As we have discussed before, I have never understood why Europe is sometimes almost seen as country by folks from USA. After all, the difference between USA and Brazil is comparable to difference between Finland and Turkey, for example. In terms of culture, language, whatever.

BZZZ wrong answer. Dont you even remember your continents?

And its true that people from NORTH america broadly support NORTH american drivers, and a lot of SOUTH americans support SOUTH american drivers..

Shaun

#153 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 17:33

Originally posted by Speed_A
There's no such thing as finnish blood. Nationality is not written in genes.

So you dont think years of evolution has anything to do with ones genes? Interesting...

#154 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 17:40

BTW there is nothing wrong about being proud of your country, no matter what the anarchists say. :wave:

I take pride in the fact that Finland has only 5+million people and we kick ass in motorsports and hockey amongst many other things. I also beleive genes have whole hell of a lot to do with ones capabilities as an athlete...

#155 metz

metz

• 9,584 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 17:43

Why does every thread on Nico Rosberg degenerate into a discussion on his nationality?
Can we get off that for a while and talk about his prospects at Williams?
The match-up with Mark will be great. :clap:
It seems Frank has a lot of confidence in Nico and respects the wisdom and maturity the kid has shown so far.
I hope the two drivers can learn from each other.... :up: :up:
Not starting a Rosberg vs Webber thread here, but there should be no doubt that Mark will have the better year of the two. Rosberg is no Heidfeld and Webber has improved over the past year.
Yes, I'd say Webber should get double the points of Rosberg, if Williams get any points at all... :

#156 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 17:45

Originally posted by metz
Rosberg is no Heidfeld and...

Thank god! :up:

#157 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 55,890 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 17:50

America is used to refer to the United States of America. Just like United States is used to refer to United States of America. I dont see Mexicans getting jumpy at the useage of "United States"

#158 metz

metz

• 9,584 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 17:52

Originally posted by Menace

Thank god! :up:

If Nico can match Webber the way Nick did, he'll be my new hero... :smoking:

#159 Cosmograph

Cosmograph

• 1,082 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 18:03

Originally posted by baddog

And its true that people from NORTH america broadly support NORTH american drivers, and a lot of SOUTH americans support SOUTH american drivers..

Shaun

So Americans will cheer for a Canadian or Mexican driver then ... :rolleyes:

For a real 2nd generation nationality debate, I can't wait for the sons and/or daughters of Jean Alesi and Mika Salo to start racing ...

IIRC they are both married to Japanese women, so will it be Finnish or Japanese or French/Italian/Sicilian or Japanese.

The world has long changed chaps ... nationality is a product of residency ... not of genetics.

Advertisement

#160 Cosmograph

Cosmograph

• 1,082 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 18:10

BTW there is nothing wrong about being proud of your country, no matter what the anarchists say. :wave:

I take pride in the fact that Finland has only 5+million people and we kick ass in motorsports and hockey amongst many other things. I also beleive genes have whole hell of a lot to do with ones capabilities as an athlete...

So did Jimmy the Greek and Al Campanis in Sports and Philip Rushton in academia .. and look where that got them ...

Here is a bit of the ugly tale of Professor Rushton:

quote/

nor is racism. Philip Rushton, a psychology professor at the Univ. of Western Ontario, has become notorious for his views on race. He used results from standardised tests to assert that there are significant ‘racial’ differences in intelligence as shown by the scores. (A couple of American academics made similar claims about different ‘cognitive abilities’ of ‘racial’ groups in their book, The Bell Curve.)

- unlike most such theories, Rushton’s places Asians, not Caucasians, at the top of his list; Caucasians are second while blacks still rank very low. Rushton goes on to assert that this ranking also correlates with levels of sexual activity with Asians having much lower propensity while blacks have high propensity (I’m not sure how he measured or tried to prove this). This is simply a recrudescence of 19th C racism.

/quote

From ...

http://husky1.stmary...03/8Racism.html

Finnish people are reported to have one of the highest levels of alcohol consumption and alcoholism (I'm not being inflammatory .. ). Would you say that this is a product of "genetics" as well or of environment?

As you see, you can travel down an ugly path once you start debating in this manner.

#161 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 55,890 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 18:14

Top sportsmen have more in common with each other than their countrymen, they'd be good no matter where they're from.

#162 baddog

baddog

• 23,029 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 18:33

Originally posted by Cosmograph

So Americans will cheer for a Canadian or Mexican driver then ... :rolleyes:

For a real 2nd generation nationality debate, I can't wait for the sons and/or daughters of Jean Alesi and Mika Salo to start racing ...

IIRC they are both married to Japanese women, so will it be Finnish or Japanese or French/Italian/Sicilian or Japanese.

The world has long changed chaps ... nationality is a product of residency ... not of genetics.

Of course its nothing to do with genetics.. and United States fans might not usually cheer a mexican, but a canadian is a "local" in a sense isnt he? Its a bit sad to me, but many people ARE like that.

Shaun

#163 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 18:38

http://husky1.stmary...03/8Racism.html

Finnish people are reported to have one of the highest levels of alcohol consumption and alcoholism (I'm not being inflammatory .. ). Would you say that this is a product of "genetics" as well or of environment?

As you see, you can travel down an ugly path once you start debating in this manner.

Im not going to respond to your first question, cause Im not going ot be drawn into a racial debate about caucasians vs. blacks etc. :wave:

What comes to your second statement, yes I do beleive many of us Finns are prone to high levels of alcohol consumption, even amongst our top athletes.

Listen, if you guys dont think that folk that use to live on the middle of nowhere in the arctic didn't go through natural selection where only the strongest and smartest survive, I cant help you. The fact that the "northeners" have been known as tremendous physical specimen is no surprise considering the cultural and geographical backround of things. We have lived for generations in a very harsh cold climate, and it has for sure had some effect on our "genes" and our "attitudes". Finnish sisu being a prime example of this... something that Nico seems to cherish about his father as well.

From wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu

Sisu is a Finnish term that could be roughly translated to English as strength of will, determination, perseverance, acting rationally in the face of adversity. The equivalent in English is "to have guts", and indeed, the word derives from sisus, which means something inner or interior. To anthropologists, it is an appropriate invention for a cold northern land, fractured by thousands of lakes, and long under threat of being overwhelmed, militarily, linguistically and otherwise, by more powerful neighbours.

#164 Oho

Oho

• 7,254 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 19:05

[/B]

No imagination:

http://europa.eu.int.../echi_11_en.pdf

#165 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 19:07

Originally posted by Oho

No imagination:

http://europa.eu.int.../echi_11_en.pdf

Good ol' Irish! :smoking: :up:

#166 Mr. Duck

Mr. Duck

• 121 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 19:10

Originally posted by Arrow

He has finnish blood doesnt he? Hes genetically a finn isnt he? So hes a finn regardless of where he lives.

Yes - I am sure that somewhere deep inside Nico already knows that he is 100 % finnish...
Next year he will feel that his finnish blood is pulling himself out of Germany... to Finland... where his ancestors have lived since caveman times... his finnish blood will give him the edge over Webber... but that very same blood won't be satisfied until he admits that he is finnish...
he will start finnish lessons, or ask keke to quickly teach him finnish... he will start to THINK in finnish... in an english team he could forget german pretty soon.

#167 TT6

TT6

• 3,551 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 20:33

Finland has only 5+million people and we kick ass in motorsports and hockey...

Except we don't kick ass in hockey. There's one fluke world championship ten years ago*, before and after that nothing. And we're talking about sport that has so called world championships every year I wouldn't be too proud about that.

*And with a swedish coach

#168 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 20:33

Without critisizing other countries, we DO have schools that actually teach geography. I could refer you to some polls where students (I am no longer one but I do remember my continents, thank you) from several countries were asked about the location of Japan, Iraq, etc. But it may be you can guess the results ;)

How does this change the fact that there is continent called America? There is nothern/eastern Europe too, you know. Not to mention northern/eastern Finland, etc.

And I am not sure whether people from USA support Canadian and Mexican drivers, for example.

Next year he will feel that his finnish blood is pulling himself out of Germany... to Finland... where his ancestors have lived since caveman times... his finnish blood will give him the edge over Webber... but that very same blood won't be satisfied until he admits that he is finnish...

Heh. Except that his father was born in Sweden :D

#169 Dolk

Dolk

• 891 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 20:44

You bastard finns won't get this one too. We (swedes) have allready claimed him, ffs we havent had a decent driver since Ronnie!

Plus, Keke is swedish aswell ;)

#170 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,466 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 20:54

If a country is mad on a sport there's bound to be more people good at that sport, there's 60 Million in the UK if the country wasn't so mad on Football, Cricket, Rugby, Horseracing etc. etc. perhaps we'd have more F1 drivers. I wouldn't just work it out using the population of a country it depends very much on the cultural interests. If you ask the man in the street in the UK about F1 they don't have much interest and don't know that much about it. They will probably have heard of Michael Schumacher, Nigel Mansell people like that.
You'd have to investigate what interest there is.

#171 Menace

Menace

• 11,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 20:56

Originally posted by TT6

Except we don't kick ass in hockey. There's one fluke world championship ten years ago*, before and after that nothing. And we're talking about sport that has so called world championships every year I wouldn't be too proud about that.

*And with a swedish coach

You being self-critical as usual.

Finnish junior hockey programs have been probably the best in the world and it showing right now. There is tremendous amount of talent coming out of Finland right now.

Finnish Olympic team will be very, very competitive but this is completely OT.

Edit: And I guess some would consider Olympic Bronze and Silver, amongst silver medals from WC's and recent showing in the World Cup of Hockey "nothing"... but I prefer to give credit where it is due.

Cant wait for the Olympic team! :D :up:

#172 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 21:05

You'd have to investigate what interest there is.

Good point. It could be Finland has more F1 TV viewers than any other country, if you take 5-million population into account. What I´m happy about is even though there haven´t been that many Finnish F1 drivers, they all have been pretty good. Guys like Salo and Lehto weren´t champions, but defitenitely not poor either. It´s funny so many people here claim Finnish nationality is an "asset" (rather strange opinion if you ask me), but when I ask them to give the list of Finns who got to F1 thanks to nationality or any other asset except skill, nobody has managed to answer my question so far.

#173 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,526 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 21:17

All of these fights over nationality. Reminds of the fickleness of sports supporters.

Jamaican Newspapers
September 1988 - Ben Johnson - Jamaican born Ben Johnson breaks the 100m world record.

Months later - Canadian 100m sprinter, Ben Johnson tests positive.

Canadian Newspapers - Just change things around.

#174 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 21:29

Hehe. Finnish way can be described like this: "if you win, WE win...if you lose, YOU lose" ;)

#175 Piif

Piif

• 575 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 22:33

Hehe. Finnish way can be described like this: "if you win, WE win...if you lose, YOU lose" ;)

Haha, that is so true! :D

Speaking of nations and nationalism, take a look at this video:

http://media.putfile...ts-Of-America-3

:p

#176 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 22:50

Speaking of nations and nationalism, take a look at this video:

http://media.putfile...ts-Of-America-3

I assume this video was...parody of some kind?

Please don´t tell me this wasn´t the case :

#177 Piif

Piif

• 575 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 23:01

I don't really know what it is, just found it on a website.. :drunk:

#178 pio!pio!

pio!pio!

• 274 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 00:48

How does this change the fact that there is continent called America? There is nothern/eastern Europe too, you know. Not to mention northern/eastern Finland, etc.

The only flaw in that logic is this:
- There is a continent called Europe and you can say northern Europe or eastern Europe like you said.
- However for America, there are TWO continents...North American and South America are separate continents.

So by using your continent rule, a fan from Canada or USA or Mexico or other North American countries would not cheer Barrichello or Massa

#179 baddog

baddog

• 23,029 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:31

Without critisizing other countries, we DO have schools that actually teach geography. I could refer you to some polls where students (I am no longer one but I do remember my continents, thank you) from several countries were asked about the location of Japan, Iraq, etc. But it may be you can guess the results ;)

And I am not sure whether people from USA support Canadian and Mexican drivers, for example.

Heh. Except that his father was born in Sweden :D

There is no such continent as America

Shaun

Advertisement

#180 prettyface

prettyface

• 3,029 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:20

Originally posted by pio!pio!

However for America, there are TWO continents...North American and South America are separate continents.

Where does that leave Central America? is Panama in south America? Honduras in north America?

God, you people love an argument. All answers are right since there are several criterias. Depending on who you ask, you get 4, 5, 6, 7 continents. I was taught there was only one american continent. North, central and south America being only political subdivisions in the same way you divide east, central and western Europe.

#181 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,876 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:34

OK - enough. This isnt a discussion about geography. Get back on topic. Thanks.

#182 skinnylizard

skinnylizard

• 9,633 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:51

whats the guy like in terms of temprament? i mean is he a HHF or a JVi (in how he handles pressure)

#183 ensign14

ensign14

• 35,871 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:00

With typical German calm. Or Finnish calm.

#184 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 13:15

whats the guy like in terms of temprament? i mean is he a HHF or a JVi (in how he handles pressure)

He seems very calm, and certainly has been very good under pressure so far.

#185 Jackman

Jackman

• 12,568 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 13:20

I've spent a lot of time with him this year, and I wouldn't describe him as calm - I think he's incredibly focused, and has the rare ability to make some sort of goofy joke at exactly the right moment to cut through the tension before snapping back into focus and bringing his team with him.

#186 baddog

baddog

• 23,029 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 13:24

Originally posted by prettyface

Where does that leave Central America? is Panama in south America? Honduras in north America?

God, you people love an argument. All answers are right since there are several criterias. Depending on who you ask, you get 4, 5, 6, 7 continents. I was taught there was only one american continent. North, central and south America being only political subdivisions in the same way you divide east, central and western Europe.

you were taught wrong. Physically south and north america are completely different. Central america is what it says.. a linking piece between north and south america.

Shaun

#187 PK

PK

• 110 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 14:23

1. the video - wow, I am speechless, however I suggest that this problem is really not limited to America. You could probably do this kind of video also here. For instance a few years ago I met a seemingly ordinary Finn living in Helsinki who couldn't point out where Tallinn was on a map of Northern Europe. He searched for it in Russia. He also had no idea where Viipuri is. Also I think that most Finns, Ests would have difficulties finding countries like Albania, Venezuela, Lebanon or even Indonesia on the map. And that with what is probably one of the best public school system in the world.

Of course not recognising Australia is priceless.

2. continents aren't a matter of opinion, but established (as in agreed by scientists) facts

3. Nico seems a nice guy and I wish he'll do well. I cheered for his father as a kid even though he seemed and still seems like an arrogant git (not as bad as Mika Salo though). I like Heikki better personality wise and hope he'll do even better.

4. Nationality is a complex set of cultural, linguistic, religious and sometimes genetic or even political attributes which can be difficult to define as it differs from nation to nation. Mostly people inherit their nationality from their parents. Finnic people in general tend to link nationality mostly with mother tongue and as Nico does not share that it would seem to me that he is more German than a Finn. It doesn't really matter that much. As a son of Keke I see no reason why even the narrow-minded part of the Finns (or Ests, because as long we get an Est in F1 we will continue 'adopting' fellow ugrimugri Finns as our own:))couldn't cheer for him.

#188 petri

petri

• 1,618 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 15:01

Originally posted by PK
For instance a few years ago I met a seemingly ordinary Finn living in Helsinki who couldn't point out where Tallinn was on a map of Northern Europe. He searched for it in Russia. He also had no idea where Viipuri is.

*snip* As a son of Keke I see no reason why even the narrow-minded part of the Finns (or Ests, because as long we get an Est in F1 we will continue 'adopting' fellow ugrimugri Finns as our own:))couldn't cheer for him.

Oh dear.. How old he was? Sounds unbeliavable, I feel :blush: for him!

And BTW, we have kind of adopted Markko as well despite our own rally drivers. Let's hope he'll recover from that terrible accident! :up:

#189 T. Salama

T. Salama

• 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 15:04

Originally posted by PK
2. continents aren't a matter of opinion, but established (as in agreed by scientists) facts

Why don't we just take a look and see what Wikipedia has to say about continents :)

Geographic continents
Because geography is defined by local convention, there are several conceptions as to which landmasses qualify as continents. There are names for six, but America is often divided, and Europe is often united with Asia. Ignoring cases where Antarctica is omitted, there are half a dozen lists.
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Continents

So the argument is about different definitions, right?

Concerning Nico, I expect him to beat Webber next year.

#190 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 15:06

1. the video - wow, I am speechless, however I suggest that this problem is really not limited to America. You could probably do this kind of video also here. For instance a few years ago I met a seemingly ordinary Finn living in Helsinki who couldn't point out where Tallinn was on a map of Northern Europe. He searched for it in Russia. He also had no idea where Viipuri is.

Well not being able to pinpoint Tallinn is...umm, embarrassing.

Also I think that most Finns, Ests would have difficulties finding countries like Albania, Venezuela, Lebanon or even Indonesia on the map. And that with what is probably one of the best public school system in the world.

Yeah but most could either do it or at least get pretty close.

#191 mel

mel
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,853 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 15:22

Originally posted by gerry nassar
OK - enough. This isnt a discussion about geography. Get back on topic. Thanks.

What he said.

#192 metz

metz

• 9,584 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 15:31

Originally posted by T. Salama
Concerning Nico, I expect him to beat Webber next year.

Based on what, exacly?

#193 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,055 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 15:41

Looks like Webber is awfully friendly to Nico.
Even Keke has said that Webber has taken Nico as "shelter". Wonder how long this teach mode will go on, if Nico is fast to learn Webber is not going to dig is own grave forever.

#194 bern@rd

bern@rd

• 604 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 16:05

Originally posted by Mr. Duck

Yes - I am sure that somewhere deep inside Nico already knows that he is 100 % finnish...
he will start finnish lessons, or ask keke to quickly teach him finnish... he will start to THINK in finnish... in an english team he could forget german pretty soon.

His father is half finnish so Nico is 1/4 finnish.
It's funny as hell how the media over here goes nuts reporting this latest news of a new "finnish driver" and then they have to put subtitles on his interview made in Germany. Woohoo. :eek:

#195 jokuvaan

jokuvaan

• 4,055 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 16:09

"His father is half finnish"

He was born in Sweden because his finnish parents were working there if I remember correctly.

----

Ok I was wrong, his finnish parents were students there. (read formula1.com )

And what comes to Nico's finnish language skills, most likely he knows basics and understands far better than talks.
Also one guy who was Nico's and Keke's guide in Lapland few years ago talked finnish with Nico also.

And what comes living, Nico lives in Monaco not in Germany.
Does anybody know what age he was when they moved?

#196 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 16:12

Originally posted by baddog

you were taught wrong. Physically south and north america are completely different. Central america is what it says.. a linking piece between north and south america.

Shaun

Actually Central America is continent wise, South America. Its all very confusing isn't it. Take it from me though, I just wrote The Travellers Handbook published by Wexas and available in all good bookshops from the end of November in time for Christmas. What's more confusing in many ways though is how to term the Middle East, well its Asia really, but it doesn't really feel like it does it. And for your convenience: there are seven continents, all begining with 'A' except europe (and obviously after the north/south of the americas). I'm sure you know what they are, so I won't bore you with a list (unless you ask). Its also worth remembering that Wikipedia is NOT an authority on anything. Its edited by the masses. All those you argue with here have the power to change Wiki entries. It is a collection of perceptions. Bloody useful, but not an authority.

And on topic: To finish first, first you must be finnish. Is that right?!

#197 Spunout

Spunout

• 12,351 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 16:31

Actually Central America is continent wise, South America. Its all very confusing isn't it. Take it from me though, I just wrote The Travellers Handbook published by Wexas and available in all good bookshops from the end of November in time for Christmas. What's more confusing in many ways though is how to term the Middle East, well its Asia really, but it doesn't really feel like it does it. And for your convenience: there are seven continents, all begining with 'A' except europe (and obviously after the north/south of the americas). I'm sure you know what they are, so I won't bore you with a list (unless you ask).

There are different "models" - one has 7 continents, one has 6 continents, etc. To claim eg that 7-continent model is the only correct one and the other ones are completely wrong hints one hasn´t studied the subject properly. It is almost equivalent of claiming inches are correct and centimetres are wrong. Please note I am assuming you are aware of this...you are simply describing the 7-continent model (North America, South America, Antarctica, Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe).

Maybe it´s all about different school systems? I still remember we were teached from the beginning there are different models...favoured by different countries, different researchers (scientists, historians, etc) whereas it seems American schools teach there is one correct model - the one WE use - and the rest are wrong? To me that isn´t the right way, but to each of his own.

Now...I am going to obey gerry nassar and get back on topic:

And on topic: To finish first, first you must be finnish. Is that right?!

It is - unless your name is Schumacher :D

#198 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 16:47

There are different "models" - one has 7 continents, one has 6 continents, etc. To claim eg that 7-continent model is the only correct one and the other ones are completely wrong hints one hasn´t studied the subject properly. It is almost equivalent of claiming inches are correct and centimetres are wrong. Please note I am assuming you are aware of this...you are simply describing the 7-continent model (North America, South America, Antarctica, Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe).

Maybe it´s all about different school systems? I still remember we were teached from the beginning there are different models...favoured by different countries, different researchers (scientists, historians, etc) whereas it seems American schools teach there is one correct model - the one WE use - and the rest are wrong? To me that isn´t the right way, but to each of his own.

Please don't suggest I'm American. I'm just going from the continental plates. Physical things you know. There are Oceanic plates too, but without land, so no continent.
I just had to point out on that video link to the Americans standing up for themselves by saying that we were only able to see the video thanks to Americans inventing computers and the web. Pah! They're both English inventions. And I took some joy from pointing out that America was too! Don't jump on my back on that one, it's true, but jestful!
I do hope you were taught at school, not teached.
There is no point going down the relative route. If everything were to each his own, we'd be nowhere.
Its an interesting point about inches and centimetres though. What were people thinking before decimalisation? I mean its just so obvious a system.

#199 baddog

baddog

• 23,029 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 16:53

I could understand a model having eurasia.. but not one with one america. nico rosberg of course is eurasian ;)

Advertisement

#200 ensign14

ensign14

• 35,871 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 17:16

Originally posted by le chat noir
I'm just going from the continental plates. Physical things you know. There are Oceanic plates too, but without land, so no continent.

In which case Baja California is not in North America and India is in Australasia...