Photo

Is this a Deep Sanderson?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ian senior

ian senior

• 2,165 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:14

Looks more like a Diva Valkyr to me, but what do I know?

www.motorsnippets.com/cars/motor_racing/nick/nick

Advertisement

#2 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,232 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:16

Originally posted by ian senior
Looks more like a Diva Valkyr to me, but what do I know?

www.motorsnippets.com/cars/motor_racing/nick/nick

Not much, apparently...

The link didn't work.

#3 ian senior

ian senior

• 2,165 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:26

Oh bugger...try the same thing without the final "nick".

www.motorsnippets.com/cars/motor_racing/nick/

Sorry!

#4 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,232 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:20

Doesn't look like it to me... but it's a lot of years and I could be confused...

eldougo has a magazine article on the Deep Sanderson, I believe. Sports Car World some time in 1962/3.

#5 Maindrian Pace

Maindrian Pace

• 21 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:28

It's a Diva... By the way, Chris Lawrence is selling his old Deep Sanderson Le Mans car at the Bonhams sale at the Goodwood Revival...

#6 jo-briggs

jo-briggs

• 175 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 18:42

It doesn't look like the Diva Valkyr we made when I worked at Diva Cars in Camberwell in 1964/5. The original Diva Valkyr had a Hillman Imp engine tuned by Don Sim, as he considered that none of the other Imp engine builders could tune a radio (He was wrong....)

The Imp engine was replaced by a 1650 Ford and appeared, suffering from terminal understeer, at Snetterton driven by Mike Walton; who later went on to race a Fiat-Abarth with great success. I have no idea what happened to it after Diva suffered the fate of racing car manufacturers when their cars have become uncompetetive; and I was once again redundant!

#7 h4887

h4887

• 936 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 19:16

And the 'Alpina 108' looks more like an A210 to me

#8 Tweddell

Tweddell

• 114 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 17:52

The Diva Vakyr/Valkyrie were fitted with different engines. At 1000km Nürburgring 1966 (DNF) it had an Coventry Climax engine (FPF?), Mockfords Valkyrie later used a Lotus TwinCam unit, claerly visible in a Castrol Racing Oil advertizment in those days magazines, pictured with an opened bonnet from the rear.
Three cars were built, but never one with opened roof, this must have been cut in later.
Are there any alive. One Diva Valkyrie has been detached in germany, but only the chassis survived, converted with a selfmade open body to a hillclimb car. The chassis was subsequently sold to Italy.