Photo

The cutaway drawing and its artists

• Please log in to reply
13082 replies to this topic

#6151 fivestar

fivestar

• 283 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:16

IMy minor contribution and appologies for the quality. An Autocar cutaway of an Alta Racing Car #61s

Posted Image

Advertisement

#6152 PJGD

PJGD

• 72 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:07

There is a really excellent book that came out earlier this year, published by SAE and authored by two Brits; Jean-Pierre Pirault and Martin Flint, titled "Opposed Piston Engines, Evolution, Use and Future Applications". It is a book by engineers, for engineers and it has many engineering drawings within, some of which are in effect cut-aways.

This illustration below of the Leyland L60 opposed piston military engine is not from that book, although this engine is well covered within. I am not sure who the illustrator was, but as far as I can tell, the name under the engine appears to be "Collins". Enjoy!

Posted Image

PJGD

#6153 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:40

There is a really excellent book that came out earlier this year, published by SAE and authored by two Brits; Jean-Pierre Pirault and Martin Flint, titled "Opposed Piston Engines, Evolution, Use and Future Applications". It is a book by engineers, for engineers and it has many engineering drawings within, some of which are in effect cut-aways.

This illustration below of the Leyland L60 opposed piston military engine is not from that book, although this engine is well covered within. I am not sure who the illustrator was, but as far as I can tell, the name under the engine appears to be "Collins". Enjoy!

Posted Image

PJGD

Thanks for re-posting from the Technical Forum! It is Terry Collins - not one I had seen before, but a distinctive style, and a fascinating engine. The book sounds interesting, although I am surprised to learn that Jean-Pierre Pirault is British!

#6154 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:44

IMy minor contribution and appologies for the quality. An Autocar cutaway of an Alta Racing Car #61s

Posted Image

Thank you, very nice - I don't know if it has been posted before, I don't remember seeing it. Not that that means much. I like the heading, too - 'Britain's latest racing car' - it gives it much more importance, somehow.

#6155 TopGun

TopGun

• 11 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:20

Hi all, I can bring to you some other cutaways from the Fiat Group (files available on the press website):

Alfa Romeo 33 Q4 by Sitta
Posted Image

Alfa Romeo 164 by Sitta
Posted Image

Autobianchi Y10 by Sidotec
Posted Image

Fiat 124 Sport Spider by Unkwnown
Posted Image

Fiat 500L by Unkwnown
Posted Image

Lancia Delta HPE Turbo 16v by Unkwnown
Posted Image

Lancia Prisma by Bruno Betti better resolution than the other at page 119
Posted Image

Edited by TopGun, 20 September 2010 - 12:27.

#6156 Esprit

Esprit

• 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 13:22

Does exist cutaway Citoen Xantia? Thank you. Xantia with hydraulic suspension was my first car and most comfortable car what I know. Design from studio Bertone

#6157 DHFiallo

DHFiallo

• 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 15:26

Here's something new for you guys and gals: http://www.tjtechart.com. I have finally put together a rather crude web site. Learning html coding was very taxing on this old man's head. It will make Photoshop and Illustrator a piece of cake now. This site was done from a stock template but I will make a better one once I learn Dreamweaver and Wordpress.

Cheers, Tom

Very nice. Love the idea of the P - 51. I take it that they will have famous fighter pilot/squadron exteriors?

#6158 trauts

trauts

• 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 16:25

Here's something new for you guys and gals: http://www.tjtechart.com. I have finally put together a rather crude web site. Learning html coding was very taxing on this old man's head. It will make Photoshop and Illustrator a piece of cake now. This site was done from a stock template but I will make a better one once I learn Dreamweaver and Wordpress.

Cheers, Tom

Superb work Tom,
regards,
Stuart

#6159 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

• 101 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 16:49

Very nice. Love the idea of the P - 51. I take it that they will have famous fighter pilot/squadron exteriors?

Precisely. Also, not listed as a potential project is a cutaway of a Spitfire (not the car).

Advertisement

#6160 DHFiallo

DHFiallo

• 69 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 13:21

Precisely. Also, not listed as a potential project is a cutaway of a Spitfire (not the car).

I think that is a great idea. I have a print by Ernie Boyette of a P-51. It is signed by the artist and the pilot, and it is very nice. I like your idea and may have to search for some available wall space.

#6161 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 5,566 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 15:44

I was at Eckard Design. The offices were under a large Apartment block overlooking the Schillerteich, towards the centre of town. Just off the Berliner Ring.

I had to go into R&D at VW quite often.

I never had the chance to go to R&D I did get to see Halle 54 soon after it was started up I remember wondering then what they were going to do with the other 72,000 employees !

I recall there was a bloke in the intern accommodation who was working on the restyle design for the B2 Passat which came out in '85 I think.

Edited by arttidesco, 21 September 2010 - 15:45.

#6162 elno

elno

• 51 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 16:33

after a crash of my computer, all my mails lost and my autosport password forgotten , almost one year without post on this topic !

but i am back !! and i have plenty cutaway drawings to share with you :wave:

it will be hard to escape to me! vous voila prevenus !

but before that, i have to read the 90 new pages published on this topic since october 2009 ! :drunk:

see you soon.

#6163 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 16:58

after a crash of my computer, all my mails lost and my autosport password forgotten , almost one year without post on this topic !

but i am back !! and i have plenty cutaway drawings to share with you :wave:

it will be hard to escape to me! vous voila prevenus !

but before that, i have to read the 90 new pages published on this topic since october 2009 ! :drunk:

see you soon.

See you in another year, elno!

Edited by Tony Matthews, 21 September 2010 - 16:59.

#6164 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

• 101 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 17:33

See you in another year, elno!

Elno - Consider this: http://www.evelynwood.com.au/. You will catch up to the lead lap in no time.

Edited by Tom Johnson, 21 September 2010 - 17:33.

#6165 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 18:27

Elno - Consider this: http://www.evelynwood.com.au/. You will catch up to the lead lap in no time.

:lol: However, it's just taken me the best part of an hour to read the web page!

#6166 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 20:43

:lol: However, it's just taken me the best part of an hour to read the web page!

Tony,
This reminds me of the highly regarded Memory course that I picked up from the American Management Association ... nice big binder with cassettes (this was a few years ago). Put it in my office to check out during the summer when the schedule wasn't so crowded.
Wait for it ... a couple of years later when I saw that I could take some time to go through it, I couldn't remember where I had left it, and never did find it again.
What were we talking about???
Tom West

#6167 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 23:18

Folks, If you have been wondering where Macoran has been, the following note that he sent to me should explain:

Tom,
Just letting you know that I have major pc hickups, so I cannot access any sites, including TNF.
Just manage e-mail through I-phone and other gadgets, I can read but cannot respond to sites.
Would you give the cutaway chaps a shout that I am incapacitated for a while ?
cheers!
Marc

Consider this a shout ...
By the way, just to keep everyone up to speed, I think I posted that Marc had done me a real solid by sending me a couple of pages out of a December, 1964 Autocar magazine that had a drag racing illustration that I had never seen elsewhere. Considering that he caught up with his sister so she could pull a bunch of old reference material from their home in Thailand, bring it with her back to the Netherlands, then to be forwarded to me in California ... this was quite something.
The, the combined Postal Services got involved and, with an envelope that went out on August 4 not having arrived, it was presumed to be lost.
This morning, I gather that the Clipper Ship docked finally and the package was delivered, none the worse for wear. I was almost expecting to get a storage bill with it.
Anyway, this is quite something, as I am not sure how I could ever have replaced those pages for Marc, or to have found it again for myself. I can find guys with all sorts of US magazine collections here, but Autocar would not be a very common find.
Anyway, thought you would appreciate knowing that things actually come together on occasion.

As indicated, Marc will be back when the computer gets sorted.
Tom West

#6168 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 23:27

As indicated, Marc will be back when the computer gets sorted.
Tom West

Thanks Tom, at least it's computer problems, not personal ones - I was getting a little concerned.

#6169 mgs315

mgs315

• 325 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 23:34

Cheers, Tom

Wow, I'm loving those Vans aircraft. The RV-7A looks great! Could possibly be helping out in building one of those soon.

#6170 smarjoram

smarjoram

• 344 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:12

Here's a sketch of a project I'm working on. It's just the engine (big Pratt & Whitney R985 radial) portion which will plug in to the 1930 Gee Bee Model Z cutaway. This plane is one of my all-time favorites and should make a really cool illustration. For those of you unfamiliar with the Gee Bee Model Z, it was the featured plane (yellow w/ black scallops) in the movie 'The Rocketeer'. The engine drawing measures 9" X 11" and the whole plane drawing is 26" X 40".

http://img833.images...gine001copy.jpg

Looks great - I would put it on my wall as it is. Still, looking forward to seeing the finished thing.

#6171 elno

elno

• 51 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 20:09

thanks for your "encouragements"

i will do my best :cry:

#6172 CVA

CVA

• 248 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:27

incredible: one page without drawings!!So i send a vic berris:maserati a6gs but the quality is not very good ,may be somebody has a better definition
Posted Image

#6173 CVA

CVA

• 248 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:37

a new allington: a ford zephir,but it's not a racing car,sorry
Posted Image

#6174 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:36

a new allington: a ford zephir,but it's not a racing car,sorry
Posted Image

That brings back some memories! We had to do a fair number of parts-list illustrations, as well as Jim's cutaway, and one of these (a Zodiac, I think) was driven from Ford at (again I think) Dunton, to the studio, and I was offered a drive in it. I did about 10 miles, I suppose, in this vast, grey, wallowy monster. It was like navigating an aircraft carrier with the acre of flat tin bonnet (hood!) stuck out front - mind you, I was a Mini driver at the time, that may have influenced my judgement. Asked what I thought on returning, what could I say to the two Ford men other than "Wonderful, superb, so quiet and comfortable!"? The worst car I have ever driven.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Paying more for the Zodiac gave you some more instruments...

Edited by Tony Matthews, 23 September 2010 - 07:51.

#6175 Motocar

Motocar

• 240 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:58

I am return to the Forum, Cadillac Allante 1992, news engine 4.6 liters North Star and others details. Design published by Cadillac, web AUTOWP.RU

Posted Image

#6176 DHFiallo

DHFiallo

• 69 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 13:47

I am return to the Forum, Cadillac Allante 1992, news engine 4.6 liters North Star and others details. Design published by Cadillac, web AUTOWP.RU

Posted Image

David Kimble ?

#6177 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

• 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 14:47

David Kimble ?

Yes. Definitely.

#6178 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:03

OK, folks. I have another influx of illustrations, although they aren't going to be as good as I would like them to be. These were copied from the covers of old Haynes Manuals on a Xerox copier when I was doing a couple of illustrations for them back in the '90s. I am not quite sure how many of these that I have, but they lose much in the translation on that old copier, but it is what I now have to work with. This will start the first batch, so let me know if these are worth the effort for the group.
We start with a Volkswagen Type 3, as it was called, from 1972. All of these are going to be by Terry Davey, as I am sure most of you are aware.
Tom West

Posted Image

#6179 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:09

Another of those Haynes Volkswagens, the 411. By Terry Davey for the 1972 version of the Manuals.
Tom West

Posted Image

Advertisement

#6180 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:11

Another Terry Davey cover for the 1972 Haynes Manual on the Triumph TR-6.
Tom West

Posted Image

#6181 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:20

This is Terry Davey's rendition of the 1972 Saab 95.
Remember that these aren't generally done for the most exciting cars on the road, just the ones that will be around longest or in the greatest numbers. This is the bread-and-butter stuff out there. Sort of sad to see the cutaways taken off of the covers and replaced by some of the most unremarkable photography of cars that I have ever seen. Based on their marketing research, they were afraid that their customers would think it was difficult to work on cars if the cover illustrations were too complex in appearance. Ya think???
Tom West

Posted Image

#6182 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:23

Not exactly one of my favorite Mercedes-Benz offerings, but Haynes produced a Manual for the 1972 280 coupe, illustrated by Terry Davey.

Tom West

Posted Image

#6183 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:26

I don't know about their popularity internationally, but the old Datsun 240ZX was very popular here, especially Southern California. The Terry Davey illustration represented the 1972 model for the cover of the Haynes manual, dated 1974 when the book came out.
Tom West

Posted Image

#6184 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:34

Evidently published in 1977, the Haynes Manual on the little Chevrolet LUV mini-pickup started coverage with the 1972 modelyear. This little truck was based on the Isuzu Pickup, and was introduced the day after we were all "forced" to watch an anti-Japanese car film from General Motors. This looked like something from World War II, with little yellow slanted eyes looking out of the interiors and trunks of lines of little bubble-like cars being off-loaded from their transport ships in a cartoon style that looked like an Army training film of an earlier generation. Seemed pretty hypocritical to me that the corporation could re-badge an Isuzu to make it a Chevrolet, but their employees didn't have the right to buy the car as an Isuzu for themselves.
And everyone wonders what happened to General Motors ... not me.
Tom West

Posted Image

#6185 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:37

This was one of the most popular of the standard-sized American cars of its day, the Chevrolet Caprice for 1972. My parents had a couple of these over the years, and they both went on for long after they sold it to a second owner. Again, a Terry Davey effort for the cover of the Haynes Manual.
Tom West

Posted Image

#6186 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:42

Last one for the evening, my friends. A little tribute to the home Islands ... the little Austin Maxi from 1972, Not sure how they ended up with all the cars from the 1972 modelyear, but I seemed to have started out with them. Terry Davey for Haynes, for the record.
More after the weekend, I am sure.
Tom West

Posted Image

#6187 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:35

Thanks for all those Tom - you put a lot of effort into this. I must admit to not realising how many cutaways Terry Davey did, mainly because I never spent any time perusing the Haynes manuals in my local Halfords store, just grabbed the one I wanted. I should have paid more attention! You are right about the current cover 'art', most uninteresting, and if the complexity of Terry Davey's work was supposed to be frightening buyers, I would have thought the simplistic nature of the current offerings would do the same, for the reverse reason.

Edited by Tony Matthews, 24 September 2010 - 07:35.

#6188 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:31

Thanks for all those Tom - you put a lot of effort into this. I must admit to not realising how many cutaways Terry Davey did, mainly because I never spent any time perusing the Haynes manuals in my local Halfords store, just grabbed the one I wanted. I should have paid more attention! You are right about the current cover 'art', most uninteresting, and if the complexity of Terry Davey's work was supposed to be frightening buyers, I would have thought the simplistic nature of the current offerings would do the same, for the reverse reason.

Just wish that I had run better copies to start with. I almost killed the suspension on my old GTO when I drug all of that stuff out of the Haynes Archive ... and I had to do it in two sets.
I ended up taking the first illustration and spending a ton of time "simplifying" it to meet the new lower detail standards, when the managers that I worked wiht slunk out of the room from the boss. He explained that their research showed that the detailed drawing scared people off from working on their cars, thus reducing the sale of the Manuals. Personally, my feeling was that the better the drawing on the cover, the more the assumption that the inside really had something going on. This is that typical marketing research when they don't really know their customer' general public gets researched rather than the folks who actually work on their cars in the first place.
We used to go through this crap in the modelkit business because the new management group would feel like they were so much smarter than the old guys. Ah, well; behind me now.
I have about 450 or so of these Terry Davey Haynes illustrations, fyi, and I have no idea how many of them there would be in total.
Tom West

#6189 alansart

alansart

• 3,970 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:45

Personally, my feeling was that the better the drawing on the cover, the more the assumption that the inside really had something going on. This is that typical marketing research when they don't really know their customer' general public gets researched rather than the folks who actually work on their cars in the first place.

I couldn't agree more.

There's probably another reason that they now use a photo of the car with just a bit of the bonnet cutaway - it's cheaper!

Such is progress :(

#6190 Motocar

Motocar

• 240 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:17

This was one of the most popular of the standard-sized American cars of its day, the Chevrolet Caprice for 1972. My parents had a couple of these over the years, and they both went on for long after they sold it to a second owner. Again, a Terry Davey effort for the cover of the Haynes Manual.
Tom West

Posted Image

Chevrolet Caprice 1977, the model 72 is enormous car....
Success

#6191 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:36

Posted Image

Posted Image

A great car - what the MGC should have been. What a lost oppertunity.

Posted Image

The more I look at these the more I wonder - there are striking differences, not just in how much is cutaway, but in style. Obviously, available information, as has been discussed before, and short dead-lines, ditto, have an effect on the finished artwork, but that doesn't seem to give all the answers here. If there was a chronological simplification I could understand that either Terry Davey was getting tired/fed up - it happens to us all at some stage - or the order had come down from above, "Make 'em simpler!" However, looking at the dates, it is a bit random. So, did Mr Davey farm some of the work out? Was he cramped for time and info? Was he pressured into simplification? I think we should be told...

#6192 TopGun

TopGun

• 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 15:44

My contribution for this page, all Mitsubishi Ralliart cars:

Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 2004 by ETAI

Posted Image

Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution MPR14 by ETAI

Posted Image

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer by ETAI

Posted Image

Hope you like them!!! :)

#6193 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 15:44

A great car - what the MGC should have been. What a lost oppertunity.

The more I look at these the more I wonder - there are striking differences, not just in how much is cutaway, but in style. Obviously, available information, as has been discussed before, and short dead-lines, ditto, have an effect on the finished artwork, but that doesn't seem to give all the answers here. If there was a chronological simplification I could understand that either Terry Davey was getting tired/fed up - it happens to us all at some stage - or the order had come down from above, "Make 'em simpler!" However, looking at the dates, it is a bit random. So, did Mr Davey farm some of the work out? Was he cramped for time and info? Was he pressured into simplification? I think we should be told...

I would think that they might have tried to simplify for the US market a bit more than the international. When I did my first piece (out of three), I was specifically told that they had done research and that when the cover was too detailed, their customers felt it was too difficult to work on the cars. They had brought in David Kimble and he had been doing them (his team, anyway) for a year or so, and it is the most simplistic thing you will ever see over his signature, so they had been down-detailing for a while.
As to Terry Davey, I think I have more copies of his cutaways from Haynes than any other automotive cutaway artist, and I know that there has to be quite a long list of others that I don't have. If they had stuck with the simple cutaways, I could understand, and they certainly could have gotten those done much more cheaply than the Kimble pieces, but to go from the detailed cutaways to horrid photos of rental cars seem to not be a good marketing tactic either. Of course, we are seeing a trend away from anyone actually working on their own cars, too.
Another major change in the marketplace.
Tom West

#6194 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 16:55

Damn, I am stupid. I just realized what was going on with the Russian site that has all of the cutaways ... they are monitoring this, and other sites, and lifting the stuff ...

Not sure where else it would have originated, but they just put up a few of my Haynes reworks from last night.

Not sure what I had expected, but I guess it is to be expected.

If ya don't want it spread around, don't post online ... seems easy enough to remember.

Tom West

#6195 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

• 101 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 00:58

Here's another taste of the Gee Bee Model Z project I'm working on.

http://img27.imagesh.../geebeez001.jpg

#6196 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 21:18

Well, as quiet as everyone has been, I hope you are enjoying a weekend at the seaside or some such pleasurable pursuit. I have another group of those Haynes illustrations that I am cleaning a bit and sizing to include, so maybe a few more this evening, just to stimulate some action.
Tom West

#6197 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,491 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 22:45

Well, as quiet as everyone has been, I hope you are enjoying a weekend at the seaside or some such pleasurable pursuit.

I've had quite a busy time, mainly hanging around in Hospitals, as on Saturday morning, watching the snooker on TV whilst waiting for F1, I suddenly realised that one of the balls had disappeared without being potted. When I shifted my gaze that ball reappeared, and another one went - so, off to Accident and Emergency just incase it was the start of a stroke, or summat. Then off to a specialist this morning to have my eye-balls scanned with a light so bright it made the hair on the back of my head curl and start to smoke. It appears I have an inflammation of the aqueous humour. Quite how a jelly-like fluid can be inflamed I don't know, but as I slightly upset one of the lady Doctors at the first hospital by coming on to her, I think the specialist at the second hospital must have been warned, because she wasn't very forthcoming with the info. Perhaps she was just a bit reticent by nature. Or jealous.

Anyway, eye-drops and blood tests are the order of the day, so I haven't had my mind on cutaways, apart from admiring Tom Johnson's lovely bit of construction work. Now the Child Bride is back from a week in Ireland, and brought my sister with her, and my sister's 375-year-old dog that she speaks to all the time as if it was a human child. The dog is going deaf, as is my sister, so I have to put up with a mad woman shouting conversationally at a shivering whippet, and demanding that the television is turned up to only slightly sub-Spinal Tap volume so she can hear programs that I don't want to watch. Death, where is thy sting...

Thank you Tom, for your enthusiasm and devotion to duty...

#6198 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

• 101 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 23:25

I've had quite a busy time, mainly hanging around in Hospitals, as on Saturday morning, watching the snooker on TV whilst waiting for F1, I suddenly realised that one of the balls had disappeared without being potted. When I shifted my gaze that ball reappeared, and another one went - so, off to Accident and Emergency just incase it was the start of a stroke, or summat. Then off to a specialist this morning to have my eye-balls scanned with a light so bright it made the hair on the back of my head curl and start to smoke. It appears I have an inflammation of the aqueous humour. Quite how a jelly-like fluid can be inflamed I don't know, but as I slightly upset one of the lady Doctors at the first hospital by coming on to her, I think the specialist at the second hospital must have been warned, because she wasn't very forthcoming with the info. Perhaps she was just a bit reticent by nature. Or jealous.

Anyway, eye-drops and blood tests are the order of the day, so I haven't had my mind on cutaways, apart from admiring Tom Johnson's lovely bit of construction work. Now the Child Bride is back from a week in Ireland, and brought my sister with her, and my sister's 375-year-old dog that she speaks to all the time as if it was a human child. The dog is going deaf, as is my sister, so I have to put up with a mad woman shouting conversationally at a shivering whippet, and demanding that the television is turned up to only slightly sub-Spinal Tap volume so she can hear programs that I don't want to watch. Death, where is thy sting...

So sorry to hear of your situation, Tony. As a suggestion to a remedy, I'd refrain from the harsh invitation by the grim reeper....how 'bout one (or more) adult beverages? - the high-octane variety. Just be sure that any of the ingredients of the beverage don't interfere in a hazardous way with any of the meds you are being treated with.

Edited by Tom Johnson, 26 September 2010 - 23:26.

#6199 TWest

TWest

• 1,411 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:07

And, thank you for the wonderfully evocative description of a dicey weekend. You should be doing standup with some of this stuff ... at least writing it.
Not sure if those new Davey things will be going tonight ... actually, checking the old clock on the wall (actually, at the top of the computer screen), probably not.
But, they are going to get done in the next couple of days.
Let's see if anyone else has things to add ...
Tom West

Advertisement

#6200 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:53

It appears I have an inflammation of the aqueous humour.

I see.