Photo

The cutaway drawing and its artists

• Please log in to reply
13275 replies to this topic

#7901 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:33

Thanks for checking, Tom. I'm glad I asked now, I should have spoken up earlier.

It is a rather mundane request though. I was sent an article by a friend, from one of those online academic database things. It looks like a Haynes commercial hand-out type thing. Near the bottom you will see a rather shabby looking scan of the Renault 30 cutaway.

http://elibrary.bigc...120498#citation

So, you see, nothing as potentially controversial as actual ownership :stoned: . More, the following up of a lead, coupled with still not actually owning the Haynes 'compilation' cutaway book.

I am not even going to look in the Haynes book, as the drawings are bound into the book across a seam up the middle of the two-page spreads. I would have rather had well-printed one-page drawings than have that big gutter running up the center of an illustration. There are aviation books like that .. you almost have to pick up one to cut up ... although I have a feeling that is not one of the problems that a publisher will try to solve for us ...
Tom West

Advertisement

#7902 JCE72

JCE72

• 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:19

Came to this board/topic by coincidence, and could remember I had some old drawings be useful here too... so let me add a few of them that I haven't seen yet as a start...

Toyota Corolla

Posted Image

Datsun Cherry 100A

Posted Image

DAF 55

Posted Image

Joël.

#7903 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:14

I am not even going to look in the Haynes book, as the drawings are bound into the book across a seam up the middle of the two-page spreads. I would have rather had well-printed one-page drawings than have that big gutter running up the center of an illustration. There are aviation books like that .. you almost have to pick up one to cut up ... although I have a feeling that is not one of the problems that a publisher will try to solve for us ...
Tom West

Edit: I should have known that link wouldn't work. I'll have to do it the manual way.

Here is the material, 'loose'. The most pertinent images + the general blurb of the release, from 2010 in the form of captions..

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Reading from top left to right.

Images 1-3. John Haynes OBE, in his office.
Images 4-9. Working on producing the latest Haynes manuals.
Images 11-14. Haynes buildings.
Image 15. John Haynes OBE, in his office.
Image 16. Working on a car in the 1970s.
Image 17. At the drawing board.
Image 18. A rather shabby looking scan of the Renault 20/30?
Image 19. John Haynes, founder of Haynes publishing is seen at the wheel of a Austin Seven which is the car the first manual was based on.

Apart from the image of Terry Davey (at drawing board), I don't know if any of this material is also included in the Haynes book itself, or is it just press release?

Edited by werks prototype, 13 February 2011 - 14:08.

#7904 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:17

Came to this board/topic by coincidence, and could remember I had some old drawings be useful here too... so let me add a few of them that I haven't seen yet as a start...

Toyota Corolla

Posted Image

Datsun Cherry 100A

Posted Image

DAF 55

Posted Image

Joël.

Brilliant stuff. :up:

#7905 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:49

[quote name='simplebrother' date='Oct 26 2010, 17:54' post='4673132']
another Bugatti... not yet cleaned up
Posted Image
Bugatti 35 - 1926 - by Richard Morris

cleaned version - folds, creases, shadows, etc. removed
Posted Image

Peter

#7906 fnqvmuch

fnqvmuch

• 112 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:11

wonderful - Peter - worth doing
( i wouldn't have thought i would be saying that; i had found the effect kinda cute )
and very nicely done too.
steven

Edited by fnqvmuch, 14 February 2011 - 15:54.

#7907 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:33

Thanks for checking, Tom. I'm glad I asked now, I should have spoken up earlier.

It is a rather mundane request though. I was sent an article by a friend, from one of those online academic database things. It looks like a Haynes commercial hand-out type thing. Near the bottom you will see a rather shabby looking scan of the Renault 30 cutaway.

http://elibrary.bigc...120498#citation

So, you see, nothing as potentially controversial as actual ownership :stoned: . More, the following up of a lead, coupled with still not actually owning the Haynes 'compilation' cutaway book.

Werks,
Just fyi, I did the initial scans on the Renault 20 and 30 for you, in addition to a couple of Accords and other related Hondas, and one or two others today. In the file with a batch of others that I haven't gotten to from the Davey works.
Will try to get those for you shortly.
Tom West

#7908 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:05

Werks,
Just fyi, I did the initial scans on the Renault 20 and 30 for you, in addition to a couple of Accords and other related Hondas, and one or two others today. In the file with a batch of others that I haven't gotten to from the Davey works.
Will try to get those for you shortly.
Tom West

Great, thanks, Tom. I get my Renaults, and Marc gets his Honda Accord.

I am miffed as to why the Renaults haven't already appeared here. Are the Renaults even in the Haynes compilation book?

Regardless, the completist in me looks forward to finally seeing some decent scans. At one time I thought they may have even been unpublished material (I wonder if there is much of that in the Haynes archive?)

Thanks once again, Tom.

#7909 312f1

312f1

• 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:11

An Amphicar side section here http://www.autominde.....mphicar 5.jpg
edited: ...plus other interesting stuff in this site as I keep digging...

Edited by 312f1, 15 February 2011 - 11:15.

#7910 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,564 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 16:24

One which is not on the master list so far. The Gemini mk2. Formula Junior car from 1960.
A Theo Page drawing from Autosport january 8 1960. Due copyright noted, for information and educational purposes. My apologies if it is cropped, but I had to copy the whole thing from A3 to A4 then scan it at 95% ratio. Click on the image and it appears full size with no lost edges.
Posted Image
Roger Lund

Edited by bradbury west, 15 February 2011 - 16:32.

#7911 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 17:00

Great, thanks, Tom. I get my Renaults, and Marc gets his Honda Accord.

I am miffed as to why the Renaults haven't already appeared here. Are the Renaults even in the Haynes compilation book?

Regardless, the completist in me looks forward to finally seeing some decent scans. At one time I thought they may have even been unpublished material (I wonder if there is much of that in the Haynes archive?)

Thanks once again, Tom.

Werks,
I would doubt there would be unused material, as the illustrations are done during the time that the manuals were prepped. They would have been pretty invested in something to drop it at that point, i would think.
A shame that they have gone over to the crap photos they currently use ... like one of those Pennysaver ads where the guy comes and shoots a pic in your driveway to go with the add ... really slick for the cover of a book that used to use these for their presentation.
I have, in addition to the ones already posted, probably 300 of these to go. Not on a completion schedule, however.
Tom West

#7912 john winfield

john winfield

• 1,032 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 17:38

If anyone is passing through Melton Mowbray in England, you might want to pop into the Age Concern Charity Shop (good cakes and tea) on Nottingham Road. On their shelves, at £3.95, is a used jigsaw based on Tony Matthews' excellent cutaway of the Maserati 250F.

#7913 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 18:00

If anyone is passing through Melton Mowbray in England, you might want to pop into the Age Concern Charity Shop (good cakes and tea) on Nottingham Road. On their shelves, at £3.95, is a used jigsaw based on Tony Matthews' excellent cutaway of the Maserati 250F.

:eek: That needs to be nabbed!

(I'm about 140 miles South from Melton Mowbray :down: )

#7914 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 18:13

One which is not on the master list so far. The Gemini mk2. Formula Junior car from 1960.
A Theo Page drawing from Autosport january 8 1960. Due copyright noted, for information and educational purposes. My apologies if it is cropped, but I had to copy the whole thing from A3 to A4 then scan it at 95% ratio. Click on the image and it appears full size with no lost edges.
Posted Image
Roger Lund

I wonder if the PM-Poggi was also committed to cutaway form? I'm constantly surprised at the obscure (to me) F.Jr, examples that have so far emerged. An indicator of the obvious demand, at the time, I think.

Edited by werks prototype, 15 February 2011 - 18:59.

#7915 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 18:14

Werks,
I would doubt there would be unused material, as the illustrations are done during the time that the manuals were prepped. They would have been pretty invested in something to drop it at that point, i would think.
A shame that they have gone over to the crap photos they currently use ... like one of those Pennysaver ads where the guy comes and shoots a pic in your driveway to go with the add ... really slick for the cover of a book that used to use these for their presentation.
I have, in addition to the ones already posted, probably 300 of these to go. Not on a completion schedule, however.
Tom West

:up:

#7916 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 23:32

Posted Image
Lotus 25 detail. By Herbert Müdsam.

#7917 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 23:38

Posted Image
Ferrari 575M Maranello. Artist unknown.

Posted Image
Ferrari 575M Maranello. Chassis. Not a cutaway. Artist unknown.

Posted Image
Ferrari 575M Maranello. Clutch assembly. Artist unknown.

Posted Image
Ferrari 575M Maranello. Gearbox and differential. Artist unknown.

Posted Image
Ferrari 575M Maranello. F1 Gearbox. Not a cutaway. Artist unknown.

#7918 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 23:46

The ingredients for a DIY Vauxhall cutaway. Almost.

Posted Image
Vauxhall Cavalier steering column. By R.J.Way.

Posted Image
Vauxhall Cavalier double-wishbone independent front suspension. By R.J.Way.

Posted Image
Vauxhall Cavalier rear suspension, 'live' axle, torque tube. By R.J.Way.

Posted Image
Vauxhall Cavalier GL, Clutch and four-speed Gearbox By R.J.Way.

#7919 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:41

Marc,
I am going to start with your request on the Honda Accord. There are two, the first being the earlier model that I show as being the 1977, although that is the date on the Manual. The second Accord is the 1986 model.
Just to make sure the reference is shown correctly, these are Terry Davey illustrations from the covers of the Haynes Manuals on these cars.
I am finding it interesting to see the development of a car in this way, and hope you guys do, too.
Hope that this helps with whatever you were trying to do.
Tom West

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisement

#7920 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:47

Werks,
I will now proceed to your Renault 30 request, which is the first of the two included here. The second is the obviously related Renault 20.
I show both of these Terry Davey illustrations as being 1980 models
Note that these were just photocopied from the covers, and some of the covers were rather used and scratched, while others were not. Also, the copier would certainly vary over time as to quality, intensity, detail, etc. Wish I had the scanner that I currently use.
I hope that these help.

Tom West

Renault 30
Posted Image

Renault20
Posted Image

#7921 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:08

Werks,
I will now proceed to your Renault 30 request, which is the first of the two included here. The second is the obviously related Renault 20.
I show both of these Terry Davey illustrations as being 1980 models
Note that these were just photocopied from the covers, and some of the covers were rather used and scratched, while others were not. Also, the copier would certainly vary over time as to quality, intensity, detail, etc. Wish I had the scanner that I currently use.
I hope that these help.

Tom West

Renault 30
Posted Image

Renault20
Posted Image

It is certainly an interesting thing, to take in, all at once, the variants of a particular model, in cutaway sequence.

Did you know that the 30 is technically older than the 20? You have posted them in the correct order!

I wonder what the odds of ever finding a cutaway example of Marreau's Dakar winning Renault 20 Turbo 4x4 are?

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

And probably even less likely, and even more specialized, a cutaway of the sinister, Ceauşescu variant/version (re-paint) of the 20. The Dacia 2000.

Thanks once again, Tom. :up:

#7922 CVA

CVA

• 248 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 19:37

Trimax f3 1950 by Vic Berris
Posted Image

#7923 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 19:53

Trimax f3 1950 by Vic Berris
Posted Image

Post that on the trimax thread and some guys will go raving !!

#7924 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 19:55

Are the Renaults even in the Haynes compilation book?

Yes they are wp, the 4 / 16 / 5/ 20TS / 14 and the Fuego

#7925 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 20:11

It is certainly an interesting thing, to take in, all at once, the variants of a particular model, in cutaway sequence.

Did you know that the 30 is technically older than the 20? You have posted them in the correct order!

I wonder what the odds of ever finding a cutaway example of Marreau's Dakar winning Renault 20 Turbo 4x4 are?

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

And probably even less likely, and even more specialized, a cutaway of the sinister, Ceauşescu variant/version (re-paint) of the 20. The Dacia 2000.

Thanks once again, Tom. :up:

By the time I get around to doing all of those Haynes covers, there will be many series of particular models that should show the advancement of the state of the art in automotive production from various manufacturers.
As to those Dakar Rally cars, not sure that I have much in the files. I think I have gotten more of that stuff out of this board than from the publications that I have scavenged for my other materials.
Tom West

#7926 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 20:51

Marc,
I am going to start with your request on the Honda Accord. Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks very much Tom !
They aren't in the Haynes book but I knew they had been done because I had a Dutch service manual on the 1977 one with the cutaway.
Before I "came down" with the cutawaybug it had already become smudged.

Some story behind my first Accord.
The family was very much Ford orientated, because uncle Wim was MD at Automobile Industrie Rotterdam, The local Ford people.
I had started earning proper money and was looking for a new car.
My Fiat 850s / 127s and 127 Abarths wre all run into the ground and the new "round arse" Scorpio was to be launched soon.
Uncle Wim still had some Granada Ghia 2.8 models in stock loaded with all the options....the whole kit and kaboodle !!
He was getting rid of them and near cost, and told me, Marco..grab your chance and grab one cheap !!!
Uncle was going to warn me when the last one was going to go and he'd do me a special price to empty the showroom.

As well said and done, the great day arrived and uncle called me to say he had put in an option on my behalf, and I was going to be
the proud owner of a bronzey coloured 2.8 Granada Ghia.
It was actually a base factory Ghia, but had been locally upgraded with every accessory they could find.

I had the car six months !! what horror !!

Ran into the office on the morning after delivery and am proudly looking down on it from my third level office to see the sunroof has been fitted off-centre.
Oh my god I say to a colleague ...Look at that !!!!... he agreed and we run downstairs with our tape measure and the damn thing was 15mm out !!!
Called my uncle !
Driving into the workshop next day to show the sunroof and a loud noise and clouds of steam from under the bonnet ( the hood Tom :D )
....the radiator had blown !!.
It was one of those-then new fangled radiators where the upper and lower case were glued to the core.

The sunroof job was solved by fitting a wider one for a Chevrolet Impala, and the radiator was replaced.. warranty (of course)
Picked the car up and ran home, accelerating up the ramp to the motorway the revs suddenly shot off the tacho, what the f ....?
The direct drive shaft in the auto tranny had snapped !! I could use every other gear position in the box except D.
As I wanted to get home I slugged it along in L, and thought what the hell....uncle is going to bleed for this !
Next morning, guess what ? Hey I live in Holland...it rains sometimes !! I sat my rear end in a sogging wet drivers seat, THE SUNROOF HAD LEAKED !!!
Back to uncle's place.........I made it...barely !!!
As I hooked the Granada through the roundabout at Marconiplein, the power steering pump failed !
Try getting a lump like that Granada through a turn with no power steering ! the good Lord's ears are still red with all the terms of non-endearment I could
mouth-off at that moment.

Ahhh family ties !!! they can be a blessing and a curse.
For the sake of family ties I endured that car for 6 months.
I shan't bother you all with too may details, but it was in for
3 new auto gearboxes
8 radiators
2 power steering pumps
2 sunroofs
1 engine ( the over revving !!)

My lovely lady had landed a new job around that time and we had ordered the 4 headlamp Accord for her.
I had picked the car up and driven it home and was enthused by it's handling an performance.
It was one of the first three speed automatics (the 1977 was a two speed)
The next morning as I went to work (at Fruehauf trailers near the AIR place) in the Granada I noticed that they had gutted out the showroom.

In a blink I ran the Granada up the sidewalk through the showroom door and parker the damn thing and locked it.

I had both middle fingers of both hands up in the air for the guys yelling at me waht the f... I was doing and traipsed up to uncle's office.

I slammed the keys down on his desk and loudly told him to make sure what I had paid for the car was back on my account by the end of the week.

The next day I went to work in my wife's Accord.

Oh yes I bought her a new bicycle
I have been a Honda man ever since
No I have never spoken to my uncle again after that

Sorry to have gone so off topic
But that is whi I wanted the Honda cutaway Tom, thanks very much !

Now don't you dare post one of a Granbada !!!!!

#7927 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 21:48

Thanks very much Tom !
They aren't in the Haynes book but I knew they had been done because I had a Dutch service manual on the 1977 one with the cutaway.
Before I "came down" with the cutawaybug it had already become smudged.

Some story behind my first Accord.
The family was very much Ford orientated, because uncle Wim was MD at Automobile Industrie Rotterdam, The local Ford people.
I had started earning proper money and was looking for a new car.
My Fiat 850s / 127s and 127 Abarths wre all run into the ground and the new "round arse" Scorpio was to be launched soon.
Uncle Wim still had some Granada Ghia 2.8 models in stock loaded with all the options....the whole kit and kaboodle !!
He was getting rid of them and near cost, and told me, Marco..grab your chance and grab one cheap !!!
Uncle was going to warn me when the last one was going to go and he'd do me a special price to empty the showroom.

As well said and done, the great day arrived and uncle called me to say he had put in an option on my behalf, and I was going to be
the proud owner of a bronzey coloured 2.8 Granada Ghia.
It was actually a base factory Ghia, but had been locally upgraded with every accessory they could find.

I had the car six months !! what horror !!

Marc,
I think most of us have a similar used car story, but not a lot where we have been so completely hosed by a relative.
I was going to college with a guy who had that happen with his father, a used car dealer, of course. He sold the kid a completely rusted out '60 Chevy that came out of Northern New York. In the scant ten years, mother nature and the New York roadways had created complete open panels where the footwells were to have been. The first time I got into the thing, I was looking at the lace doily treatment that had been going on with the body and stepped into the back seat and directly onto pavement. He got upset that I was going to tear the rubber floormats which were the only thing between passenger and asphixiation from the holes in the exhaust and the horrid tune of the engine. The tires were pretty much all showing mass amounts of tire cord where tread should have been, but his father took care of that by filling the trunk to the top with more of these scrap tires, fully mounted. When one would blow out, you just threw it off to the side and mounted another of these scraps of rubber.
Then, his father charged him something around $1800 for the car, and kept demanding the payments for it. Had there been two fewer "0s" in the price, it still would have been an overcharge.
I will say this for a smallblock Chevy, however ... they will go forever if you even keep a smidge of oil in them, and this one finally died a couple of years later, but from something else, I believe.
As to your Granada, I am pretty sure that I have drawings of those to bring back the wonderful memories of youth for you. I will hold off and let you enjoy the Accord illustrations for a while first ...
Tom West

Ran into the office on the morning after delivery and am proudly looking down on it from my third level office to see the sunroof has been fitted off-centre.
Oh my god I say to a colleague ...Look at that !!!!... he agreed and we run downstairs with our tape measure and the damn thing was 15mm out !!!
Called my uncle !
Driving into the workshop next day to show the sunroof and a loud noise and clouds of steam from under the bonnet ( the hood Tom :D )
....the radiator had blown !!.
It was one of those-then new fangled radiators where the upper and lower case were glued to the core.

The sunroof job was solved by fitting a wider one for a Chevrolet Impala, and the radiator was replaced.. warranty (of course)
Picked the car up and ran home, accelerating up the ramp to the motorway the revs suddenly shot off the tacho, what the f ....?
The direct drive shaft in the auto tranny had snapped !! I could use every other gear position in the box except D.
As I wanted to get home I slugged it along in L, and thought what the hell....uncle is going to bleed for this !
Next morning, guess what ? Hey I live in Holland...it rains sometimes !! I sat my rear end in a sogging wet drivers seat, THE SUNROOF HAD LEAKED !!!
As I hooked the Granada through the roundabout at Marconiplein, the power steering pump failed !
Try getting a lump like that Granada through a turn with no power steering ! the good Lord's ears are still red with all the terms of non-endearment I could

Ahhh family ties !!! they can be a blessing and a curse.
For the sake of family ties I endured that car for 6 months.
I shan't bother you all with too may details, but it was in for
3 new auto gearboxes
8 radiators
2 power steering pumps
2 sunroofs
1 engine ( the over revving !!)

My lovely lady had landed a new job around that time and we had ordered the 4 headlamp Accord for her.
I had picked the car up and driven it home and was enthused by it's handling an performance.
It was one of the first three speed automatics (the 1977 was a two speed)
The next morning as I went to work (at Fruehauf trailers near the AIR place) in the Granada I noticed that they had gutted out the showroom.

In a blink I ran the Granada up the sidewalk through the showroom door and parker the damn thing and locked it.

I had both middle fingers of both hands up in the air for the guys yelling at me waht the f... I was doing and traipsed up to uncle's office.

I slammed the keys down on his desk and loudly told him to make sure what I had paid for the car was back on my account by the end of the week.

The next day I went to work in my wife's Accord.

Oh yes I bought her a new bicycle
I have been a Honda man ever since
No I have never spoken to my uncle again after that

Sorry to have gone so off topic
But that is whi I wanted the Honda cutaway Tom, thanks very much !

Now don't you dare post one of a Granbada !!!!!

#7928 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 00:08

What an absolutely wonderful car! And clearly engineered to be so full of character, as well! :cat:

#7929 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:39

Posted Image
Type 35 Bugatti. By Leslie Cresswell.

#7930 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 811 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:11

Mclaren F1 by Giulio Betti - missing center slice

Posted Image

Ferrari F50 by Betti - missing center slice

Posted Image

Where is Mr. Matthews? Last post page 195! Almost 20 days out of the forum.

Edited by ibsenop, 19 February 2011 - 02:15.

#7931 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:30

Amazing that we are fast closing in on page 200 for this blog. Quite something to consider, especially when seeing the type of dedication to and appreciation for this rather unusual artform. Want to thank all of the participants who have contributed here ... this is like our private New Year, don't you think?
Tom West

#7932 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:32

Amazing that we are fast closing in on page 200 for this blog. Quite something to consider, especially when seeing the type of dedication to and appreciation for this rather unusual artform. Want to thank all of the participants who have contributed here ... this is like our private New Year, don't you think?
Tom West

Very much so. :up:

#7933 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,197 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:42

I've been wondering the same thing. Hope he's OK. :well:

#7934 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:55

Posted Image
Maserati 250F. 2.5-litre, six-cylinder. (1954 spec?) By Vic Berris.

#7935 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:55

Posted Image
Repco-Brabham F1, 1967 spec. By Brian Hatton.

#7936 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:56

Posted Image
Delage 15000cc unit camshaft and auxiliary drive gear cluster. Artist unknown.

Posted Image
Maserati Type 8CTF Independent front suspension (C-Section wishbones and longitudinal torsion bars). Artist unknown.

Posted Image
Alfa Romeo 'Monoposto' P3 divided final drive, twin propellor shafts. Artist unknown. Section. Not a cutaway.

#7937 B Squared

B Squared

• 3,149 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 13:55

I've been wondering the same thing. Hope he's OK. :well:

My same thoughts, I emailed him yesterday to ask him if all is well. Haven't heard back yet.

#7938 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 16:57

Mclaren F1 by Giulio Betti - missing center slice

Posted Image

Ferrari F50 by Betti - missing center slice

Posted Image

Great find Ibsen !!
I'll get out my box of crayons and try fill in the missing stuff.

#7939 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 16:58

Yes !! and I haven't seen him post elsewhere, are you on holiday Tony ?

Advertisement

#7940 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 19:44

Not to make light of a possible serious situation of some unknown type, but is this the Cutaway version of Where's Waldo ... Where's Tony?
Wish it were that easy sometime.
Haven't heard anything from him on Facebook in a while, by the way. He usually checks in there on occasion.
Hope all are well, and dressed for our 200-blog-page celebration.
Tom West

#7941 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 19:49

Usually (when someone goes missing) a picture gets posted of thousands of people on a beach. 'The where is .......(depending on which country you live in).

It has worked before!

#7942 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 20:53

I'll get out my box of crayons and try fill in the missing stuff.

The F50
Posted Image

maybe I should sign it "the Punk" :p

#7943 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 21:05

The F50
Posted Image

maybe I should sign it "the Punk" :p

Yeah, the punk is clearly back in business. Sign it the 'Punk'!

:up:

P.S, looking at Ibsens post this morning, I'm shocked at how long the McLaren F1 has taken to show its face. I know that Autosport did one of those special paperbacks devoted to the car so considered something must have surely been done. Anyway, that has been resolved now.

#7944 TWest

TWest

• 1,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 22:24

Everyone have the Fireworks ready???
The Ball is Dropping, and midnight is upon us ...
Wish that Tony or Anders Bonde could have the honor of taking us across that finish line.
Thank-you all for creating such a great resource, for helping to provide an amazing extension of the knowledge of the art ... and giving me a way to waste more time than I ever thought I would have to spend on something like this.

Tom West

#7945 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 00:28

and the McLaren F1
Posted Image

#7946 JoeKane

JoeKane

• 76 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:11

Everyone have the Fireworks ready???
Wish that Tony or Anders Bonde could have the honor of taking us across that finish line.
Thank-you all for creating such a great resource, for helping to provide an amazing extension of the knowledge of the art ...
Tom West

Here, here... A toast to all the denizens of Cutawayland who make this such a wonderful place to reside.
Fireworks? I have some 26.5mm parachute flares I'll donate to the cause... Does that count?
Yes I'd like to see Anders or Tony initiate page 200. I too am concerned at Tony's long absence. I have had cause to e-mail him off forum so I included a request to let us all know he is okay.

As an aside, I have a Cutawayland project that would benefit from a crest or a seal. Anyone interested in cranking out a suitable seal or crest for the grand land of Cutawayland? Payment will be made in Cutaway coinage, of course...

#7947 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,187 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:06

Posted Image...Morgan +4 ladder frame

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image...Model T box,From Autocar

Edited by eldougo, 20 February 2011 - 04:10.

#7948 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,187 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:24

Jim Allington drawing from JWA parts book.1969/70.
Posted Image

Posted Image.... NOTE.....Wire wheels .

Edited by eldougo, 20 February 2011 - 05:29.

#7949 Motocar

Motocar

• 263 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 16:08

This Blog is very interesting, to dedicated the BMW Isseta 300, more cutaways drawings of handbook by BMW. IssetaIsetta 300 Parts Plates Exploded Diagrams.

http://bzisettas.blo...d-diagrams.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry my poor english, success

#7950 tbolt

tbolt