#951 PeterElleray

PeterElleray

• 789 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 23:30

Originally posted by ibsenop
Technical Art Fittipaldi FD-04 cutaway

Posted Image

Ibsen

Thats the one! excellent - and in much better definition than the previous version i found - thanks!

Peter

Advertisement

#952 PeterElleray

PeterElleray

• 789 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 23:32

Originally posted by Paulo Coimbra
Peter,
Everything well?
Fittipaldi to which I refer is FD-01 1975, he is in 3/4 frontal.
I didn't see this FD-04... Do I yellow or Silver? I am going escan the drawing that I have post here. Ok?
hugs

Hi - the fd04 has just been posted above, but please do scan and post the drawing you have.

from a closet 'fittipaldi automotive' admirer....

Peter

#953 Robin Fairservice

Robin Fairservice

• 500 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 23:33

This is the one thread that I cannot pass by. I have just acquired a copy of "Automobile Year" # 8 and in it is a two page spread, in colour, of a Ferrari Formula 2 from 1960 by James Allington. It is too big for me to scan, and it also states that it is copyright to Automobile Year, so I think that it might not be wise to post it.

#954 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 23:46

Originally posted by Duc-Man
Since then I haven't seen any new drawings anywhere in car magazines in ages (I speak about Germany here). Technical illustraitions like details of suspensions or wings of formula 1 cars yes but no full cutaways. Did they go out of fashion?

I think that is what happened Duc-Man, possibly the cost became an issue, but an illustrator shouldn't cost more than a journalist if they are employed by a publisher, I would have thought. I think it has something to do with 'attention-span', the fact that nowadays, so few people are prepared to put any effort into any medium, text included. Many members have voiced their disgust at the way print journalism has changed over the recent years, it's all part of the 'video' culture in my opinion.

#955 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 23:56

Originally posted by Robin Fairservice
I have just acquired a copy of "Automobile Year" # 8 and in it is a two page spread, in colour, of a Ferrari Formula 2 from 1960 by James Allington. .

Robin, my earliest 'Automobile Year' was No.9 I think, they were very expensive for a teenage apprentice, but as I said earlier they all had to go, so I can't check, but the only colour cutaway of Jim's to feature in the annual that I can remember was the 156 'Sharknose', on a black background. Is the F2 car in full colour, or just two colours? He did a Cooper-Monaco in two-colour which was possibly for AY. I'm intrigued!

#956 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 00:16

Originally posted by Gregor Marshall
I'd forgotten I have it but just found it; I have a really good book called the anatomy of a Motor Car (the cover is a coloured cutaway of an RS2600 Capri) and it has many coloured car cutaways by Bruno Betti and it also lots of anatomy (funnily enough!!) coloured cutaways which unfortunately aren't signed which is a shame as they're brilliant and there are some coloured car cutaways that aren't credited - there's a great one of a Fiat 500 and one of a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow (and the Capri).

Sorry I've been a bit slow to pick this up, Gregor. Any more details? It sounds very interesting...

#957 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:34

Technical Art Fittipaldi FD-04 cutaway

Posted Image

Ibsen

Ibsen,
T bem??
Obrigado pela postagem do Raio-X do FD-04...
Engraçado como eu desconhecia a existência dele.
Engraçado tb como já devemos nos conhecer de vista, participei de vários concursos e exposições de plastimodelismo aí em BH. Saudade daqueles encontros qd alguns amigos e eu saíamos daqui de Juiz de Fora no sábado pela manhã para chegarmos a tempo das inscrições aí...
Me lembro do Fiote, mas sinceramente, a vc não consigo associar uma imagem...rs
Abração

#958 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:45

Originally posted by PeterElleray

Hi - the fd04 has just been posted above, but please do scan and post the drawing you have.

from a closet 'fittipaldi automotive' admirer....

Peter

Peter, of course will go scan FD-01!
I am happy in knowing that you, foreigners have more consideration for the Brazilian team than many of us. I always found the Fittipaldi injustiçados for the local press.
Do I have a book of small circulation what it counts the history of the team Fittipaldi, do I promise that with time also can scan for you, ok?
There are some years ago, I announced giving opinions and supplying bibliographical material of the restoration of the cars of the series FD-04 and F-5 accomplished by DANA(Brasil).
I won a Book and the Recognition for the DANA.
* It HARMS it manufactured the semi-axes of FD-01

#959 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:48

I apologize to all for my English without many resources...and for times with some mistakes.
:stoned: :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#960 PeterElleray

PeterElleray

• 789 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:43

Peter, of course will go scan FD-01!
I am happy in knowing that you, foreigners have more consideration for the Brazilian team than many of us. I always found the Fittipaldi injustiçados for the local press.
Do I have a book of small circulation what it counts the history of the team Fittipaldi, do I promise that with time also can scan for you, ok?
There are some years ago, I announced giving opinions and supplying bibliographical material of the restoration of the cars of the series FD-04 and F-5 accomplished by DANA(Brasil).
I won a Book and the Recognition for the DANA.
* It HARMS it manufactured the semi-axes of FD-01

paulo - would very much look forwards to that - if you have any close up and technical shots of the restored fd04 and f5 those would be very welcome. i have seen many of fd01 both on the DANA site and on picture storeage sites, but few of fd04 - i dont believe there is one in europe, just the cars 'abandoned' in the lock up in sau paulo for many years and then rescued again - i sthat perhaps a function of the fittipaldi team moving is centre of operations to the uk in the late '70's.

one more thing, we get slaps on wrists for hijacking this thread with non cutaway related discussion, so i'll start a new one for the fittipaldi team - perhaps we can post some more there.

rgds

peter

#961 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:37

paulo - would very much look forwards to that - if you have any close up and technical shots of the restored fd04 and f5 those would be very welcome. i have seen many of fd01 both on the DANA site and on picture storeage sites, but few of fd04 - i dont believe there is one in europe, just the cars 'abandoned' in the lock up in sau paulo for many years and then rescued again - i sthat perhaps a function of the fittipaldi team moving is centre of operations to the uk in the late '70's.

one more thing, we get slaps on wrists for hijacking this thread with non cutaway related discussion, so i'll start a new one for the fittipaldi team - perhaps we can post some more there.

rgds

peter

Bon jiorno Peter!

Do we can yes to create a post on Fittipaldi, can we try that Divila(Ricardo), a Genius (!) does it place your experiences here also, what does find? I have very material that left in the press and Ibsen also has a lot of pictures.
In relation to the book and to the cutway of FD-01, as soon as has scan, do I send you for your private e-mail, do I can?
rgds

#962 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,249 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:56

Originally posted by Tony Matthews

Sorry I've been a bit slow to pick this up, Gregor. Any more details? It sounds very interesting...

That's okay Tony, my witterings are generally best left unanswered!!

It is a really good book, a bit basic maybe, but the drawings are very simple but good. Off the top of my head I think it came out in the mid-70s. Do you want me to scan some in and post them?

#963 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:01

Tony,
Good morning!
In your opinion, do you think with the resources that we dispose now (carbon fiber, aramids, kevlar and constructive processes), would not that Copersucar Fittipaldi F-6 be a success?
Do look, in relation to the format and conception of the cars today, very similar concepts, not? F-6 had serious problems of torsion in the chassis(roling) and adaptation in the suspension geometries.
Which your opinion?
rgds
Posted Image

#964 Bonde

Bonde

• 959 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:26

Please do start a Fittipladi Automotive thread, Peter! Just like you (again) I've always found the Fittipaldis very interesting. Pity F6 didn't work properly in its original guise.

That aside, I'm both surprised and pleased that this thread is fast approaching 1000 posts. I never thought it would, but I think we can thank primarily the TNF crowd's appetite for cutaways, Tony Matthews's presence and Marc Fenijn's seemingly limitless bent for collecting racing car cutaways for that. And a few off-topic excursions, of course :)

#965 Bonde

Bonde

• 959 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:37

Paulo,

At the risk of derailing my own thread, from a Motor Sport article the basic problem with the F6 was the rear wheel bearings not being stiff enough. It may have had some aero and other problems too, but they could have been sorted. From what I've seen of pictures of the basic tub of the F6 it looked structurally quite sound for the period - much better than, say, Lotus T79 and T80 (although that's hardly a good structural benchmark!).

F6 in its original form was IMO the sexiest looking F1 car of 1979 by a considerable margin.

#966 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:42

Originally posted by Bonde
Paulo,

At the risk of derailing my own thread, from a Motor Sport article the basic problem with the F6 was the rear wheel bearings not being stiff enough. It may have had some aero and other problems too, but they could have been sorted. From what I've seen of pictures of the basic tub of the F6 it looked structurally quite sound for the period - much better than, say, Lotus T79 and T80 (although that's hardly a good structural benchmark!).

F6 in its original form was IMO the sexiest looking F1 car of 1979 by a considerable margin.

Anders, Peter,
Good morning!
We already have a new post...
Os FITTIPALDI's
comment.
rgds

#967 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:49

Anders, Peter,
Good morning!
We already have a new post...
Os FITTIPALDI's
comment.
rgds

Hi,
Anders,
What is IMO?
In the test pre season, F-6 had serious preblemas pq the front part of the chassis it presented plenty of torsion and it altered the whole geometry of the front suspension.
With relationship to the back train, for the that I remember, he/she had not heard to speak in problems as serious as the one of the front suspension...

#968 Bonde

Bonde

• 959 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 16:09

Paulo,

IMO: in my opinion (IMHO: in my honest opinion or in my humble opinion)

I'll just have to study that F6 front end in more detail now, won't I?

#969 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 18:24

Tony,
Good morning!
In your opinion, do you think with the resources that we dispose now (carbon fiber, aramids, kevlar and constructive processes), would not that Copersucar Fittipaldi F-6 be a success?
Do look, in relation to the format and conception of the cars today, very similar concepts, not? F-6 had serious problems of torsion in the chassis(roling) and adaptation in the suspension geometries.
Which your opinion?
rgds
Posted Image

Hmmm what is wrong ? I can't view the piccie

#970 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 18:50

Originally posted by macoran

Hmmm what is wrong ? I can't view the piccie

Friends Anders and Macoran,
Really , the front section of the monocoque of F-6 was very narrow, as in Ferrari and the suspensions were anchored firmly to the chassis of honney comb by ball-joints. It was commented for here at that time that the car was born wrong and the suspension cinematism would have problems..., in mine to understand, the concept nowadays would give right because the materials are more rigid, light and the construction form developed a lot.
ANDERS, I MÓ.....!!!! now I understood!!! rs
:stoned:
rgds

#971 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 19:14

Which your opinion?

Paulo, I am not an engineer, I was a Technical Illustrator, I may have my own views about certain aspects of
mechanical engineering, but they are based on intuition, not very much knowledge. I am sure that with the passing of time and the introduction of more modern materials and techniques that just about anything can be improved! However, this is now, that was then...

Anders Bonde and Peter Elleray are Engineers, it is they who can answer your questions.

#972 PeterElleray

PeterElleray

• 789 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 19:20

Paulo, I am not an engineer, I was a Technical Illustrator, I may have my own views about certain aspects of
mechanical engineering, but they are based on intuition, not very much knowledge. I am sure that with the passing of time and the introduction of more modern materials and techniques that just about anything can be improved! However, this is now, that was then...

Anders Bonde and Peter Elleray are Engineers, it is they who can answer your questions.

im surprised, frankly, to hear that said about the chassis. it was designed by ralph bellamy, who had just done the similarily honeycomb chassied lotus 78, and imho(!) the f6 looks to be a very logical progression from that.

but perhaps we need to continue this on the fittithread -paulo, look there for more comments..

peter

#973 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 19:39

im surprised, frankly, to hear that said about the chassis. it was designed by ralph bellamy, who had just done the similarily honeycomb chassied lotus 78, and imho(!) the f6 looks to be a very logical progression from that.

but perhaps we need to continue this on the fittithread -paulo, look there for more comments..

peter

Peter and Tony,
Do I also agree with the credibility and taleto of Bellamy, but cannot we ignore that millimeters and are some few degrees responsible for strange variations of behavior in track, does it agree?
My vision is of lay and historian in search for evidences.
Do I have a picture of the chassis and your front section, will I try to post, ok?

#974 Andre Acker

Andre Acker

• 281 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 19:41

Here we go, sorry about the delay:-

1971 Brabham BT34, March-Alfa 711, Tyrrell 003(?), Ferrari 312B(2?), BRM P160, Gold Leaf JPS Lotus 72, McLaren M19, Mick Hill's Boss Capri.

1972 Lola-Ford T280, Chevrolet-Cosworth EA engine, Tyrrell 005, Surtees TS9B, Ferrari 312P, March 725? 6? BMW, Gulf Mirage Weslake V12.

1973 McRae GM1, UOP Shadow DN1A, Lola T330, Ibec P2, Surtees TS14, Porsche 917/10, Trojan T102 F5000.

1974 Ford-Cosworth GAA V6 engine, Hesketh 308, B&W plus colour, Ferrari 312B3, Tyrrell 007, B&W plus colour.

1975 Alfa P3, colour, Lola T400 (it says here, but I think it was a simple illustration for an outside client, LAT did not operate solely for Teesdale Publishing), Ferrari 312T, B&W plus colour, Martini-BMW F2, Bugatti T59, colour.

That's it, I left in February 1976.

Obviously the colour cutaways were for Motor Sport!

Manel Baro's thread about motorcycle cutaway art shows a John Ferguson cutaway, and very nice too, You are very lucky to have originals!

Edited to say that, yes, there are a couple of queries in the list, my job book is a bit vague here and there, and my memory is not quite as ... er...what's the word...er...anyway, I can and will...er... check, yes, that's it, and report back.

Hi Tony !

Can you show us the 1972 Gulf Mirage cutaway ?

Many thanks, best regards !

André Acker.

#975 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 19:45

Tony,
Do you have knowledge of some cutway of Parnely Jones' car, STP Turbine 1968?

#976 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 19:46

Originally posted by Andre Acker

Hi Tony !

Can you show us the 1972 Gulf Mirage cutaway ?

Many thanks, best regards !

André Acker.

Hi Andre, I will try, but I do not have a small print, I have the original and a couple of full-size prints that were marketed by Motoring News. I will see if I can get round the size issue, perhaps I can get an A4 print done locally and scan it for you.

#977 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 19:50

Tony,
Do you have knowledge of some cutway of Parnely Jones' car, STP Turbine 1968?

Paulo, I think Brian Hatton did a cutaway of the turbine car - I wish I had, I thought it was beautiful and fascinating. I am surprised that Jim Allington did not do a cutaway of that car, there must be some reason that I can't remember, perhaps just no demand...

#978 PeterElleray

PeterElleray

• 789 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 19:51

Peter and Tony,
Do I also agree with the credibility and taleto of Bellamy, but cannot we ignore that millimeters and are some few degrees responsible for strange variations of behavior in track, does it agree?
My vision is of lay and historian in search for evidences.
Do I have a picture of the chassis and your front section, will I try to post, ok?

paulo - direct your repsonse to the 'fittipaldi automotive' thread please! i have posted there!

peter

#979 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 20:07

Ok Peter!

Advertisement

#980 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 20:33

Paulo, I think Brian Hatton did a cutaway of the turbine car - I wish I had, I thought it was beautiful and fascinating. I am surprised that Jim Allington did not do a cutaway of that car, there must be some reason that I can't remember, perhaps just no demand...

I have seen the cutaway of the STP Paxton turbine car, and I am sure that was not a Hatton. Could be a Theo Page....even reminded me of Allingtons style that cutaway did.....it's just so bloody long ago.Brian Hatton did do a Lotus 56B F1 turbine car as John Hostler did the 56 Indy. I have got to have them somewhere, it's just my attic is a shambles...complete rebuild up there.

#981 Stephen Miller

Stephen Miller

• 49 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 20:39

Theo Page did a cutaway of the 1968 Lotus 56 Turbine. I don't ever recall a cutaway of the 1967 Paxton turbine car?

Stephen

#982 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 20:45

Posted Image

.......and his name is Barber !!

#983 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 20:46

Originally posted by Stephen Miller

I don't ever recall a cutaway of the 1967 Paxton turbine car?

Stephen

I will search and find....black line drawing on bright red !!!!!! background

#984 Stephen Miller

Stephen Miller

• 49 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 20:58

Barber also did a cutaway of the Lotus 56B, I think commissioned by Motor.

Stephen

#985 Stephen Miller

Stephen Miller

• 49 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 21:00

Macoran is too fast for me!

Stephen

#986 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 21:14

Originally posted by Stephen Miller

Theo Page did a cutaway of the 1968 Lotus 56 Turbine.
Stephen

Would you have that on hand ?

#987 Andre Acker

Andre Acker

• 281 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 22:09

Hi Andre, I will try, but I do not have a small print, I have the original and a couple of full-size prints that were marketed by Motoring News. I will see if I can get round the size issue, perhaps I can get an A4 print done locally and scan it for you.

Ok, thank you very much, Sir !

André Acker.

#988 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 23:06

Looking for the STP Paxton Indy car ....which I haven't found yet, I came across a few cutaways that probably never made their way across to Europe, except in the crate full of "rubbish" (my father called it) I bought over.

Published in AutoSport...the Japanese one...to which I subscribed when working in Thailand.

Posted Image
Posted Image

and I am positive I have the STP cutaway somewhere because I was fan enough of the beast.
Posted Image

#989 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 23:21

Really, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! UAUUUUU!
I didn't know any cutawy of the Lotus!
AND STP TURBINE??
Was the lotus recuperated totally, did you already see??
I thank the postage of the drawings/cutaways
rgds

#990 Bonde

Bonde

• 959 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 23:25

That's a pretty nice drawing of the STP car there, Marc!

A trio of exceptionally different and original racing equipment in your post! The driver's feet look terribly vulnerable in the Honda (and they were, too, in the Maki as poor Ganley were to discover the hard way). I've never been able to figure out which way the air was intended to flow through the original Maki radiators... :drunk:

A lot of lateral thinking went in to the Paxton - in all senses of the word!

Now I'm still waiting for the first cutaway from your hand...;)

#991 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 818 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 00:15

Fittipaldi FD01 cutaway B&W small version by brazilian Water Brito.

Posted Image

I have a book with a larger colour version but the joint between pages is very poor, losting part of the cutaway.
I hope the scan from Paulo Coimbra is better than mine.

Ibsen

Edited by ibsenop, 18 February 2012 - 10:57.

#992 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 00:21

I have a book with a larger colour version but the joint between pages is very poor, losting part of the cutaway.

Ibsen

Ibsen, you have a pm

#993 Paulo Coimbra

Paulo Coimbra

• 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:51

Fittipaldi FD01 cutaway B&W small version by brazilian Water Brito.

Posted Image

I hope the scan from Paulo Coimbra is better than mine.

Ibsen

Obrigado pela antecipação Ibsen!
abraços
Paulo

#994 IrishMariner

IrishMariner

• 217 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:16

Just thought I'd give y'all a heads-up; Tony's posted a fantastic working drawing of a Penske Damper on another thread! You can find it towards the end of the fist page of the following thread;- Conflicting Damper Advice

At this stage, I'd be happy to even see a sketch he did of a kitchen worktop. Th working drawings/sketches are amazing. In the case of the aforementioned damper, if I'd have seen the finished coloured work on it's own I'd have assumed it was CAD. It's that bloody good....

#995 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 818 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 23:16

Brabham BT34 Cutaway

From Quatro Rodas magazine, no artist name.

Posted Image

Ibsen
http://public.fotki.com/ibsenop/

Edited by ibsenop, 18 February 2012 - 10:58.

#996 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 818 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:53

Fittipaldi FD01 colour version by Walter Brito.

Scanned by Ibsen and repaired the badly damaged centre page crease by Macoran (Fantastic job).

Posted Image

Ibsen
http://public.fotki.com/ibsenop/

Edited by ibsenop, 18 February 2012 - 10:59.

#997 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 17:32

Posted Image

M19. Once again, it's a struggle scanning line artwork, best I can do.

More M19s to compare: Piola and Badrocke
Posted Image
Posted Image

#998 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 17:35

Brabham BT34 Cutaway

From Quatro Rodas magazine, no artist name.

Posted Image

Ibsen

more BT34:Piola and Ellis
Posted Image
Posted Image

add in a Matthews BT34.....makes 4 of 'em

#999 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 19:47

Originally posted by macoran

More M19s to compare: Piola and Badrocke

Well done Marc - again! Never heard of Mr Badrocke, although I see he is a MSIA, a Society I have never quite understood, it was suggested at college that we could apply to be, I think, LSIA, can't be sure, but it was the lowest form of membership, and you can end up a FSIA, but there was also the SIAD...buggered if I know. Which used to be the name I chose for a pub quiz team I was once a member of. Tells you quite a lot, although we did win reasonably frequently.

So, at least four BT34's and three M19's...where will it all end, I wonder. I still haven't found a scannable version of my BT34.

Advertisement

#1000 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 19:59

Posted Image

Posted Image

I found these earlier, taken by John Dunbar of LAT Photographic, as he had just talked the Old Man at MN into letting him purchase a 55mm f3.5 Micro Nikkor and he was looking for things to photograph, the way you do with a new lens, and I happened to be handy. It shows the early stages of a Martini-BMW F2 cutaway, and I was obviously posing to a degree, I realise now, as there is no way I worked with my chin resting on my hand in that rather dillitente fashion - oh no! - both hands on the job, brow furrowed, bit of a snarl, the occasional shower of spital, you'd better not interupt unless you like hospital food...Sorry, darling, didn't see you there...

Ah, the 55 Micro Nikkor, what a lovely lens, and an essential part of my camera kit...