Photo

The cutaway drawing and its artists

• Please log in to reply
13375 replies to this topic

#11851 Embers

Embers

• 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 18:37

Here is a set of Walter M. Jefferies, Jr.'s distinctive profile cutaway drawings of several WW II fighter aircraft from the 1956/1957 issue of Air Progress:
Posted Image
Lockheed P-38J Lightning, Hawker Hurricane IIC, Focke-Wulf FW-190 A3, and Mitsubishi A6M3.

Advertisement

#11852 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 813 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 00:39

Harley Davidson Knucklehead engine by artist unknown.

Posted Image

#11853 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 22:44

Here are a couple of non-race Nissans from Takashi Jufuku

beginning with the first generation Skyline GT-R from 1969-72
Posted Image

and ending with the 2008 GT-R - no longer called a Skyline, this is in essence the 6th generation of its predecessor above
Posted Image

Peter

#11854 Motocar

Motocar

• 264 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:38

Ford Falcon Ecoboost, photo-cutaway, of the web:
http://www.themotorr...le-in-australia

Posted Image

Success

#11855 Embers

Embers

• 141 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 19:29

This is Jefferies' profile cutaway illustration showing U.S. Navy fighter development from the 1956/57 issue of Air Progress
Posted ImageBoeing F2B-1, Curtiss F11C-2, Eastern Aircraft FM-2 Wildcat, and Chance Vought F4U-1D Corsair
It is interesting to note that the "development" shown spans a period of only 14 years (1928-1942). This gives an indication of the rapid growth of aircraft technology during those years.

#11856 onelung

onelung

• 546 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 23:33

It is interesting to note that the "development" shown spans a period of only 14 years (1928-1942). This gives an indication of the rapid growth of aircraft technology during those years.

...wonder how much technological growth we'll see with the next World War...

#11857 onelung

onelung

• 546 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 23:33

#11858 Karabas

Karabas

• 110 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 18:55

Donn Thorson cutaways album on photobucket
Looks a bit "flat", but there is a very unusual examples of machinery.

More on his eBay store (sample - 1937 Cord 810 Cutaway)

Edited by Karabas, 04 August 2012 - 19:42.

#11859 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 813 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 15:20

Porsche 906 Carrera by artist unknown - Takashi Jufuku?

Posted Image

TNF Cutaway Index updated - page 240

Porsche 906 Carrera by Takashi Jufuku

Posted Image

Advertisement

#11860 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:56

a couple from the site that removes most signatures (thus, no attribution) that I don't believe we have seen...
Ferrari 512S Modulo Pininfarina Concept
Posted Image

Opel Rekord P2 1960-63
Posted Image

Peter

Edited by simplebrother, 06 August 2012 - 03:57.

#11861 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 15:27

a couple from the site that removes most signatures (thus, no attribution) that I don't believe we have seen...
Posted Image

Peter

Peter,
I have this piece shown in my file as Giulio Betti, which would be logical. Looks about right, too.
Have been a bit slack here of late, but have relocated, and have now been in Baltimore to visit my daughter for a few days. She is now starting her move to NYU from U of Maryland, so a lot of prep work going on for her. We did go to the Smithsonian Air & Space hangar out at Dulles Airport yesterday. Would highly recommend visiting the main museum on the Mall in Washington DC, as well as this one. Will be posting an album of photos over in Facebook at some point if any of you are interested.
Flying back tomorrow and will have five hours of cutaway assembly time, although they do have slow WiFi on this flight, so I may do some other things.
Enjoy the day.
Tom West

#11862 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 20:33

Peter,
I have this piece shown in my file as Giulio Betti, which would be logical. Looks about right, too.
Have been a bit slack here of late, but have relocated, and have now been in Baltimore to visit my daughter for a few days. She is now starting her move to NYU from U of Maryland, so a lot of prep work going on for her. We did go to the Smithsonian Air & Space hangar out at Dulles Airport yesterday. Would highly recommend visiting the main museum on the Mall in Washington DC, as well as this one. Will be posting an album of photos over in Facebook at some point if any of you are interested.
Flying back tomorrow and will have five hours of cutaway assembly time, although they do have slow WiFi on this flight, so I may do some other things.
Enjoy the day.
Tom West

Thanks, Tom - it looked like a Betti to me also, but I didn't have it in either brother's file - not sure where they found it.
Sounds like you had a good visit with your daughter - such fun (except for the flights back and forth). My middle one and her kids are about to move out again - it will be nice to have the space back, but it certainly will get a lot quieter around here - not sure what I think about that part.
Peter

#11863 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 813 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 23:14

What happened to our forum?
It seems that some posts were deleted.
The index has been moved from page 290 to page 289.
I hope it's only in my computer because I do not know if it's worth fixing the index.

#11864 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 00:14

What happened to our forum?
It seems that some posts were deleted.
The index has been moved from page 290 to page 289.
I hope it's only in my computer because I do not know if it's worth fixing the index.

Ibsen, its not just your computer - I couldn't find the index at first when I was checking if the two drawings I just posted had been seen before. Not only had the index moved to page 289, but when I went to check on an image originally on page 118 in Werks's post 4695 all 13 of his images had been removed. Perhaps he removed them or moved them to another server??? The 5 images in his post 4705 are also all deleted. He may be able to solve at least that part of the mystery, but I don't know anything about entire posts being deleted.
Peter

#11865 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 22:26

Ibsen, its not just your computer - I couldn't find the index at first when I was checking if the two drawings I just posted had been seen before. Not only had the index moved to page 289, but when I went to check on an image originally on page 118 in Werks's post 4695 all 13 of his images had been removed. Perhaps he removed them or moved them to another server??? The 5 images in his post 4705 are also all deleted. He may be able to solve at least that part of the mystery, but I don't know anything about entire posts being deleted.
Peter

I had noticed a few things like that previously, including those replacement blocks for images that had been removed for copyright problems. Maybe some of that kind of thing has been happening a bit more, and that would tend to shorten things, I think.
Will hate to lose any of this stuff from the Board, but I guess that means that everyone should make sure to grab the file as soon as possible when something of interest does show up.
You snooze, you lose.
Tom West

#11866 Magoo

Magoo

• 2,478 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:11

Here is the latest incredible cutaway by Tony Matthews at Motor City Garage, the Ilmor Chevrolet 265A IndyCar V8.

You can find the full version of the cutaway and Tony's story behind it at this link:

Tony Matthews on the Ilmor 265A Indy engine | Mac's Motor City Garage

Posted Image

#11867 Motocar

Motocar

• 264 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 17:13

Greetings friends, I can say what happened to the section of the index? that appeared in 10 pages, I needed to get some to review some data now available.
I would appreciate any information.

success, Motocar

#11868 goro

goro

• 34 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 19:43

From italian autosprint
http://imageshack.us...cnomartini.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...cnomartini.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...123cutaway.jpg/

Edited by goro, 08 August 2012 - 19:49.

#11869 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 16:40

Hellllooooo out there.
Since the reorganization of the Index, it seems like everyone went away. I thought that this would be based on pages of 20 posts, but checked and there are 28 on the perpetual page 267. If they expanded the pages, that would change the numbering. If it is just some of the submissions that have had to be pulled, and it is based on a certain amount of bandwidth per page, that would also rearrange everything. I have seen this happen before as I looked to find something in the backpages. There were a lot of items that have been pulled from ImageShack, so all of those have turned into the notices rather than the images that had been up, which might be adjusting things, as well.
Hope this is not the end of the group. I am a relative latecomer here, and this is one of my three major visits every time I come online, so I don't know what I would do without you guys.
Tom West

#11870 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 17:57

Hellllooooo out there.
Since the reorganization of the Index, it seems like everyone went away. I thought that this would be based on pages of 20 posts, but checked and there are 28 on the perpetual page 267. If they expanded the pages, that would change the numbering. If it is just some of the submissions that have had to be pulled, and it is based on a certain amount of bandwidth per page, that would also rearrange everything. I have seen this happen before as I looked to find something in the backpages. There were a lot of items that have been pulled from ImageShack, so all of those have turned into the notices rather than the images that had been up, which might be adjusting things, as well.
Hope this is not the end of the group. I am a relative latecomer here, and this is one of my three major visits every time I come online, so I don't know what I would do without you guys.
Tom West

I am certain it is just the business of life - you know, August, Olympics, vacations, back-to-school preparations and the like. Like you, I certainly hope that is the case - though I have been too busy to post much lately, I do visit daily when I am not traveling and without access to the Internet.
Peter

Edited by simplebrother, 10 August 2012 - 17:58.

#11871 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 19:10

I am certain it is just the business of life - you know, August, Olympics, vacations, back-to-school preparations and the like. Like you, I certainly hope that is the case - though I have been too busy to post much lately, I do visit daily when I am not traveling and without access to the Internet.
Peter

I think that you may be correct, Peter. I know that we have gone through these dry spells before, but it was the idea that it followed on with the Index thing. I figure that most of us are downloading everything immediately anyway, so the reference does work to get us close and we can deal with the images as we need to.
Thanks for the follow-up.
Tom West

#11872 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:45

Posted Image

Hello Peter,

The Modulo appeared first on page 288 of this forum. http://forums.autosp...a...t&p=5727314 The scan was made from Auto Zietung. I think the other site probably got it from here. So it has completed somewhat of a circuit. :)

Peter

Regarding the images within the posts that have been dropped, this is probably just a symptom of the recent changes/limits at Imageshack.

Regarding posts being deleted, and knocking things out of sync as it were, it might be an idea to contact the moderator, just to ascertain precisely which posts were deleted. It is probably quite innocent, I'm sure.

I'm a bit worried about Marc (Macoran) though, particularly regarding his health, I have sent him a couple of emails and I know that Ibsen has too, but no response, yet.

Best wishes,

Mark (wp) :up:

#11873 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 16:10

I'm a bit worried about Marc (Macoran) though, particularly regarding his health, I have sent him a couple of emails and I know that Ibsen has too, but no response, yet.

Best wishes,

Mark (wp) :up:

Just did the same. Marc supplied original pages for an illustration that I needed for larger scans on a fairly unique piece with no problem, and has been helpful on some other things. He has been a bit sporadic on the group of late ... but so have we all, it seems. Obviously, keep everyone posted if you get anything back ... will do the same.

Tom West

#11874 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 16:15

Just did the same. Marc supplied original pages for an illustration that I needed for larger scans on a fairly unique piece with no problem, and has been helpful on some other things. He has been a bit sporadic on the group of late ... but so have we all, it seems. Obviously, keep everyone posted if you get anything back ... will do the same.

Tom West

Will do, Tom :up:

#11875 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:21

Sooo ... considering that I was the one complaining about the dry spell, I figured I would put my money where my mouth is .. assuming that time equals money, as they (always they) say. I pulled a few pieces of some car illustrations toward the beginning of the 1100 image pieces in that big file, so this is a pretty small piece of the total, making seven different pieces that you will be receiving ...
Beginning with the Bill Bennett piece on the 1970 STP-sponsored March-Ford 701 Formula 1 car out of Sports Car Graphic of May, 1970.
Tom West

Bennett,Bill-MarchFord701STPF1-SCG-5-1970
Posted Image

#11876 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:23

Our second piece for a Sunday evening is another Bill Bennett piece from 1970. Again a relatively minor team Formula 1 car, the Surtees TS-7 out of Sports Car Graphic, December of 1970.
Tom West

Bennett,Bill-SurteesTS7Formula1-SCG12-1970
Posted Image

#11877 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:28

Third for the evening is an interesting 6-cylinder engine out of the Mercedes-Benz 300D, as illustrated by Vic Berris in the June, 1960 issue of Sports Car Illustrated.
Tom West

Berris,Vic-MercedesBenz300DL6CylinderEngine-SCI06-1960
Posted Image

#11878 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:32

Our next piece came out of the November, 1991 issue of Quattroruote and their European Racing Sedan entries or the year. This one is a Bruno Betti piece on the Alfa Romea 1.8-litre Turbo Sedan. These things are out of a magazine that gave up the ghost to be able to scan, but was really almost having the ink falling off of the thing, a bit like an old negative at times. Tough to get there too clean for you, but it is a bit better than it started.
Tom West

Betti,Bruno-AlfaRomeo1.8ITurboSedan-Quattroruote11-1991
Posted Image

#11879 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:35

This is another piece from Bruno Betti, and published in Milleruote, 1971. This was a single-marque history on Alfa Romeo, so it included many classic and contemporary cars from A-R in illustrated form. This one is the road racing Alfa Romeo 33T T3.
Tom West

Betti,Bruno-AlfaRomeo33TT3-1971-Milleruote
Posted Image

Edited by TWest, 13 August 2012 - 15:27.

Advertisement

#11880 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:37

Another out of the Milleruote issue on Alfa-Romeo, this is Bruno Betti's illustration of the Alfa 1300 Giulia out of 1964.
Tom West

Betti,Bruno-AlfaRomeo1300Giulia-1964-Milleruote
Posted Image

#11881 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:42

Our last piece for the evening is back to that November, 1991 issue of Quattroruote with the Bruno Betti illustration of the racing BMW M3 3-series.
Hope this gets everyone going again. I know that I finally got my scanners and new (well, replacement) computer set up so that i can now scan anything with all this stuff hooked up instead of having to run it all through my laptop. Pretty good, and that G5 Mac is pretty impressive looking compared to what I had previously.
Enjoy the new week, all.
Tom West

Betti,Bruno-BMWM3Series3-Quattroruote11-1991
Posted Image

#11882 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:43

This is another piece from Bruno Betti, and published in Milleruote, 1971. This was a single-marque history on Alfa Romeo, so it included many classic and contemporary cars from A-R in illustrated form. This one is the road racing Alfa Rome- 33T T3.
Tom West
Betti,Bruno-AlfaRomeo33TT3-1971-Milleruote
Posted Image

Our second piece for a Sunday evening is another Bill Bennett piece from 1970. Again a relatively minor team Formula 1 car, the Surtees TS-7 out of Sports Car Graphic, December of 1970.
Tom West

Bennett,Bill-SurteesTS7Formula1-SCG12-1970
Posted Image

Third for the evening is an interesting 6-cylinder engine out of the Mercedes-Benz 300D, as illustrated by Vic Berris in the June, 1960 issue of Sports Car Illustrated.
Tom West

Posted Image

Really great stuff, Tom. :up: We'll get to the fabled page 300 yet.

#11883 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 15:25

Really great stuff, Tom. :up: We'll get to the fabled page 300 yet.

I wasn't even thinking about page 300, but I was determined to get us off of page 297 ... still just barely made it, but we can now move forward to 300. Pretty impressive, even if a few things have disappeared, assuming that is what happened. Wish everyone a pleasant week.
Tom West

#11884 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 22:51

A short biography of artist Ron Pettit, of John Deere fame.

Employed by John Deere for 37 years, Pettit spent most of that time making cut away technical illustrations of equipment for the company. These four-foot-wide detailed works on photographic paper with gouche (opaque watercolor) were based on thousands of blueprints, or many photos, and were used to explain how to maintain or run the machines or to show to potential customers.

The illustrations had to pass the meticulous inspections of the engineering team who designed the equipment, Pettit says. "They were accurate down to the number of teeth on a gear," he explained. "They had to be. People would be looking at how a machine worked." The reason why the illustrations were done with a water soluble medium, Pettit says, was so the artist could update the drawings when machines were redesigned. The drawings could be used for many years. "I just wet down an area and wipe it out," he says. "And put in the new design."

Retired from John Deere in 2001, Pettit now has time to pursue art for his own pleasure. He concentrates on subjects found around his rural home and paints them in acrylic on Masonite.
Peaceful and serene, these scenes retain this artist's highly developed sense of craftsmanship and detail.

Background: Petit struck out on his own at the age of 16 and began working to support himself. Yet while still in high school, he had taken a lot of mechanical drawing and math classes and had met a man who worked at John Deere who told him to come see him when he got out of high school. When Pettit did come to see him, he discovered the man had died.

Pettit also went to Augustana College for a year on an art scholarship, but he says he always knew he wanted to make cut away illustrations. He went to live with a brother in California and met another man through a friend who used an air brush to do cut away illustrations as a freelancer, sometimes for John Deere. This man offered a desk to Pettit for him to come in his studio and work: He would teach him the trade, but Pettit would not be paid. Pettit agreed. He worked for the man for nothing during the day and held down a night job to pay the bills.
Over a five-and-half-year period, Pettit began producing work that this man could charge clients for, and Pettit began earning money for his cutaway illustrations. Eventually Pettit was hired for John Deere and came to work in Moline. Some of his illustrations have won best of show awards nationally and internationally. In time, Pettit was made supervisor of quality control of the entire print department and hired people to make the cutaways. Towards the end of his time there, Pettit says the industry was changed by software which would enable artists to make cutaways on computers directly from designs. "I had the satisfaction of being able to make a few like that," Pettit says."So I saw the industry through quite a change."

On his work: Pettit calls his style of fine art "rural realism." Because he paints for his own satisfaction, Pettit says he's not always interested in selling his paintings. Even so, he says he's made some new smaller works that will be available and then there's the prints he's had made. It's no surprise that these reproductions are truer than most to the original.
"I said to the printer, `C'mon, you can do better than that,' " Pettit says with a smile about the proofs. "I knew he could be more accurate."

#11885 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 22:52

Posted Image
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. Artist, Betti brothers.

Posted Image
Ferrari Dino 246 F1. Artist, Betti. A slightly larger repost of that first posted by Ibsen on page 52. This version is listed as being by one of the Betti brothers though.

Posted Image
Horch eight-cylinder engine, 1938. Artist unknown.

#11886 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 22:55

The following were donated to the cause, by Antipodean Ace, Artist, Rod Waller, and I reckon that they are probably quite rare. The Artist details are given as, Fiat Turbine by Frank Kennard/ Antonio Toma. Ferrari 312B by Antonio Toma Venner Artists, (see bottom left of image). 1954 Lancia D50 by Frank Kennard/Antonio Toma. All from the magazine series 'On The Road'.

Posted Image
Fiat Turbine.

Posted Image
Ferrari 312B.

Posted Image
1954 Lancia D50.

#11887 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 813 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:07

Citro├źn LN 3CV 1976 by Editechnic

Posted Image

#11888 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,075 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:49

Our last piece for the evening is back to that November, 1991 issue of Quattroruote with the Bruno Betti illustration of the racing BMW M3 3-series.
Hope this gets everyone going again. I know that I finally got my scanners and new (well, replacement) computer set up so that i can now scan anything with all this stuff hooked up instead of having to run it all through my laptop. Pretty good, and that G5 Mac is pretty impressive looking compared to what I had previously.
Enjoy the new week, all.
Tom West

Betti,Bruno-BMWM3Series3-Quattroruote11-1991
Posted Image

Sure this is a Betti drawing? It does so not look like it to me. There is nothing cut...not even one window!

#11889 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 16:54

Sure this is a Betti drawing? It does so not look like it to me. There is nothing cut...not even one window!

There was no signature in the pages of Quattroruote, but it indicated that the illustrations there were all Bruno Betti. That is where this came from, but it would not be the first time a publication blew out the artist credit, I suppose. A bit different style than their normal, I agree, but in the absence of better information, it would either be Betti, or the lesser known "Unknown," as I identify such illustrations. Will revise my credit with yours and other opinions out there. What say ye?
Tom West

#11890 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 813 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 17:27

The Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6 DTM cutaway by Bruno Betti - page 134, post 5346.
Same style, no cut...not even one window. Signed Bruno Betti.

#11891 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 18:49

Posted Image
Audi Quattro Sport SWB. 300-bhp, 20-valve engine. Artist, unknown.

#11892 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 18:51

Posted Image
Volkswagen Golf. Artist unknown.

Posted Image
A variation of a previous posting. It's a bit of a spot the difference. Volkswagen Golf Late-1980's form. Artist, unknown

#11893 Embers

Embers

• 141 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 21:11

Here are the last two profile cutaways from the 56/57 issue of Air Progress, drawn by Walter M. Jefferies Jr., and showing the development of U.S. Army Air Corps / U.S.A.F. fighter development:
Posted ImageCurtiss P-1A, Boeing P-12E, Republic P-43A, North American F-51D, Lockheed F-80A
Posted ImageCurtiss P-6E, Boeing P-26A, Curtiss P-36A, Republic P-47D, North American F-86A

Probably not as much as we saw in aviation during WWII or during the Cold War. The technological advancement in aviation is most apparent in the second image. The Curtiss P-6E's service entry was 1931 while that of the F-86A was 1949, a span of only 18 years. F-86 development benefited from wartime technology, most apparently the swept aerosurfaces. Look at that passage of time from a present day perspective: Eighteen years ago was only 1994. Maybe the best current comparison is the progress in Information Technology.

#11894 TWest

TWest

• 1,579 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 22:02

Here are the last two profile cutaways from the 56/57 issue of Air Progress, drawn by Walter M. Jefferies Jr., and showing the development of U.S. Army Air Corps / U.S.A.F. fighter development:
Posted ImageCurtiss P-1A, Boeing P-12E, Republic P-43A, North American F-51D, Lockheed F-80A
Posted ImageCurtiss P-6E, Boeing P-26A, Curtiss P-36A, Republic P-47D, North American F-86A

Probably not as much as we saw in aviation during WWII or during the Cold War. The technological advancement in aviation is most apparent in the second image. The Curtiss P-6E's service entry was 1931 while that of the F-86A was 1949, a span of only 18 years. F-86 development benefited from wartime technology, most apparently the swept aerosurfaces. Look at that passage of time from a present day perspective: Eighteen years ago was only 1994. Maybe the best current comparison is the progress in Information Technology.

Not to be overly negative, but I doubt that we will be able to see much advancement in technology in the next World War. Doubt there will be enough time for any of that to happen. Nothing like the old days when we could start a war with Biplanes and finish with rockets and jets ... ah, the good old days ...
Tom West

#11895 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 23:00

Well, whatever happens, we at least know that World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. :)

#11896 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 813 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 23:03

Nissan VG30DETT engine by artist unknown - from the web. V6 DOHC bi-turbo.

Posted Image

#11897 Cbell

Cbell

• 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:44

Tom West

Posted Image

This is the 300SL engine, not 300D.

#11898 Motocar

Motocar

• 264 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 15:31

Soleil car cutaway, Centered proposal of a car that can be converted into a suitcase, this reminded us of the television animated series The Jetsons where the air car is turned to a small suitcase, this is not the case with this novel approach, called the Soleil as this auto / suitcase appreciation in Yahoo News for today, do not lose the opportunity to share with you all the friends of the forum, link to the news:
http://es-us.especiales.yahoo.com/fotos/un...1334320915.html

Posted Image

Other images of Soleil

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Success

#11899 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,560 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 19:32