Duc-Man

• 1,046 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 16:50

We had the first one before on pg.189. This time a bit bigger:
Posted Image
Artist is still unknown.
The same car by Giorgio Alisi:
Posted Image

And to answer Tony's question from pg.189: yes this was real!
Posted Image
It was the prototype for the Audi Quattro group S prototype. Rumor goes that Walter Röhrl got busted by the cops testing this car on some deserted roads close to the Czeck border. The cops were so excited about meeting Röhrl that they didn't notice what car they had in front of them...

Advertisement

#12652 dovatf

dovatf

• 43 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 20:29

Dovatf, the ultrarare Ricardo Gearbox cutaway you previously mentioned was published in July-August, 2001 issue of Automotive Engineer (which I have in my collection). If mister Matthews gives us his kind permission, I can scan it for you.

About Corvette transmission - I believe this is Tremec T56 by David Kimble - he did almost all cutaways for C5. Unfortunately, I didn't find better picture (despite of intensive search) - so if you will find it, please let me know;-) However, I do have similar automatic unit for Cadillac XLR (essentially reskinned C5 with Northstar engine), also by D.Kimble - it may already be posted here, though. Hi-res link: http://imageshack.us...5l50em22xlr.jpg

Thank you, yes it's a Tremec in transaxle version, I think the T56. The one you posted is the GM Hydramatic 6L80 for Cadillac XLR and Corvette.

Here comes the Lamborghini Urraco powertrain:

Posted Image

#12653 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 20:55

Thank you, yes it's a Tremec in transaxle version, I think the T56. The one you posted is the GM Hydramatic 6L80 for Cadillac XLR and Corvette.

Hmm... I think you are not quite right here - if you click my HiRes link, that gearbox is clearly signed as 5L50E M22. As far as I know, 6L80 MYC is this - both are Kimble's artworks, of course.
EDIT: I just wanted to add that Kimble actually did 6L80 in three versions - RWD, AWD and transaxle. Pictures below are scaled to match and can be easily superimposed to see the difference.

As for Ricardo racing unit - still waiting for green light from Tony;-)

Edited by Ventro, 31 May 2013 - 22:20.

#12654 dovatf

dovatf

• 43 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 23:19

Hmm... I think you are not quite right here - if you click my HiRes link, that gearbox is clearly signed as 5L50E M22. As far as I know, 6L80 MYC is this - both are Kimble's artworks, of course.

You're absolutely right, I had a too quick look and I confused the drawings, which have a strong similitude!

#12655 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:26

And a little more of Kimble today - recently find this cutaway of wonderful Pontiac engine in slightly better quality (it was already posted on page 262 according to index). HiRes: http://imageshack.us...cidtripower.jpg
If you are in such things, here is the original article http://www.highperfo...v8/viewall.html

Edited by Ventro, 31 May 2013 - 22:20.

#12656 dovatf

dovatf

• 43 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 20:47

Thanks a lot, I had never seen this one of the Pontiac V8. Nice drawing, but what a funny timing chain sprocket!

Interesting story on the link: I thought the stamped rockers were a Chevy invention, but I was wrong.

#12657 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:49

...Well, while parents (I mean, regular contributors) are not home yet, let's continue our little gearbox party:-)
To be honest, I'm hesitating a little about posting here such pragmatical stuff (it's not that amazing like supercar's cutaways) - but it is still Kimble's (one of the Big Contemporary Three, among Mr. Matthews and Betty brothers) and it's of quite good quality (3000 x 2400 pixels). So, here is Allison heavy truck transmissions (click links for HiRes) -

Allison 3000 Series http://imageshack.us...n3000series.jpg
Posted Image
Allison 4000 Series http://imageshack.us...n4000series.jpg
Posted Image
Allison Torqmatic T280R http://imageshack.us...qmatict280r.jpg
Posted Image

#12658 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:06

A huge thanks to the many who have been posting - it's great to see others getting involved. I for one really appreciated the Kimble transmissions.

Thanks also for the Betti Uranco powerplant - if anyone is interested, here is the same illustration in a different presentation, at a slightly larger scale.
Posted Image

I would like to introduce a designer/artist that I don't believe we have seen before, Alberto Hernandez Mendoza. Today I am attaching five one-off automobiles drawn by him, built by Steve Moal of Moal Coachbuilding located in Oakland, CA.

The first is the Ardun Roadster, which started life as a 1932 Ford and remains very recognizable and true to its roots.
Posted Image

Next is called the Zephyr, which began as a 1934 Ford boattail and also shows it heritage.
Posted Image

Next is the Torpedo, a purpose-built hot rod (no donor chassis) built around a Ferrari 5.5 liter v12 but with an American-style body.
Posted Image

Next is the Aero Sport, a significantly modified beauty that started life as a 1936 Ford. However, its owner, Eric Zausner (who also owns a couple of the other vehicles illustrated) wanted something more akin to a fighter plane. A separate insert shows how the interior gives that feeling - enhanced by the close-fitting top he has an experience unavailable in any other automobile.
Posted Image

Last is the Gatto, another purpose-built hot rod built around a Ferrari GTO v12. More like an European sports car in styling, it has a double-bubble roofline like Abarth and a front end reminiscent of OSCA or the early Ferrari GTO.
Posted Image

Peter

Edited by simplebrother, 28 May 2013 - 09:20.

#12659 quintin cloud

quintin cloud

• 4,589 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:26

The Gearbox cutaways are cool, thanks guys

Advertisement

#12660 312f1

312f1

• 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:56

Fiat 1800 sedan in colour, artist unknown.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#12661 alansart

alansart

• 4,000 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:06

I would like to introduce a designer/artist that I don't believe we have seen before, Alberto Hernandez Mendoza. Today I am attaching five one-off automobiles drawn by him, built by Steve Moal of Moal Coachbuilding located in Oakland, CA.

I really like these. In this day and age it's nice to see someone with an obvious talent getting the watercolours out. Lovely :)

#12662 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 13:39

I really like these. In this day and age it's nice to see someone with an obvious talent getting the watercolours out. Lovely :)

I was going to make a similar comment, Alan, but got distracted! Great to see a different style, too, and a good mix of technical and artistic. Very nice.

#12663 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 18:29

Thank you, guys - glad you like gearboxes as much as I like them ;-) Here is aforementioned Allison 4000 Series - only from another angle... and it is not Kimble (sorry about that ;-). I'll try to scan something from my magazine's collection next time.

Posted Image

Edited by Ventro, 31 May 2013 - 22:13.

#12664 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:12

Guys,
I want to thank all of you who stepped in to help fill in for the regulars. You have brought a new character to the posts, and that was a perfect reason for asking you guys to do this. I have really enjoyed the pieces that have been posted, and hope that you all stay active, which is what everyone wanted anyway.
I am going to step back in and post a few items. I have been saving these for a "book" project, but it seems like the demand for such an item seems to be pretty low of late. So, I thought I would put up a few different things that I have in that file.
There will be four illustrations, all by Steve Amos. I never met him, but he did work for Car Craft and Hot rod in the 1970s. This is the Steve Amos illustration of the 1978 NASCAR Oldsmobile Cutalss of Bobbie Allison to kick off the mini-collection of Amos artwork.
Tom West

Amos-78NASCARCutlass
Posted Image

#12665 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:18

This one is a bit more of a preliminary, as I have a feeling that they just ran out of time, as the particular issue of Hot Rod featured hot rod builder John Buttera and his latest creation, plus the Camaro that his son was building, as you see here. They ran illustrations of both, and they were both done in this style.
As was stated, this is John Buttera's son's '67 Camaro street machine, as modified under the watchful eyes of John and he amazing team of builders.
Tom West

Amos-Buttera67Camaro
Posted Image

#12666 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:22

Our third piece from Steve Amos was a Pontiac project making a real racing car from the "factory." Rather complete catalog of racing parts accompanied the Fiero SD4 of 1985 , and you could buy everything through that SD4 catalog from Pontiac.
Tom West

Amos-FieroSD4-1985
Posted Image

#12667 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:28

Our last piece from Steve Amos is actually one that never appeared like this. Across the top of two page spreads, the first carried a fully ilustrated image of the Grumpy Jenkins Camaro Pro Stock, one of the true state of the Art pieces in drag racing for the mid-70s, You tuned to the second spread and found, cross the top of those pages, a second illustration of the chassis and the "inside" of the car. I decided they were close enough so did a little massaging on the chassis illustration, dropped out some sections that were solid on the front piece, and ended up with a combined piece which is being premiered her with this note as the first time this has been seen as a complete cutaway. Rather a cool piece, especially if you have interest in drag racing.
Tom West

Amos-GrumpyToyComaro
Posted Image

#12668 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 811 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 14:34

Benetton B190 by Studio Collins.

Posted Image

#12669 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 17:32

Thanks for jumping back in, Ibsen. I feel like I have a real nuke effect on this board at times, as I try to get some things out there, and everyone disappears for days afterward. I was really enjoying seeing all of the unique material that had been coming in from everyone, and felt that they deserved a little support. As the Keeper of the Index, you are certainly more involved in the site than I, so good to have you back.
Even the Movie Monster stuff was pretty cool, although I am not really sure where to file it between my automotive and aircraft files ...

Tom West

#12670 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 20:23

Err... guys... Could someone please teach me how to post pictures like Ibsenop or TWest just did (when you have only small thumbnail which is link to HiRes at the same time) - I have a feeling that I'm looking kinda stupid with my images and separated HiRes links;-)

Below - yes, this is just a portable inverter (Yamaha EF1800iS)... but the beautiful one by Makoto Ouchi!

Posted Image

Edited by Ventro, 31 May 2013 - 22:17.

#12671 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 21:15

Err... guys... Could someone please teach me how to post pictures like Ibsenop or TWest just did (when you have only small thumbnail which is link to HiRes at the same time) - I have a feeling that I'm looking kinda stupid with my images and separated HiRes links;-)

Below - yes, this is just a portable inverter (Yamaha EF1800iS)... but the beautiful one by Makoto Ouchi!
Click for HiRes http://imageshack.us...ahaef1000is.jpg
Posted Image

You are not looking stupid at all, as this is not exactly an intuitive process for posting images here.
If you notice, most of our stuff is coming out of Imageshack, which is free for a while ... I am now on a paying deal to keep using it and storing the images there.
Once you are on, you go to My Images, and it has a list of things you can do, including to Upload Images. That will give you the normal search window to find the file and you just select the file. I suggest that you chose the Do Not Resize option ... but you have to have an image size that works. We get some files here that re 4000 pixels in the long dimension, which I love by the way, but I tend to post mine at 2500-3000 at the wideest.
ImageShack will upload your image, and you can go to the My Images pages and into the Information section at the top of the list of features next to your image. In there, you will get links for various versions of the image. You want to pick the link under Forums, copy it, and pasted it into your posting here. Again, I personally put it at the bottom of the post, with my file name showing above it. The lines above them become my caption, or note or whatever.
That is the way it works for me here on my Macintosh ... you should have similar results, although I don't know if there are differences on a PC.
Let me know if that does not make sense, which is fully likely ...
Tom West

#12672 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 21:19

Thanks a lot, Tom - I'll try right now...

Here is Honda BF60 outboard marine engine (unsigned, but I believe this is also Makoto Ouchi)...

Posted Image

Looks like it starting to work how I wanted... EDIT - no, it is only thumbnail... Will try again... Yes, definitely, thanks again;-)

Edited by Ventro, 31 May 2013 - 22:14.

#12673 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 22:02

... and more powerful sibling of the BF60 - Honda BF250, again by Makoto Ouchi-san (I think)...

Posted Image

Edited by Ventro, 31 May 2013 - 22:16.

#12674 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 15:21

Direct competitor of Honda BF250 from its archrival Yamaha - VF250 Vmax SHO (same displacement and both engines are V6 units, while Yamaha looks a little bit more performance-oriented). Yes, this is Ouchi-san again (unless you have some additional information on these cutaways).

Posted Image

#12675 Ventro

Ventro

• 22 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:22

... and the rest of my marine engines cutaway collection - at one bundle (technically, I have a couple more, but they are CG-renderings which are taboo here for very obvious and understandable reasons;-)

Yamaha F40
Posted Image

Yamaha F70
Posted Image

Yamaha F350 (current top model V8)
Posted Image

I wonder if you guys noticed (looking at all these cutaways) that both Yamaha V-units have reversed location of the intake and exhaust manifolds - compared to a traditional V-engines. Yamaha calls this "in-bank exhaust system" (first appeared in 2000 at then-top-model F225A) - "In order to build an outboard that is lightweight and compact, you need a small-displacement engine that achieves high combustion efficiency and high power output. In addition to the new engine unit specially developed for this model, the F225A also features a new "in-bank exhaust system" developed exclusively by Yamaha Motor to achieve greater compactness and lighter weight in combination with the 60-degree V6 DOHC power unit. It is a new system adopted for the first time in the world on a 4-stroke V-type outboard motor and features a phenomenal engineering design that reverses the conventional intake and exhaust system layouts seen on an automobile engine."

It looks like such "reversed" design became increasingly popular these days - just recall BMW's N63B44 TwinTurbo V8 engine (from '08 X5-X6) or latest Audi 4,0L V8 TFSI Biturbo. But if you are true cutaway zealot - you can trace the origins of this trend up to Ferrari 126C V6 Biturbo F1 racing engine;-)

F225A In-bank Exhaust System
Posted Image

Edited by Ventro, 02 June 2013 - 11:27.

#12676 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,423 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:09

Spotted for sale today in my local auction room (North Finchley, North London Auctions):

Posted Image

Mercedes W154 Silver Arrow No8 - 1938.

#12677 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:22

Posted Image

That's nice. No doubt others will have a better idea than me as to the illustrator - shades of Bill Bennett, perhaps, but a bit early for him. Probably not reach its reserve, or go for a tenner...

#12678 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,423 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:33

That's nice. No doubt others will have a better idea than me as to the illustrator - shades of Bill Bennett, perhaps, but a bit early for him. Probably not reach its reserve, or go for a tenner...

I'd be surprised if it reaches a tenner - Motor sport departed North Finchley with the death of Ian Walker... Nothing on the back except the word Mercedes (1938), the other info came from the catalogue.

Edited by Bloggsworth, 03 June 2013 - 11:34.

#12679 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 14:30

I'd be surprised if it reaches a tenner

Ha! Yes, I was being my usual optimistic little ray of sunshine!

Advertisement

#12680 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 14:43

Ha! Yes, I was being my usual optimistic little ray of sunshine!

More like something spoken by a true starving artist. Amazing how this went from a fairly active artform to pretty much nothing so quickly.
This particular piece is pretty interesting. If I had a place to use it, I would not mind getting something like that, just because it is something that I would not have been able to do. It does say No. 8, does that mean that there are more illustrations in the series? That might make this much more interesting.
Tom West

#12681 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,423 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:15

More like something spoken by a true starving artist. Amazing how this went from a fairly active artform to pretty much nothing so quickly.
This particular piece is pretty interesting. If I had a place to use it, I would not mind getting something like that, just because it is something that I would not have been able to do. It does say No. 8, does that mean that there are more illustrations in the series? That might make this much more interesting.
Tom West

I assumed Mercedes No 8 meant the number of the car in the race or the chassis number. Someone on the site will tell us when & where such a car ran wearing the number 8...

#12682 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 19:31

Spotted for sale today in my local auction room (North Finchley, North London Auctions):

Posted Image

Looks a little like the work of L.C.Cresswell. The hand behind those beautifully illustrated 'The Grand Prix Car' volumes.

#12683 312f1

312f1

• 40 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 21:06

Italian WW2 aircraft:

Caproni Campini N1 (also referred to as CC2)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

from wikipedia:
Exerimental aircraft built by the Italian aircraft manufacturer Caproni. In 1931, Italian engineer Secondo Campini submitted a report on the potential of jet propulsion to the Regia Aeronautica, and the following year, demonstrated a jet-powered boat in Venice. In 1934, the Regia Aeronautica granted approval for the development of a jet aircraft to demonstrate the principle.
As designed by Campini, the aircraft did not have a jet engine in the sense that we know them today. Rather, a conventional 900 hp (670 kW) Isotta Fraschini L.121 RC.40 12-cylinder liquid-cooled piston engine was used to drive a compressor, which forced air into a combustion chamber where it was mixed with fuel and ignited. The exhaust produced by this combustion was to drive the aircraft forward. Campini called this configuration a "thermojet," but the term "motorjet" is in common usage today for this arrangement since thermojet is now used to refer to a particular type of pulsejet (an unrelated form of jet engine). It has also been described as a ducted fan.
The prototype taken to the United Kingdom for tests subsequently disappeared. The other prototype is now on display at the Aeronautical Museum of Vigna di Valle near Rome and the ground testbed is at the Museum of Science and Technology in Milan.

#12684 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 21:38

Posted Image
Ferrari 312 T3. Artist, Bruno Betti. (Replacement for that on page 82).

Posted Image
Jack and Heinz, sleeve-valve engine. Draughtsman unknown.

#12685 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 21:39

Posted Image
EX-135. Alternate body form. Artist, Max Millar.

Posted Image
PzKpfw VI Ausf E Tiger. Artist, John Batchelor.

#12686 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 21:47

Posted Image
Wright Cyclone. Camshaft drive. Draughtsman, unknown.

Posted Image
Wright TC18 (Turbo Compound) R3350EA Series engine. Artist, unknown.

#12687 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 21:52

Posted Image
M.G. MK III. Artist, Max Millar.

Posted Image
Boeing Jetfoil. Artist, unknown.

#12688 Magoo

Magoo

• 2,428 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 16:10

For your listening and dancing pleasure, here are all the Tony Matthews cutaway stories featured at Mac's Motor City Garage.com so far, as a collection:

Tony Matthews at Mac's Motor City Garage.com

And heeeeeere are links to all the features individually:

Maserati 250F

Williams FW07

Honda Accord BTCC

Ilmor Chevrolet 265A Indy engine

Williams FW14

Auburn 851 Speedster

Buick Ilmor Indy V8 Never-Was

1994 Penske PC23

Chevy Ilmor 265B Indy engine

Penske 8760 Series damper

Lotus 95T Renault

Penske PC9 Cosworth Indy Car

BRM V16

Tom's Toyota Supra Touring Car Racer

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12689 tbolt

tbolt

• 152 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 19:10

[quote name='werks prototype' date='Jun 3 2013, 21:39' post='6298580']
Posted Image
EX-135. Alternate body form. Artist, Max Millar.

Any more information on this ? it looks like the early version known as "Humbug"or even MG EX127

Edited by tbolt, 04 June 2013 - 19:41.

#12690 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 23:56

Any more information on this ? it looks like the early version known as "Humbug"or even MG EX127

Here you go. A snippet from the source.

Posted Image

#12691 312f1

312f1

• 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:50

Italian WW2 aircraft continued:

The Savoia-Marchetti Sm79 Sparviero light bomber.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12692 312f1

312f1

• 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:31

More Italian WW2 aircraft: Three fighters.

Macchi MC202 Folgore
Posted Image

Fiat G55 Centauro
Posted Image

Reggiane RE2005 Sagittario
Posted Image

Edited by 312f1, 05 June 2013 - 06:34.

#12693 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:58

I have a new magazine that some of you may wish to pick up, featuring aviation cutaways, as I have described previously. This is the Aeroplane Collectors' Archive, one of their special edition Bookazine format publications. This one is built around, and titled Fleet Air Arm Aircraft of World War 2 ... British aircraft used by the Royal Navy.
These things feature period photos that are pretty cool, and mostly foldout pages for the cutaways so there is no concern for the split images from binding, with a couple of exceptions.
The cutaways in here are:
Supermarine Walrus II by Mike Badrocke.
Fairey Seafox by James Clark.
Fairey Albacore I by John Weal.
Supermarine Seafire XVII by James Clark.
Fairey Swordfish II by John Weal.
Fairey Fulmar I by John Weal.
Blackburn Skua II by James Clark.
Fairey Firefly I by James Clark.
Fairey Barracuda II by Max Millar.
Blackburn Firebrand IV by Unsigned.

It is interesting that I picked it up at Barnes and Noble, but, as of yesterday, it was still not listed on the publisher's website for sale.
If you get into the aircraft stuff, this is a good addition to your library.
Tom West

#12694 Motocar

Motocar

• 260 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 14:25

Very interesting finding Tom West, as you know I am interested in aircraft schematics cuts "Cutaways" Argentine writing in a forum where I upload some modifications of works by artists such as Mike Badrocke, or firms like Aviagraphica WEAL to recreate models exist that I have comartido in this forum.

:clap: Thanks Motocar

#12695 tbolt

tbolt

• 152 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 17:29

Thanks Werks.

I hope we still have the younger visitors to these pages, these two pieces are of a Napier Deltic Diesel with an explanation of how it works.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12696 312f1

312f1

• 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 22:59

And here is something for the young visitors:

Four Pokemon cutaways
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12697 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,046 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:15

We had plenty of aircraft before. Let's go a bit bigger!

Posted Image

Cutaway of the Macon by Kent Leech

And something with two wheels on flickr:
http://www.flickr.co...33662/lightbox/

Edited by Duc-Man, 06 June 2013 - 09:37.

#12698 Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

• 143 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 17:24

So, Werks Protoype, did you bid for lot '146 AN ORIGINAL ENGINEERING ILLUSTRATION OF A 1938 MERCEDES W154 SILVER ARROW ENGINE BAY £30 - 50' ?

I'd have said it was a Cresswell for certain

#12699 TWest

TWest

• 1,486 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 18:43

Cutawayland,
I thought you might like to see a bit of promotion for our work on another site, this being the Insider column by Phil Burgees at the NHRA website. We had talked about various things over the years, but I think this was better than I had thought it was going to be.
The article is a review of my work in drag racing, using various major cutaways that I selected, with the stories behind them. Might make an interesting read if you like that sort of thing.
Check it out here .. there will be more. No new stuff, so you have seen it all here before.

http://nhra.com/blog/dragster-insider/

Thanks,
Tom West

Advertisement

#12700 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,526 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 22:36

So, Werks Protoype, did you bid for lot '146 AN ORIGINAL ENGINEERING ILLUSTRATION OF A 1938 MERCEDES W154 SILVER ARROW ENGINE BAY £30 - 50' ?

I'd have said it was a Cresswell for certain

No, I didn't, unfortunately.

A couple of years ago though, I was fortunate enough to receive as a gift, those two aforementioned volumes that contain so much of Cresswell's elegant work.