The cutaway drawing and its artists

• Please log in to reply
13352 replies to this topic

#3651 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 19:58

Tony

is this one of yours, I forgot I had it until I saw your other Williams cutaway a bit earlier in the thread. I cannot see an artists signature on it.

Posted Image

Had it stashed in the attic for a while now until I can hang it in my new man cave if I ever get it built. I also have the same one in a cardboard tube, they were given to my Dad in the 90s by a local tyre depot the company he worked for used.

I don't feel it looks like a Matthews!
It might be a Sergio Baratto I'll have to check.

edit: It's not a Baratto either.

Edited by macoran, 03 February 2010 - 22:01.

Advertisement

#3652 carvad

carvad

• 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 20:09

TVR 3000

Posted Image

Edited by carvad, 03 February 2010 - 20:11.

#3653 theglenster

theglenster

• 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 20:55

Tony

is this one of yours, I forgot I had it until I saw your other Williams cutaway a bit earlier in the thread. I cannot see an artists signature on it.

Posted Image

Had it stashed in the attic for a while now until I can hang it in my new man cave if I ever get it built. I also have the same one in a cardboard tube, they were given to my Dad in the 90s by a local tyre depot the company he worked for used.

if thats a mathews ill eat my mouse!

#3654 TWest

TWest

• 1,570 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 21:46

I am going to say that I can't find a reference to that FW14B illustration in my list, so I have never seen the color illustration before. The only color cutaway that I have on the car is the one from the Tamiya kit box. I would have loved to have a copy of that thing ... another missed opportunity among many, I am sure.
Tom West

#3655 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 21:54

I don't feel it looks like a Matthews!
It might be a Sergio Baratto I'll have to check.

edit: It's not a Baratto either.

What is that signature like scribbly whotsit in the lower right hand corner ?

Edited by macoran, 03 February 2010 - 22:01.

#3656 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 22:21

Not mine Can't type much as slipped a disc. Agony

#3657 TWest

TWest

• 1,570 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 00:28

Sorry to hear that, but I can't imagine getting that deeply into typing to this group ...
I can also commiserate with you on the back problem. I really screwed myself up when I was 18 in a stupid weightlifting mistake and have paid for that little faux pas every day since. I still work out, but it can make you walk pretty strangely for all the weight that I push around in there.
I know that I always stood and raised the board pretty high to draw just to be able to do this stuff. After being away from it and getting out here, I had a light table, but it didn't go up that far. I had to sort of hang over it and that really torqued the back out of shape. I finally figured that I could rotate the board and have it more vertical and be sitting to stretch the back to a decent position.
Funny how something like that can effect something like this artwork ... I could see it if it was something a little more "physical."
Wish you nothing more than to feel better, Tony.
After that happens, we will work on something else for you.
Tom West

#3658 PAUL S

PAUL S

• 201 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:14

What is that signature like scribbly whotsit in the lower right hand corner ?

I think its Mansells

#3659 smarjoram

smarjoram

• 348 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:23

Sorry to hear about the bad back - hope it gets better soon. That's what happens when you walk about with tin foil on your face.

Advertisement

#3660 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 13:30

Posted Image

I think I've posted this before - I started the colour version but it was put to one side as I had to earn some money. The other one was a bit of a kick in the teeth, but it's water under the bridge, and meaningless now. I think that I was approached by the studio that produced it and asked if I would lend them my reference photos! What a laugh! Of course, I said yes...

My back is slowly recovering, thanks to large doses of cocodomol, ibroprufen and vallium plus lying flat on my back, but there is still some way to go before I can get back to the job I was doing -

Edited by Tony Matthews, 04 February 2010 - 13:44.

#3661 alansart

alansart

• 4,011 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 13:32

I think its Mansells

Blimey, he paints as well :lol:

#3662 alansart

alansart

• 4,011 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 13:53

Sorry to hear that Tony, but it seems it's not uncommon in our business. I've struggled for years, although reversing a Formula Ford at high speed into an Oulton tyre wall and a road accident haven't helped.

Like Tom, I tended to stand at a raised drawing board which helped, and I built my work benches high on purpose so I wasn't bending over all the time. If I do any drawing now I work on a flat table which can get very uncomfortable!!

Edited by alansart, 04 February 2010 - 13:54.

#3663 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 15:11

Sorry to hear that Tony, but it seems it's not uncommon in our business. I've struggled for years, although reversing a Formula Ford at high speed into an Oulton tyre wall and a road accident haven't helped.

Like Tom, I tended to stand at a raised drawing board which helped, and I built my work benches high on purpose so I wasn't bending over all the time. If I do any drawing now I work on a flat table which can get very uncomfortable!!

Thanks to all for the commiserations, but don't forget I'm not sitting at a desk all day! I did it building a suplementary studwork wall to act as a sound barrier between a small conference room and - a toilet! It wasn't even lugging 8x4 sheets of Soundbloc up four flights of stairs, simply stretching and twisting to free a recalcitrant ceiling tile! Ping! Anyway, I'm on the mend...

I spent my last years of illustrating on a flat desk, which I am sitting at at this very moment, and it was by far the best way for me, especially when painting, using a wash, as there was no chance of running. Water jars and coffee cups tend to stay where you put them, too!

#3664 TWest

TWest

• 1,570 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 19:01

Thanks to all for the commiserations, but don't forget I'm not sitting at a desk all day! I did it building a suplementary studwork wall to act as a sound barrier between a small conference room and - a toilet! It wasn't even lugging 8x4 sheets of Soundbloc up four flights of stairs, simply stretching and twisting to free a recalcitrant ceiling tile! Ping! Anyway, I'm on the mend...

I spent my last years of illustrating on a flat desk, which I am sitting at at this very moment, and it was by far the best way for me, especially when painting, using a wash, as there was no chance of running. Water jars and coffee cups tend to stay where you put them, too!

After I destroyed my back lifting weights when I was 18, I had a hell of a time with the lower back. I couldn't work out for almost ten years, so I gained a great deal of weight. I also have the strange thing where any stress hits me in that lower band running across the lower back, which I had injured, and the lower digestive tract. Both have given undesirable results, the second of which I will not detail, but the back would do reasonably well until I was under stress. I used to be in the Toy Industry and our big stressor point of the year was the Toy Fair period. I would always seem to pop the back out and end up at the end of the show being so locked up that I couldn't put on my shoes. By that point, I was married and my wife would come into New York for the last couple of days of the show so I had to use her as a bit of a servant girl to finish the dressing process. If I had felt a bit less pained, that could have been the start of a decent fantasy session, I suppose, but somehow we never built upon it in a good way ...
That board position thing makes a bit of difference, as I found that, for my pencil illustrations, I would tend to lean on the stuff and, with mylar as a base, it could really become more messy than I wanted. At least the vertical board is a little easier from that standpoint, although some directional gravitational device that would hang guides and that sort of thing on the "wall" would be a great help. I start to run out of flat areas around the board after a while.
Tony, I hope that things improve for you quickly. My advice: keep hitting those drugs ... and let me know which ones work best. I am taking Advil to the max, Naproxin and a couple of other things to try to enhance, but am still walking like Igor's failure this morning. Please help ... since who would you ask for medical advice over illustrators and car guys???
Tom West

#3665 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 21:34

OH ! That can be mighty painful.
Slipped a disc once myself. Walking from the hotel I stayed at, to my car.
It had snowed during the night and the early departures had packed the snow down firm driving down the hotel driveway.
However, there was good breeze up which iced up the packed snow. When I came out carrying my suitcase, briefcase and
laptop slung over my shoulder I slipped ever so slightly. Trying to regain balance I must have made a very strange movement
resulting in a snap of the back causing a disc to slip.

I don't like taking much medication, as I believe that a certain amount of pain warns of over-demands on the body,
but I remember taking truckloads then.

Here's wishing you well Tony.

Cheer up ! have a look at James Allington's 1966 Lotus Elan S3, from the book Inside 100 great cars.
It also appeared as the centre-spread in volume 45 of The Car.

Posted Image

Edited by macoran, 04 February 2010 - 21:35.

#3666 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 00:16

Here's wishing you well Tony.

Cheer up ! have a look at James Allington's 1966 Lotus Elan S3, from the book Inside 100 great cars.
It also appeared as the centre-spread in volume 45 of The Car.

Posted Image

Thanks Marc. The Elan cutaway was done at the same time that we were doing the Elan Workshop manual illustrations, mainly from what we saw at the Service Department at Panshanger Aerodrome, but obviously lots of trips to Chesunt initially. When Lotus moved to Hethel it involved much longer trips into the wilds of Norfolk to do the Elan Plus Two and the Europa.
It was at Panshanger that I learned of the whereabouts of the bits of my GN Akela...

There is an Elan Plus Two parked about thirty yards from me as I sit here, in silver. It looks surprisingly modern still...

Edited to say that the colour was added to the Elan decades later...

Edited by Tony Matthews, 05 February 2010 - 00:19.

#3667 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 20:06

Jim Allington's Ferrari 365 GTB4 Daytona. In Inside 100 Great Cars and volume 85 of The Car (All the World's Greatest Cars) magazine
Posted Image

Edited by macoran, 05 February 2010 - 20:07.

#3668 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

• 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 20:15

And now for something completely different - This is an RV-7A cutaway. It was done entirely in Illustrator and Photoshop. I think it still has the same look and feel as the illustrations I did completely by hand 2 years ago. The computer has a lot of advantages but I still miss doing these the 'old-school' way. http://img508.images...liderfinale.jpg

#3669 TWest

TWest

• 1,570 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 22:07

Jim Allington's Ferrari 365 GTB4 Daytona. In Inside 100 Great Cars and volume 85 of The Car (All the World's Greatest Cars) magazine
Posted Image

Marc,
Very nice job of cleaning that double page spread to get it to look that well. Always appreciate the effort that goes into getting these done, as I know what that can take. Thanks for doing them.
Tom West

#3670 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 813 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 23:05

Williams FW09 cutaway. Who is the artist?

Posted Image

Ibsen

#3671 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:51

And now for something completely different - This is an RV-7A cutaway. It was done entirely in Illustrator and Photoshop. I think it still has the same look and feel as the illustrations I did completely by hand 2 years ago. The computer has a lot of advantages but I still miss doing these the 'old-school' way. http://img508.images...liderfinale.jpg

Very nice indeed, Tom! I particularly like all the wing ribs, each one distinct and really metallic without being too sparkly. The resolution of your post isn't high enough to appreciate the engine detail, but the overall effect is great.

#3672 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 13:14

After I destroyed my back lifting weights when I was 18, I had a hell of a time with the lower back. I couldn't work out for almost ten years, so I gained a great deal of weight. I also have the strange thing where any stress hits me in that lower band running across the lower back, which I had injured, and the lower digestive tract. Both have given undesirable results, the second of which I will not detail, but the back would do reasonably well until I was under stress. I used to be in the Toy Industry and our big stressor point of the year was the Toy Fair period. I would always seem to pop the back out and end up at the end of the show being so locked up that I couldn't put on my shoes. By that point, I was married and my wife would come into New York for the last couple of days of the show so I had to use her as a bit of a servant girl to finish the dressing process. If I had felt a bit less pained, that could have been the start of a decent fantasy session, I suppose, but somehow we never built upon it in a good way ...
That board position thing makes a bit of difference, as I found that, for my pencil illustrations, I would tend to lean on the stuff and, with mylar as a base, it could really become more messy than I wanted. At least the vertical board is a little easier from that standpoint, although some directional gravitational device that would hang guides and that sort of thing on the "wall" would be a great help. I start to run out of flat areas around the board after a while.
Tony, I hope that things improve for you quickly. My advice: keep hitting those drugs ... and let me know which ones work best. I am taking Advil to the max, Naproxin and a couple of other things to try to enhance, but am still walking like Igor's failure this morning. Please help ... since who would you ask for medical advice over illustrators and car guys???
Tom West

I first damaged my back when I was ten, diving off a two-metre ( 6 foot) board, I must have hit the water bent over backwards. Spent the whole of the summer holidays in bed, having weekly injections in my butt from our family GP, Doctor Mackintosh - he used what looked like a Wanger grease-gun and a 0.5" diameter needle. Since then I've had the occasional spasm, and every few years a complete lock-up. Being tall doesn't help, but I firmly believe core-strength is the answer - strong stomach muscles help support the back. The weird thing is you never know when it is going to strike. Three weeks lugging heavy fence posts, large metal panels, bent double digging holes and pushing wheelbarrows full of wet concrete up muddy slopes - no worries. Reach and twist to move a ceiling tile weighing eight ounces and that's it - crippled.

Any way, lying on a hard floor, taking Valium, max doses of Solpadol and Ibroprufen and being extremely careful to avoid twisting or bending the lower back works, but it takes some days. If you have a cronic condition, Tom, I am really sorry, at least I am OK between rare attacks. I have to try and get back to work on Monday as one of my client's conference rooms is out of commission. However, if it hurts too much I will leave it - I have no option, because next time it could be hospital...

#3673 Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson

• 101 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 18:43

I first damaged my back when I was ten, diving off a two-metre ( 6 foot) board, I must have hit the water bent over backwards. Spent the whole of the summer holidays in bed, having weekly injections in my butt from our family GP, Doctor Mackintosh - he used what looked like a Wanger grease-gun and a 0.5" diameter needle. Since then I've had the occasional spasm, and every few years a complete lock-up. Being tall doesn't help, but I firmly believe core-strength is the answer - strong stomach muscles help support the back. The weird thing is you never know when it is going to strike. Three weeks lugging heavy fence posts, large metal panels, bent double digging holes and pushing wheelbarrows full of wet concrete up muddy slopes - no worries. Reach and twist to move a ceiling tile weighing eight ounces and that's it - crippled.

Any way, lying on a hard floor, taking Valium, max doses of Solpadol and Ibroprufen and being extremely careful to avoid twisting or bending the lower back works, but it takes some days. If you have a cronic condition, Tom, I am really sorry, at least I am OK between rare attacks. I have to try and get back to work on Monday as one of my client's conference rooms is out of commission. However, if it hurts too much I will leave it - I have no option, because next time it could be hospital...

I have a war story to add......Back in 2002, I crashed my Ducati 996 (may she rest in piece) and spent a month in hospital, followed by a miserable 6 month recovery period where the only comfortable position was flat on me back. Eventually the bills stacked up and I figured I'd better come up with a way to get back to work. Sitting was right out. No way could I manage that since my hip and most of my port side was really messed up. Ideally, laying down on my back with the drafting board suspended above me inverted would have been the way to go but....damn.......the ink in the rapidographs wouldn't flow uphill! So with a neighbor's help, we put the drafting board on the floor and rigged up some padding and got all the tools I would need within reach. So there I was, laying belly side down did the first pen stroke. Success! Except after about 2 minutes, my neck began to refuse to hold my huge noggin at the proper focal length distance. More padding with various pillows and the sort remedied that. Now for the next problem - I had previously worked for hours without even thinking about it. Add pain to the equation, and my endurance level was reduced to short sprints of 30 minute maximums. I worked like this for I think about 6 months. I hope I never have to do that again.

#3674 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 19:14

Tales from the Illustrators' Infirmary - Stories of Pain, Humiliation, Heroism in the Face of Crippling, Self-induced Injury, with a hint of Alcoholism and Incontinence, the while Meeting Impossible Deadlines. Available in paperback, but not from me...

#3675 alansart

alansart

• 4,011 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 19:28

Tales from the Illustrators' Infirmary - Stories of Pain, Humiliation, Heroism in the Face of Crippling, Self-induced Injury, with a hint of Alcoholism and Incontinence, the while Meeting Impossible Deadlines. Available in paperback, but not from me...

I'll do Chapter 3 :cry:

#3676 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 19:59

Posted Image

Ibsen

I haven't a clue Ibsen, I can't even place the style.

Meanwhile, this Jaguar XJS from Inside 100 Great Cars as well as Volume 94 of The Car magazine
Posted Image

unsigned, and not accredited.............but me says it is a Vic Berris cutaway.

#3677 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 20:00

I'll do Chapter 3 :cry:

Don't forget to assign someone to do the indexices

#3678 MCS

MCS

• 3,539 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 20:15

......Any way, lying on a hard floor, taking Valium, max doses of Solpadol and Ibroprufen and being extremely careful to avoid twisting or bending the lower back works, but it takes some days. If you have a cronic condition, Tom, I am really sorry, at least I am OK between rare attacks. I have to try and get back to work on Monday as one of my client's conference rooms is out of commission. However, if it hurts too much I will leave it - I have no option, because next time it could be hospital...

I hadn't realised you were a fellow sufferer, Tony. If it's any consolation, although I doubt it will be, I've tweaked my back shaving in the morning and peering out of a window in Italy to take a photograph in recent years. No warning whatsoever in either case of the impending hell. First slipped a disc 21 years ago playing cricket - some twit was clearly trying to knock my block off, bowling bouncers. I hit two sixes and a four and then I couldn't even hold my bat properly. Clean bowled, middle stump, next ball wondering if somebody had actually shot me in the base of the spine from the boundary with a high-velocity rifle.

Anyway, enough of this horrible history. Forget the Solpadol and Ibroprufen, get some Diclofenac (Sodium Enteric). I was initially prescribed this by some chap up the road from you at Pinehill and it really does the trick. Take two and you're fine - take more and you're in Cloud Cuckoo Land. Your choice! Hope you make a swift recovery.

#3679 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:22

Marc,
Thanks for doing them.
Tom West

I am enjoying these cutaways a lot more because of posting them Tom. Many of them I haven't seen for a long time.
On top of that the attic is getting cleared out and re-arranged. The stacks of paper which used to be on the left,
are now on the right and vice versa. :)

Another one of James Allington's, also published in Inside 100 Great Cars as well as issue 96 of The Car magazine
The Aston Martin DB2 / 2-4
Posted Image

Edit to mention that if anyone would like to see the full page scan, drop me a line

Edited by macoran, 07 February 2010 - 11:24.

Advertisement

#3680 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:21

I am enjoying these cutaways a lot more because of posting them Tom. Many of them I haven't seen for a long time.
On top of that the attic is getting cleared out and re-arranged. The stacks of paper which used to be on the left,
are now on the right and vice versa. :)

Standard procedure, Marc!

Posted Image

Interesting that whoever did the cut-out removed the lower front tyre tread on the left rear wheel. Why do they do that? I see it all the time, mainly when photographs of cars are used in classified ads. You see Porsche 911 turbo's with what look like motorcycle tyres.

#3681 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 13:21

Interesting that whoever did the cut-out removed the lower front tyre tread on the left rear wheel. Why do they do that? I see it all the time, mainly when photographs of cars are used in classified ads. You see Porsche 911 turbo's with what look like motorcycle tyres.

In this case it is clearly because the have removed James' signature....I think.
In one of the other Allington's which I'll post they have just left enough to see the date part of his signature

As for the ads, it is just hasty, sloppy cutting and pasting work

#3682 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 13:49

In this case it is clearly because the have removed James' signature....I think.
In one of the other Allington's which I'll post they have just left enough to see the date part of his signature

As for the ads, it is just hasty, sloppy cutting and pasting work

That is no excuse Marc!

#3683 B Squared

B Squared

• 3,156 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 14:01

I think that is the KE 007, the 1976 model that impressed in practice before crashing heavily at the Fuji.
The KE 009 was slightly different, it had a radiator on the nose cone.

Foolish me! I trusted the artist to label his own work correctly. As you can see, by the driver's right front wheel, in with the Japanese, one can clearly make out KE-009. I'm no Kojima expert, what is one to do in such a case? Not label it at all? Let you experts figure it out without comment? Just asking.

#3684 Youichi

Youichi

• 2,996 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 14:58

Posted Image

Ibsen

I have no idea who drew this, but is it still a cutaway when no cutting has taken place ?

The artist has adjusted the opaqueness of the bodywork, rather than cut holes.

Is there a technical term for this method ? an opaquery drawing ?

#3685 theglenster

theglenster

• 33 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 15:05

Is there a technical term for this method ? an opaquery drawing ?

ghosting

#3686 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 16:08

ghosting

GHOOOOOSTING

#3687 smarjoram

smarjoram

• 348 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 18:11

I quickly fixed the wheel on the Aston. It's not perfect but better than before...

Posted Image

#3688 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 18:18

I quickly fixed the wheel on the Aston. It's not perfect but better than before...

Posted Image

Thanks Smarj - now, can you make it Left Hand drive?

#3689 smarjoram

smarjoram

• 348 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 21:47

Thanks Smarj - now, can you make it Left Hand drive?

yup, no problem ;)
Posted Image

I thought I'd found a new cutaway this evening. I have an old German book on motorsport from the 50's - a present from a shoe shop. It has a very nice w196 which I scanned in - only to find it's already on page 52. I've uploaded it anyway as it's a bit higher resoluton and includes the signature - looks like Wesner or Werner?
Posted Image

#3690 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 21:48

yup, no problem ;)
Posted Image

Clever clogs - I thought that's what you would do!

#3691 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 21:52

I thought I'd found a new cutaway this evening. I have an old German book on motorsport from the 50's - a present from a shoe shop. It has a very nice w196 which I scanned in - only to find it's already on page 52. I've uploaded it anyway as it's a bit higher resoluton and includes the signature - looks like Wesner or Werner?
Posted Image

This is the first time I've seen that illustration complete with annotation - I can't think why, as it is a period, German illustration, that it wasn't used in Autospurt, rather than the Japanese one - sorry, the name escapes me.

Edited to say - Yoshikawa

Edited by Tony Matthews, 07 February 2010 - 21:54.

#3692 TWest

TWest

• 1,570 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 22:02

This is the first time I've seen that illustration complete with annotation - I can't think why, as it is a period, German illustration, that it wasn't used in Autospurt, rather than the Japanese one - sorry, the name escapes me.

Edited to say - Yoshikawa

For some reason, I had always read that signature to be Womas. Would that make any more sense to anyone?
Tom West

#3693 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 22:22

looks like Wesner or Werner?

It is Sigfried Werner. the artist who did most of the German, especially the Mercedes publicity drawing work

#3694 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 22:27

yup, no problem ;)

Now.....how come the carbs are in the wrong place on the left hand drive model ?

#3695 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 22:39

It seems like we should have a quiz moment. I mean it is the 3698th post !!
This cutaway is in Inside 100 Great Cars but not credited.
Somehow it buggered me, because I recognized I know not what.
I've been looking around and found a credit somewhere.

So.....I'd say go ahead and guess... WHO ?

Normal quiz regulations apply... meaning all those that have something to do with this drawing are exempted from participation.
That is the biggest clue in itself !
Posted Image

Edited by macoran, 07 February 2010 - 22:43.

#3696 Robin Fairservice

Robin Fairservice

• 493 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 00:23

Kopie?

#3697 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:30

For some reason, I had always read that signature to be Womas. Would that make any more sense to anyone?
Tom West

I hope no-one thought I meant that the drawing was by Yoshikawa - it is, as Marc pointed out, Seigfried Werner - the one in Autospurt is by Mr Y.

That smarj, eh? Got a lot of work ahead of him if he's going to do it properly!

#3698 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,230 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:40

The Lovely looking Chevron B19 FVC Ford Cosworth. Copied of an Abarth from the same era.
Posted Image

Edited by eldougo, 15 February 2010 - 01:00.

#3699 TWest

TWest

• 1,570 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:49

It seems like we should have a quiz moment. I mean it is the 3698th post !!
This cutaway is in Inside 100 Great Cars but not credited.
Somehow it buggered me, because I recognized I know not what.
I've been looking around and found a credit somewhere.

So.....I'd say go ahead and guess... WHO ?

Normal quiz regulations apply... meaning all those that have something to do with this drawing are exempted from participation.
That is the biggest clue in itself !
Posted Image

Believe that this is from our own Mr. Matthews. Thought that I saw it credited somewhere at some time ... not to be overly specific about it.
Tom West

Advertisement

#3700 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 18:52

Kopie?

No Robin I am sorry that is a bit misleading.
kopie is Dutch for copy.
As the orginal scan is from a magazine, it has quite some accompanying text and some small photographs.
I copied the scan and then cleaned away all the surrounding stuff to get a nice crisp cutaway only.