13381 replies to this topic

#4651 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:50

Lamborghini Urraco engine and gearbox cutaway by Bruno Betti

Posted Image

Ibsen

I reckon Bruno Betti at one time may well have had a studio full of metal offcuts! (Looking at some of the edges and the specificity of the cuts)

Edited by werks prototype, 24 April 2010 - 07:56.

Advertisement

#4652 theglenster

theglenster

• 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 13:48

Lamborghini Urraco engine and gearbox cutaway by Bruno Betti

Posted Image

Ibsen

this i like much better than that v12 from earlyer. strange to see such conflicting styles coming from the same illustrator for the same client. i also wish gearboxes were included with engine cutaways more often because they do kinda belong together.

#4653 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 14:17

this i like much better than that v12 from earlyer. strange to see such conflicting styles coming from the same illustrator for the same client. i also wish gearboxes were included with engine cutaways more often because they do kinda belong together.

I'm intrigued to know why you prefer it. Do you think the V12 is too colourfull, or slick? Or that you just like the gearbox included? I think there is quite a gap in years between the two, and both the Betti's were prolific, I assume changes occured through tedium as much as anything! My work changed a fair bit over the years, but eventually I reached the point where I couldn't think how to 'improve' on my style - the only options were to carry on, start again with a completely new approach, or stop. Brian Hatton changed his style more than any illustrator that I can think of, possibly for the same reason as Bruno Betti. Without input from either, it's hard to know!

I agree about engines and gearboxes, they do belong!

#4654 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 814 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 14:51

More Lamborghini Stuff

Lamborghini Countach cutaway by Unknown artist.

Posted Image

Posted Image

From the web - Only low resolution.

Ibsen

#4655 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 17:13

More Lamborghini Stuff

Lamborghini Countach cutaway by Unknown artist.

Posted Image
Ibsen

Takashi Jufuku ?

#4656 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,183 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 18:40

Hopefully this will work out!

The Shell book I mentioned earlier

No date on it, no author and no artists names.

Front cover

Posted Image

Page 1, the heading indicates three flaps to turn

Posted Image

Flap 2

Posted Image

Flap 3, there are actually several smaller flaps on each image, but they are too small to bend back for scanning. For example the cylinder liners flick down on this one.

Posted Image

Page 9 the engine, if you look you can see there are flaps on the carb magneto and oil pump, but again too small to bend down to scan

Posted Image

But the big flap reveals this

Posted Image

anfd the bigger flap this
Posted Image

Each page breaks down the same, some with up to twenty smaller revealing flaps on the components. Opposite a full index, and in the back a description of each part and technical specs for Shell products.

I love this thing and brought it twenty years ago and have never seen one with ALL the bits in, and even then, only ever seen another two! Hope it was worth the wait!!

It's quite big 15 inches by 10 so sorry the edges are cut off!

#4657 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 23:19

That really is fascinating and very unique Steve. :up: :) What was the year of publication?

The concept reminds me a little of the Jigsaws that were produced depicting Tony's work. In a similar sense the pop-up (window style 'opening') cutaway seems so obvious, yet is obviously quite rare. What a great item to hold.

Thanks very much for sharing. :up:

#4658 morganw

morganw

• 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:53

What's a fair price for my father-in-law's collection of cutaway drawing prints (and a couple other items)?

My father-in-law wants me to find a buyer, but I think I'll just offer him $150 for the whole shebang and matte & frame a few.

Am I being too cheap? The collection is:

Jesse Alexander's book "Looking Back" which is offered (but sells?) on Amazon used for $85.
A signed (& dedicated to my father-in-law's deceased brother) Alfa Romeo Tipo 159 portfolio by Jesse Alexander.
A collection of 11x14 black & white cutaways: 16 60's & 70's open-wheel cars, 5 Can-Am cars and a stock car. Some by "matthews" (Tony?), some by BENNETT, some copyright LAT. They look like a series that came with a magazine description I saw upthread.

My father-in-law (Phil) & his brother (Dale) used to hang around Lime Rock when it first opened & Dale raced in SCCA his whole life, most successfully in a Mini Cooper.

Tyrrell MK2-Ford . F1 -- LAT
STP-Lotus 56 . Turbine -- Bennett
McRae GM1 Chevrolet F-5000 -- Matthews
Brabham BT-34 . F1 -- LAT
UOP-Shadow . Ford F1 -- Matthews
Surtees TS 14A . Ford . F1 --Matthews
Tyrrell 005 . F1 -- Matthews
Lola T330 . Chevrolet . F-5000 -- LAT
Yardley-BRM . P160 . F1 -- LAT
Ferrari 312 B/2 . F1 -- LAT
March-Alfa Romeo 711 . F1 -- LAT
McLaren M19-F1 -- LAT
Cooper . M1968 . F1 -- Bennett
Honda . RA . 301 . F1 -- Bennett - M.S.I.A.
McLaren M7A . Ford . F1 -- Bennett/LAT
Lotus-Ford 72 . F1 -- LAT

Lola T160 . Chevrolet . Can Am -- AB
Gulf-Mirage . Weslake V12 -- Matthews/LAT (this one's gorgeous!)
Ferrari 312P -- Matthews/LAT
March . BMW 735 . 2-Litre -- Matthews/LAT
McLaren M8A1 . Chevrolet . Can-Am -- AB

Mick Hill's Boss Capri V8 -- Matthews/LAT

I can post some scans. Requests?

-M

#4659 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,183 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:54

There are no dates on it anywhere, but the evidence (magneto ignition, auto-vacs for fule etc) suggests the thirties, early forties.

There are twenty pages of drawings in all, and each has up to twenty flaps, some full size like the body over chassis, others just the float bowl on the carb'.

I contacted Shell and their only responsde was "we don't have one or a record of it, could we have that one". It was a short answer!

Advertisement

#4660 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:34

-M

Oh yes please !!

#4661 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:37

What's a fair price for my father-in-law's collection of cutaway drawing prints (and a couple other items)?

My father-in-law wants me to find a buyer, but I think I'll just offer him $150 for the whole shebang and matte & frame a few.

Am I being too cheap? The collection is:

Jesse Alexander's book "Looking Back" which is offered (but sells?) on Amazon used for $85.
A signed (& dedicated to my father-in-law's deceased brother) Alfa Romeo Tipo 159 portfolio by Jesse Alexander.
A collection of 11x14 black & white cutaways: 16 60's & 70's open-wheel cars, 5 Can-Am cars and a stock car. Some by "matthews" (Tony?), some by BENNETT, some copyright LAT. They look like a series that came with a magazine description I saw upthread.

My father-in-law (Phil) & his brother (Dale) used to hang around Lime Rock when it first opened & Dale raced in SCCA his whole life, most successfully in a Mini Cooper.

McLaren M19-F1 -- LAT

-M

:up: I would be looking forward to seeing any and all! (Particularly the McLaren's!)

#4662 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:48

McLaren M19-F1 -- LAT

-M

For what it's worth the following were mine too - Tyrrell, BT34, BRM P160, Ferrari 312B2, March 711, McLaren M19 and Lotus 72. I'm sure some of these have already been posted, but the Surtees TS14 definitely hasn't. Although, as I have written 'definitely' someone will no doubt point out that it has been posted!

AB is, as I wrote earlier, Andrew Brown, and the reason my name apears as 'matthews' on the LAT stuff is, as I think I have also said before, that Mr WJ Tee was adamant that I could only use my initials, like the journalists, until I pointed out something which I had only just noted - that Bill Bennet had used 'Bennet' to sign his work. He squirmed a bit and said, grudgingly "Alright boy, you can use Matthews, but can't you work it into the drawing, you know, in the tyre tread or something?" I snorted that no, I couldn't! "Alright, but make it small!" So small it was, using Letraset, a small sheet of which I had found in a drawer, lower-case only - but there was no 'w', so I used an upside-down 'm'. Or was it that there was no 'm' so I used... What day is it?

#4663 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:54

, using Letraset, a small sheet of which I had found in a drawer, lower-case only - but there was no 'w', so I used an upside-down 'm'. Or was it that there was no 'm' so I used... What day is it?

:)

Edited by werks prototype, 25 April 2010 - 13:14.

#4664 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 13:05

Hopefully this will work out!

The Shell book I mentioned earlier

No date on it, no author and no artists names.

Front cover

Posted Image

Page 1, the heading indicates three flaps to turn

Posted Image

Flap 2

Posted Image

Flap 3, there are actually several smaller flaps on each image, but they are too small to bend back for scanning. For example the cylinder liners flick down on this one.

Posted Image

Page 9 the engine, if you look you can see there are flaps on the carb magneto and oil pump, but again too small to bend down to scan

Posted Image

But the big flap reveals this

Posted Image

anfd the bigger flap this
Posted Image

Each page breaks down the same, some with up to twenty smaller revealing flaps on the components. Opposite a full index, and in the back a description of each part and technical specs for Shell products.

I love this thing and brought it twenty years ago and have never seen one with ALL the bits in, and even then, only ever seen another two! Hope it was worth the wait!!

It's quite big 15 inches by 10 so sorry the edges are cut off!

Thank you very much sf1, what a lovely book - and it proves that there is not much new under the sun! I am always impressed by early printing - earlier than that book. The Victorians used to produce Christmas, Easter and Valtentine cars with stunning colour printing, really rich colour, perfect alignment, and often die-cut with complex shapes, such as pierced lace edges, the cuts perfectly clean and sharp.

I have a copy of the BRM V16 book with the multi-page isometric engine cutaway, but this, I think, is better - at least the perspective is not distorted. I can't think why that sort of production has not been done since - as far as I know - it can't just be a matter of cost, as I have two very complex pop-up books that didn't cost a fortune. Perhaps I should do a 'TM Motor Racing Advent Calander', with accompanying CD of engine sounds sampled to play several popular carols.

I will be keeping a look-out for a copy of the book - I wonder how many still exist.

Edited by Tony Matthews, 25 April 2010 - 16:42.

#4665 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 13:05

Lancia Stratos Rally Cross-section By 'Bertone'

Lancia Stratos Sketch By 'Bertone'

Posted Image

Edited by werks prototype, 28 April 2010 - 18:31.

#4666 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 814 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 13:35

Lamborghini Gallardo plan view and cross section (not a cutaway)

Posted Image Posted Image

ibsen

#4667 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 14:38

From the May 1933 issue of Popular Science the Robot Cow:

Posted Image

Edited by helioseism, 25 April 2010 - 14:39.

#4668 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 15:12

I should be able to add

Lamborghini Miura by Keith Fretwell
Lamborghini Urraco by Martin Donovan

as soon as I take apart "Inside 100 Great Cars". As it is a bound book,
I want to check and see how to thread it back together again first.

edit to add......and a low res Murcielago

I have had a copy of "Inside 100 Great Books" for some time but just obtained a second for $4 just for the purpose of taking it apart. Here are a couple of the drawings - if folks would prefer that I post them in two halves, I will gladly do that as I realize my skills at splicing are not as good as most of yours and my scanner will only accept the single page. Hopefully I have correctly attached thumbnails - this is a first effort. Thanks to all for a great thread!

Posted Image

Uploaded with Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#4669 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,589 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 15:52

My browser cannot locate the Amilcar. Is it me?
RL

#4670 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 16:03

I have had a copy of "Inside 100 Great Books" for some time but just obtained a second for $4 just for the purpose of taking it apart. Here are a couple of the drawings - if folks would prefer that I post them in two halves, I will gladly do that as I realize my skills at splicing are not as good as most of yours and my scanner will only accept the single page. Hopefully I have correctly attached thumbnails - this is a first effort. Thanks to all for a great thread!

Posted Image

Uploaded with Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:up: Great stuff. Looking forward to more of these. Amilcar links to the virgin homepage though at the mo.

Edited by werks prototype, 25 April 2010 - 16:05.

#4671 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 16:17

[quote name='simplebrother' date='Apr 25 2010, 07:12' post='4312727']

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amilcar link corrected

#4672 Cam2InfoNeeded

Cam2InfoNeeded

• 206 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 18:52

Posted Image

I'm not a Cobra expert, but how many genuine Shelby 427 Cobras were right-hand drive?

Edited by Cam2InfoNeeded, 25 April 2010 - 18:53.

#4673 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 19:20

BMW Alpina
Lancia Delta S4
Audi Quattro

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by werks prototype, 28 April 2010 - 18:32.

#4674 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 19:44

I should be able to add

Lamborghini Miura by Keith Fretwell
Lamborghini Urraco by Martin Donovan

as soon as I take apart "Inside 100 Great Cars". As it is a bound book,
I want to check and see how to thread it back together again first.

edit to add......and a low res Murcielago

Posted Image
Posted Image

They were also published in The Car magazine
Miura in Nr 1, Urraco in Nr 65
Edit, The Miura engine is by Cavara

Edited by macoran, 25 April 2010 - 20:45.

#4675 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 21:57

Posted Image

They were also published in The Car magazine
Miura in Nr 1, Urraco in Nr 65
Edit, The Miura engine is by Cavara

Wow :eek:

#4676 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 22:42

Slightly diff version of the one on page 64.

1969 Lotus 63 Cosworth By Bruno Betti
Ford Capri 1969 By Theo Page In its working context
Vauxhall Chevette 1975 Tony Lofthouse (Rather rough)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by werks prototype, 28 April 2010 - 18:26.

#4677 terrance trump

terrance trump

• 30 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 22:51

Thank you very much sf1, what a lovely book - and it proves that there is not much new under the sun! I am always impressed by early printing - earlier than that book. The Victorians used to produce Christmas, Easter and Valtentine cars with stunning colour printing, really rich colour, perfect alignment, and often die-cut with complex shapes, such as pierced lace edges, the cuts perfectly clean and sharp.

I have a copy of the BRM V16 book with the multi-page isometric engine cutaway, but this, I think, is better - at least the perspective is not distorted. I can't think why that sort of production has not been done since - as far as I know - it can't just be a matter of cost, as I have two very complex pop-up books that didn't cost a fortune. Perhaps I should do a 'TM Motor Racing Advent Calander', with accompanying CD of engine sounds sampled to play several popular carols.

I will be keeping a look-out for a copy of the book - I wonder how many still exist.

I have one for sale on Ebay. Very reasonable price. Just search under Rancethebus

#4678 simplebrother

simplebrother

• 313 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:21

Posted Image

I'm not a Cobra expert, but how many genuine Shelby 427 Cobras were right-hand drive?

I'm not one either, and I can't answer the question about how many, but according so someone who knows more than me, the original plan called for the Shelby Cobra to be sold only in the U.S., but that didn’t last long. The first right-hand-drive cars were completed as early as summer 1963, though it wasn’t until the end of 1964 that AC officially launched the 289 model on the British market. The cars were also sold in Europe. The original Ace-chassis Cobra ended in early 1965, when production changed over to the truly ferocious Cobra 427, built on a new chassis dubbed “Mark III.”

Some more items from Inside 100 Great Cars...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4679 alansart

alansart

• 4,016 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:28

I'm not sure if Dutch artist Rens Biesma has been mentioned here yet.

These Maserati's look interesting.

Advertisement

#4680 theglenster

theglenster

• 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:11

I'm intrigued to know why you prefer it.

yeah i definatly agree that bruno had a much more colourfully style than
Giulio. and it realy shows with the v12, although i think its an illustration
thats acompanied by maybe a list of functions, maybe even anotated.
Giulios work has much more of an air of reality to it, rather like your own
style, if i may say.

when i was learning tech.ill it was almost beaten into me that an illustrator
earns his living of his style. i guess that must have been true for the big
names? with computers ive never realy been able to define myself a style.
i much prefer the subtleness of the V8s chrome. i feel that the old brown floor
blue sky reflection as an easy way out.

i just think the front of the engine could have been handled a little better, i
mean the gears and the main gear cover. i think it could have all been shown
with just cutting and not useing semi ghosting techniques. but,yes the carbon
fiber is very well executed.

but then again i was/am more interested in the construction of a piece than the
actual finished work.

anyway enough of my ramblings, i thought id show a few new rendering of the
construction of my 300sl. please excuse they fact theres no colour or textures,
these renders are helping me to decide on what can be seen and how much
energy/time/beer goes onto certain parts.

render 1
render 2

render 3
render 4

#4681 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:32

yeah i definatly agree that bruno had a much more colourfully style than
Giulio. and it realy shows with the v12, although i think its an illustration
thats acompanied by maybe a list of functions, maybe even anotated.
Giulios work has much more of an air of reality to it, rather like your own
style, if i may say.

It is always easy to tell that an illustration is a Betti, and very often that a Betti is a Bruno or Giulio without hesitation. I wonder if the slight difference is a result of a concious decision, or just a natural occurrence.

when i was learning tech.ill it was almost beaten into me that an illustrator
earns his living of his style. i guess that must have been true for the big
names? with computers ive never realy been able to define myself a style.
i much prefer the subtleness of the V8s chrome. i feel that the old brown floor
blue sky reflection as an easy way out.

The importance, or not, of a personal style has been discussed before - my feeling is that if you work for a studio, or freelance for a publisher or manufacturer that has a particular style, then you have to forget your own likes and dislikes and match whatever you are asked to. If you are fortunate enough to trade on your own name and style, then you do what you can to have a style that you are happy to produce, yet attracts clients and looks sufficently different from other illustrators' work to be noticeable. My B&W work did not look like James Allington's, not because I didn't want to produce pastiches of his drawings, but because I had a naturally different style. However, while I worked for him I had to produce work in the 'Allington' style, companies were not too happy if our work looked very different from other studios that they used, they would have been even more upset if they were getting two distinct styles from one studio! Like a pub band, usually you are called upon to bang out favourites from the charts, by a multitude of artists - nothing wrong with that - but for ultimate satisfaction, fame, untold riches, girls, cars, boats and mansions you have to write your own stuff. Unfortunately I chose illustrating...

i just think the front of the engine could have been handled a little better, i
mean the gears and the main gear cover. i think it could have all been shown
with just cutting and not useing semi ghosting techniques. but,yes the carbon
fiber is very well executed.

I am not a fan of ghosting. Some illustrators do it better than others, and sometimes it is the only way of tackling a problem, but I much prefer cutting away.

but then again i was/am more interested in the construction of a piece than the
actual finished work.

Me too!

anyway enough of my ramblings, i thought id show a few new rendering of the
construction of my 300sl. please excuse they fact theres no colour or textures,
these renders are helping me to decide on what can be seen and how much
energy/time/beer goes onto certain parts.

render 1
render 2

render 3
render 4

Very nice indeed! My experience was that the more beer there was in the equation, the less time and energy was available...

#4682 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,183 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 13:12

Posted Image

Now that's weird, I used to drive that car quite a lot. Not that model, but THAT very car BG0 246, when PFH used to own it. Now seeing it like that, I don't recall the box shaped hole in the floor by the drivers side at all!!!

As regards the Sheel book I just found this, Maurice Beck???

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3cac78d636

Edited by f1steveuk, 26 April 2010 - 13:16.

#4683 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 13:30

Now that's weird, I used to drive that car quite a lot. Not that model, but THAT very car BG0 246, when PFH used to own it. Now seeing it like that, I don't recall the box shaped hole in the floor by the drivers side at all!!!

As regards the Shell book I just found this, Maurice Beck???

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3cac78d636

It's not very precisely drawn or coloured - looks like a tool-box under the floor. Could there have been a lift-out panel in the floor that you didn't notice? This is the problem with inaccurate illustrations, they create as many questions as they answer. 'Oos PFH? I probably should know...

Thanks for the notification.

#4684 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,442 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 13:42

Am I missing something, chaps? The only box I can see on the driver's side has the battery in it, and would presumably be covered by the seat in normal use.

#4685 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 14:00

Am I missing something, chaps? The only box I can see on the driver's side has the battery in it, and would presumably be covered by the seat in normal use.

:) You are right Tim - the battery was so obvious that my brain told me 'on the otherside', where there is a ghostly, dark hole cum box - that is what I was refering to, and I think Steve must have been, too!

#4686 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,442 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 14:58

Ah! Yes I see now - we'll have to wait for Steve to come back on this. By the way, PFH is the late Paul Foulkes-Halbard, for whom Steve used to curate the Filching Motor Museum.

#4687 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,183 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 15:22

I can't answer, as the particular drawing has gone!

I used the initials as Paul Foulkes-Halbard is fairly well known, and for many reasons (!!). and as has been pointed out, I was curator at his musem for some years, hence how I got to drive BGO.

If the drawing re-appears, I'll take another look, but the French internet is anything but speedy!

I'm trying to find a copy of "Modern World" magazine that I have that has a strange cutaway of Goldie Gardner's EX135.

Edited by f1steveuk, 26 April 2010 - 15:23.

#4688 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 15:35

I can't answer, as the particular drawing has gone!

You are right, it has gorn. I wonder if it was a copyright issue.

#4689 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 15:42

I used the initials as Paul Foulkes-Halbard is fairly well known, and for many reasons (!!). and as has been pointed out, I was curator at his musem for some years, hence how I got to drive BGO.

I've done a BB search, and Googled him, with no results, and I've never heard of him! However, I knew of your curatorship - curating? - but not where you practiced it.

#4690 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 16:19

I've done a BB search, and Googled him, with no results, and I've never heard of him! However, I knew of your curatorship - curating? - but not where you practiced it.

Here you are Tony. http://www.bing.com/...-...mp;qs=n&sk=

#4691 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 16:24

I'm not sure if Dutch artist Rens Biesma has been mentioned here yet.

I posted his Alfa Romeo 8C on page 46

#4692 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 16:36

Here you are Tony. http://www.bing.com/...-...mp;qs=n&sk=

You live and learn, wp, thanks.

#4693 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,442 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 18:30

More on Foulkes-Halbard and the museum here:

Filching Manor Motor Museum

#4694 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 18:52

From Inside 100 Great Cars and issue 16 of The Car magazine
Morgan Super Aero 3 wheeler credited to Roger Farrington
Posted Image

#4695 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 00:25

The many faces of Opel.

1986 Opel Kadett Rallye 4X4 (Factory illustration)
Opel Manta (Factory illustration)
Opel Manta (Factory illustration) Variation, spot the difference.
Opel Monza (Factory illustration)
1976 Opel kadett (Factory illustration)
1976 Opel Manta (Factory illustration)
Opel GT (Factory illustration)
1973 Opel Commodore (Factory illustration)
Opel Cadet (Factory illustration)
Opel Rekord (Factory illustration)
1951 Opel Kapitan (Factory illustration)
1959-63 Hydramatic-Transmission from the Opel Kapitan (Factory illustration)
Opel GT Auto-Transmission (Factory illustration)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by werks prototype, 28 April 2010 - 18:47.

#4696 ibsenop

ibsenop

• 814 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:00

Serpollet Steam Car 1906 cutaway by Franco Rosso.

Posted Image

Ibsen

TNF Cutaway Index updated - page 110 - post 4367

Edited by ibsenop, 27 April 2010 - 01:13.

#4697 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:11

Serpollet Steam Car 1906 cutaway by Franco Rosso.

Posted Image

Ibsen

What a beautiful Kettle she has!

#4698 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:31

Ibsen

TNF Cutaway Index updated - page 110 - post 4367

Many thanks as usual Ibsen. :up: The Lamborghini section has certainly undergone a rapid expansion :eek:

#4699 fnqvmuch

fnqvmuch

• 115 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:33

Posted Image

Posted Image
just bumper-bars?
steven
(this is fun ...)

Edited by fnqvmuch, 27 April 2010 - 01:35.

Advertisement

#4700 werks prototype

werks prototype

• 5,590 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:48

just bumper-bars?
steven
(this is fun ...)

:up: Yep, you got it fnqvmuch

(All other differences are print errors or other such optical aberrations) I was tempted to insist that the shape of the shadow beneath the car as well as the missing rear seat-belt and loop also constituted a genuine production variation but I couldn't think of anyone who would actually accept that)