Photo

Motorsport: what's to see in Hong Kong?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Holger Merten

Holger Merten

• 1,836 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:41

I will have a few days holiday in Hongkong in march. Is there anything worth to see besides what lonely planet suggests. A good motorsport bookshop, a forgotten track, a museum? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

#2 Graham Gauld

Graham Gauld

• 1,118 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:03

Not much in Hong Kong but if you take a trip in the ferry over to Macau there is a motor museum there near the circuit. You can then walk round the circuit and be amazed that people not only race cars but motorcycles there. In the museum are a number of interesting cars including three or four of Teddy Yip's cars. One is the car Ayrton Senna raced at Macau and they have the winning F3 cars of Michael Schuacher and David Coultard there. Also Macau is a quaint place with its strong Portuguese roots.

#3 Holger Merten

Holger Merten

• 1,836 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 22:34

Sorry, Macau won't be on the trip list. Will enjoy the harbour and forget racing for a week, thanks Graham.

#4 philippe charuest

philippe charuest

• 701 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 22:42

years ago there was a kart race of international level at hong kong , the biggest of the season after the world championship, i thinq the site was victoria park ,all the european factory team were doing the trip and all the great of the time have race there the mike wilson terry fullerton ayrton senna, and so on

#5 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,131 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:18

Both Golden Hill and Wong Nei Chong Gap have been used as hillclimbs in the past - John MacDonald raced on them.

#6 eldougo

eldougo

• 6,022 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:54

Holger ...... Macau is just a short trip away,take it from ME don't waist you time in Honkers.

#7 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,529 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 17:03

Is the Macau museum easy to find, ? What name does it have?

Roger Lund.

#8 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,529 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 17:07

Sorry, just being idle as I thought it may be hard to find.. I have now googled it.