Photo

Introduce yourself!

• Please log in to reply
2749 replies to this topic

#2601 retrospeed

retrospeed

• 94 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 15:13

Well, here we are. I started reading Motoring News when the 'big' Healey was at the top of its game and Jim Clark was a regular at Brands. Now into my second career I am doing what I always should have done, and that's compete and report classic motorsport. I can't think of a better lifestyle. IMHO When travelling I enjoy Motor Sport magazine with its informative lengthy features and always carry a couple of books. The future may be with the internet, (not allowed to promote or advertise!) but nothing will take the place of a comfortable chair, a drink and a good old fashioned read. There is room for both. PB

Edited by retrospeed, 16 April 2011 - 15:16.

Advertisement

#2602 droopsnoot

droopsnoot

• 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:06

Hi, I'm Mike and I was drawn to the forum by the photos of club racing and decide to sign up so I can post some of my own. I've been reasonably interested in motorsport for some years, starting really with rallying in the early 80s when my mate's Dad took us to Chester to watch the start of the RAC. I've done my time chasing the RAC in a hire car, back when it wasn't just in Cardiff, and now most of the motorsport stuff I see is historic in one way or another. In my other life I do computer-y stuff, I have a 1976 Vauxhall Firenza which I show in the North West, and I'm restoring another old Vauxhall, a very rusty Sportshatch.

#2603 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,639 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:53

Well, here we are. I started reading Motoring News when the 'big' Healey was at the top of its game and Jim Clark was a regular at Brands. Now into my second career I am doing what I always should have done, and that's compete and report classic motorsport. I can't think of a better lifestyle. IMHO When travelling I enjoy Motor Sport magazine with its informative lengthy features and always carry a couple of books. The future may be with the internet, (not allowed to promote or advertise!) but nothing will take the place of a comfortable chair, a drink and a good old fashioned read. There is room for both. PB

Welcome, Peter. I'm sure people won't mind you posting a link to your excellent Retro-Speed website (if they don't know it already). http://www.retro-speed.co.uk/

#2604 retrospeed

retrospeed

• 94 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 15:33

Welcome, Peter. I'm sure people won't mind you posting a link to your excellent Retro-Speed website (if they don't know it already). http://www.retro-speed.co.uk/

Many thanks Alan, much appreciated. Peter

#2605 PeteRichardson

PeteRichardson

• 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 22:36

Hello all - I'm Pete. I'm new and perhaps not as experienced as some of you around here, but I have a massive passion for motorsports past and present - Thanks to many lessons from my petrolhead Dad (a spectator at many legendary Brands races in the late 60s/70s) and many trips to Brands Hatch and one or two other places myself. I look forward to being able to get involved with the discussions - I will hopefully be able to pop a few photos on soon as and when I take them!

#2606 ClintonPaech

ClintonPaech

• 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:24

My father (Lyndsay Paech) used to own and race the Nedloh way back when I could sit on his knee and steer her around the old gravel pits at Calder (late 60s - early to mid 70s)

He told me that the original owner / builder he bought the Neddy from was a gentleman called Jimmy Russell.
Dad then sold the car to David and Allan Lowe, and David raced the old girl until he sold her.
Some many years ago a family friend saw the Neddy in a museum in Queensland, but can't remember the name or exactly where......Dont know if it is still there!!

Anyway would love to find the old girl and get some new photos for Dad as he will be 70 this year and he still speaks with great pride of the old girl.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Clinton Paech

#2607 michael84

michael84

• 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 21:56

Hi My name is Michael And Im 27 years old From Australia.I have two young boys who im hoping take a keen interest in motorsport also.

I stubbled upon this site when i was researching on Australian Touring Car Championship project im working on.(I dont want to relieve to many details atm) And any help I recieve from this forum will be acknowedged.

I love all motorsport but my main interest is Touring Cars.

I look forward to reading old stories and looking at pictures.

#2608 JohnPackham

JohnPackham

• 75 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:42

Hi to all, My name is in my login... I was an active UK club racer in the late 1980s and early 1990s, mostly in FF1600 then an instructor during the 90s (off and on) and in the early 00s. The first race meeting I ever attended was the British GP in 1970. I saw my hero, Jochen Rindt, grab the race back from Jack Brabham on the last lap. I was reading the programme only two days ago. I have all the race programmes for all the meetings I've been to, both as a driver, race engineer and spectator. There seem to be a fair few autographs I can't put a name to. Memorable races are that 1970 GP, the Rothmans 50,000 libre race in 1972, the GP at Silverstone (1975?) when everybody got caught out in the downpour at Club corner, various Le Mans 24h, Champcar at Cleveland in 1998, the list goes on.

My favourite circuit is Catalunya although Spa still lights me up.

I'm now living in the south of France, enjoying the sun, the wine and the occasional venture to the circuits. I don't race any more but have done the occasional track day - not the same thing at all I'm afraid. - and mainly I watch bike racing these days. Formula 1 I find boring and I've given up going to Le Mans because the drinking culture (not to mention the loos) ruins it all. Nuff said.

I'm always interested to hear from any drivers who I raced with in the 80s and 90s.

Surprisingly I only discovered this forum recently because I found a photo of me in one of the threads!

#2609 MCS

MCS

• 3,532 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 19:10

Wow. Thanks Alan, welcome Peter. What an absolutely fantastic website!

#2610 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 21:20

Originally posted by michael84
Hi My name is Michael and I'm 27 years old From Australia.I have two young boys who im hoping take a keen interest in motorsport also.

I stumbled upon this site when i was researching on Australian Touring Car Championship project I'm working on.(I don't want to reveal too many details atm) And any help I receive from this forum will be acknowledged.

I love all motorsport but my main interest is Touring Cars.

I look forward to reading old stories and looking at pictures.

David Shaw is also doing research on this topic... you might be of assistance to one another...

David already has a Gold Star website on the go, but I guess someone your age would be hard pressed to know what the Gold Star once was.

John... seems you had an exciting time in your life, you're going to have to tell us some stories about it all!

#2611 southcoast

southcoast

• 36 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 14:10

Hello all,

What a great forum ! I've been popping by for a few months but have only just decided to register.

I don't really know what to say...hmmm... Oulton Park was my local circuit as a lad (mid 70s to mid 80s) and my dad took me to most of the car meetings during this period. It's the stories and photos of this era at Oulton that brought me here I suppose.

Anyways, I'm now a regular at Brands, as I live on the south coast in Sussex.

That's all for now

Cheers !

#2612 gerryracer

gerryracer

• 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 16:56

I am so old I really don't know if I have introduced myself. In case I have not.....
I'm GERRY TAYLOR and I raced special saloon cars from 1963 until 1976. I loved every second, and I still watch when I can.
Be Lucky!
Gerry

#2613 anthonyf

anthonyf

• 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:02

Hi My name is Anthony,Aged 47 Electronics Engineer by trade, reside Northamptonshire UK.Recently joined TNF although i have been a lurker for a while.
Some of you know me as contacts through my Flickr photostream where my username is Antsphoto, if you not please take a look at the photostream, theres images from 1980 onwards, plenty to interest the Racing nostalgia enthusiast.
My interest or passion for racing comes from my father, We often went to Bike meets at Mallory Park,But in 1971 because of John Surtees and Mike Hailwood in F1 we went to the International Trophy at Silverstone and from that day as a 8 year old i was hooked.
Over the years i have collected many Autographs and in 1979 i received my first proper camera for Christmas, A canon AE1, The best gift i ever received, so my passion for photography was born.
Still follow modern racing, but my main interest these days is in Historic and classics, look forward to making a contribution to TNF, Regards Anthony.

Edited by anthonyf, 09 May 2011 - 12:03.

#2614 alansart

alansart

• 4,007 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 16:17

Welcome Anthony. Are you going to join the Wednesday morning, Mallory Park Paparazzi :)

#2615 anthonyf

anthonyf

• 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 17:31

Welcome Anthony. Are you going to join the Wednesday morning, Mallory Park Paparazzi :)

Thanks Alan, Yes i think a visit will be on the agenda shortly.

#2616 Alexis68

Alexis68

• 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 14:23

Hello, My Name is Alexis Scott, I have been a motorsport fan all my life, I owned a spridget for a number of years and come from a motorsport obsessed familly, My father was a motorsport Photographer for many years he also had a hand in building a driving a sports special with his brothers Peter and Graeme in the early seventies, I have a few of his old pics that I will post over in the old photos thread in due time,
Looks llike a great forum,
regards,
Alexis

#2617 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 15:32

Welcome Alexis. You don't say where you're from, but as you name Elfin and Webber among your favourite teams and drivers I presume you're Australian? There are members here from all over the world - mostly UK-based, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Australians than Americans

Edited by David McKinney, 17 May 2011 - 15:33.

#2618 Alexis68

Alexis68

• 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 15:47

Welcome Alexis. You don't say where you're from, but as you name Elfin and Webber among your favourite teams and drivers I presume you're Australian? There are members here from all over the world - mostly UK-based, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Australians than Americans

Woops, yes your right, I'm from Adelaide South Australia, thanks for the welcome, and I have seen lots of names from down under on this forum so far,
regards,
Alexis

#2619 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:20

And a welcome from me, Alexis...

I'm sure you're too young to remember me.

Advertisement

#2620 Alexis68

Alexis68

• 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 13:32

And a welcome from me, Alexis...

I'm sure you're too young to remember me.

yes you would be right there, Ray, but Dad remembers you, from Peters racing days,

thanks for the welcome,

enjoying this forum, I spend a lot of my time on a RC Helicopter forum as that is one of my Hobbies and my son has developed quite a name for himself as an aerobatic heli flyer.
regards,
Alexis

#2621 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 20:41

I've lost touch with Peter, Alexis... is he still in the US?

Any possibility you can e.mail me his address?

#2622 Alexis68

Alexis68

• 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 13:22

I've lost touch with Peter, Alexis... is he still in the US?

Any possibility you can e.mail me his address?

Hi Ray, I tried sending you a PM but apparently your inbox is full,

#2623 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 13:29

That's why I asked for an e.mail...

Check my e.mail address at the bottom of my post. In fact, you just click on it!

#2624 Hyfire

Hyfire

• 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:46

Hello,

Just wanted to follow the rules and post an intro.

I have been here a couple years... Been reading.... but just havent posted. My name is Josh. I am located in Southern California. I am a big fan of 1950's-1970's SCCA.

Thanks for having me here!

Josh

#2625 EdwinSchimmel

EdwinSchimmel

• 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:04

Hello,

As a new member here let me introduce myself. I am Edwin Schimmel, 34 years old living in Zeist, The Netherlands. I work as an assistant Air Traffic Controller within the Royal Netherlands Air Force. As a photographer I work for a Dutch online autosport magazine, named RaceXpress.com. My first Formula1 race I visited was the Belgium Grand Prix in 2000 (yes, the one with the amazing overtaking manouvre before la source by Hakkinen on Schumacher). Thereafter I visited many more F1 Grand Prix and test sessions on Spa Francorchamps, Nurburgring, Monza and Barcelona. Beside Formula 1 I am also interested in GP2, GP3, WTCC and FIA GT1.

Thanks for having me here as well and if you have any questions/remarks, please feel free to drop me a line on e.schimmel@live.nl

Regards, Edwin Schimmel

Edited by EdwinSchimmel, 20 May 2011 - 09:05.

#2626 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 6,834 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:29

I am so old I really don't know if I have introduced myself. In case I have not.....
I'm GERRY TAYLOR and I raced special saloon cars from 1963 until 1976. I loved every second, and I still watch when I can.
Be Lucky!
Gerry

Gerry who? you say?? :) A big warm welcome Gerry...regale us with a few stories :cool:

#2627 sgtbob

sgtbob

• 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 15:47

Greetings!

MGA & MGB owner located in Palm Harbor, FL

Also, my company built the local Ferrari dealership, one of only 34 in North America.

I'm about to start a rebuild on a car which appears to have been a trials racer in 1933-1934 (+?).

How would I research the vehicle that I own from here in the US?

I badly need help from an expert !

1933 MG J2
Chassis Number: J 3663
Registration Number: MG 2762
Original Owner: J.M. Horan (London)

#2628 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:39

You need the MG Car Club's Triple M Register
http://www.triple-mregister.org/
My 1986 edition shows your car was owned at that time by Bernard Bowler

#2629 zeb911

zeb911

• 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 14:57

Jez 44, north west based but originally from Yorkshire (wouldn't want anyone to think I was from the darkside of the pennines now!)

. Competed in my youth mainly rallying and motorcycle trials until my knees gave up before I did. :lol:

like most forms of motorsport, BTCC,WRC and many happy times at Le Mans

#2630 smigel

smigel

• 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 18:49

Hello everyone

I'm Andy, living in Somerset in SW UK but originally from within earshot of Oulton Park. I first went in late '76 so missed all the glory years on the old circuit ): , although I vaguely remember an Austin Maxi promotion which I think must have been in 1969? where we got driven around.

A friend of my fathers was one of the original shareholders in Cheshire Car Circuits so we used to borrow his tickets every weekend, bikes or cars, till ~'81. My favourite circuit by a country mile. I think I have some photos somewhere....

Always aimed to get into car design, but accidentally ended up in aviation. I have always preferred sports cars, done most Le Mans since '83 and haven't got to a Grand Prix yet. I have been very patriotic in my choice of road cars, Lotus Europa S2, Plus 2 and Exige S1 and some classic Land Rovers thrown in over the years, so you can see I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

I'm restoring a 1979 Lola T492 currently, which was road-going :eek: when I got it about 3 years ago. Always fancied one of these since seeing the first S2000 race in 1977. Must get myself sorted to do something with it when its finished before I get too old (Licence, helmet etc.) I need to post a few questions about its background in due course. It arrived with me via the racing school at Zandvoort, was then hill-climbed in the Channel Islands and then converted for roadgoing use, apparently.

Hope everyone has a good season

Andy

#2631 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 13:25

Could be an interesting thing on the road, but I gather that's not the direction you'll take with it?

What engine does it have or is it getting?

Welcome to the forum...

#2632 smigel

smigel

• 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:27

Could be an interesting thing on the road, but I gather that's not the direction you'll take with it?

What engine does it have or is it getting?

Welcome to the forum...

Ray

I only drove it VERY briefly in road-going form whilst preparing it for an MoT it never got in my ownership , not too good on the ground clearance front on the local lanes. I think it was probably a little too interesting on the road.

It did have a 2.1 litre Pinto with twin 45 Webers, now going back to 2 litres with a Weber 32/36 DGV to conform to Historic Sports 2000 regs.

All the best

Andy

#2633 CutawayKing

CutawayKing

• 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:04

Hello all,
I am new to the forum.

The forum was reccomended to me by another member, some very interesting reading here and i look foward to joining in with certain topics.

Thanks,
Darren

#2634 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,022 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 22:01

Welcome, Darren, looking forward to your contributions.

#2635 CutawayKing

CutawayKing

• 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 22:45

Welcome, Darren, looking forward to your contributions.

Thanks for the warm welcome D-Type.

Darren

#2636 David Beard

David Beard

• 4,884 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 14:16

Hi My name is Anthony,Aged 47 Electronics Engineer by trade, reside Northamptonshire UK. Recently joined TNF although i have been a lurker for a while.
Some of you know me as contacts through my Flickr photostream where my username is Antsphoto, if you not please take a look at the photostream, theres images from 1980 onwards, plenty to interest the Racing nostalgia enthusiast.

Good to see you here, Anthony. Been enjoying your Flickr stuff for a while of course!

#2637 Charlieman

Charlieman

• 198 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 20:13

I'm Phil, a long time spectator at VSCC, VMCC, HSCC, 750MC events. I enjoy amateurism and underdogs. In recent years, I make sure that I go to a MotoGP, 'cos it is cracking good fun. Last year I went to Macau for the weekend of armco destruction by sports and saloon car drivers. The SuperBike guys who race there are incredibly brave, very talented, and they put on a good show.

I've been a forum member for a couple of years, as a lurker. In every day life, I rarely interject in conversations about motorsport or how cars work, in case I come across as a know all. Here, I rarely interject because there are so many gaps in my knowledge.

I live in Leicester and must really pop over to Mallory for one of the Wednesday test mornings. How would I spot a TNFer?

#2638 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:07

About time you put a word or two in, Phil!

I don't think anyone here thinks of people who know what went on as being a know-all. In fact, good information is appreciated.

#2639 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:59

I think the point is, Ray, that some of us aging enthusiasts who think we know it all have failing memories :lol:

Advertisement

#2640 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:11

Who does that?

I can't imagine that happening, David!

Anyway, why be afraid of it, someone will correct us if we're wrong... then we'll be right again.

#2641 AleSi

AleSi

• 27 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:47

Hi,

My name is Ales Sirny. I´m from Czech republic, Brno. I´m 26, but my passion for the motorsport history is huge. I work for small company as a chief editor of online magazine about Brno´s fairtrade. I´m also main editor of czech motorbikes championship - Czech Endurance Cup.

I follow motorsport since 1997. I´ve been visiting Nostalgia forum for a few years, but never became a member until today. This year I visited Goodwood FoS for the very first time and I met "Condor" there. Well, in the pub in the evening. She convinced me to become a member so I´m here and ready to talk about motorsport.

Ales "AleSi" Sirny

#2642 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,218 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:01

Good to have you here, Ales - and nice work Condor.

#2643 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:22

Welcome, Ales...

Somewhere around here I've posted a picture of an F3 race from the sixties at Brno, but it's been lost in cyberspace right now. I'll try to find it because no less a personage than Mike Argetsinger said that he thought it might be the best motor sports picture he's ever seen.

#2644 AleSi

AleSi

• 27 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:58

Welcome, Ales...

Somewhere around here I've posted a picture of an F3 race from the sixties at Brno, but it's been lost in cyberspace right now. I'll try to find it because no less a personage than Mike Argetsinger said that he thought it might be the best motor sports picture he's ever seen.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Well Ray, it must be really great picture, if Argentsinger thinks it´s one of the best. Hope you will find it, looking forward to see it.

#2645 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,218 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:21

Would it be this one, Ray?

Posted Image

#2646 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,754 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 13:22

Yes, that would be the one...

It evaporated off my ISP's webspace, I found tonight, yet here it is back on there!

I'll have to re-jig it back into the thread where Mike expressed his admiration for it, thanks Tim. I can't even remember who sent it to me to post now.

#2647 AleSi

AleSi

• 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 13:15

Amazing picture.

I´m glad to live in Brno, which had / has one of the most beautiful circuit in Europe. Sometimes I use road, which used to be part of the old circuit and I always remember the old good days of pre-war grand prix.

#2648 petersracing

petersracing

• 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:54

My name is Ian Peters

I live in Adelaide, Australia and probably should have stayed out of motorsport as I have a namesake in Queensland who I have never met but have surely caused some confusion to over the last 30 years. I think Ive got discounts at some of the suppliers that he has earned so it worked out OK for me.

My racing career started with hill climbs and sprints in various Lotus in the late 70s. I thought single seaters would be fun and providence came my way in 1981 when I went a car auction where they were selling a Bowin F3 car miss-advertised as a "Brown F3" It was truly awful with the typical coats of matt black over everything and lagged in metallic purple and various peoples "enhancements". What was luminous was the quality of the construction underneath. The solid riveted tub was a joy and I bought it without further research. After speaking to John Joyce, the constructor, I found this was the first Bowin and had been driven by a gentleman called Glyn Scott. I didn't know him as he had died 11 years before when I was 10. He was a guy who enjoyed a Gold Star career in his later life surrounded by the young up and comers. I spent the next few years getting it clean and running and ran it in the new historic group O with a twin cam engine instead of the original FVA which, as a young man, I could never hope to own.

In 1989 at the Adelaide GP I planted it in the wall and did some ugly damage. It got stripped and stored while careers were done and houses bought and sold. I restored a Bowin P6 and raced that and then purchased a Ralt RT4 which was a lot of fun too. A collection of Lotus road cars gather at our place.

In 1998 at the age of 38 my darling wife convinced me that rather than view my dreams of driving ever faster cars as becoming less possible that we should take a big step up. We started negotiations for a Lotus formula 1 car but realised we needed to amass some more skills so we purchased a Reynard 91D Formula Holden as a stepping stone. We never took that last step to an F1 car but we did almost a 100 Gold Star races, competed in three Grand Prix (NZ) and won the privateer series three times. Eventually as Formula Holden wound down we gave that up as there was no-where else to go. We restored the Reynard and it sits in my garage, race ready, waiting for it's time in the historic sun.

After a few years dedicated to people other than myself the bug has taken hold again and now is the time to get the Bowin together. I received the most amazing email, the original FVA has turned up. This time in life compensates you for your shrinking abilities by allowing the purchase of such shiny baubles. I now intend having the car ready for 2012 with a view to sorting it and going to the Tasman meeting at EC in late 2012.

Edited by petersracing, 03 August 2011 - 05:50.

#2649 Secretariat

Secretariat

• 111 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 16:48

Let me briefly introduce myself. My Pete from the USA and have been following all forms of motorsports for as long as I remember. I have been mostly to sportscar races and a few 'local' events but will get to a F1 race one of these days. My one true motorsport hero in my lifetime is Al Holbert, a true legend. My first up close experience with a race car was with his 962 Lowenbrau Special. The names on the door, the lights on the dash, the spartan interior, the smell. My first experience with death was his (he died on my 12th birthday) and it took a while for me to get over it, but probably not as long as Porsche North America.

One of my first visits to the Autosport Forum was to the Nostalgia Forum and my reading of the discussions and information in regards to Jim Clark's death; great insights and improptu journalism by Doug Nye. One of my favorite contributions of his is background added to the Victory by Design series.

#2650 drsmith917

drsmith917

• 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 15:59

Hi, I'm Dave and I was born in Northern California in 1956. I became "addicted" to auto racing in the late 1960s and early 1970s. My first race was the 1972 Laguna Seca Can Am and I've been lucky enough to go to dozens (maybe hundreds) of races since then. I drove in Formula Fords for a few years in the late 1970s with the British School of Motor Racing (BSMR - part of the Jim Russell organization) in Southern California.

I was lucky enough to attend the inaugural Long Beach GP in 1976. I stood next to drivers like: Dan Gurney, Juan-Manuel Fangio, John Surtees, Phil Hill, Maurice Trintingnant, Jackie Stewart, and more. It was amazing to see many of them in one of their GP cars driving around the track.

I am currently involved in an American Le Mans Series team, CORE autosport (www.coreautosport.com). We are currently leading the Team and Driver's championship in the Le Mans Prototype Challenge class. Wish I was driving, but it is wonderful to be even remotely connected to this team. Unbelievable group of people dedicated to achieving perfection in an imperfect world. Our drivers are Gunnar Jenneatte, Ricardo Gonzalez, Jon Bennett (team founder and an awesome driver) and Frankie Montecalvo. These guys are not only great drivers, they are great people (with great families). I found myself sitting across from Klaus Graf one year at Sebring and in walked Derek Bell and sat down. Cool!

While I like to watch Indy and NASCAR, my heart has always been in road racing - F1, Endurance Racing, other formulas and sports car racing.

Nice to meet you all,

Dave