;)
Hey what about KEKE ROSBERG @ his son who has just started racing. :smoking:

Advertisement

#102 Milan Fistonic

Milan Fistonic

• 1,767 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 11:33

Originally posted by Jimmy Piget

New Zealand : isn't dear old Kenny Smith the son of George Smith who raced in the '1950s ?

PS : I always wondered if New-Zealanders Ross Jensen & Syd Jensen were related.

No, Ken Smith's father was Morrie and the Jensens are not related.

#103 Jimmy Piget

Jimmy Piget

• 530 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 11:34

A further lot of GP drivers had a son who, at one moment, raced without reaching the same level as Daddy.

For example : Tonino Ascari (F3 or F Junior in early '1960s), Jean-Paul Behra (F3 circa 1964), Jeff Bucknum (Indylights), Loïc Depailler (formula Atlantic), David Donohue (sportscars), Boris Said III (Transam), Jean-Paul Manzon (Alpine GT cars circa 1963) and also the sons (whose first names I do not remind) of Horace Gould and Gérard Larrousse.

On the other hand, F1 drivers were of racing ascent : not yet mentioned in this thread were Starrabba, Capelli, Caffi, Nakano, Foitek...

And again : brothers Jean & José Behra, Oscar & Juan Gálvez, Jean-Pierre & Michel Beltoise, François & Charles Cevert...

Last family for today : Bob Gerard was the uncle of '1960s singleseater club racer Julian.

#104 twymanj

twymanj

• 85 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 12:41

Originally posted by William Hunt
I can't believe that U guys have looked on some of the most obvious names , we have 2 very talented Brazilian twins , with a realistic chance of making it into F1, currently racing in F3000:
RICARDO SPERAFICO & RODRIGO SPERAFICO ! Ricardpo already tested the Williams F1 car.

I helped do an interview with these two on Friday at Silverstone and they have 9 memebers of the family that race! They have family kart races in Brazil and their father Dilso raced Formula ford and touring cars in Brazil. Their cousin is also in Formula 3000 aswell.

#105 dmj

dmj

• 1,956 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 12:57

Originally posted by spretelt
Juan PAblo Montoya and Pablo Montoya ( Used to reace in Colombia)

...not only in Colombia. He managed to score top 10 finish in Le Mans, too. (Or it was some other member of family?)

#106 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 14:06

To add to Milan's response on the Smiths: Morrie was also a racer
By coincidence, one of Ken's first competition cars was an Ulster Austin Seven which a few years before had been bought by racer Les McLaren for his young son...

#107 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 15:38

Indy 500 : (snip) the Parsons (Johnnie & Johnny jr), the Carters (Duane & Pancho)...

"Pancho" was Duane Carter Jr., and his brother Dana Carter raced also Indy cars. And, of course, all three of them (Johnny Parsons, Pancho and Dana Carter) were brothers...

Do we have Melvin Eugene "Tony" Bettenhausen and his sons Gary, Merle and Tony? Bill Vukovich and his brother Eli, his son Billy and grand-son Bill III? Karl and Gregor Foitek? Lee and Scott Brayton? Brothers Tom, Jerry (no, not the cat and mouse :D) and Jan Sneva? And the father of the Whittington brothers (Don, Bill and Dale) raced also, I think Dick was his name. Harald and Christian Menzel?

#108 Joe Fan

Joe Fan

• 5,591 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 17:10

There is a new Foyt to carry on the legendary name: A.J. Foyt IV. He is the grandson of A.J. Foyt and he won the inaugural Infiniti Pro Series race (the series which replaced Indy Lights) at Kansas Speedway yesterday. I attended this race and was quite impressed his performance. He displayed an unwillingness to give in when pressured along with great car control. He went wheel to wheel with Ronnie Johncox lap after lap, held his line and refused to give up the lead. As an 18 year old, he has a bright future ahead of him and if he drives like he did yesterday, I expect him to be in one of A.J.'s IRL cars next year at this time.

#109 Jimmy Piget

Jimmy Piget

• 530 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 20:16

Fines wrote :
<>

What do you mean ???

Another family (yet discussed in another thread which I do not remember the link) : the Franchis aka Gimax.

#110 marhal

marhal

• 129 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 16:52

In Argentina, the most famous motorsport family are the Di Palma family........Rubén Luis (RIP) and their sons José Luis, Marcos, Patricio and Andrea.

Another famous family are the Risatti family, and of course, Juan M. Fangio and his son Oscar "Cacho" Fangio...................................

#111 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 18:15

Fines wrote :
<>

What do you mean ???

;) :D

Johnnie Parsons' wife Arza was the mother of Joan and Johnny Parsons, and, after divorce and marriage to Duane Carter, also of Pancho, Dana and Tony Carter. Johnnie Parsons' second wife Lila was the mother of Patricia Parsons. So John Parsons III is related to Uncle Tony and Aunt Trisha, but those two are not related by blood or marriage! Confused? :lol:

#112 Jimmy Piget

Jimmy Piget

• 530 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 20:36

What about a new thread on drivers exchanging wives ? or seducting widows ?

#113 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,966 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 04:15

For gutter gossip like that, Jimmy, you have to check for posts like this...

http://www.atlasf1.c...=&postid=184164

Though following Buford's classic posts is helpful... check the Beatles thread too.

#114 Jim Thurman

Jim Thurman

• 4,169 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 06:13

A further lot of GP drivers had a son who, at one moment, raced without reaching the same level as Daddy.

A lot on the U.S. racing scene as well.

Indy

Andy Hurtubise (Jim's son)
Eddie Sachs Jr.
Roger McCluskey's son (IIRC, Andy as well)

NASCAR

Richie Panch (Marvin's son)

I know I'm leaving out many...

Jim Thurman

#115 Jim Thurman

Jim Thurman

• 4,169 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 06:19

Originally posted by fines

"Pancho" was Duane Carter Jr., and his brother Dana Carter raced also Indy cars. And, of course, all three of them (Johnny Parsons, Pancho and Dana Carter) were brothers...

Do we have Melvin Eugene "Tony" Bettenhausen and his sons Gary, Merle and Tony? Bill Vukovich and his brother Eli, his son Billy and grand-son Bill III? Karl and Gregor Foitek? Lee and Scott Brayton? Brothers Tom, Jerry (no, not the cat and mouse :D) and Jan Sneva? And the father of the Whittington brothers (Don, Bill and Dale) raced also, I think Dick was his name. Harald and Christian Menzel?

fines, that was mean throwing the Parsons-Carter situation in there :)

Good list :up:

Two more Snevas to add. Blaine and "Babe" also raced. Babe (Ed Sneva Jr.) died many months after a Sprint Car accident in British Columbia in the mid-70's. For that matter, their father, Ed Sneva Sr. raced short tracks in Washington state.

Bill "Pop" Mears raced Jalopies in Kansas in the 50's, and years later drove a buggy in some off-road races.

The Dick Whittington I know of was a longtime radio personality :D

Jim Thurman

#116 Carlos Jalife

Carlos Jalife

• 322 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 15:40

I already posted someplace else the Jourdains (Michel II or Jr. currently runs CART) saga, but there are others who keep cropping up.
From the current international drivers, we have memo Rojas II (second in the Braber race this weekend at toronto) who is the son of Memo (Guillermo) Rojas who was a national champ many times over and ran with Rebaque and Van Beuren in the mid 70s in Porsches RSR at Le Mans, IMSA etc. Memo's dad ran with his brother Alberto (Beto) in the Panamericana in the 50s, an there were other cousins running touring cars Beto Jr. and someone else.
Piero Rodarte, teammate of Memo II is the grand son of another racer, Luciano Rodarte who used to be a good mexican driver with a Volvo P544 (the rounded one).
Aurelio Lopez II also at Barber is the son of Aurelio (still ran the Grand Am Cup in 2001 in a Lexus) López Rocha, who is the brother of Tomás López Rocha a IMSA GTU (or GTP) champ a while ago.
Then in England we have Antonio Pérez in FF with Martin Donelly rRacing , son of Antonio Pérez Garibay who used to race in Mexico in F2 and was better known for being the manager of Adrián fernández until early this year.
Antonio has a teammate at MDR who is Gilberto (Gilbo) Jiménez-Garza, son of Gilberto Jiménez-Maldonado and Gilbo was our F3 champ in 2001 at (15!) but his dad was a constant champ in the 1980s in Mexico beating Adrián often and even raced in F3 in Germany and GB in the late 80s. The uncle of Gilbo is César Jiménez who was F3 champ in 1992 and race Indy Lights, still race in ILPanamerican and has a motro show in FoxSports LA.
In the Nissan V6 World series we have Roberto González, whose brother Ricardo ran with him in the Chrysler Euro Series last year. the both ran the ILP in Mexico.
And yes there are more but these are the internationals.

#117 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 15:58

I think nobody mentioned Jimmy McElreath so far. He raced a few times in his father's cars in the late seventies, but did not impact.

#118 Jimmy Piget

Jimmy Piget

• 530 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 22:05

Fines wrote :
<>

"Impact" is an irrelevant word, for Jimmy McElreath died 16 October 1977 in a sprint race at Winchester.

#119 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 12:13

Sorry, didn't know that! Bad choice of words, indeed... :cry:

Advertisement

#120 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,267 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 22:08

Just watching World Motor Sports on Sky. Leading a race for T-car saloons (T for teenage, an indication of the age of the drivers) is one Daniel Hoy, nephew of tin-top ace Will Hoy, followed by Matthew Wilson, who is the son of the Cumbrian rallyman Malcolm Wilson. In the post-race interviews neither looks like he's shaving yet, but Matthew looks and sounds a lot like his dad, with a broad Cumbrian accent.

#121 Tumppi@BXL

Tumppi@BXL

• 96 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 23:07

To add a bit of Finnish flavour into this soup:

Don't forget the Rosbergs:
Keke Rosberg and Nico (father and son).

Keke won F1 WDC in 1982 on Williams, Nico just won the German Formula BMW Championship and will get to test Williams F1 later on this year. Is Nico going to be the first son to drive an F1 car by the same constructor as the father did?

Completely non-F1 related, but Colin McRae (WRC champion, 1995) and Alister (WRC, non-champion) are brothers and their father was also rallying in UK (Jimmy?). And to confuse you more with oddities, Hannu Mikkola (1983 Rally world Champion) did a marathon rally in 2000 (London - Peking or something like that) with his son as co-pilot. Marcus Gronholm (2x WRC Champion) and Sebastian Lindholm (WRC, non-champion) are also cousins.

#122 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,966 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 00:57

Originally posted by Tumppi@BXL
Is Nico going to be the first son to drive an F1 car by the same constructor as the father did?

Maybe one of the Brabham lads beat him to it?

#123 Jim Thurman

Jim Thurman

• 4,169 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 01:01

In digging through material a while back, I ran across a more obscure family...

The Bowsher family in U.S. Stock Car racing, primarily ARCA and USAC. Jack, his brother Tom and various sons/nephews...Bobby, Todd and one or two others who escape me at the moment.

Jim Thurman

#124 2F-001

2F-001

• 2,278 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 06:23

Tony & Tim Brise.

#125 2F-001

2F-001

• 2,278 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 06:36

Steve & Matt Neal;
van der Ende brothers;
Derek, David & Paula Cook;
add Jaki (FFord) Scheckter to the list mentioned earlier? cousin, I think;
Mark & David Donohue?

(I guess we need to keep this generally to an international stage - British and, I assume other national racing scenes are full of family links - esp. UK hillclimbing with its feature of shared drives, such that many related or married pairs compete concurrently. One less common 'family team' currently on the UK hillclimb scenes is Sandra and Oliver Tomlin (mother & son in the big single-seater class).

#126 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,770 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 11:25

Originally posted by Frank de Jong
Of course Jaap Luyendijk was also a great driver, how could I forget?

And don't forget the third generation of Luyendijks: Arie Jr. He might do Indy in '04! :clap:

#127 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,054 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 19:28

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned 1960's grand prix driver Trevor Taylor and his saloon car racing sister Anita.

From Kenya we have Vic Preston senior and junior. Vic senior won the Safari in 1954 (VW) and 1955 (Ford Zephyr) and tooka class win in 1953 (Tatra T-600, yes a Tatra!) and Vic junior drove a Lancia Stratos with some success

#128 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,966 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 21:27

Originally posted by D-Type
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned 1960's grand prix driver Trevor Taylor and his saloon car racing sister Anita.....

Look around, I can assure you she's been mentioned...

And photos have been posted, oohs and aahhs expressed and I think it might be fee-nes who expressed an interest in having been born twenty years earlier!

#129 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,267 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 21:44

Seeing as you've mentioned her ....

Anita then:

Posted Image

and now:

Posted Image

#130 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,054 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 21:53

Originally posted by Ray Bell

Look around, I can assure you she's been mentioned...

And photos have been posted, oohs and aahhs expressed and I think it might be fee-nes who expressed an interest in having been born twenty years earlier!

I meant on this thread.

There can't possibly be 20 years between the two photos Vitesse2 posted!

#131 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,267 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 22:06

Actually, it's more than thirty! The early one is copied from one of the International Motor Racing Books from about 1970, the newer from C&SC a couple of months ago.

#132 Bruce Moxon

Bruce Moxon

• 265 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 04:12

How about Ralph Earnhardt? Dale's pappy.

Then there's the Kleinigs here in the Land of Oz, Frank, Frank jr and Peter.

One of the Brabham boys drove for Brabham, right at the end. Was it Gary? I can't remember.

Then there are the big racing families that marry each other. Falcadore, you missed Marie-Louise Geoghegan, who married one of the Howards (Les or Syd, I can never remember). Les, Syd and their father, Harry, all raced. They used to blow things up too.

Gelignite Jack Murray's son John and grandson John jr are active members of the North Shore Sporting Car club in rallying. John is building a Subaru WRX at this time.

At lower levels multi-generational motor sport is common. At State Championship motorkhanas you'll often see teenager Samantha Collier, her Dad Andrew and uncle David and grandfather Bruce. Bruce was one of our top rally and rallycross drivers in various Renaults in the sixties and seventies. Now he just holds court and repeats (interesting, but limited) yarns.

Recently there's Jamie Whincup, now in the "big league" of V8 Supercars. His Dad Graham raced a Chev Monza about 20 years ago.

Falcadore, did you mention the Stillwells? Bib, Mike and there's another one now.

Bruce (populate or perish) Moxon (2nd generation, fortunately my daughter prefers ballet)

#133 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,114 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 08:27

Originally posted by Vitesse2
Actually, it's more than thirty! The early one is copied from one of the International Motor Racing Books from about 1970, the newer from C&SC a couple of months ago.

2nd photo was taken at the launch of the book 'Women in Motorsport' in March. She is 60yrs old -dob-4 Dec 1942-amazing!

#134 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,966 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 13:01

Originally posted by Bruce Moxon
.....you missed Marie-Louise Geoghegan, who married one of the Howards (Les or Syd, I can never remember). Les, Syd and their father, Harry, all raced.....

Marie-Louise (Leo and Ian's sister) married Les. I don't think anyone in their right mind would marry Syd...

.....At lower levels multi-generational motor sport is common. At State Championship motorkhanas you'll often see teenager Samantha Collier, her Dad Andrew and uncle David and grandfather Bruce. Bruce was one of our top rally and rallycross drivers in various Renaults in the sixties and seventies. Now he just holds court and repeats (interesting, but limited) yarns.....

He still does that?

He was doing that in his rallycross days, when he still ran the workshop!

#135 Bondy

Bondy

• 186 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 13:31

I may be wrong, i will check with my bro as he knows jamie, but i am sure jamie Whincup is the son of dave Whincup, brother of Greame. Also im not sure about the McColls, i didnt think they were related, and as for kerryn brewer, i used to race against her, and her dad sure didnt look like Marshall, lol.

#136 Chris Townsend

Chris Townsend

• 384 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 17:27

Eddie Cheever and Ross Cheever
James Hunt and Dave Hunt
Martin Brundle and Robin Brundle
kid brothers who never made it to the same level.

And amongst sons of famous dads I recall sharing the wrong end of a FF grid
with David Hobbs's son, whilst Justin Bell was rather further forward.
David Sears was son of the great Jack Sears of course.

On the Brise family, I think that Tony and Tim's dad raced F3 in the '50s.

#137 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,004 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 20:36

The late Greg Moore"s father was a racer but on the local (Western Canadian) scene.

Mike Hawthorn's father raced didn't he?

Stirling Moss sister Pat?

The Evans family in England--Brooklands etc

The Conan-Doyle brothers.

The Whitehead brothers-LeMans etc post war.

Jackie Stewart and his brother.

Donald and Sir Malcolm Campbell - World Land Speed Record

Ralph DePalmer and brother John

W.C. Durant and son Cliff.

Tim Flock and Jocko Flocko (Look it up!)

#138 sallyb

sallyb

• 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 20:54

Some others that might be of interest, originally from junior British motorsport...

Dario and Marino Franchitti and I think there's a link here to the di Resta family of Oulton Park FF fame
Jenson Button's father (John?) was a rallycrosser
Warren Hughes / Mark Hughes (of Autosport) (brothers)
Andrew O'Hara / Matthew O'Hara (brothers) (Andrew O'Hara beat a percentage of the present F1 grid in 100 Super days in England, well at least DC, Ralph F and Justin Wilson)

#139 Falcadore

Falcadore

• 1,636 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 21:07

Originally posted by twymanj

I helped do an interview with these two on Friday at Silverstone and they have 9 memebers of the family that race! They have family kart races in Brazil and their father Dilso raced Formula ford and touring cars in Brazil. Their cousin is also in Formula 3000 aswell.

There's more than two, there's at least four Sperafico's running around Europe. There's an Alex, cousin to the twins, and Alex has a brother in Euro F300.....

Advertisement

#140 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,267 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 21:09

Originally posted by Chris Townsend
On the Brise family, I think that Tony and Tim's dad raced F3 in the '50s.

Stock cars certainly, but not F3 AFAIK.

#141 Falcadore

Falcadore

• 1,636 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 22:03

Originally posted by Falcadore
From the Australian / New Zealand scene

brothers ....

Some more:-

Trevor Ashby and son Grant
Geoff Brabham has a son who has started racing in karts, name escapes me.
Steve Brazier and son Garry
Mike Ceveri and son Mark
John Dean and son Brock
Bryce Francis and son Brett
Rick Hodges and son Darrell
Bob Jones and son Robert
Warren Jonsson, mentioned previously, has a son Clint and a son-in-law racing sprintcars. The son-in-law is called Mark Jones. That was a strange moment when we met.
Bob Kelly, son John and John's wife Kathy
Rob Kyle and niece Mel Boyes
brothers Ash and Matt Lowe
'Nitro' Nathan Macdonald and cousin Jason
Peter Macrow has another son and brother to Adam in Tim
Peter Mitchell and son (stepson?) Ricky
Charlie O'Brien and nephew Shannon
brothers Malcolm (designer) and Mark (journalist) Oastler
Tony Quinn and sons Klark and Kent (a Superman fan?)
George Tatnell and son Brooke
Ross Tulloch and sons Adam and Brodie
Geoff Walkers' progeny, Murray, Clayton and Kandice.
Wes Wright and son Ben

#142 Falcadore

Falcadore

• 1,636 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 22:11

Some questions about internationals - Alan van der Merwe, realted to South African sports car racer Sarel?
Stefano Fabi - related to Teo or Corrado?
Is Nelson Piquet Junior..... never mind

Not question but -
in Britain, brother James and Richard Kaye
brothers Jordi and Marc Gene
brothers Patrick and Markus Freisacher

#143 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,966 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 23:13

If you want to scrape the bottom of the barrell, Mark, here's another family...

Bob Bell, races the newfangled 'Saloon Cars' and used to share his HQ with...

son Glen Bell, who these days is more inclined to help out his cousin...

Ben Simpson, who is trying to sell his HQ and get some sort of V8 Gp N car.

Their uncle used to race as well, and Bob was big in rallying during the seventies.

#144 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 08:48

Originally posted by Falcadore
brothers Patrick and Markus Freisacher

Patrick and Markus Friesacher are not related at all, much less brothers...

#145 Falcadore

Falcadore

• 1,636 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:41

Really? I was told otherwise - I'll remove that data from profile immediately

#146 Falcadore

Falcadore

• 1,636 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 10:44

Originally posted by Ray Bell
If you want to scrape the bottom of the barrell, Mark, here's another family...

Bob Bell, races the newfangled 'Saloon Cars' and used to share his HQ with...

son Glen Bell, who these days is more inclined to help out his cousin...

Ben Simpson, who is trying to sell his HQ and get some sort of V8 Gp N car.

Their uncle used to race as well, and Bob was big in rallying during the seventies.

Spoke to Ben a few times on the weekend, briefly. Didn't recognise him until he said who he was. Felt like an idiot. He raised the ire of Brian Ferrabee by crossing the Morgan Park bridge while a race was on. Tsk, tsk.

#147 gerrit stevens

gerrit stevens

• 248 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 22:06

Andrettis: Mario, Michael, Jeff and John have been mentioned. But there was also Aldo

Unsers: a lot have been mentioned but not all.
first generation.
Louis
Jerry
Joe

second generation (all sons of Jerry):
Jerry jr.
Louie
Bobby
Al

third generation
Johnny (son of Jerry)
Bobby jr, Robby (sons of Bobby) and Jeri (daughter)
Al jr. (son of Al)

And how about the Bleekemolens and Hezemansen.

Gerrit Stevens

#148 conjohn

conjohn

• 487 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 22:54

Originally posted by gerrit stevens
Unsers: a lot have been mentioned but not all.
first generation.
Louis
Jerry
Joe

second generation (all sons of Jerry):
Jerry jr.
Louie
Bobby
Al

third generation
Johnny (son of Jerry)
Bobby jr, Robby (sons of Bobby) and Jeri (daughter)
Al jr. (son of Al)

fourth generation:
Al (son of Al Jr.) raced in Barber Dodge 2003.

#149 gerrit stevens

gerrit stevens

• 248 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 23:29

Originally posted by conjohn

fourth generation:
Al (son of Al Jr.) raced in Barber Dodge 2003.

Thanks. Does he also plan to race at Unser mountain. If so, I believe he will be the 13th Unser at Pikes Peak.
I think on Eurosport I heard reporters talk of him as mini Al. Al jr. was often called little Al.

Gerrit Stevens

#150 MPea3

MPea3

• 2,144 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 23:32

Fred Frame had a son Robert (Bob) who raced and died in an IMCA sprint car race in MInnesota in the late 40's. Fred also had a nephew, Charles N. Frame (CHuck) who raced sprints and midgets into the 50's, and died in 1988. Evidently there was a misconception that Chuck and Bob were brothers, when they were in fact cousins.