Photo

Bud Lindemann - Car & Track

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,076 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 23:04

Been trying to do some information gathering on Bud Lindemann. There is no easy "Google" information out here on the WWW about the man in general or that great "Car and Track" TV series that he hosted.

Any of the TNF members have anything to add?

Henry

Advertisement

#2 theunions

theunions

• 638 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:37

I posted the same question on TrackForum 2 weeks ago and received the following responses .

#3 CJE

CJE

• 152 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:04

Speed TV (aka, Speedvision) used to rerun that show a couple of years ago. It was great! I think it's one of many shows that got chopped when Speedvision sold out to NASCAR.

#4 Rob G

Rob G

• 10,898 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:16

Originally posted by CJE
Speed TV (aka, Speedvision) used to rerun that show a couple of years ago. It was great! I think it's one of many shows that got chopped when Speedvision sold out to NASCAR.

Speed now shows a "modernized, NASCARized" version called "Back in the Day." Dale Earnhardt Jr. serves as the host and bookends the old "Car & Track" footage (complete with Lindemann's commentary) with comments of his own. Unfortunately the show is completely ruined by idiotic pop-up factoids scattered throughout the footage.

#5 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,076 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:56

Originally posted by theunions
I posted the same question on TrackForum 2 weeks ago and received the following responses .

Thanks, this link was provided and solves my questions. I will share with others.

http://www.mmshof.or...demann_Bud.html

Henry

#6 Jsearls

Jsearls

• 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:14

I was personal friend of Bud Lindemann's and his family. If you are seeking information I may be able to help. If you want to contact me feel free to do so.

Jsearls