Photo

Genie GT ... Dave Ridenour

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 daytona_ford

daytona_ford

• 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 13:59

Greetings from the Deep South. Surely some of you can help me follow through on this car, and Dave's family.
We recently acquired the body from his 1965/66 USRRC Genie GT ... before we consider the direction this will take, we would appreciate any pictures of the #14 car ...especially contact information to locate his family, last known to be in San Francisco.
What pictures we do have are on this site http://www.race-card...rs.com/shop.htm

Please help...motivate us to return this piece of racing History, and his memory, to the track.....

Thanks , Dave Perry OldSchool Restorations of North Alabama

Advertisement

#2 Don Radbruch

Don Radbruch

• 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 23:05

Are you aware that Dave Reidenour was killed in a sprint car at Calisfoga, California on July 3, 1956? I believe this was his first sprint car race. The car he was drving was owned by Herk
Viglienzone who was not an easy man to drive for. It is unlikely that he would tell Reidenour to take it easy until he got the hang of driving a sprint car on dirt. Reidenoour was a fine sports car driver but he got over his head in the sprint car and crashed in a single car accident.

Sorry that I cannot help with photos of the sports car.

#3 Magee

Magee

• 379 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 00:26

Hi Dave,

Dave Reidenour campaigned up and down the Pacific Coast. He visited Westwood (near Vancouver, BC) several times. I have a few news articles about those races that I will send to you, and I'll look for a good photo of his Genie to send as well.

Cheers,
Mike

#4 daytona_ford

daytona_ford

• 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:02

Thanks to you both. I am aware of Dave's accident....also I know he drove the Genie roadsters...but it's the #14 Coupe that I am seeking pictures of. There are a couple on the shop website, but I would like to find something that's better.
Also...am VERY desirous to contact member of his family if possible

Thanks Again...Dave Perry

#5 tam999

tam999

• 87 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:35

Dave--

This is probably "old stuff" to you but just in case you haven't seen them here are three pages from my website on Dave Ridenour's Genie GT project. They were contributed by Guy Dirkin.

http://www.tamsoldra...urGenieGT1.html

Tam McPartland

#6 daytona_ford

daytona_ford

• 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:36

Thanks Tam..you have a great site...I've been there often

Dave

#7 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 19:35

Doesn't Mike Blackie of SanFranciso area have the ex Ridenour Genie? Mike is a member of CSRG and should be easy to contact.
David B

#8 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 00:08

Mike Blackie's Genie is apparently the ex-Dalton/Brennan Genie, the last one built. John Harden has the ex-Ridenour Genie, the first one built! He ran it at the Monterey Historics last year. Dave Perry, have you been in touch with Harden? Let me know if you need contact info.

Vince Howlett, Victoria, B.C., Canada

#9 daytona_ford

daytona_ford

• 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 00:59

Thanks...I will get with John when I am in Oklahoma City, or when we are at a murual event. John has the chassis that was under this body..(now with the roadster body, again). After Dave Ridenour the coupe was Bobby Sathers, then Yale Thomas until 1971, as the #3 in Orange paint. I am interested in any of the owners pictures, but particularly Dave Ridenour's

Thanks for all the help

Dave Perry