CanAm video?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Thrasher

Thrasher

• 17 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 22:41

Hi, I'm new here.

I am basicaly addicted to anything motorsports related from the 'golden era' about 1960's to 1990's . There is a good amount of rally and F1 videos out there which I have a lot of but there doesn't seem to be very much about sportscar racing. Does anyone know of any videos, movies, clips of CanAm racing? I have searched for a long time and I havn't found any DVD's or VHS films about CanAm.

Advertisement

#2 Frank S

Frank S

• 2,162 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 23:40

This Darn Neat Film is one of my favorites.

#3 JacnGille

JacnGille

• 2,812 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:36

Try here:

http://www.foxyventures.com/order.html

#4 Frank Verplanken

Frank Verplanken

• 378 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:02

Not a DVD or anything to buy, but a nice link with a cool Can-Am video : http://forums.speedg...hp?showforum=48
:wave:

#5 Andre Acker

Andre Acker

• 281 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 19:48

Hi,

I must say that those Foxyventure videos are not good at all.
I bought them and there is nothing interesting to see.
So, unless you are absolutely desperate to see something linked to CanAm, do not buy it.

André Acker.

#6 Thrasher

Thrasher

• 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:48

Thank you guys for the links. They all look really good. I have seen the site for the foxyventure videos and they didn't look that great, I think they are all footage from nowdays rather from when they actually raced

I am also looking for videos on the internet like the one posted. if I can get enough of them i can burn them to my own DVD's

#7 JacnGille

JacnGille

• 2,812 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 20:12

Originally posted by Andre Acker
Hi,

I must say that those Foxyventure videos are not good at all.
I bought them and there is nothing interesting to see.
So, unless you are absolutely desperate to see something linked to CanAm, do not buy it.

André Acker.

I've never seen um, just knew they existed.

#8 Stephane Lebiez

Stephane Lebiez

• 82 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:44

I have bought on eBay Can-am dvd. with following races :

Laguna Seca 66
Las Vegas 66
Road america 67
Riverside 67
Riverside 66

http://cgi.ebay.fr/w...&item=605802984

Perhaps you can contact the seller to have a copy.

#9 Stephane Lebiez

Stephane Lebiez

• 82 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:56

Originally posted by Frank Verplanken
Not a DVD or anything to buy, but a nice link with a cool Can-Am video : http://forums.speedg...hp?showforum=48
:wave:

Franck i have found a review of the 67 season with team lotus and another of the sebring 12 hour but no can-am video.

#10 Frank Verplanken

Frank Verplanken

• 378 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:20

Salut Stéphane :)
The thread with the 1967 Road America Can-Am movie was apparently deleted... I should have checked before posting, sorry :blush:

#11 Andre Acker

Andre Acker

• 281 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 16:49

Hi Stephane,

How good are they ?

André Acker.

#12 Thrasher

Thrasher

• 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 23:14

Originally posted by Frank Verplanken
Salut Stéphane :)
The thread with the 1967 Road America Can-Am movie was apparently deleted... I should have checked before posting, sorry :blush:

Well I got the video you linked to. There was 2 other threads on that site with videos 1969 Sebring 12hrs and 1963 Times Grand Prix
I downloaded these both also. All three of these videos were presented by ESPN2 in what looks like some time in the 1990's (judging by the graphics). It looks as if ESPN2 used to have a series called "The Glory Days" which showed old races. It's too bad they don't have anything like this anymore :evil: :down:

Also sort of related,
If you guys are interested, I have a lot of other racing and car videos (f1 season reviews, rally videos, legends of motorsport etc..) I can upload some of them somewhere so you can download them and enjoy them yourself

#13 BMMRM8B2

BMMRM8B2

• 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 15:10

Just a general historical note here on Can-Am films: a company named Triangle based in Philadephia made 30 minute films of all CanAm races between 1966 and 1968 and then did a one hour special on the 1969 season (narration by Chris Economaki and Les Keiter). Unfortunately, most of these films have never been seen since, aside from a few ESPN2 rebroadcasts of the Triangle films of races like the 1966 Las Vegas race and the 1967 Elkhart Lake race. Supposedly, Triangle was sold to Fox Broadcasting or a division of Fox Broadcasting, who has legal ownership. Dave DeSpain, who hosted the ESPN2 rebroadcasts of the Triangle films, does not have much hope that the films will be released. From the viewpoint of Speed TV here in the States, the films are not money makers. This idea is supported by Anatoly Aruntunoff, who made and owns full race-length films of the 1971 Mid-Ohio and 1971 Road Atlanta CanAms. These films were once broadcast (I think by ABC TV), and he tried to sell them to Speed TV. However, Speed TV wants exclusive ownership and offered him only a fraction of what he thinks they are worth. So, he decided to hold on to them. I still hear rumors about CanAm films. The Motorsport Collector store owner told me that there may be a CanAm DVD coming soon. It may or may not be the ESPN2 rebroadcasts. If anyone out there knows anything, I would appreciate hearing something. After literally decades. many of us have a burning desire for those Triangle films!

#14 Dennis Currington

Dennis Currington

• 145 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 18:03

Originally posted by BMMRM8B2
Just a general historical note here on Can-Am films: a company named Triangle based in Philadephia made 30 minute films of all CanAm races between 1966 and 1968 and then did a one hour special on the 1969 season (narration by Chris Economaki and Les Keiter). Unfortunately, most of these films have never been seen since, aside from a few ESPN2 rebroadcasts of the Triangle films of races like the 1966 Las Vegas race and the 1967 Elkhart Lake race......

I probably have all of the "Glory Days" shows (along with a ton of other complete races) on VHS. That is my next project after I get all my 35mm negatives scanned and posted to my site. So, that means sometime in the next couple years......I hope!

#15 hawk001

hawk001

• 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:28

Hello Dennis,

how does your Projekt goes on :confused:

I'm realy interested in the shows, and I think a lot other too.

uwe

#16 bobLee

bobLee

• 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 16:13

Originally posted by BMMRM8B2
Just a general historical note here on Can-Am films: a company named Triangle based in Philadephia made 30 minute films of all CanAm races between 1966 and 1968 and then did a one hour special on the 1969 season (narration by Chris Economaki and Les Keiter). Unfortunately, most of these films have never been seen since, aside from a few ESPN2 rebroadcasts of the Triangle films of races like the 1966 Las Vegas race and the 1967 Elkhart Lake race. Supposedly, Triangle was sold to Fox Broadcasting or a division of Fox Broadcasting, who has legal ownership. Dave DeSpain, who hosted the ESPN2 rebroadcasts of the Triangle films, does not have much hope that the films will be released. From the viewpoint of Speed TV here in the States, the films are not money makers. This idea is supported by Anatoly Aruntunoff, who made and owns full race-length films of the 1971 Mid-Ohio and 1971 Road Atlanta CanAms. These films were once broadcast (I think by ABC TV), and he tried to sell them to Speed TV. However, Speed TV wants exclusive ownership and offered him only a fraction of what he thinks they are worth. So, he decided to hold on to them. I still hear rumors about CanAm films. The Motorsport Collector store owner told me that there may be a CanAm DVD coming soon. It may or may not be the ESPN2 rebroadcasts. If anyone out there knows anything, I would appreciate hearing something. After literally decades. many of us have a burning desire for those Triangle films!

I purchased copies of Can-Am films of the 1971 Mid-Ohio and Watkins Glen races (note not Road Atlanta). The films were distributed by Brandons of Jacksonville Fla and were offered for sale in the early nineties in VHS. These are great films showing the complete ABC Wide World of Sports coverage of the two races including the original commercials. Triumph Spitfire fans will like the Spitfire ad. Was any of this footage included in the recent Can-Am speed odyssey video? Too bad these films are not back on the market as they are a real treat for fans.

#17 Rosemayer

Rosemayer

• 1,253 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 17:11

Try here:

http://www.motorspor.../CanAmPage.html

Cheers Rosey

#18 Dennis Currington

Dennis Currington

• 145 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 18:04

Originally posted by hawk001
Hello Dennis,

how does your Projekt goes on :confused:

I'm realy interested in the shows, and I think a lot other too.

uwe

Like most things, not as quickly as I had planned. It's on my list. :)