Photo

The Fast Lady

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sandy

sandy

• 1,091 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:52

This is a bit late but if you live in Melbourne you may be interested to know that in the early hours of this coming Monday, 0250 hrs to be precise, (it is 1845 hrs Sunday as I type this), on the ABC there will be the showing of the movie "The Fast Lady", starring Julie Christie, amongst others (James Robertson Justice, Stanley Baxter). I will tape it for sure. The fast lady is a vintage Bentley and it is supposed to be a car enthusiasts dream - likewise for Julie Christie.

Advertisement

#2 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:02

If you look here
http://forums.autosp...y=&pagenumber=1

you will see more about the film

#3 Gary Davies

Gary Davies

• 6,460 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:36

Thank you Sandy. It's been a while since I've seen it so a tape will most certainly go in the machine!

Such fond memories. It was filmed at Beaconsfield Studios and, as a lad living in nearby Tylers Green at the time, so many of the scenes are familiar, not least the car chase through the middle of Beaconsfield. :up:

What a wonderful cad Leslie Phillips played.

#4 sandy

sandy

• 1,091 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 14:23

Originally posted by RTH
If you look here
http://forums.autosp...y=&pagenumber=1

you will see more about the film

Well it is midnight, am watching the Monaco Grand Prix and on having followed up the above recommended thread am now really eager to wach the Fast Lady in a couple of hours, or at least watch the tape later on. It looks as if it will fit in well with Genevieve, The Ladykillers, the St. Trinians (Terry-Thomas as the proprietor of the DREADNOUGHT Bus Company, with a photo of an SLR pinned above his desk on being requested to provide a bus tells Charlie to give No. 43 a light dusting over. In the background it can be seen that No. 43 has no window glass, wheels and is in use as a henhouse), anything with Kenneth More, etc.

#5 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 15:47

Originally posted by Vanwall
Thank you Sandy. It's been a while since I've seen it so a tape will most certainly go in the machine!

Such fond memories. It was filmed at Beaconsfield Studios and, as a lad living in nearby Tylers Green at the time, so many of the scenes are familiar, not least the car chase through the middle of Beaconsfield. :up:

What a wonderful cad Leslie Phillips played.

The scenes where the Bentley rolls backwards into the lake is at Frensham Ponds where I played as a child and took my girlfriends to 'play' as a teenager....
Doug Nye lives very nearby I recall
David B

#6 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,217 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 17:20

That's not like the scene where the Vauxhall 30/98 rolled into the Blue Lake at Mt Gambier, is it?

#7 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 18:51

Hi Ray, the 30-98 went off quite a bank into the lake! The Bentley went down a very gentle slope. Once again, the 30-98 outdid the Bentley.... :blush: