Goodwood House, Channel 5 UK tonight 7.15pm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,096 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 14:49

Not a directly motor racing topic, but linked;

For those TNFers who have enjoyed the outdoor aspects of Lord March's estate, there is a chance to see the inside of Goodwood house tonight on channel 5 , at 7.15pm. The programme is fronted by Charles Miller, and combines art and architecture with family history.

In shades of Salvadori he says, "This is Britain at its most beautiful". He adds that there is an entrepreneurial spirit evident throughout the estate...................... but that it is refreshing to see an "old" family capitalising on their advantages, rather than moaning about the cost of a leaky roof. So say all of us, I suspect.

Roger Lund.

Advertisement

#2 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,572 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 15:37

Would be even better if they honoured the concept of a club level hill climb that was originally put to them and gave them the idea for the current festival. It could run on the weekend before or after. Much as I appreciate the gathering of historic cars, without more club venues in the south east quarter of the UK there will be no motorsport to get nostalgic about in the future.
Also, I think Goodwood House is quite ugly compared to similar property.

#3 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 16:02

Off topic but can anyone tell me where to get a tea tray depicting the (ugly) House at Goodwood? Or is there a company who does prints on to such things? Much appreciated.

#4 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 6,096 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 18:29

Perhaps try via Goodwood Road Racing Club website and contact details, or via Goodwood office for trinket shop.

RL.