Photo

Grand Prix cars on the Champs-Elysees

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 21:17

I hadn't heard that Grand Prix cars and drivers had given a demo in Paris last Tuesday, until I read the latest pages on Memoire des Stands. Were any TNFers there with their cameras?

There is also a piece on the Grand Prix de Tours Festival which took place over the weekend.

http://memoiresdesta...hautetfort.com/

Advertisement

#2 Racing Lines

Racing Lines

• 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:47

Hi,

I was in Paris on Sunday June the 4th and attended to the F1 demo in the Champs Elysées. I attended to the celebration in the Le Mans area last Sunday too.
I need some few hours to prepare a review about those two events. I have some pictures too (mainly about Le Mans) but I never loaded images in this forum. I need to study how to do that.

#3 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:58

Good luck, Racing Lines - I look forward to seeeing them

#4 Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC

• 118 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:48

Another pictures here : http://minorart.free...nce/page_01.htm

#5 David Force

David Force

• 287 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 18:03

More pics available on www.ffsa.org which is the french federation official site.

It was an interesting concept but a bit let down by last minute organisation.

I can tell you that skating across the cobbles past the Trocadero and crossing the Seine with the Eiffel Tower in front of you from the cockpit of an F1 car was a blast !

#6 Gary C

Gary C

• 5,571 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 20:09

what did you drive, David?

#7 mark f1

mark f1

• 4,359 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:14

I was there but didn't know it!!!

We had just come down from the Eiffel tower when I heard what sounded like racing cars. I originally thought it was just some hoon, until I realised that it seemed to be pretty constant. By the time I took the obligatory photos of the wife and son underneath the tower and headed towards the small crowd gathered near the bridge over the Seine, the last car had gone past. : ....didn't think any more of it until I read this thread.

Mark