Jump to content


Photo

Photos needed of the Renault RE30 in Las Vegas, 1981


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ben-Cas

Ben-Cas
  • Member

  • 39 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:31

Hello everybody :wave:

I am looking for photos about the 1981 RENAULT F1 RE 30 driven by Alain PROST and René ARNOUX in the USA Grand Prix in LAS VEGAS. It is very important for me to manage the decals I am making.

Thank you very much ;)

Yours Sinceraly

Benoit

Advertisement

#2 Dennis Currington

Dennis Currington
  • Member

  • 145 posts
  • Joined: March 04

Posted 14 June 2006 - 15:32

Originally posted by Ben-Cas
Hello everybody :wave:

I am looking for photos about the 1981 RENAULT F1 RE 30 driven by Alain PROST and René ARNOUX in the USA Grand Prix in LAS VEGAS. It is very important for me to manage the decals I am making.

Thank you very much ;)

Yours Sinceraly

Benoit



Benoit,

Perhaps these would help:

http://classicracing...alace-GP/photo4

http://classicracing...alace-GP/photo5

#3 Ben-Cas

Ben-Cas
  • Member

  • 39 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 14 June 2006 - 17:59

Thank you very much Dennis! :clap: ;)

These are the photos during the practice. Very interesting! If someone have other photos of the RE 30 during the race, please post them. Thank you very much dear friends ;)

Bye see you ;)

Sinceraly

Benoit

#4 Dennis Currington

Dennis Currington
  • Member

  • 145 posts
  • Joined: March 04

Posted 14 June 2006 - 18:03

Originally posted by Ben-Cas
Thank you very much Dennis! :clap: ;)

These are the photos during the practice. Very interesting! If someone have other photos of the RE 30 during the race, please post them. Thank you very much dear friends ;)

Bye see you ;)

Sinceraly

Benoit



Just curious.......how can you tell these are from practice and not the race? I was there and can't even tell?? :D

#5 Ben-Cas

Ben-Cas
  • Member

  • 39 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:41

Originally posted by Dennis Currington



Just curious.......how can you tell these are from practice and not the race? I was there and can't even tell?? :D


Hello Dennis :wave:

Ok but it is not easy to understand. But I am going to try:

Firstly, I am completely sure that the RE 30 that René Arnoux drives on your photo is not his race car. Indeed, it is the RE 32, ex-Prost and firstly, because the car is in this order, yellow, black and white colored, then, because the name of the pilot is erased, so you can deduce that it was the car of Prost before. Furthermore, we can notice, that this car is hybrid: the back aileron is out of carbon whereas the front aileron is out of aluminium. So we can deduce that it is just the car of reserve.

Secondly, concerning the RE 34 driven by Prost, we can notice that the car is not configured yet for the race. Indeed, on the film of Las Vegas that I have got, the number fifteen in front of the car is bigger than here, because on this photo we do not see the "five" of the number fifteen. I know, it is a detail, but I am studiing the decorations to make the decals of the future 1/43rd model resin kit of the RE 30 that will be available on july on this site: www.f1passion.com
If you are interesting, suscribe you and then go to the forum in "L'actualité de la F1 en miniature" in the post "Commandes Renault-Elf RE 30 F1 Passion". Sorry it is french speaking. For information, the kit costs 45€.

I would like to tell you that the RE 30 is my prefered formula 1 car.

I hope that you have understand my very detailed explanations ;)

Bye see you

Sinceraly

Benoit

#6 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

  • 6,609 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:06

Not much use to you I'm afraid, Benoit, but I took this pic of Prost on the grid at Caesar's Palace;

Posted Image

#7 Ben-Cas

Ben-Cas
  • Member

  • 39 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:11

Thank you very much Twin Window! :clap: ;)

#8 Dennis Currington

Dennis Currington
  • Member

  • 145 posts
  • Joined: March 04

Posted 15 June 2006 - 15:06

Originally posted by Ben-Cas
Thank you very much Twin Window! :clap: ;)


And thank you Benoit for your detailed explanation....and I thought I was noticing the details :lol:

Twinny, looks like you had a much better vantage point at Caesars than my seat in the bleachers :D .... great shot!