Alf Colledge's old Mini Cooper

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Techbooks

Techbooks

• 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:14

G'day there,

I am researching a blue/white Mini Cooper S raced from about 1967 by Alf Colledge, mostly at Victoria circuits along with the odd hillclimb, later campaigned by Ron Simmons into the 1970s and beyond.

Does anyone recall the car or know of a good source for Australian Touring Car race results? Unfortunately I don't have access to any of the period magazines like AMS but wonder if there are any websites worth looking at.

Cheers,
Damien

Advertisement

#2 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:48

Originally posted by Techbooks
G'day there,

I am researching a blue/white Mini Cooper S raced from about 1967 by Alf Colledge, mostly at Victoria circuits along with the odd hillclimb, later campaigned by Ron Simmons into the 1970s and beyond.

Does anyone recall the car or know of a good source for Australian Touring Car race results? Unfortunately I don't have access to any of the period magazines like AMS but wonder if there are any websites worth looking at.

Cheers,
Damien

Greetings Techbooks....sounds like your recent move has been successful....keep up the good work spreading the Motoracing printed word :up:

Racing Car News magazine was probably around at that time (I'm learning to trust my memory :rolleyes: ) and you can probably track down copies at your state library.....the National Library certainly has them.

Another suggestion is to post on www.ausmini.com where there is a mix of the very young and some old hands.

Craig Watson publishes The Mini Experience magazine and is quite knowledgeable and has many contacts...http://autofan.com.au/

Another suggestion would be to contact the VMCI (the Thicktorian Mini Car Club) ........sure to be someone there who can help you....Cheers, Mick

#3 ron simmonds

ron simmonds

• 56 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:18

G'day there,

Cheers,
Damien