• Please log in to reply
3064 replies to this topic

#101 Jordan191

Jordan191

• 7,262 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 18:15

Originally posted by Tomecek
Why we have formula one?

you were happy enough with F1 before nobody wanted Moantoya in it.

Advertisement

#102 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 19:17

Originally posted by Jordan191

Alonso wasn't happy with Massa at the beginning of Q3 when he was all over the back of Massa's Ferrari and Massa wouldn't move over for him. I assume it's related to that.

At any rate it's idiotic. If you want to set a time, space yourself on the warmup lap.

In a previous thread:
I stated just pulling over and letting the pack past you and then going for it when the gap opened up sufficiently to run in undisturbed air

all sorts of excuces were brought up such as... saftey concerns, tires cooling, being unable to find clear track in a crowded session

#103 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 19:21

Originally posted by Tomecek
Why we have formula one?

we had formula 1... so that pinnicle of man (racer) and machine could be pitted against one another on a level playing field

(if you can call a 6% grade level)

#104 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:41

I dare not start a thread to ask this question ... so here it is

Can massa pull himself out of the race and let Schumacher use his car?
like they used to??

#105 kamix

kamix

• 1,238 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:53

Originally posted by Ross Stonefeld

Im grown up enough to know how to spell.

Next step is toilet training. One day you will stop dribbling all that shit. By the way you forgot an apostrophe. :lol:

#106 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:55

Originally posted by Rexx Havoc

like they used to??

bumpity BUMP!...

#107 FredF1

FredF1

• 1,984 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:12

Stupid Question.

Why are drivers, who have incurred a 10-place penalty, allowed to 'bump' another driver out of the top ten? Isn't that an unfair penalty on whoever is running 'eleventh?

I'm sure Rosberg kept Webber out of the top ten earlier this year in just such a case.

#108 pippin

pippin

• 741 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:31

Originally posted by FredF1

Stupid Question.

Why are drivers, who have incurred a 10-place penalty, allowed to 'bump' another driver out of the top ten? Isn't that an unfair penalty on whoever is running 'eleventh?

I'm sure Rosberg kept Webber out of the top ten earlier this year in just such a case.

I've wondered about that too, but a driver who's in 11th, then gets moved up to 10th due to another driver's grid penalty. He can I believe still choose his race fuel load, so in a way he has some potential advantage against drivers ahead of him too and one less ahead to worry about. So it may not be so bad.

#109 smartie_f1

smartie_f1

• 296 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:47

like they used to??

As far as i can recall, i think MS has the option of using the spare car, however, his race engine must be put into the new car. if he uses a new chassis with a new engine he will get a grid penalty. Not sure why he would want/need to use Massa's car but i may have misunderstood the question.

When Monty left his engine had only done one race and PdlR had to use it for his first race.

#110 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 14:57

Originally posted by smartie_f1

As far as i can recall, i think MS has the option of using the spare car, however, his race engine must be put into the new car. if he uses a new chassis with a new engine he will get a grid penalty. Not sure why he would want/need to use Massa's car but i may have misunderstood the question.

When Monty left his engine had only done one race and PdlR had to use it for his first race.

I guess I didn't state my question clearly

In the good old days team mates have surrendered thier car to thier teammate to enable them to finish the race and get points or possibly win the championship

so could Massa fesibly withdraw before the start and schumacher start the race in his car?

#111 dnbn

dnbn

• 2,019 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 15:02

Originally posted by smartie_f1
As far as i can recall, i think MS has the option of using the spare car, however, his race engine must be put into the new car.

That would violate the parc ferme rule and he will have to start from pit-lane.

#112 Modern Lover

Modern Lover

• 727 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 15:24

Very stupid qustions:
Who did Bernie buy the commercial rights from, how much did he pay, and how long is the 'lease' of FOM?

Given the 19000rpm limitations for 2007 and onwards how do the manufacturers then optimise torque? (It is apparent that I know nothing about the tech aspects :( )

#113 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 11,783 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 15:32

I guess I didn't state my question clearly

In the good old days team mates have surrendered thier car to thier teammate to enable them to finish the race and get points or possibly win the championship

Not possible anymore since somewhere around 1958/59. And even when this possibililty was allowed the points were shared so Michael could only win 5 points max under those rules.

#114 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 15:43

Originally posted by scheivlak
Not possible anymore since somewhere around 1958/59. And even when this possibililty was allowed the points were shared so Michael could only win 5 points max under those rules.

thanks for the tip

it's nice when the antagonists are sorting thru thier meds and the BB functions as it should

I thought of this after Massa was on pole and earlier in the week he stated he would do whatever was neccesary so Micheal could secure the title

#115 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 15:46

Originally posted by Modern Lover

Given the 19000rpm limitations for 2007 and onwards how do the manufacturers then optimise torque? (It is apparent that I know nothing about the tech aspects :( )

I think they will optimise camshafts and intake lengths as from my understanding torque is highest lower in the rpm range so I will further venture to say that with an rpm cap they will work on flattening the curve and having it be thru a wider rpm range

#116 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 17:46

WTF?

does the TV director not realise that MS is slicing thru the field ?

WHEN WILL THE F.O.M. TAKE OVER THE FEED???

#117 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 17:47

schumacher has made up almost 6 secs since massa's pit

#118 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 18:22

just before MS lost time on this lap did anyone else notice the bacon strips (dark tire marks) coming off MS' tires (onto the trck) following GF coming out of the corner??

#119 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 00:52

Ok I'm asking this here because I don't want to get lam‧basted for starting a thread on it

since everyone gets held to such a high level of grammar, spelling, and made accountable for their remarks in various threads

What does Mark Weber mean when he says that he is absolutely praying that red bull delivers

Who is he praying to or does it merely mean he's "hoping" really hard that they do?

The reason I was asking this... is that I've been pondering how much of an american phenomena thanking god (at least to me) seems to be in sports

I wanted to start a thread about it
after Hayden PTL after his championship win
I think that was the first time I've heard the winner of an European race series bring their religious beliefs into their list of supporters.
Did Senna?
or am I not recalling it? :confused:

Advertisement

#120 Modern Lover

Modern Lover

• 727 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:26

Ok I'm asking this here because I don't want to get lam‧basted for starting a thread on it

since everyone gets held to such a high level of grammar, spelling, and made accountable for their remarks in various threads

What does Mark Weber mean when he says that he is absolutely praying that red bull delivers

Who is he praying to or does it merely mean he's "hoping" really hard that they do?

The reason I was asking this... is that I've been pondering how much of an american phenomena thanking god (at least to me) seems to be in sports

I wanted to start a thread about it
after Hayden PTL after his championship win
I think that was the first time I've heard the winner of an European race series bring their religious beliefs into their list of supporters.
Did Senna?
or am I not recalling it? :confused:

I don't think you should take too much notice of how most Americans behave. Its basically political correctness gone overboard. Have you noticed how the middleclass have started to say shoot instead of shiit? We all know they mean shiit but they think the degenerated shoot is better.

After 9/11 and the whole Islam v the Western World I think religion has been elevated to an importance it does not deserve. To cope with their fears people turn to the 'safety' of a God. For Mark Webber this is probably a figure of speach, for other it's dead serious, where they actually believe that parying will change things. IMHO, all religious persons should be stripped of their voting rights as they are borderline crazy. But that is for another discussion.

#121 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,431 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:47

I don't think you should take too much notice of how most Americans behave. Its basically political correctness gone overboard. Have you noticed how the middleclass have started to say shoot instead of shiit? We all know they mean shiit but they think the degenerated shoot is better.

After 9/11 and the whole Islam v the Western World I think religion has been elevated to an importance it does not deserve. To cope with their fears people turn to the 'safety' of a God. For Mark Webber this is probably a figure of speach, for other it's dead serious, where they actually believe that parying will change things. IMHO, all religious persons should be stripped of their voting rights as they are borderline crazy. But that is for another discussion.

Where in America do you live?

#122 Modern Lover

Modern Lover

• 727 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:59

Originally posted by senna da silva

Where in America do you live?

Europe.
BTW, I was referring to North Americans.

#123 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,341 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:40

Why do you never see baby pigeons?

#124 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,533 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:44

Originally posted by Tenmantaylor

I dont see piqeons here either.

Schumacher? Who is him?

#125 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:03

Originally posted by Tenmantaylor

How do you know that? Maybe all the pigeons you see are baby pigeons.;)

#126 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,431 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 19:05

Europe.
BTW, I was referring to North Americans.

So you must travel to the US and Canada often?

#127 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,456 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 19:25

I think they will optimise camshafts and intake lengths as from my understanding torque is highest lower in the rpm range so I will further venture to say that with an rpm cap they will work on flattening the curve and having it be thru a wider rpm range

How can they do that? The engine is now fixed and only agreed non-performance upgrades allowed.

I suppose changes to the engine mapping and gear ratios could help change the power curve.

#128 RDM

RDM

• 2,112 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 19:34

Where would we be without rhetorical questions?

#129 Garagiste

Garagiste

• 3,796 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:23

Why is there only one Monopolies commission?

#130 E.B.

E.B.

• 1,832 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 13:07

What's the safest way to commit suicide?

#131 RDM

RDM

• 2,112 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 13:14

Originally posted by E.B.
What's the safest way to commit suicide?

A 1994 Williams F1 car?

#132 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 13:48

If Intelligent Design explains how we got here, why did God give men nipples?

#133 chris_canuk

chris_canuk

• 6,096 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 13:50

Originally posted by Orin

So we could give each other purple nurples. D'uh.

#134 RDM

RDM

• 2,112 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 14:01

Originally posted by Orin

Intelligent Design aside - men have nipples as - albeit fairly briefly - we all start off as a female in the womb. Apparently.

#135 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,341 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 18:54

And some men never quite shake it off

#136 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 19:17

Originally posted by RDM

Intelligent Design aside - men have nipples as - albeit fairly briefly - we all start off as a female in the womb. Apparently.

I thought it was the other way we are all males in the womb and our penis' develop and get bigger while in females it doesn't and ends up being a clitoris

but I believe there are quite a few males perusing these boards that have clits masquerading as penises
now get back on topic... be'yotches

#137 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 19:25

Originally posted by Clatter

How can they do that? The engine is now fixed and only agreed non-performance upgrades allowed.

I suppose changes to the engine mapping and gear ratios could help change the power curve.

I'm not positive of the letter of the rule but I thought the freeze was on major components... therefore I was venturing to say that intake runner length changes (as they are now fixed), mapping, and possibly air box development (has the opening in the airbox requirement been amended?)

#138 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 15:54

What is an F1 theme park??

is it an amusement park with F1 bodied cars on the roller coaster and a couple of moving chairs facing an IMAX screen

how far can they take the theme
or what could they possibly do with 380 million

#139 Speed_Racer

Speed_Racer

• 242 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:39

Does anyone have a picture of M.Schumacher with even a trace of facial hair ?

Advertisement

#140 prty

prty

• 5,164 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:19

Originally posted by Speed_Racer

http://img224.images.../pubertyop1.jpg ;)

It was posted here I think.

#141 Andy Donovan

Andy Donovan

• 1,015 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 13:04

Originally posted by Speed_Racer

I think I remember him having his chin electrolysed a few years ago, so I guess prty's pic is the most he's ever going to get.

#142 Dudley

Dudley

• 9,245 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 13:40

Originally posted by RDM

A 1994 Williams F1 car?

Dangerous but brilliant :)

#143 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,282 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 15:56

Exactly who will be sitting on the pitwall in 07?

What with the Ferrari shakeups, Renault shakeups, McLaren staff migrating to Red Bull, Williams having a rethink etc etc.

#144 Speed_Racer

Speed_Racer

• 242 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 18:44

Thanks guys :)

I think an F1 Magazine (long time back) had the telemetry links comparing Schumacher and Barrichello going through the same corners. From what I recall, the traces had Michael downshifting later, having more throttle throughout the turn, and gaining a few tenths coming out.

Does anybody have any scanned archives/graphs of it ?

#145 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 15:58

Jeff Gordon get in an F1 car he's within a second of the williams driver lap time
most testers are within the one second the cars time including Rossi

it's undeniable that the hard part is the last few Tenths

Mika is 3 seconds off any opinions??

#146 RDM

RDM

• 2,112 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 16:23

Jeff Gordon get in an F1 car he's within a second of the williams driver lap time
most testers are within the one second the cars time including Rossi

it's undeniable that the hard part is the last few Tenths

Mika is 3 seconds off any opinions??

That he retired at about the right time! :)

Or - more seriously, I would guess most of these other testers actually take some time to get within 1-2 seconds of the regular drivers, and I'm sure with another day or 2 in the car Mika would close the gap significantly.

#147 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,533 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 19:02

Originally posted by RDM
Or - more seriously, I would guess most of these other testers actually take some time to get within 1-2 seconds of the regular drivers, and I'm sure with another day or 2 in the car Mika would close the gap significantly.

Mika went out on heavy car and worn rubber. On equal machinery he cant be THAT slow.

#148 Lazarus II

Lazarus II

• 4,527 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 20:26

Originally posted by prty

http://img224.images.../pubertyop1.jpg ;)

It was posted here I think.

Very Nascar looking.......Mikey Wayne Shoemaker drivin' the Goodwrench Papa Johns AC Delco Chevrolet Monte Carlo....... :up:

#149 Lazarus II

Lazarus II

• 4,527 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 20:48

A pot for every chicken and a chicken for every pot heh? or are you a follower of bloody Joe Stalin?
No thanks.
I've met many of you know-it-all atheists types. I actually had the pleasure of having a couple in a firefight with me, screaming "help me God" the whole time....thought about shooting them myself they were such a pain in the ass.....changed my mind, it wasn't my job.... instant karma's gonna get you........

#150 Rexx Havoc

Rexx Havoc

• 966 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 20:35

Originally posted by Lazarus II

I've met many of you know-it-all atheists types. I actually had the pleasure of having a couple in a firefight with me, screaming "help me God" the whole time....

I asked a vegan atheist once, why did she scream Oh God! in the throes of passion

to which there was no acknowledgment or reply
and the end result was I never got to mount that steed ever again...