1967 CanAm McLaren liveries and pics requested

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 racefun

racefun

• 30 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 18:20

Hi i am searching pictures and colour schemes on this cars from can am 1967

#31 McLaren M1B Chevy private Brooke Doran (green maybe)

#42 McLaren M1B Chevy Entin Bros Racing Jerry Entin (is it brown or?)

#86 McLaren M1B Chevy private Jim Adams (red with 2 white stribes)

Advertisement

#2 Wolf

Wolf

• 7,883 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 18:57

Unfortunately, MC site has only '66 colour schemes. Maybe they'll still be of some use- pg 1 and pg 2...

#3 Shooter

Shooter

• 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 21:45

Hi i am also searching pictures from this great race series (group 7) 1967 Can-Am

#71 McLaren M1B Chevy private George Alderman

Hope you can help us, thanks :up:

#4 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 23:35

Posted Image
Here is the Entin Bros Car at Riverside. The number was 45 however. The color is Nassau blue with a white stripe. It was a stock Corvette color. photo by Gary Wheeler

#5 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 23:58

Posted Image
Here is Jim Adams car. It was sponsored by Hollywood Sportscars and owned by Chic Vandagriff. These pictures were shot at Riverside Raceway in 1967 and were for a Union Oil Fuel commercial. I am behind Jim Adams. I had the number #1 on the car for this commercial. Photo by Pete VanLaw

#6 racefun

racefun

• 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:23

fantastic :clap:
ask about a livery and get told by the driver himself.

i only have this of no. 42, is it you in the car Jerry?

Posted Image

Posted Image

and this of Jim Adams ?

an dof Brooke Doran:
Posted Image

#7 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

• 976 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:05

The red #86 above immediately struck my memory cells as being that of Mike Goth...but I'm getting older by the minute!

#8 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:46

Your pictures have the wrong names by them. #42 is from 1968 and it is Candido DaMota and Manfred is right about #86 being Mike Goth that was from 1966. for #31 being Brooke Doran. That was his number in 1967 but the car you are showing isn't from that time. It has a more modern type and by the way better rollbar installed. I suggest if you can find it getting Pete Lyons great book called CanAm by Pete Lyons. He has all the numbers and pictures this is the best source for all the information you seek.

#9 zac510

zac510

• 1,713 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 18:12

We really need a dedicated CanAm enthusiast website/resource don't we?

#10 racefun

racefun

• 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 19:55

yes it seems that most of the info is hard to get, but how to do it, one guy collecting all the pictures there is to find, and everybody else telling a story of the cars they know.
my knowledge is very small, even my friends lola t165 i know nothing about from those days of thunder.

#11 NGSmith

NGSmith

• 137 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 23:20

Tell me more about the T165. Who owns it and what the history is. I have a very similar car and would like to meet the owner.

Nick

Originally posted by racefun
yes it seems that most of the info is hard to get, but how to do it, one guy collecting all the pictures there is to find, and everybody else telling a story of the cars they know.
my knowledge is very small, even my friends lola t165 i know nothing about from those days of thunder.

#12 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 00:58

Posted Image
Here is Nick's car-photo by forum member David Pozzi. This picture is from the 40th year CanAm Reunion held at Elkhart Lake. Summer of 2006.

#13 graham donaldson

graham donaldson

• 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:52

Originally posted by Jerry Entin
Posted Image
Here is the Entin Bros Car at Riverside. The number was 45 however. The color is Nassau blue with a white stripe. It was a stock Corvette color. photo by Gary Wheeler

Jerry
it is good to see the photo of your car
graham

#14 racefun

racefun

• 30 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:28

Originally posted by NGSmith
Tell me more about the T165. Who owns it and what the history is. I have a very similar car and would like to meet the owner.

Nick

Hi Nick
its look like the same car, just without a wing

the owner is Martin Borch, he just bought it in US this summer and got it to Europe a couple of days before the historic race in copenhagen, right now he has send wheels and something else to England to get it FIA approved, so he can race in the european historic canam serie next season .

I just started to collect information about the car to Martin, because he didnt get so much from the former owner.
so that was the last of the 3 cars, and the last from the T160 serie

Martin is the guy chekking the tyre pressure, and is racing classic racers all over europe, spa-monza-nurburgring and even 2 times at goodwood festival.

what more about yuor car, do you still have it and race it, the picture looks like it from these days like a historic race?

btw another friend and me a started to make a 1/24 model of the car, I will make a form of the model and make gfk bodies to slotcarracing, so i think a lot of Martin's friends will race with that over here.

here is all i got so far from Martin's car:

Logbook: SVAR, HSR
Condition: Excellent

Description
Chevy 427 bored 439, Brodex heads, Lucas-Kinsler fuel injection, Weaver dry sump, gear reduction starter, MSD ignition with ajustable rev limiter, Hewland DG-500, stainless headers, new tub, complete restoration with new fiberglass body and windscreens, new Heim joints, double adjustable Koni's, 20 gallon fuel cell, Phoenix fire system to driver, fuel cell and engine. Simpson 5pt harness for both seats, booster battery with connectors, Hoosier slicks 11/24X15, 15/27X15, car cover, sunblock tonneau, spare windscreen. Motivated seller quit racing after 20yrs due to age and health issues.

History
ex Jerry Hansen. Raced Vintage after complete restoration in 1988. No DNS's od DNF's. Easy to maintain.

Recent Competition History
1st place Brian Redman International Chaalenge Road America-1995

Performance Data
Class: Can Am Group 7
Weight: 1800 lbs
Engine
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Type: 427 V8
Displacement: 439 cc
Horsepower: 750
Induction: Lucas-Kinsler Injection
Heads: Brodix
Block: Chevrolet
Exhaust: stainless
Races: 20
Fuel System
Fuel Cell
Manufacturer: Fuel Safe
Capacity: 20 gallons
Fuel Pump: electric low & high pressure
Fuel Type: 112-116 octane
Oil/Water System
Water Rad Location: nose
Oil Cooler: yes
Oil Cooler Location: left engine scoop
Electrical System
Ignition: MSD
Alternator: none
Battery: on board with booster connection
Transmission
Manfacturer: Hewland
Type: LG-500
Gears: 4spd + reverse
Shifter: right side pod
Trans Cooler: not needed
Rear End
Manufacturer: Hewland
Type: transaxle above
Body
Construction: fiberglass
Color: blue with white center stripe
Condition: excellent
Chassis
Type: monocoque
Material: aluminum
Shocks: Koni double adjustable new T990
Brakes: Girling 4 discs
Wheels: magnesium
Tires: Hoosier slicks
Interior
Color/Finish: black
Material: fiberglass & aluminum
Fire System: Phoenix Halon
Restraints: 5pt Simpson-both seats
Guages: Stewart Warner
Steering Wheel: quick release
Spares
numerous gear sets/dogs
spare windscreen
misc springs
custom car cover and sun tonneau

#15 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:41

Posted Image
Keld: Here is a car that is more like Martin's new car. It is Jack Hinkle of Witchita Kansas in his Lola. He was a friend of mine and a great guy. He raced against Jerry Hansen alot. Photo by Joe Shaneyfelt

#16 biercemountain

biercemountain

• 1,014 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:03

Originally posted by Jerry Entin
Posted Image
Keld: Here is a car that is more like Martin's new car. It is Jack Hinkle of Witchita Kansas in his Lola. He was a friend of mine and a great guy. He raced against Jerry Hansen alot. Photo by Joe Shaneyfelt

Are those 50 gallon drums really being used as barriers? I've never seen that before.

#17 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:17

They are the barriers and I don't advise trying to move them. I am sure they would win.

#18 racefun

racefun

• 30 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 14:30

Hi
I just talked to Martin, and this car could be his, is there anybody knowing the history of this car, as far as we know the car was 1. sold to Jerry Hansen, who ran 1 time at Elkhart lane, got a punkture and after the race sold the car to Jack Hinkle who raced it several years. but what happend then?
if you know more about this please write :)

#19 NGSmith

NGSmith

• 137 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:15

Keld,

Mine started life as a T160 and through the years has become closer to a T165 in it's current state. Originally ran as a small block and when it got re-tubbed for the nth time it was rebuilt to T163 chassis spec, put in a big block and the current later bodywork. It works well and I have no reason to restore it back to it's original condition. As far as chasing history? I have struck out over the years as well because no one really cared about what chassis number they had and they were hardly ever documented by anyone. Ive narrowed it down by process of elimination but only can speculate as to it's history.

The picture that Jerry posted was from July at the Elkhart Lake Can Am reunion. I plan to race my other cars next year and spend a little more time changing a few things and installing the injection but yes I do race it.

Good luck!

Nick

Advertisement

#20 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:43

Originally posted by racefun
Hi
I just talked to Martin, and this car could be his, is there anybody knowing the history of this car, as far as we know the car was 1. sold to Jerry Hansen, who ran 1 time at Elkhart lane, got a punkture and after the race sold the car to Jack Hinkle who raced it several years. but what happend then?
if you know more about this please write :)

That is not what happened. Jerry Hansen and Jack Hinkle BOTH had new T-165s in 1970. Hansen kept his car all year and ran it many times before selling at the end of the year. Hinkle kept his T-165 a rather amazing 10 full seasons before either retiring it or selling it. They most definitely were not the same car.

In fact they ran against each other in the 1970 Road America June Sprints. They both had high wings. They ran close together until Hansen began to pull away. Then Jerry blew his engine and was out. Hinkle went on to win.

Hansen's car was orange, Hinkle's was red.

#21 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 14:34

:wave: I am aware its not exactly what was requested , but perhaps its usefull to some :

http://mascalemodels....com/index.html

Regards Bjørn

#22 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 14:42

:wave: Or this one :

www.sportsracingltd.com

#23 racefun

racefun

• 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 16:07

@ RA Histo.... or Tom? was it, thanks for the info, very usefull, i saw a picture the other day of the 2 lola's together, great, hope to find more.

@ Bjørn, have you a company in 2610? and a burning Alfa?

#24 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 20:25

No Keld!