Photo

British F3 - Dugdale follow up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Darren Galpin

Darren Galpin

• 2,321 posts

Posted 04 September 2000 - 06:57

Some time ago I posted a topic about British F3 on behalf on Luke Dugdale. He is still looking for info, and sent me the following e-mail this weekend:-

---

Hi Darren,
I wrote to you in May asking for information on British F3 races for 1974/75 as my late father 'Peter Dugdale' raced in these years. Thanks for posting the request on the nostalgia forum of the Atlas site. There were three responses, but unfortunately they never got back to me. Huw Jenjin and Don Capps replied to your post saying that they probably have some information somewhere in the form of old programmes etc. and bobdar said he had an F3 car which Alex Ribiero drove in 1974 in the British F3 races and said he was happy to share information. I had written to Bobdar with bits of information I have gathered and also to Don Capps, but have yet to have had a reply. I may be the case that they could'nt find any info. and thought it was pointless in writing to me if they have nothing to tell me.
Do have regular contact with these people and if so, would it be possible to remind them of my request.
I have had some joy with my research. I have found out through an Autosport article written about by dad after he had won a formula Libre race during April 1974 that his March 733 belonged to Richard Robarts in 1973. I have found out that my dad did two German F3 races during september of 1974 at Mainz-Finthen and Nurburgring racing against several other drivers who went onto F1 including Hans Binder, Harald Ertl, Conny Andersson and Gunnar Nilsson who my dad actually beat in the final of the Nurburgring event. These results feature on a very comprehensive German F3 site which you
probably already know about, but if not the address is

http://www.formel3register.de/

Well I hope I have'nt bored you too much and if you could help with the British F3 results I would be extremely grateful.
Cheers
Luke.

--

Can you help at all? Don?

Advertisement

#2 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,218 posts

Posted 04 September 2000 - 12:43

Gives you a nice warm feeling... I think I've mentioned before that I have met a Dennis Chiron, who knew virtually nothing about his uncle's racing. That Luke is able to find these things out, irrespective of why he hasn't had the first-hand discussions one would think would have been possible at some time, is a great thing.

#3 bobdar

bobdar

• 108 posts

Posted 04 September 2000 - 16:28

I Email'd Luke back in June (and again this morning), but, unfortunately, I have no more information than Luke already has. What both Luke and I need are Forward Thrust and Lombard F3 results from 1974 and 1975. The GEL Motorsports site is great, but we both need complete result lists for the races in these series.

#4 Don Capps

Don Capps

• 5,933 posts

Posted 04 September 2000 - 16:46

I gathered some information and tried to send it several times, but it kept getting returned as "undeleiverable" to the address I was given.

#5 bobdar

bobdar

• 108 posts

Posted 05 September 2000 - 03:18

Don: This address for Luke Dugdale has been working for me:
luke_dugdale@stud.umist.ac.uk

Note the underline, not a dash.

I also am looking for '74-'75 F3 results, particularly re. Alex Ribiero in the '74 GRD, which currently lives in my garage. Alex took over Brian Henton's March F3 seat in '75, and actually sold his '74 transporter (with the GRD inside!) to Brian. If Brian used the car at all I'd be surprised, but he eventually sold it to a fellow from Seattle. The next time the car was raced, it won the '76 SCCA Formula C championship with an 1100 cc BDJ, the current motor. I've spoken with Alex in San Paulo, and he was very helpful and friendly, and Emailed some photos of the car from 1974.

Any information re. Alex's '74 F3 results would be great.

Bob Darcey
abonfig@msn.com

#6 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 28 October 2000 - 17:51

I am having the same troubles as Don here, whether I'm answering to Luke's mail or typing his address by hand - what's wrong here?

#7 Don Capps

Don Capps

• 5,933 posts

Posted 28 October 2000 - 22:39

Like Michael, I tried to do the follow-up, but the mail didn't get through -- or that is the message I got. Since then I have switched computers (twice -- don't ask...). I will try again soon.

#8 bobdar

bobdar

• 108 posts

Posted 10 November 2000 - 22:52

Received an Email from Luke Dugdale today. Apparently he has not received any of the Emails sent him re. his father's F3 history. Correct address is:

luke.dugdale@stud.umist.ac.uk

He asked that I send him Don Capps Email address,. which I found on this site. I willalso advise him to register here so he can post directly.

#9 bobdar

bobdar

• 108 posts

Posted 10 November 2000 - 23:50

Well HELL, that address didn't work either. He also gave me luke.dugdale@hotmail.com but it also errored out. I don't know, but if you're really interested in helping out, you can call him at 0161 200 3668.

Bob Darcey

#10 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 11 November 2000 - 18:34

This address has worked for me today:

luke.dugdale@stud.umist.ac.uk

I know, it's the same as bobdar's, so it remains puzzling! He also gave me the following:

luke_dugdale@hotmail.com