Jump to content


Photo

Lago Talbot #11003


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Bailey

Robert Bailey
  • Member

  • 212 posts
  • Joined: August 06

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:25

Whiteford/Hunt car sold,great news staying in Australia.

Advertisement

#2 Egon Thurner

Egon Thurner
  • Member

  • 305 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 22 September 2006 - 23:28

A simple typo? or what?

#3 David McKinney

David McKinney
  • Member

  • 14,156 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:39

John Blanden's book calls this car 110003. Everyone else says 110002

#4 Egon Thurner

Egon Thurner
  • Member

  • 305 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:43

110003 is bullshit. This cars career endet in winter 1949/1950, when its chassis and other parts had been used for 110053.

It was 110002 of course.

#5 Robert Bailey

Robert Bailey
  • Member

  • 212 posts
  • Joined: August 06

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:23

Originally posted by Egon Thurner
A simple typo? or what?

Correct I should have looked up Pierre Abeillon book TALBOT-LAGO.correct is #110002.Of course my father owned #110007.Down in the garage still got bits of that car,should send them to current owner.

#6 Egon Thurner

Egon Thurner
  • Member

  • 305 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:01

Your father had a great car in his hands. I always liked the Lagos and 110007 a successful one. Although ... my personal favorite also was the monoplace centrale.

#7 Robert Bailey

Robert Bailey
  • Member

  • 212 posts
  • Joined: August 06

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:08

Originally posted by Egon Thurner
Your father had a great car in his hands. I always liked the Lagos and 110007 a successful one. Although ... my personal favorite also was the monoplace centrale.

Yep he should have kept that one along with many other cars.Have you got or seen a copy of Pierre Abeillon 2 stage book,although in French it's readable for me even though I'm single to English only.

#8 Egon Thurner

Egon Thurner
  • Member

  • 305 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:11

I do not own the book, but I know it and I think I've nearly every picture of the book on my harddisk.

#9 Robert Bailey

Robert Bailey
  • Member

  • 212 posts
  • Joined: August 06

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:25

Originally posted by Egon Thurner
I do not own the book, but I know it and I think I've nearly every picture of the book on my harddisk.

the new owner of the Hunt car is well known in Australian historic racing and I'd say it will be raced often,sad to see Hunt selling his cars his Lago,many W.O.Bentleys and several years ago his Maserati 300s,very wealthy gent guess now he is in the latter part of life its time to move on.

#10 Ray Bell

Ray Bell
  • Member

  • 53,399 posts
  • Joined: December 99

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:38

I went to see old Reg maybe four years ago...

I'd been told he was crook, possibly on his last legs, but he seemed fine to me. But that's four years ago.

Nice penthouse he has. Overlooks Albert Park, the scene of one of his little victories.

#11 Robert Bailey

Robert Bailey
  • Member

  • 212 posts
  • Joined: August 06

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:03

Originally posted by Ray Bell
I went to see old Reg maybe four years ago...

I'd been told he was crook, possibly on his last legs, but he seemed fine to me. But that's four years ago.

Nice penthouse he has. Overlooks Albert Park, the scene of one of his little victories.

think he sold it maybe because his wife has passed on,Ron Towney has bought it,a well liked historic racer,though i don't think he has a open licence any more,good mateof Ian Tate's.

#12 Ray Bell

Ray Bell
  • Member

  • 53,399 posts
  • Joined: December 99

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:06

Yeah, Ron's a good guy...

Not the sort of person to extract the most from the car, but he'll keep it in good shape. Maybe he'll get Ian to drive it?

#13 Robert Bailey

Robert Bailey
  • Member

  • 212 posts
  • Joined: August 06

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:19

Originally posted by Ray Bell
Yeah, Ron's a good guy...

Not the sort of person to extract the most from the car, but he'll keep it in good shape. Maybe he'll get Ian to drive it?

would think so,Ian for all his faults would be kind on the engine running gear.Here is somthing when my father Owen,ran the 1st Lago at the 56 gp,Ian went out with them(father and H.Firth)Ian sat in Lago on trailer towed by a Rolls Royce.Ian also has the old MG/Holden that ran at Southport.PS have always enjoyed your mag stories.