Photo

TNF's 'Worldwide BMC Owners Club'

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#601 GMACKIE

GMACKIE

• 1,606 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 22:03

Thanks GreenMachine - sorry about the name mix-up.....nice photos of some wonderful machinery. :wave:

To see, hear, and feel those engines running is a real buz.

Advertisement

#602 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 5,389 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 22:23

I stopped off and talked to the owner of the 1100 truck yesterday...

The chassis is from an Austin A40, it goes forward as far as the main body crossmember (under the front seat?) and the front end has had the A40 springs grafted in along with dampers.

The whole thing was created back in 1983 and he couldn't get it registered. "You don't have the qualifications make those mods!" was the attitude, so it's sat around all these years.

Seemingly he did a good job. The work on the cab seems very professional. The A40 chassis makes that look professional too. Though I still wonder why.

#603 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,400 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:39

You just need to put the image codes at each end...

[img] at the beginning, no gap, your link and then no gap to the closing image code at the end.

#604 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,400 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:56

The closing code is:

[/img]

The software forbids it all being in a single post without a proper image link between them!

#605 Catalina Park

Catalina Park

• 5,644 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:12

I stopped off and talked to the owner of the 1100 truck yesterday...

The chassis is from an Austin A40, it goes forward as far as the main body crossmember (under the front seat?) and the front end has had the A40 springs grafted in along with dampers.

The whole thing was created back in 1983 and he couldn't get it registered. "You don't have the qualifications make those mods!" was the attitude, so it's sat around all these years.

It seems a shame that he didn't go through with the engineering process. It looks good though! 
I would love to see how he got the front suspension to work.

#606 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

• 745 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 00:38

Thanks CP and Ray, I have edited the original post and the photos now show. :clap: :clap:

Greg, no problem, I am glad you enjoyed them.