Jump to content


Photo

F1 wealth rankings 2006-Kimi's 06earnings more than Schumi?!


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Jane.KM

Jane.KM
  • New Member

  • 16 posts
  • Joined: April 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:35

the rankings from BusinessF1 .
That Kimi's earnigs in 2006 is more than Schumi's really surprises me!
Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 giacomo

giacomo
  • Member

  • 6,977 posts
  • Joined: December 05

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:42

I am more suprised that the unemployed Eddie Irvine should earn more in 2006 than Ferrari CEO Luca di Montezemolo.

#3 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 55,900 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:01

That is an odd one. I've never quite believed Kimi's atmospheric salaries, I dont think anyone has ever made 45mil a year as a racing driver. And Michael should be ahead of Kimi just because of all the merchandise/licensing deals he has.

#4 giacomo

giacomo
  • Member

  • 6,977 posts
  • Joined: December 05

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:07

I just discovered the figure for Ecclestones 2006 earnings. :lol:

Forget that list!

#5 logic

logic
  • Member

  • 3,636 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:07

Kimi gets salary from two teams, simple.

#6 QdfV

QdfV
  • Member

  • 3,092 posts
  • Joined: August 01

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:08

(atmospheric or astronomic?)

#7 logic

logic
  • Member

  • 3,636 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:08

Originally posted by giacomo
I just discovered the figure for Ecclestones 2006 earnings. :lol:

Forget that list!

Look at the little balls, for Bernie it is salary only.

#8 Jazza

Jazza
  • Member

  • 992 posts
  • Joined: November 99

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:13

KR is worth more then RD :rolleyes: . Something is seriously messy with those numbers. There should be a lot of people in different positions I think.

#9 kamix

kamix
  • Member

  • 1,238 posts
  • Joined: October 04

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:19

Interesting they list button earning $25 mil and webber $6 mil ... *cough* buttongate *cough*. Also Alonso listed as $6 mil ... kimi as $45. :rolleyes:

The drivers all say money has nothing to do with their team choice I find that hard to believe if it's an extra 20 or 40 million dollars a year ...

#10 Timstr11

Timstr11
  • Member

  • 7,212 posts
  • Joined: May 02

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:30

Max has an accumulated wealth of 330 mil? :eek:
Where is that money from? Is he taking bribes from Ferrari?

#11 jigc

jigc
  • Member

  • 167 posts
  • Joined: May 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:38

Originally posted by logic
Kimi gets salary from two teams, simple.


:rotfl: :rotfl:

#12 Spyker MF1

Spyker MF1
  • Member

  • 254 posts
  • Joined: October 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 08:56

Now everone can see why Alonso signed for McLaren for next year. :smoking:

#13 330R

330R
  • Member

  • 1,240 posts
  • Joined: September 04

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:05

Originally posted by Spyker MF1
Now everone can see why Alonso signed for McLaren for next year. :smoking:


Because he thought there was a real chance his $6 million could become $0, if Renault closed shop. (;) eh, he would've found a seat at Super Aguri or some place)

#14 Spyker MF1

Spyker MF1
  • Member

  • 254 posts
  • Joined: October 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:12

He realised he'd earn megabucks at McLaren and would rather have that than another WDC.

#15 aisiai

aisiai
  • Member

  • 299 posts
  • Joined: May 03

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:49

Originally posted by Spyker MF1
He realised he'd earn megabucks at McLaren and would rather have that than another WDC.


'96 ... anyone? ;)

edit : smiley

#16 Ghostrider

Ghostrider
  • Member

  • 15,758 posts
  • Joined: July 99

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:10

If that list is accurate, Button has made a good deal for himself(or maybe Goddard, who is also on the list..)

#17 WayFaster

WayFaster
  • Member

  • 270 posts
  • Joined: January 05

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:17

Originally posted by Jazza
KR is worth more then RD :rolleyes: . Something is seriously messy with those numbers. There should be a lot of people in different positions I think.


Exactly... how could Kimi have amassed US$120mil over not that many years in F1?

Also, how come Max Mosley didn't have any income - NIL?

#18 logic

logic
  • Member

  • 3,636 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:54

Originally posted by WayFaster


Exactly... how could Kimi have amassed US$120mil over not that many years in F1?

Also, how come Max Mosley didn't have any income - NIL?

NIL is unknown (if it was a pointer to object in computer program). 0 USD would be no income.

#19 Mat

Mat
  • Member

  • 7,674 posts
  • Joined: January 99

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:59

Originally posted by Timstr11
Max has an accumulated wealth of 330 mil? :eek:
Where is that money from? Is he taking bribes from Ferrari?


Originally posted by logic

NIL is unknown (if it was a pointer to object in computer program). 0 USD would be no income.


Max's family is absolutely loaded. His position as president of FIA is an unpaid position.

Advertisement

#20 Earthling

Earthling
  • Member

  • 3,483 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:06

Wasnt there some sort of story recently that Michael Schumachers's total fortune is something like $800 Million?
How come it sez here that he's got $335 Million only?

#21 Spyker MF1

Spyker MF1
  • Member

  • 254 posts
  • Joined: October 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:38

Dosn't Schumi earn about $70-80 million a year includimg sponsor money

#22 kenny

kenny
  • Member

  • 2,028 posts
  • Joined: February 99

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:06

Originally posted by Earthling
Wasnt there some sort of story recently that Michael Schumachers's total fortune is something like $800 Million?
How come it sez here that he's got $335 Million only?

yeah weird list.. I read that too, and I read sometime ago that Alonso got 20m$ last year alone in sponsorship + merchanidse...

#23 Mauseri

Mauseri
  • Member

  • 7,439 posts
  • Joined: March 05

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:09

Kimi's manager earn more than Schmumi's too ...... they have taken a lot of money from McLaren. Next year with Alonso they have more money to develope a proper car.

#24 skonks

skonks
  • Member

  • 925 posts
  • Joined: April 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:38

Originally posted by giacomo
I just discovered the figure for Ecclestones 2006 earnings. :lol:

Forget that list!


:rotfl: :up: :up:
even without the dividents Ecclestone's income is ludicrous :drunk:

#25 skonks

skonks
  • Member

  • 925 posts
  • Joined: April 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:39

I think the program that parsed the list threw a NullPointerException when parsing Max Mosley's salary :lol:

#26 Jane.KM

Jane.KM
  • New Member

  • 16 posts
  • Joined: April 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 13:29

Originally posted by Earthling
Wasnt there some sort of story recently that Michael Schumachers's total fortune is something like $800 Million?
How come it sez here that he's got $335 Million only?

yeah,I read it too ,from Sports Illustrated recentely.But then I found the list was about last year.

#27 Oho

Oho
  • Member

  • 7,257 posts
  • Joined: November 98

Posted 15 October 2006 - 13:47

I have understood Kimi's contract was very tail heavy, that might explain something.

#28 le chat noir

le chat noir
  • Member

  • 4,273 posts
  • Joined: June 05

Posted 15 October 2006 - 16:18

Re Max

He takes no salary as FIA president. Never has. The role doesn't give one. Never will. That's one small reason why he doesn't have that much opposition for the role.

He compares it to being PM which pays £48000 I think, maybe thats wrong maybe its a little, but only a little more - not six figures certainly.

And where is his worth from? He's old money, his mother was a Mitford, his father you know about surely

Can anyone supply a link to these figures now that the pic is kaput?

#29 Ivan

Ivan
  • Member

  • 6,646 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 15 October 2006 - 16:36

When Kimi signed a few years ago he had a major escalating retainer built into the contract for the latter years of it.

#30 klover

klover
  • Member

  • 3,862 posts
  • Joined: June 03

Posted 15 October 2006 - 17:00

Originally posted by le chat noir
Re Max

He takes no salary as FIA president. Never has. The role doesn't give one. Never will. That's one small reason why he doesn't have that much opposition for the role.

He compares it to being PM which pays £48000 I think, maybe thats wrong maybe its a little, but only a little more - not six figures certainly.

And where is his worth from? He's old money, his mother was a Mitford, his father you know about surely

Can anyone supply a link to these figures now that the pic is kaput?


Rumour has it his worth comes from Bernie who rewarded him with a couple of 100MM for his services. That he was not poor before then is also true.

#31 CWeil

CWeil
  • Member

  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 17:58

Am I the only one who can't see the picture?

#32 Menace

Menace
  • Member

  • 11,988 posts
  • Joined: November 01

Posted 15 October 2006 - 19:15

Ok, someone post the list since the image is gone. Please. :kiss:

With regard to Kimi's salary, I thought he was supposed to earn in the 30million range for his last few years at Mclaren? I haven't seen the numbers quoted so far, but wasn't his total deal with Mclaren in the 120million range? That and Mclaren payed Sauber 20million++?

#33 smartie_f1

smartie_f1
  • Member

  • 295 posts
  • Joined: April 06

Posted 15 October 2006 - 23:15

Chances are these figures come from the public records of the tax returns of each of the drivers.

If thats the case - Schumacher is listed, in Switzerland, as being unemployed, may help to explain the anomoly.

#34 Big Block 8

Big Block 8
  • Member

  • 2,423 posts
  • Joined: January 04

Posted 16 October 2006 - 13:21

Originally posted by Jane.KM
the rankings from BusinessF1 .
That Kimi's earnigs in 2006 is more than Schumi's really surprises me!


McLaren's last option for Kimi (2006) was a ridiculously expensive one, so there isn't really a surprise there. There were predictions years ago that he would earn more than Schumacher in 2006.

#35 Sakae

Sakae
  • Member

  • 19,155 posts
  • Joined: December 03

Posted 16 October 2006 - 16:25

Originally posted by Ross Stonefeld
That is an odd one. I've never quite believed Kimi's atmospheric salaries, I dont think anyone has ever made 45mil a year as a racing driver. And Michael should be ahead of Kimi just because of all the merchandise/licensing deals he has.

Combined number I heard is in excess of USD 80 Mill. for MS.