Photo

Does anybody miss DSJ?

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#251 Gary C

Gary C

• 4,541 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 19:37

spotted this afternoon at Brooklands...........

o277.jpg

Advertisement

#252 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,060 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 20:33

Very nice. 

That's not the Duesenberg crankshaft from the original photo so what is it?

Edited by D-Type, 09 October 2013 - 20:36.

#253 Gary C

Gary C

• 4,541 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 21:42

i've no idea Duncan

#254 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,589 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 00:12

As ever, I make no apologies for noting Jenks' passing 15 years ago today. I do, however, apologise for the poor quality of my shot of him with SCM and Lady Moss at the 1996 FoS. He was not in the best of health at that time.Jenks_SCM_Lady_Moss_Fo_S_1996_The_day_paPhoto copyright Roger Lund, all rights reserved.This was the occcasion when, as the three of them walked into the assembly area, the crowd suddenly fell to a hush, then the words "It's Jenks," and "it's DSJ" could be heard from the knowledgeable spectators, who broke into a spontaneous round of applause.Many thanks Jenks, and RIPRoger Lund

Another year passes. It is 17 years since Jenks left us.
Roger Lund

#255 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:18

Thank you, Roger...

A nice reminder.

#256 john aston

john aston

• 821 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:47

Different crowd demographic compared to when I met him at Donington at 93 GP. I had spotted the familiar figure (from pictures only ) pushing his little Moulton bike down hill next to the Craner Curves during free practice. Nobody looked twice at him but I seized the opportunity and had a chat with him. He was very opinionated - so he didn't disappoint- 'Mickey Mouse circuit ' etc and we talked for only 5 minutes or so but it was an encounter I treasure.

#257 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 3,042 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:44

Different crowd demographic compared to when I met him at Donington at 93 GP. I had spotted the familiar figure (from pictures only ) pushing his little Moulton bike down hill next to the Craner Curves during free practice. Nobody looked twice at him but I seized the opportunity and had a chat with him. He was very opinionated - so he didn't disappoint- 'Mickey Mouse circuit ' etc and we talked for only 5 minutes or so but it was an encounter I treasure.

Opinionated is what we expected of him - and as you'll see from my current sign-off (if your eyes are good enough now it's in a semi-invisible colour) I admit a similar trait. My last encounter with Jenks was in the paddock at a VSCC Silverstone by which time he was on a tricycle so that he "could still sit down when he stopped to talk to people"

Edited by Allan Lupton, 29 November 2013 - 08:45.

#258 blackmme

blackmme

• 461 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:56

I thought it might amuse that the spirit of Jenks has been invoked to describe the soul of the Gran Turismo 6 racing/driving sim in a review today.  I certainly get what the reviewing is driving at (sorry).

Talk about two worlds colliding, I wonder what Jenks would have made of it?

http://www.eurogamer...urismo-6-review

It's a very nuanced review actually.

Regards Mike

#259 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,199 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:12

I thought it might amuse that the spirit of Jenks has been invoked to describe the soul of the Gran Turismo 6 racing/driving sim in a review today.  I certainly get what the reviewing is driving at (sorry).

Talk about two worlds colliding, I wonder what Jenks would have made of it?

http://www.eurogamer...urismo-6-review

It's a very nuanced review actually.

Regards Mike

"A Rolls Royce engine at the foot of his bed"??? Surely it was out of a Daimler.