Oregon International Raceway

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brianp

brianp

• 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:19

Good Day.

Does anyone have period photos of this circuit? I've been curious about this circuit for some time as it was designed by John Hugenholtz and it was in use for such a brief period. There just isn't any information on the internet other than a few track maps. Much of the track layout is still there as part of the roads around the Short Mountain Landfill. I visited the site in 2003 and took some photos, but it's left me wondering more what it was like in it's day, especially on the east end. Any info or photos would be greatly appreciated.

-Brian

Advertisement

#2 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,076 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 21:43

Originally posted by brianp
Good Day.

Does anyone have period photos of this circuit? I've been curious about this circuit for some time as it was designed by John Hugenholtz and it was in use for such a brief period. There just isn't any information on the internet other than a few track maps. Much of the track layout is still there as part of the roads around the Short Mountain Landfill. I visited the site in 2003 and took some photos, but it's left me wondering more what it was like in it's day, especially on the east end. Any info or photos would be greatly appreciated.

-Brian

Brian, is it possible for you to share your "modern day" photographs with the members?

Henry

#3 Mark_Silverberg

Mark_Silverberg

• 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:09

Try

http://ellis.v12raci...shen/index.html

#4 brianp

brianp

• 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:26

Originally posted by HistoricMustang

Brian, is it possible for you to share your "modern day" photographs with the members?

Henry

Mark has linked to them in his post. :)

I'd love to confirm how much of what I photographed was once the actual course layout.

-Brian

#5 Terry Walker

Terry Walker

• 2,721 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:09

This fairly recent sat photo may help...

Posted Image

#6 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 7,210 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:24

that satelite shot obviously taken mid year.....gets awefull chilly in Oregon :blush: