Photo

Bartley Trophy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 apollo996

apollo996

• 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:30

I believe it started in 1950 and ran into the 70's. My grandfather was Stanley Bartley who provided the Trophy. I really want information or pictures. Any help would be most appreciated.

Advertisement

#2 amr2

amr2

• 51 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 14:05

Is this anything to do with the Bartley rally that used to be organised by Chester Motor Club?

This was, as I recall, a road rally run laterly as a round of the MN Championship in late 70's.

I drove course closing car in 1979.

Really can't recall too much about the history of the event now, though.

Andrew

#3 apollo996

apollo996

• 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 15:46

yes thats the event

#4 Chester1984

Chester1984

• 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 17:13

I believe it started in 1950 and ran into the 70's. My grandfather was Stanley Bartley who provided the Trophy. I really want information or pictures. Any help would be most appreciated.

I am a long time member of Chester Motor Club and was Chief Marshal on the Bartley Rally from the Mid 1960's until the late 80's When I was first involved it was a small closed to club event, but from the early 70s it was round of the Motoring News and BTRDA Championships and at least once was voted Best BTRDA Round.
I have no knowledge of the history of the trophy - and I think that is true of most of my fellow members at the time so found it very interesting to see this post.
I have emailed some of the older club members and hope to get some more information - as far as I know we still have the trophy and it should not be difficult to obtain a photograph.

#5 Chester1984

Chester1984

• 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 17:15

I am a long time member of Chester Motor Club and was Chief Marshal on the Bartley Rally from the Mid 1960's until the late 80's When I was first involved it was a small closed to club event, but from the early 70s it was round of the Motoring News and BTRDA Championships and at least once was voted Best BTRDA Round.
I have no knowledge of the history of the trophy - and I think that is true of most of my fellow members at the time so found it very interesting to see this post.
I have emailed some of the older club members and hope to get some more information - as far as I know we still have the trophy and it should not be difficult to obtain a photograph.

I have added 10 years to my involvement should be late 70s!