Jump to content


Photo

Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox360)


  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#51 Maldwyn

Maldwyn
  • Member

  • 1,486 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 23 June 2007 - 19:06

I'll be up for that too when Goodwood's over :)

Advertisement

#52 SeanValen

SeanValen
  • Member

  • 16,933 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 24 June 2007 - 00:01

I'm waiting to get live again, but I'm interested in a league again.

#53 mart

mart
  • Member

  • 735 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:36

Originally posted by babbel
I missed the nurburgring time trial by... 0.7! :(


Is it just me, or were all the trials before that one a lot easier?!

...took me 4 laps to get that one...nearly 1/2hr without blinking :eek: first lap was nearly 8 minutes but I ran wide a couple of times on the back section...2nd & 3rd laps just pushed the braking zone for each corner ended up with 7.02 on the 4th and had to turn it off, felt like I'd done it for real mentally!

#54 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:27

Originally posted by mart


Is it just me, or were all the trials before that one a lot easier?!

...took me 4 laps to get that one...nearly 1/2hr without blinking :eek: first lap was nearly 8 minutes but I ran wide a couple of times on the back section...2nd & 3rd laps just pushed the braking zone for each corner ended up with 7.02 on the 4th and had to turn it off, felt like I'd done it for real mentally!


I agree, the other time trials were pretty easy, I got most of them on my first lap. The same goes for the exhibition races btw!

#55 mart

mart
  • Member

  • 735 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:54

yeah, I've got all the exhibition races bar the nurburgring and that'ws my own stupid fault...used look back to see how far ahead I was and hooked the left wheels on the grass just as I fliocked back to forward...held it straight for a good while and recovered to the tarmac just as a porsche caught up with me - we crossed the line with identical times but he got credited with the win, presumably because his 2nd lap was faster due to my **** up!

Currently working toward level 40 in career...but I'm a points whore so couldn't resist taking a couple of days out to do the arcade stuff!

#56 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 25 June 2007 - 13:13

Originally posted by mart
Currently working toward level 40 in career...but I'm a points whore so couldn't resist taking a couple of days out to do the arcade stuff!


sounds familiar ;)

#57 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 25 June 2007 - 19:41

yeaaah I beat the nurburgring time trial :)

#58 Viktor

Viktor
  • Member

  • 3,391 posts
  • Joined: February 99

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:43

A league sounds good, Im in :)

/Viktor

#59 SeanValen

SeanValen
  • Member

  • 16,933 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:04

As usual, I'm a Testarossa nut, so I'm working toward buying the ferrari 512tr, and getting the maximum out of it, I just love driving this car, in PG2, FORZA 1 and now Forza 2, this is my car!


I remember doing time attacks at the nurburgring with the 512tr in forza 1 with some of you years back, alot of fun.

I haven't been playing much lately, bust with work, but can't wait to return to this.



Out of interest, in ARCADE MODE, I ask everyone to do their best time on the nurburgring for the Ferrari 512TR, and post their time here, anyone up for this? Something some of us can do if we can't make it online anytime soon.




Advertisement

#60 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:00

offline leages are soooo last century ;)

#61 SeanValen

SeanValen
  • Member

  • 16,933 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 27 June 2007 - 16:22

Originally posted by babbel
offline leages are soooo last century ;)


Indeed, but why close off those who currently not online, both leagues can coexist,
word up. :up: :up: :smoking: :up:

#62 Pils1989

Pils1989
  • Member

  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined: December 02

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:21

Apparently Sir Stirling Moss is going to be online on Forza 2 tomorow, 28/06, bewteen 12:00 GMT and 14:00 GMT :smoking:

#63 mart

mart
  • Member

  • 735 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:48

Originally posted by SeanValen


Indeed, but why close off those who currently not online, both leagues can coexist,
word up. :up: :up: :smoking: :up:


...it's an online party these days Sean, if you choose not to come to the ball nobody don't blame us if your date runs off with somebody else ;)

#64 Viktor

Viktor
  • Member

  • 3,391 posts
  • Joined: February 99

Posted 28 June 2007 - 17:36

So, who is who online? I have some of you on my friends list but I can't remember who is who :D

My gamertag is vg132.

/Viktor

#65 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:44

My gamer tag is babbelmb if anyone is interested

#66 Maldwyn

Maldwyn
  • Member

  • 1,486 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:10

This is me - Emjay UK

#67 Hacklerf

Hacklerf
  • Member

  • 2,332 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 29 June 2007 - 14:28

Mines Hacklurf

#68 tbones

tbones
  • Member

  • 223 posts
  • Joined: February 05

Posted 06 July 2007 - 17:53

I'm Spacktacular :rotfl:


:wave:

#69 benn5325

benn5325
  • Member

  • 1,583 posts
  • Joined: January 01

Posted 06 July 2007 - 18:41

Karula

#70 jhodges

jhodges
  • Member

  • 1,402 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:03

OpieSF

#71 SeanValen

SeanValen
  • Member

  • 16,933 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 09 July 2007 - 16:14

Originally posted by mart


...it's an online party these days Sean, if you choose not to come to the ball nobody don't blame us if your date runs off with somebody else ;)


I'm moving house soon, so I gotta wait until I do the live thing.

Wanna get it back badly though.

#72 acey

acey
  • Member

  • 148 posts
  • Joined: July 03

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:42

I'm up for a league. I think the additon of "series races" is great, however its quite lame that we still, and this is 2007, cant setup a proper championship. How do we keep track of points, and how do we setup the grid? Since theres no qualifying in Forza and the gridpositions are rather random?

#73 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:39

Originally posted by acey
I'm up for a league. I think the additon of "series races" is great, however its quite lame that we still, and this is 2007, cant setup a proper championship. How do we keep track of points, and how do we setup the grid? Since theres no qualifying in Forza and the gridpositions are rather random?


Forum threads I guess :(

The game has a neat system for leages and competitions, too bad it can't be opened for the public :(

#74 mart

mart
  • Member

  • 735 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 10 July 2007 - 13:05

Originally posted by acey however its quite lame that we still, and this is 2007, cant setup a proper championship. [/B]



...not strictly true because you can...just not in FORZA ;)

#75 karlth

karlth
  • Member

  • 16,242 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 06 August 2007 - 13:27

How many races can you usually join online with Forza?

Is the online experience good?

Are the physics with a steering wheel good enough for racer raised on GPL/LFS/rFactor?

#76 Keir

Keir
  • Member

  • 5,214 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 05 October 2007 - 14:33

I'm just reading the latest Cycleworld and one of the writers for an article about bikes on the ring indicated that the old circuit is very well done on Forza 2.

Any comments ??

#77 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 05 October 2007 - 15:01

it is very well done :)

#78 19Fan

19Fan
  • Member

  • 52 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 06 October 2007 - 15:42

All of the courses are remarkably well done. The painstaking detail they put into getting each course as close to real as possible is incredible.

#79 Keir

Keir
  • Member

  • 5,214 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 11 October 2007 - 13:34

What track is the demo circuit ??

Advertisement

#80 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 11 October 2007 - 14:21

Mugello short

#81 Keir

Keir
  • Member

  • 5,214 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 12 October 2007 - 13:20

Thanks, I just wasn't looking !! :blush:

My favorite car around there is the Nissan but Beretta in the Corvette keeps beating me. ..... and I don't know why 'cos I'm faster than him at Lime Rock !!

#82 Maldwyn

Maldwyn
  • Member

  • 1,486 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 31 October 2007 - 13:01

So who has tried out the new Motegi circuit yet?

I downloaded recently and must admit I couldn't get to grips with it at all. I have a few friends who I sometimes race with, and we're normally evenly matched, but at times I was 2secs off their laps times :eek: I was driving like my grandmother, and she never held a driving licence!!! Just an off night perhaps :drunk:

#83 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever
  • Member

  • 831 posts
  • Joined: June 03

Posted 07 November 2007 - 20:59

It's fun to race the Motegi tracks somewhere else than in the GT series on the PS2! :smoking:
Too bad they haven't added them anywhere in the career championships.

#84 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 57,077 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 09 November 2007 - 21:43

Anyone know where I can find settings? The stock setups that come with the time trials suuuuuuck. I'm doing 1:35's at Mugello in the 333sp and I don't know how I can go any faster into turn 1 and still use the brakes. And I have friends who can do 28s with no aids and no wheel :eek:

#85 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:57

- go to time trials
- select mugello
- on "Starting Grid" select "Tune car"

#86 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 57,077 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:08

No shit :lol:

I need actual setup though. I've seen webpages that calculate suspension based on your weight bias, car weight, etc; but they give me figures that are beyond the ranges of the game, even when converted imperial/metric and there's no info about gearing or downforce.

I'm really underwhelmed by Forza 2, everyone raved about it but it's nothing on a decent PC sim.

#87 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 10 November 2007 - 16:57

oh right, I think you can see some stuff with the realtime telemetry. Click up on the d-pad

#88 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 57,077 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:10

Now that I've figured out where/how to get setups, its a much better (and more fun!) game.'Decent' in the rankings too.

But now I reckon I need a wheel. With the deadzone problems of the Microsoft wheel, and the lack of options in the Xbox world, should I just plump for the Logitech? The other one, not the G25. Which annoys me, it's USB, why can't it work on everything?

#89 Keir

Keir
  • Member

  • 5,214 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 20 November 2007 - 16:54

Ross,

How would you describe the feel of the brakes ??

I've found that it's the toughest part of the sim for the design team to get right !

#90 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 57,077 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 21 November 2007 - 17:12

The brakes were really tricky at first until I figured out how the settings work. You have your normal front-rear bias (sadly not adjustable during the lap) but you also have pedal pressure. The default setups are at 100% pedal pressure and it's way way too much. It's lock up everwhere. Most setups seem to be in the 60-80% range so you have enough braking power but they aren't so harsh that you're always locking up, because even though you have a trigger to apply the brakes, the travel isn't very far so you need to turn down the brakes a bit.

At a place like Mugello I run about 80% pressure and 40% front bias so I can ease the brakes on and off for most of the corners, but still have decent bites for the big stops.

#91 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever
  • Member

  • 831 posts
  • Joined: June 03

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:14

BTW, anyone knows if its worth getting the Microsoft steering wheel to play this(or any other racer)? I've got it on my Santa list and I think I've been nice enough this year...
Is it really worth it??? :confused:

#92 Keir

Keir
  • Member

  • 5,214 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 26 November 2007 - 14:42

Thanks Ross !

Steering wheels are almost a requirement for some driving games. GPL for instance !!
It's getting them set up that's the big challenge.

#93 Jerome

Jerome
  • Member

  • 2,088 posts
  • Joined: September 05

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:11

Originally posted by Ross Stonefeld
Anyone know where I can find settings? The stock setups that come with the time trials suuuuuuck. I'm doing 1:35's at Mugello in the 333sp and I don't know how I can go any faster into turn 1 and still use the brakes. And I have friends who can do 28s with no aids and no wheel :eek:


I do a 1.27xx on Mugello... on a bike! (In Moto Gp 06, so take it easy!)

#94 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever
  • Member

  • 831 posts
  • Joined: June 03

Posted 27 December 2007 - 00:31

Just out of curiosity...

Has anyone tried FORZA 2 with 3 screens yet? :smoking:

If so, please give us your impressions...

#95 jdanton

jdanton
  • Member

  • 739 posts
  • Joined: November 01

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:01

Did a lap of Road Atlanta at the Petit Lemans with 3 screens. Nice but the MS wheel sucks--dead spots.

#96 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 57,077 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:32

Isn't it adjustable for dead zone?

#97 The July Plot

The July Plot
  • Member

  • 482 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:59

Love this game! I have a 2 screen setup (pictured below) although I rarely use both screens, I really want a proper 3 screen and rear veiw mirror setup though, but I will need to save hard to get that! lol
Are there many people from here still playing online? If so I would love to join in, I have loads of xbox friends but hardly any of them still play Forza 2. Im a pro 23, (at the moment).

Posted Image

#98 SeanValen

SeanValen
  • Member

  • 16,933 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 18 April 2008 - 16:28

Originally posted by The July Plot
Love this game! I have a 2 screen setup (pictured below) although I rarely use both screens, I really want a proper 3 screen and rear veiw mirror setup though, but I will need to save hard to get that! lol
Are there many people from here still playing online? If so I would love to join in, I have loads of xbox friends but hardly any of them still play Forza 2. Im a pro 23, (at the moment).

Posted Image


I took a break, but enjoy Forza 2 and will get back into it soon.

I do play online time to time, problem is, lost my profile on a old xbox live profile that got frozen and couldn't recover the name, as too many cancel card payments when I wasn't playing, made them take away my gamertag forever, now I am starting the game again! Annoying, but what took some time to get over.

What's your gamertag? You got a cool set up.

#99 The July Plot

The July Plot
  • Member

  • 482 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 25 June 2008 - 20:26

Originally posted by SeanValen


I took a break, but enjoy Forza 2 and will get back into it soon.

I do play online time to time, problem is, lost my profile on a old xbox live profile that got frozen and couldn't recover the name, as too many cancel card payments when I wasn't playing, made them take away my gamertag forever, now I am starting the game again! Annoying, but what took some time to get over.

What's your gamertag? You got a cool set up.

Sorry for taking so long to reply! :o My gamertag is F1Senna, feel free to add me and we can try and get some Forza action on the go. :D

Advertisement

#100 mursuka80

mursuka80
  • Member

  • 5,106 posts
  • Joined: March 07

Posted 13 December 2008 - 17:31

Originally posted by Ross Stonefeld
Now that I've figured out where/how to get setups, its a much better (and more fun!) game.'Decent' in the rankings too.

But now I reckon I need a wheel. With the deadzone problems of the Microsoft wheel, and the lack of options in the Xbox world, should I just plump for the Logitech? The other one, not the G25. Which annoys me, it's USB, why can't it work on everything?


Could you please tell me where you can get setups? For Road America is appreciated.