Photo

Coldwell

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Kitson

Andrew Kitson

• 2,535 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 16:02

Here is a new one I have done for David & Lorraine Gathercole. The Coldwell C14 they own, shown at Oulton. It is a small 12 x 10in picture:

Posted Image

Secondly Keith Baldwin's club F3 cars ( Keith is brother of Avon Tyres Motorsport director Julian). His 1989 TF3 Championship winning March 733 and the Dallara F300 he races in club F3 events today:

Posted Image

Carl Tompson's mid-80s Sports 2000 Tiga he still races in club Sports 2000:

Posted Image

I have other historic pictures on the burner, however mainly busy with the contemporary scene of late, doing pictures for the likes of Lewis Hamilton, Barwell Motorsport & Comtec Racing. More to come in a couple of weeks.

Advertisement

#2 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 16:39

Lovely pictures Andrew, very tempting.

#3 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,120 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 17:22

Keith B is/was also a big cheese in Zurich/Allied Dunbar - the latter being a small reason I've always been a little 'off' him... Sorry industry prejudices and all that !!

#4 Andrew Kitson

Andrew Kitson

• 2,535 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 17:29

Thanks Richard.
Here is one I found on an old photo over Christmas, not a very good photo though unfortunately.

Posted Image

At the 1990 (or maybe '91?) Donington racing car show I shared a stand with fellow artist Alan Willis.
Alan did the coloured pencil portrait, helmet and background and left a space for me to add the GRD
which was done in acrylics. It looked very smart framed up (there is too much contrast in this photo losing the shading on the tyres for example).

Kind words came from a passing Tom Wheatcroft and other friends of Roger. Dave Brodie came by and looked at it for a while then had to turn away to compose himself. When he came back he said Roger was his best mate and produced the cash asking price. It still proudly hangs in his home today. Wish I had a better pic of it, will have to visit Dave to get a new one!

#5 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 18:47

Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
Thanks Richard.
Here is one I found on an old photo over Christmas, not a very good photo though unfortunately.

Posted Image

Dave Brodie came by and looked at it for a while then had to turn away to compose himself. When he came back he said Roger was his best mate and produced the cash asking price. It still proudly hangs in his home today. Wish I had a better pic of it, will have to visit Dave to get a new one!

I can fully appreciate his sentiments, I am reading "The Lost Generation" at present, and have put it down for a while as it conjures up so many memories of watching Roger race (as well as TB and TP), he was so very highly regarded in the Racing World. Great pictures Andrew, did you exhibit at Stoneleigh in 2004? If so I spoke with you regarding a picture of Ronnie Peterson, I think you had one on your stand?

The RW collage is a truly evocative. :cry: